Aurora's Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabella was the last one to come forward, her eyes set onto the Warden's. The standing woman stared down at her with a small smile, her eyes half lidded. Isabella didn't say anything, the Warden simple pointed to the right and Isabella turned her wheels, rolling up towards the right line of people, lining up with them. The Warden's face was blank when she stood in front of this new line.

"Thank you all for participating in this meeting here, but I do not believe any of you are fit to be leaving this facility. I am sorry." the woman announced, her voice completely monotone, her eyes darted among the present. "I imagine this news is most troubling, and I can empathize with you, really. But I assure you there is nothing I can do." her face remained blank throughout this.

"I would suggest you do speak with these fellow inmates of yours, get a feel for each others powers, really feel for pairings between them, in this facility you may find the opportunity to be empowered like no others, especially with fellow gifted. You will be required to begin using your powers soon, that.. will be all though, please do return to the inside."

The Warden turned her head, looking individually at the Swat people. The message was clear, if the inmates attempted at disobeying then, they would never have a chance to leave. Not under any circumstances, difficult for a corpse to do anything. After the exchange, the Warden turned, striding back towards the facility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katelyn's gaze found intimacy with the ground once more. As her lips were pressed tightly together, her teeth clenched behind them. The idea of her being let go had been so laughable before, so stupidly distant of a chance. Even more laughable and feeble was that now, she was sad that she had not been allowed that small chance.

Sad was a tad bit of an understatement in all honesty. She wanted to scream, she wanted to carve her frustrations into those around her. But instead she resorted to backing away from the line, her eyes only darting up once to see if anyone was looking at her before she made contact with the ground again. Speak with these fellow inmates. Stupid, so very stupid. As if they, in any measure would have been any use to her.

Isabella had started to wheel after the Warden. Not giving the others much of a glance.

[fieldbox=Kyler Maxon Stokes ♦ 18, #b80000, solid]
all_sweaty_by_catnappe143-d6mv1df.jpg

Click here to reference Kyler.

Kyler watched as each person, one by one, demonstrated their ability. Should I have shown my healing factor? He wondered suddenly, having almost forgotten he had that ability. The teenage male shook his head to himself. No, probably better I keep that one a secret. Kyler wasn't sure why, but he assumed he may be taken advantage of if everyone knew he could heal his wounds much more rapid than normal.

Astra and Fortess being put into the same line as Kyler made him begin to worry, but he tried to dismiss it. He didn't see why he would be sorted into the dangerous line, he had demonstrated his weak ability to the Warden. There was no obvious reason that he couldn't go home... at least not to him. It wasn't until Kyle was sorted into the same line as him that Kyler began to really worry. He thought of Kyle's power as extremely dangerous, because he could morph into whatever he wanted.

Something's wrong, Kyler thought, looking around to all the people he was standing with. All of them are much more dangerous and powerful than me... except for maybe Siohban. Why would they be allowed home? Kyler realized that there was no way he could be in the 'going home' line just as the Warden spoke up.

Kyler felt tears rushing to his eyes, his whole body getting warmer. Not fit to go home? I'm no threat! Kyler stood frozen once the Warden left, even though her message was clear. He couldn't will his feet to move, even after the people around him began to shuffle forward. He paid no mind to them, hardly aware of their movements at all.

Suddenly, Kyler felt his sadness begin to turn into rage. Cruel! He thought, his gaze lifting from the ground. His eyes shifted to all the people around him. How could she do that!? Offer us the chance to go home and then take it away. His hands were balling into fists. With heavy breath Kyler began to march back into the facility, wanting to hide in his living quarters. Until that point he had done everything that was asked of him, been a good prisoner.

Not anymore, he decided, resisting the urge to punch something. If she thinks I'm going to use my ability for her, she's got another thing coming.

@QwibQwib @Karakui @Almalthia @Unyielding

[/fieldbox]​

[fieldbox=Kyler Maxon Stokes ♦ 18, #b80000, solid]
all_sweaty_by_catnappe143-d6mv1df.jpg

Click here to reference Kyler.

Kyler watched as each person, one by one, demonstrated their ability. Should I have shown my healing factor? He wondered suddenly, having almost forgotten he had that ability. The teenage male shook his head to himself. No, probably better I keep that one a secret. Kyler wasn't sure why, but he assumed he may be taken advantage of if everyone knew he could heal his wounds much more rapid than normal.

Astra and Fortess being put into the same line as Kyler made him begin to worry, but he tried to dismiss it. He didn't see why he would be sorted into the dangerous line, he had demonstrated his weak ability to the Warden. There was no obvious reason that he couldn't go home... at least not to him. It wasn't until Kyle was sorted into the same line as him that Kyler began to really worry. He thought of Kyle's power as extremely dangerous, because he could morph into whatever he wanted.

Something's wrong, Kyler thought, looking around to all the people he was standing with. All of them are much more dangerous and powerful than me... except for maybe Siohban. Why would they be allowed home? Kyler realized that there was no way he could be in the 'going home' line just as the Warden spoke up.

Kyler felt tears rushing to his eyes, his whole body getting warmer. Not fit to go home? I'm no threat! Kyler stood frozen once the Warden left, even though her message was clear. He couldn't will his feet to move, even after the people around him began to shuffle forward. He paid no mind to them, hardly aware of their movements at all.

Suddenly, Kyler felt his sadness begin to turn into rage. Cruel! He thought, his gaze lifting from the ground. His eyes shifted to all the people around him. How could she do that!? Offer us the chance to go home and then take it away. His hands were balling into fists. With heavy breath Kyler began to march back into the facility, wanting to hide in his living quarters. Until that point he had done everything that was asked of him, been a good prisoner.

Not anymore, he decided, resisting the urge to punch something. If she thinks I'm going to use my ability for her, she's got another thing coming.

@QwibQwib @Karakui @Almalthia @Unyielding

[/fieldbox]​
Siobhan felt the sadness and rage pour off of Kyler and just as she reached out to him he marched away. Following him she shut the door softly as the got back to the room. Siobhan winced at his thought process and cleared her throat. "Ou' wi' it. I'll no be using me powers on ye." She stated matter of factly.

Status
Not open for further replies.