Aurora's Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
"huh?..." Matt was caught off guard by yet another female voice. It wasn't the one who was speaking to him through telepathy, no this voice was more hesitant and more high pitch. He turned around to meet the face of this voice. She seemed like if he had said boo the girl would've ran off. With a much more calmer voice he replied "so your my room mate huh?" he said eyeing her up and down with his fingers on his chin, "cool, my names Matthew, but you can just call me Matt." He then went to extend his hand out for a handshake, but felt a small shove that caught him off guard, by the telepathic lady speaking in his head. His hands went straight to his side. "nice hair..." he said to Kate before looking around the scene. The crowd was getting to be a little too much, But how could he help? But then he noticed something, a pipe, going straight up the side of the building just on the side of the crowd. It was a water pipe, he could tell because those things run all along his apartment, a piece of trash place that was. His eyes then went back to the green haired girl "look, you might hate me for this, and that's not good for first impressions, well everyone here will probably hate me for this" he chuckled "But I gotta help out a friend" The teen finished off with a warm smile. He then brought his thumb to his mouth, before biting down on it with his canine teeth, drawing blood, Because he has done this so many times, the pain of it was none existent. Suddenly, a small stream of blood began to make its way out of the wound like a serpent, forming a small ball of the red liquid in the middle of Matt's hand. "one shot is all I need" He said aiming his hand in the direction of the pipe...and suddenly the sphere of blood was launched forward from his hand, so fast that it wasn't even visible to the naked eye.

The blood bullet barely hit the pipe, but instead grazed it, but it was enough for water to begin to shoot out due to the pressure build up in the pipe. water rained down on the crowd below, making both the staff members of the prison and inmates leave the scene in a rush. leaving only a select few behind. Of course, Siobhan and Kaos were out of the way, relieving them of being drenched in water. But sadly Matt and Kate were left in the raining pipe water, And Matt stood there with a bright smile, water dripping off his hair. "Nice day for some rain huh" he spoke to the now soaked in water green haired girl in a joking manner. <Crowd is gone miss brain lady> He thought mentally, hoping Siobhan would pick up his thoughts.

@Almalthia @QwibQwib @Unyielding @Brea @Sakuyahime @Karakui
Siobhan sighed with relief as the crowd dispersed and sat back from the almost fetal position she was in. Leaning her head toward Matt she sent <Thank you, and lose the "brain lady" its just Siobhan. And be a gentleman to the poor terrified girl. I can make your life hell you know. Remember that scene from "Ghost" where Patrick Swayze tortures Whoopi Goldberg...yeah. I'm Pat you're Whoopi in this situation, if you're not nice. I'm going to talk to this guy here so he doesn't think I'm too weird...or weirder than the rest of us.> Siobhan looked back over at Kaos. "Hello. Sorry about the mental intrusion but I tend to panic with to many people around. My name is Siobhan O'Connell, and you are?" She said in a soft deep voice with the full rolling brogue she was born with. She held out her hand to Kaos.

@Unyielding

Kaos her a voice out of nowhere. It spouted 100 no 150. It was a count, but of what. He looked around but nobody was talking to him, even the girl he sat by just ignored him. Still he did not move. It was pointless and he was use to being ignored. Suddenly he felt his hand turn grey again. He clenched his teeth and focused on happy thoughts.

Then he saw the loud guy bite his thumb which started bleeding. something jumped from his thumb and it hit the pipe which sprinkled water everywhere. Kaos stood up holding his hand out which turned to a barrier of grey rock. However he did not feel any water touch him so he reverted his hand to normal. "And they called me chaotic," he muttered before dropping down to his set next to the girl. He sigh as the rest of the inmates left the area. It was pretty funny actually now that he thought about it.

"Hello. Sorry about the mental intrusion but I tend to panic with to many people around. My name is Siobhan O'Connell, and you are?"

Kaos turned to her startled. Her voice came out of nowhere and what did she mean by mental intrusion? Was she that voice. Kaos turned back to the dripping water from the pipe. "Sorry, I thought you were just ignoring me haha, I... I am..." He did not know how to answer. His parents though of him as a monster and so did everyone else. They all called him Kaos and so that is what he was. "Everyone calls me Chaos, so i'm Kaos with a K." He closed his eyes as he was still pretty tired, "So are you that voice?"

@Almalthia

Siobhan smiled sadly. "Aye the voice in your head a moment ago that said 'N-n-number? I...think around over 100...closer to 150 all together. That's counting the non-enhanced.' was me. Its my preferred form of communication. Lets see if any of the stragglers are your number."

For most of Katelyn's conversation with her new roommate she just nodded. "So you're my room mate huh?" A nod. "cool, my names Matthew, but you can just call me Matt." Another nod. And then the comment about her hair, which was met with a pause and another nod and she began to consider whether or not such a comment deserved a verbal reply. In the end she decided it did, but before any words graced the outside world her roommate cut her off, and then bit his finger.

It was too bad, for a second she had forgotten about her powers, forgotten about the facility, forgotten about all the bullshit, and had for a moment believed everything was normal and she was just talking to another person. The illusion was now shattered, and the ashen haired boy only further stomped on the broken pieces by shooting a blood projectile at a water pipe. The water hit Katelyn, and she faintly heard people starting to move away. Her eyes were on the ground.

"Nice day for some rain huh?" the boy commented, and Kate exchanged a measly glance with him, her eyes welled up with tears. "I will be seeing you in our dorm." she answered, giving him no more of a regard before walking away, past the booths and finally inside of her new "real world".

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brea
The Songweaver had been feeling frustrated for quite some time now, first with the drugs, then with the boring drive after having stupidly purged her system. She had a feeling that if the drug had still been there, she might have found the trip slightly less insufferable. The final straw had been when the idiot she now immediately disliked thought it would be a good idea to burst a water pipe. Under her voice, which was being muffled by her hand to make sure no one could hear her, she began to speak. Well, maybe a psychic could have heard her, but she doubted anyone like that was in the audience. "Doctor Foster went to Gloucester in a shower of rain." At this point, the pipe cracked slightly, and the spray of water increased in intensity. "He stepped in a puddle right up to his middle and never went there again!" After this line, a 3 foot deep pit filled with water opened up beneath the blood manipulator, who plummeted hilariously into it. She uncovered her mouth and smiled. "That'll teach you to do stupid things." She directed this statement at the blood manipulator who now stood waist deep in a pit of water.

Reactions: Brea
"you know... I can't make everyone happy" He sighed in reply to Siobhan, watching the Kate walk off in tears. "fuck..." He said feeling bad for the poor girl, but all in all, he did stop the whole scene from becoming a huge mess, but in the costs of making everyone seriously disliking him. "you owe me big time Siobhan..." he said quietly to himself. He threw his hands in his pockets and looked up into the air. Things could've gone worse, the staff members could've seen him shooting the bullet, Which would've been a lot worse.

Just as he was about to chase after Kate, the ground from under his feet became hallow, and he fell straight into a pit full of water. "W-What the fuck?!" The ashen haired teen shouted in reply to the act. He turned around to hear a girl say "that'll teach you to do stupid things" Now Matt was furious "Listen hear, you bitch" He started off, climbing out of the water filled pit. He began by pointing a finger at her, it was then he decided it wasn't worth it, that he still had to fix things with Kate. "I don't fucking need this shit" He mumbled before turning around and jogging off in the direction Kate had ran off too.

Moments later he was walking around, Looking for his dorm, With each step there was a slight squishing sound, since he was basically walking around with puddles in his shoes. Once he saw the door, he sighed in relief and walked up ran up to it before knocking. "hello? Any green haired lady in here?" he said softly before slowly opening the door.

@QwibQwib @Karakui @Almalthia

Kate had practically began to run after she was out of the sight of everyone else, her eyes were blurry with tears but with short pauses to see if she was going in the proper directions she eventually found her dorm and swung its door open. The initial sight after opening the door was a mostly empty room. The only thing making it not completely empty was a for a window at the back of the room.

The girl's eyes drifted around the room for a second, and they rested on two other doors. She moved towards the closest one, and inside she found a single bathroom, all the essentials needed there, bath, shower, toilet. Probably the only not empty room. She closed this door and moved onto the other one, that room was as empty, but was considerably smaller then the first one. Kate realized that decoration must somehow be up to the inmates because of all of this.

She withdrew from that room, leaving the door open, and began to walk towards the window. It was small, no ways of getting through. So Katelyn just opened it, and stared outside. There was just a huge stretch of grass in that direction, accompanied with the sounds of soft wind, and bird chirps. The spectacle only made her Katelyn's eyes water more, and she tried to reach her arm through the window. The attempt was met with a sharp shock and the girl withdrew her hand quickly, the window closing shut afterwards.

She stared at it for a moment before hearing a knock, and some muffled words. She turned to see her roommate, and her lips pursed. Opening the window again to allow the sounds back in. ".. I'm sorry." she began, walking away from the window, and into the middle of the room. "Running off without explanation was a poor reaction.. I can't.. blame you for what you did, the water was nice." she continued, before pausing and pointing back at the window. "We aren't returning. For a second I forgot about that fact, for a second I thought Dad was sitting at home watching the clock to make sure I didn't break curfew. For a second.. I thought I had something to return to, but there is nothing. We're here now. And I want some furniture."

She finished her monologue by going over to the window and closing it shut. "If ya want, you could make it up to me and find out how we get this joint livable.." she ended, staring out the window.

Siobhan winced as the singing girl threw her tantrum. She linked to Matthew and said. <Don't worry Matthew she won't last long if she decides to do that to the wrong people a few times. She's a spoiled brat and one who's not worth it. Calm down and talk to your room-mate. I still have to find mine.> Siobhan turned back to Kaos and smiled as she got up and held out her hand in offering to help him up. <Come on now we'll find your room-mate.> Kaos noticed that her mental voice while it was same tone and cadence did not have the accent.

@Unyielding

Kaos snickered as the ground underneath the kid dropped. He did not noticed who caused it but he knew they were ok in his book. Then he heard the voice in his head which caused him to turn to Siobhan. Kaos scratched his head. "Ok ok, and we can also find yours." Kaos grabbed her hand though he got up on his own strength. Then he scouted the area. "How do you suppose we find them, I dont see any other guys here. Only you and that girl." Then he got an idea, "Maybe she is your roomate."

@Almalthia @Karakui

[fieldbox=Kyler Maxon Stokes ♦ 18, #b80000, solid]
all_sweaty_by_catnappe143-d6mv1df.jpg

Click here to reference Kyler.

Kyler continued to watch as the newbies searched for their roommates. While he was still watching them his thoughts were pulled elsewhere. Jessamine, his younger sister, had always been fascinated with boarding schools, specifically because the students lived in dorms. He recalled one time she had gone on and on about how she would decorate her dorm, until Kyler had informed her she'd likely have to bunk with another female.

"But, what if I don't like them? What if they take my stuff without asking?" Jessamine had asked, her enthusiasm about the subject suddenly dwindling.

"Sucks to be you, I doubt they'd change your roommate," Kyler had replied.

Jessamine thought for a long moment before crinkling her nose and saying, "Never mind, I'd rather live here where I have a room of my own."

Kyler smiled at the memory. Of all his family members he missed his younger sister the most. He only hoped that the people here would realize he wasn't a threat and allow him to go home. Perferably before years passed and Jessamine grew into a woman... he'd hate to miss watching her grow.

Kyler was suddenly pulled out of his thoughts by cool water droplets hitting him. One second Kyler's skin was burning from the hot sun, the next he was soaked. "What the hell?" He shouted as he stood up, looking towards the now broken water pipe that was spouting water. Like several people around him he jogged out of the way, muttering a string of curse words under his voice.

Once he was out of the splash zone Kyler turned to the new people, inspecting each of them. He was trying to determine who had caused the artificial rain, and how they had done it. His eyes landed on a male with ashen hair just as he was suddenly dropped in a pool of water. (Matthew) Kyler first raised an eyebrow, until he realized that it must have been him who had caused the pipe to break. An amused smirk formed on Kyler's lips, watching as the angry male climbed out of the pool of water.

Slowly, his smile started to disappear as he watched the male approach a girl, who he could only assume caused him to fall into the large puddle. He was ready to intervene if the male decided to be a real ass, but luckily he decided otherwise and walked away. Kyler's gaze didn't shift away from the girl, however. After only a moment of hesitation Kyler made his way over to her (Astra).

"Hey," he said once he was close enough, to get her attention. "How'd you cause that guy to fall into water like that? It was cool." He offered the black-haired female a smile before realizing he had completely forgotten his manners. Out of habit he had picked up from meeting college scouts Kyler stuck his hand out to her for a handshake, "I'm Kyler, by the way. It's nice to meet you."

@~\The Talentless/~ @Karakui
[/fieldbox]​

"I never really knew my parents well, they weren't around for all of my childhood, too fucking busy with work to care for their own flesh and blood..."He went on, running his hand through his hair. "And don't worry, we're getting out of here eventually, Don't you worry, I promise" Matt said, making a promise was sure to keep. Only because he knew he was gonna want out soon, and if he wants something bad enough, he'll go to no ends to get it, and right now, freedom from this damn place was looking pretty good.

"I do agree, we need something to make this place feel more comfortable, but where the hell are we to get things for that in a prison?" He said scratching the back of his head. "unless you got some cool ability that can make furniture and house decor appear at will, I don't think we can do that" Matt finished with a disappointed voice. What he could really need was a change of clothes, his waist down was basically drenched in water from falling into that pit.

@QwibQwib

Astra frowned as she looked at the male who had approached her. For some reason, he seemed very much like the kind of person who would take their clothes off in public and have spectacular if rather offensive muscles. She decided he would have fit in much more in one of those horrible yaoi manga that seemed to exist. She took out a pad of paper that seemed already to have her response written on it, and showed it to the ambiguously-oriented male. It read, "That is just one of my many talents." She turned a page over on the pad, and on the next page was written "I am Astra."

Siobhan let go of Kaos and looked over at the girl who Matthew has stalked away from, for good reason and the boy that had approached her. Then she looked back at Kaos. <Surely not. She seems like a spoiled brat, but maybe she just reacted that way to water on her.> She sighs and shrugs. <Lead the way Kaos...I'm not big on groups of people and all that jazz. You can defiantly do the talking I just hang a little ways back and observe. That I can do and I'm good at. Besides he looks rather intimidating.>

When Soibhan mention "he" Kaos quickly turned back to the girl. There stood another guy speaking to her. A guy who seemed to have a really tone body. Kaos lifted his shirt a little to see his lack of a 6 pack. Sure he was skinny but in no way was he in shape, at least compared to that guy. It was starting to tick him off, but since they had a mission to find their roommates, Soibhan already called dibs on being shy, and he was the guy, he sighed and took the led.

He marched over to the two with Siobhan behind him observing, as she self claim she to so good at. "Hey uhh... people who i don't know..." He started scratching his head because he already knew he just made everything weird. "Umm uhh... so... My stamp reads Y-03." Now that he was closer to the 2 he could see their faces and the girl was a looker. This was bad because he was not use to speaking with good looking girls. He caught his self zoning out for a few seconds before shaking his head. Again he knew he had just made everything weird yet again. He quickly turned to the guy because never in his life had he heard of a place rooming girls with guys. "So umm... Does your stamp match up... dude?"

He put on a smile but inside he was just annoyed. He did not want to room with this jock. The last thing he needed was someone bragging about their muscles or how strong they were.

@Almalthia @Karakui @Brea

Katelyn eyes narrowed at the mentioning of some cool ability, and she ground her teeth together so hard she wondered for a second if Matt could hear the grinding behind the cover of her lips. She shook her head "No" she began, spitting out the word as if it was poison. "I can do it somewhat, but it will NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN!" she yelled the last three words while walking towards him, eyebrows furrowed, and now her clenched teeth showing. "WE'RE ALL IN THIS PLACE BECAUSE OF THAT SHIT! And YOU just wave them around like a damn TROPHY.. well you know what, fuck off. I'll get the furniture myself." She finished her rant by walking past the boy and walking out with a slam of their door, the whole time she knew it wasn't fair, but she did not stop it.

As she walked away from the J dorms she hoped that what happened wouldn't damage whatever chances of friendship she had with Matthew. But she couldn't apologize for it, not now. Because not even in the deepest parts of herself was there doubt that she was right about what she had said, no apologizes needed.

Matt was took a step back when she yelled, a sudden look of surprise took his face. "I-I" was all he could say. But then he could feel his body ready to go into attack mode. But he stopped himself from even arguing with her, he just closed his eyes and took it. He knew how she felt, not everyone is fond of their new found abilities. Matt didn't like his own either, at least at first, he eventually learned to live with it, take advantage of it. There was no other way around it in his eyes, either go with it, or just be miserable. Kate thus left, slamming the door causing Matt to jump just a little, he then opened his eyes to look at the ceiling "Great...Just love making people hate you Matt huh?" he spoke silently sighing.

He walked up to the wall of the room, and slammed his head against the wall yelping the words "fuck" before sliding down to his knees and staring at the ground in defeat. "its been a wonderful first day..." he finished sarcastically.

@QwibQwib And everyone else.​

When Soibhan mention "he" Kaos quickly turned back to the girl. There stood another guy speaking to her. A guy who seemed to have a really tone body. Kaos lifted his shirt a little to see his lack of a 6 pack. Sure he was skinny but in no way was he in shape, at least compared to that guy. It was starting to tick him off, but since they had a mission to find their roommates, Soibhan already called dibs on being shy, and he was the guy, he sighed and took the led.

He marched over to the two with Siobhan behind him observing, as she self claim she to so good at. "Hey uhh... people who i don't know..." He started scratching his head because he already knew he just made everything weird. "Umm uhh... so... My stamp reads Y-03." Now that he was closer to the 2 he could see their faces and the girl was a looker. This was bad because he was not use to speaking with good looking girls. He caught his self zoning out for a few seconds before shaking his head. Again he knew he had just made everything weird yet again. He quickly turned to the guy because never in his life had he heard of a place rooming girls with guys. "So umm... Does your stamp match up... dude?"

He put on a smile but inside he was just annoyed. He did not want to room with this jock. The last thing he needed was someone bragging about their muscles or how strong they were.

@Almalthia @Karakui @Brea
Siobhan chuckled softly as Kaos lifted his shirt. Boys were adorable. Men preferable. She listened intently as Kaos said "Hey uhh... people who i don't know..." he blundered into that one. Rolling her eyes she stared off into space as Kaos said "Umm uhh... so... My stamp reads Y-03. So umm... Does your stamp match up... dude?" Siobhan smiled as he finished his statement.

@Brea @Karakui @Unyielding

Astra looked around for her stamp. She hadn't really been paying attention when they were applying it, so it took her a second or two to find it. When she did, she frowned - clearly not fond of the idea of sharing a room with a male. She showed him the notepad, on which was written "I am Y-03." The next page, as if she had already prepared to explain her frown read "Who are you? Do you have an interesting ability, or is it something mundane? I've already had my share of people with super strength and laser vision."

The young boy jolted around slightly as he was being driven to his unknown destination. Rather than being with other supers like himself, the van was filled with 4 swat soldiers all sitting around him. Nicolas sat quietly as he looked out one of the small windows a curious shine in his eyes. He clunked the cuffs that bound his hands together. His gaze switched from out the window to one of the officers. The almost evil grin he had on his face caused the swat man to stir uncomfortably in his seat. However the boy didn't try to break out, because the boss had told him to sit quite until he got to where he was going. He had also been told that there were going to be strong people to play with.

Eventually the van stopped outside a giant fortress of a building. The doors opened and Nic, along with the swat team, stepped outside of the vehicle. The team kept there guns on him as they walked him to the front gate, where they were met with a person who worked in the facility. The soldiers hurried back to the van after dropping Nicolas off. "He's your problem now" said one of them as they got back into the van and drove off. The women in front of him sighed a little, "Your late" she told Nic as she began walking towards the building only turning round to gesture for him to follow.

Before going through the door the women stamped Nicolas' hand. He looked down to see what it said, it seemed to be a number. Z-66. The lady then pulled out a set of keys, she took of the boys hand cuffs and pushed him through the door.

Nicolas staggered a little as he looked around. Something had broken, since the room seemed to be dripping wet. His feet splashed through shallow puddles as he made his way over to the few people that were left. Nicolas was wearing a black tank top, and baggy camo trousers. A shirt was tied around his waist, dog tags hung from the boys neck jingling as he walked towards the group. "Yo" he said casually as he reached a small group of people.

@Brea @Karakui @Unyielding @Almalthia

Siobhan looked at the young boy that approached the group. Mentally she reached out to him and said <Hello. Little late for the speech of you will never get out but that's probably not surprising. You'll be asked by the brunette female who you are and what your abilities are. So you might as well surprise her.>

@Unyielding @Karakui @parkpyro @Brea

Status
Not open for further replies.