Assassin V Assassin

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Livia's body roared with anticipation. She pressed her flesh against his even tighter, leaving no space or distance. The sun had set and the pool now glowed with small green lights all around them. Livia leaned close and whispered gently into his ear, "I want you." Her eyes glowed with passion as she stared deep back into his. A strand of her hair fell over her shoulder and between her breasts. She reached over and slowly moved it back behind her ear, letting her hand linger for a moment.

Kane let out a mix between a growl and a laugh, "If you want it, come and take it." He smirked, teasingly pulling away from her body slowly. He took a moment to study the way her body looked. The way the sun reflected off of her soaked body, every curve, every straight, and every crevice.

Livia stared at him. Her eyes were completely focused on his movement and the way his body cut through the water. His words seemed to challenge her and sent her into her hunter's mode. She moved slowly around him in a circle, easing closer to him with each step. Then, as he was watching her, she leaped forward, sending both her and him underwater. Once submerged, she opened her eyes and looked at him. He looked back at her as her hair swirled in the water around them. Livia pulled him to her and wrapped herself around him once more, kissing him deeply as they remained under the surface. Her hands followed the lines of his body as they inched their way down his abdomen.

Kane only smirked at her again, quickly pushing her away and swimming under the surface. He only to a quick second to peak his head above the water, taking a deep breath before going back under, continuing his game of keep away. Or denial.

The days seemed to pass peacefully for the two. They spent nearly every moment together either talking about their tribes or their hopes for the future. Of course, they spent many nights together as well. They got to know each other intimately, emotionally, and spiritually. Any gap between them had been closed as the month finally came to its final days.

The training Kane went through wasn't as difficult as the first round, but the third day was still strenuous. Livia stayed with him all the while and comforted him through his nightmares and hallucinations. And he did the same for her whenever her dreams turned dark. The dreams shifted from being of her parents, to dreams of Kane, laying in a pool of blood. She would shake for the rest of the night while Kane held her and reassured her that he was alright.

Finally, Kane only had two days left of the training and his physical form had returned completely. However, now he would be resistant to all poisons, just like Livia. "Don't forget, even though your body is resistant, you can still feel the effects if you're given too much," Livia said to him. She was tidying up the room as she got ready to leave. "And I'll be back in just a bit. I'm going to stop at home and grab the last of the poison we'll need for the last two days."

Livia bent down to pick up her bag, but then stopped halfway down. Her body felt weird for the past week. She was a bit nauseous lately and she had slight headaches. Her daily doses hadn't been changed and she accounted for the extra she would be getting from Kane, so she couldn't figure out why. When the moment passed, she stood up again and turned to Kane. She didn't tell him about her symptoms; she didn't want him to worry. Livia smiled at him, "I'll be back." She gave him a kiss and left.

Back at the estate, Livia went to her greenhouse and cut some more roots from her Belladonna plants. She turned them into a powder and placed them into the respective containers. Another moment of dizziness passed over her and she grabbed onto the counter to steady herself. It wasn't like her body never got sick, but this seemed different to her. Unfortunately, since she was a poisonous, toxic girl, she couldn't just go to any doctor when she got ill.

The only thing she had to rely on in these times were advice from her tribe's people. She wrote a letter to her tribe's physician, or witch doctor if you prefer, and told her of her symptoms. Livia took the letter to the information room upstairs and had them send the letter to her tribe via morose code. In a moment, she got an odd reply back to her. It asked her if she had laid with a man. Livia wondered if it was related to the way her brain released endorphins and perhaps they were interfering with the various poisons in her body. She replied yes and then waited.

When the next telegraph came in, Livia's face went from confusion, to panic, to a somewhat understanding look. When she asked about her next move, the line replied 'come home'. Resolve filled Livia as she charged downstairs to double check and when the results were in, she went to see Luther. "I have to go back to the village for a while. It may be for about a years time. I can't make any promises on when I'll be coming back," she looked at him with determination.

"A year is quite a long time. Why on earth do you have to return? I thought you would be going back to work now that your loving boyfriend's training is nearly finished," Luther still disliked the idea of her being with Kane. In fact, he had kept a surveillance on him ever since she told him they were together. Nothing was seen from this surveillance, though, so Luther had began to trust him.

"I have to go back. If I don't, it will be dangerous," Livia knew it was better to not beat around the bush. "It will be dangerous for me and the baby," she kept eye contact though she wasn't certain of what she would see.

Luther's face went through several emotions. There was confusion, understanding, sadness, anger, rage, and then after some time of quiet brooding, a look of acceptance and joy. "B-baby, you say? So, I'm going to be a grandfather?" He paced the room before walking over to Livia and hugging her carefully. "I'm going to be a grandfather?! Ah. This is wonderful!"

"Well, that's honestly not the reaction I was expecting," she said. "I thought you would have gone and taken Kane to an alley somewhere to beat him senseless."

Another conflicted look passed on Luther's face, "Of course, I've thought of that. In fact, I want badly to strangle the boy. Is he ready to be a father? What has he said on the issue?"

Livia turned her face to the floor. She didn't know what he would say to her or how he would feel on the subject. They talked about many things, but they had never even brought up this conversation. Of course they hadn't, they had only been dating a month and there is no way they would have thought about having a family together already. Still, Livia would have to tell him. She would have to face him and then it would be up to him to make the decision to stay with her or leave. "I haven't told him yet. I was actually just about to head there now. Can you make the preparations for the flight?"

"Of course, and please, tell me what he decides," Luther was thinking up multiple ways to destroy the life of Kane Soto if he should decide to leave Livia. Would he really get a girl pregnant and then leave her? Could he be that kind of a man? Luther's blood was boiling at the thought of it. Still, until he heard back, he wouldn't move against him. No matter how much he wanted to, at the moment.

Livia went back to the hotel. She wouldn't need anything to go to the village with her. All she needed was her passport and her credit card for emergencies. It was a bit exciting to think that she would be back there soon. Still, before she left, she needed to tell Kane the news. Her hands were shaking and her nerves were at an all time high as she stepped through the door way. Kane was in the kitchen, making a snack when she walked in. "Babe, can you come in here and sit down?" She called out from the living room.

As he walked in, Livia's heart started beating faster. He sat across from her and looked questioningly at her. "I have to tell you something. And I want you to know that no matter what you say, I'll be fine with it." Livia paused. She wanted to say this more eloquently, more delicately, but she couldn't think of any way else to say it. Her eyes began to water a bit as she delivered her next lines to him. "I'm going back to my village for about a year. I have to. I'm pregnant." Livia sat still and looked over at him for his reaction as she placed her hands on her stomach.

His eyes widened when he had heard the words, his mouth open slightly, "P-Pregnant?" He exclaimed, watching the way her hands rested on her stomach. He buried his face into his hands before he got up and sat back down beside her, guiding her head to his chest, "I am so sorry I did this to you!" Kane said slowly, stroking her hair, "But I want to go with you. I don't care how your tribe reacts to me being there, I would go through another day of my personal hell if I have to..." He swallowed, looking down at her, "But I am not leaving you alone for this."

Livia felt the tears fall from her eyes. "Don't be sorry. It was a shock at first, but I'm actually kind of happy about this. I want to love this child as much as I love you, Kane. I want to watch them grow up and give them the life that I could never have, one filled with happiness. Are you sure you want to do this with me? I know we never talked about this, so it isn't wrong if you want out. But you have to tell me now if you do, even a little, so I know where you stand." Livia hugged him tighter as she waited for his words. Almost begging for him to stay.

Kane shook his head quickly, wiping away the tears, "I said what I meant, and I meant what I said. I'm staying." He whispered to her softly, taking her hands in his, "We are going to show our child what we always wanted in our life."

Livia nodded her head silently as more tears fell. She kissed Kane and then looked down at her stomach. Livia had always wondered what it would be like to have a child and a life that wasn't filled with just tragedy, but now she had the chance to find out. She smiled and then stood up. "Well, now that that's settled, we need to go to my village immediately. Otherwise, it'll be dangerous for the baby. I am poisonous so the baby has to be cared for in a certain way to make sure there's no chance of a miscarriage or birth defect. I want our baby to be happy and healthy." Livia loved the way that sounded.

"Only bad thing is, I'm going to a place where I don't know how they'll treat me..." He joked slightly, even though it was a big worry for him. He thought of all the situations that could go on in his head.

"I wouldn't be too worried about that. As long as you help out with the tribe and follow the basic rules, there won't be anything to worry about. Besides, you're new to the way of my people. They won't be expecting much from you," Livia looked up at him. "And they know you're my sakish so you will be fine."

"I just going to assume that means lover..." He said slowly , his eyes widened at the word. What if she just called him something really bad? He smirked at her and stuck his tounge out at her.

Livia looked back at him with a grain. "Actually, it means a bit more. In my tribe we don't date like you do here. We pick one person and when we spend the night with that person, it means we are theirs forever. If they die or leave, we're still theirs and they are still ours. That's what sakish means." she blushed up at him. It was a heavy word to use for such a new relationship, but in the tribe, you didn't just sleep with anyone. You only slept with your sakish. And they were your sakish forever unless they were challenged for your hand. That didn't usually happen. Still, Livia had used this incredibly powerful word to describe Kane. She hoped it didn't freak him out.

She went to her room and grabbed her passport. Soon, they were on their way to the airport and Livia was excited to see her people.

Kane grabbed his passport as well, smiling happily at her the entire time. He hugged her tightly and let his hands rest on her stomach. The word brought a few tears to his face, surprised to think anyone would think that he was hers forever.

Luther had arranged to have them fly on his private jet. It wasn't too large of a plane, but that would allow them to get much closer to the jungle. He flew with them, giving Kane sharp looks the whole time, and he hugged Livia goodbye. He was sad that he couldn't stay, but the underground world needed him and so did his businesses. He did make Livia promise to send messages back to him, and to let him know how the baby was doing, before he left for Kardanthia.

They had arrived at a small airport fifty miles away from their destination. An all terrain jeep took them as far as it could, but when it got down to the last two miles, Livia and Kane had to begin traveling through the thicket of the Amazon on foot. Thankfully, they didn't have any luggage or bags to carry. Livia had been away for so long, that when she returned, she felt a strong sense of nostalgia. The jungle had changed in the years she spent away from it, but she still knew how to get to where she needed to go. As they walked, Livia pointed out the various plants and animals to Kane, showing him which ones were poisonous and which ones were safe. She had given him his final dose of poison earlier and now he was finished with his resistance training. "I can't wait to see everyone. It's been so long. I wonder if they all remember me. Oh! Before I forget, you can still speak English to them. My birth parents taught them the language when they were still alive, so most of them know how to speak it. We still use the native tongue though, so I might have to translate some of it for you."

Livia felt very nervous. Kane had met her father, Luther, already, but now he was about to meet her tribe. This is where she came from, the place she was raised, and the place that gave her so much joy and pain. It was like she was really bringing him home to meet the family for the first time. Kane could decide at any moment that he doesn't like them or their place. He could decide that their way of living is too different from his life and leave. She didn't think he would really do that, but it still made her anxious. "It might take some getting used to, but you can go at your own pace here. I'm glad you came with me."

It was then that Livia walked up to a large tree, about seven feet in diameter, and knocked on it. For miles around, all a person could see was trees and plants. There was no village, no people, and no indicators of any kind. Still, Livia looked over at Kane and said simply, "We're here". Livia climbed the tree in front of her and motioned for Kane to follow. As she reached about ten feet up on the moss covered tree, she climbed to the back side and looked into a large, dark hole. "This is how we get to the tribe. It's quite normal around here for tribe's to be hidden. There are other ways in, but this is the fastest from where we are. Let's go."

As Livia climbed in the hole, her body disappeared from sight. The tree they were climbing moments before was actually half hollowed out. It had been carved by the tribe so that even as it continued to grow, inside there was a spiral staircase. It took about ten minutes traveling down in darkness, for them to emerge into a cave, far below the earth. It was hard to tell thanks to the forestry, but the entire time they were walking to the tree, they were actually climbing a hill. This cave led out the far east side of the hill and as Livia pulled back the wall of vines, sunlight streamed in and a village of about one hundred people came into view.

There were children of all ages running around, and men working on huts while women made various baskets, blankets, or dishes. The men were shirtless and wore a knee length loin cloth that went around them all the way. The women wore the same and a variation of tank tops, tube tops, and halter tops, all made of animal hide. Most of them had leather straps with pouches around their necks and more tied around their waist. This is where they kept their poisons or herbs. Just like Livia. The tribe also had enlarged pupils. Their sizes varied, but even small children had pupils larger than normal. Unlike Livia, they had darker skin, but it was still easy to tell that this was the place Livia was raised.

The tribe came to a stand still and stared at the new comers, unsure of what to do. They looked as though they were ready to launch into an attack on their new visitors until Livia took a step forward and put one hand directly up in the air. The other one soon joined it and as she brought them down in front of her body, they crossed and formed an X. As she moved them slowly to her sides, she took a deep bow and said, "Marashi". The frozen tribe suddenly burst to life and cheered. Soon, there were many people surrounding Livia and talking all at once. The younger children didn't get involved, though, they just continued to play peacefully as older children came up to her calling her "Lee-vee". It was clear that the older children remembered her while the younger ones had no idea who she was.

Livia figured Kane was completely lost at this point. "The bow I gave and marashi are a greeting. It means 'I have returned'. And they call me 'Lee-Vee' rather than Livia here. It's my tribe name," Livia turned to one of the children, who was about ten, and asked, "Ah-Vee?" The child pointed to a hut on the other end of the village that was decorated by many plants. One plant, in particular, grew abundantly there. It was belladonna. Livia smiled as she took Kane's hand and turned to the tribe of people, who had been staring at him for a while now. "Sakish, Kane Soto," she said holding up his hand. Another cheer escaped the crowd as Livia led Kane by his hand towards the hut.

When they got outside the large hut, Livia turned to Kane. "Sorry for all of that. I'm honestly glad they remembered who I was. Most people who leave the tribe never come back, so it must have been a shock for them at first. And although I spoke to them in Ah-Vwey, they really do know English. It's just customary to give the first greeting in the native tongue." Livia paused and turned to Kane. "This woman is the woman who took me in and raised me after my parents died. She's like my second mother. Her name is Ah-Vee. She gave me the name Lee-Vee and she is the witch doctor of the tribe. We don't have a chief because we make all of our decisions as a tribe. She's the closest thing we have to a chief, I suppose. I hope you like her."

Kane gave every person a quick look over, studying every person as he was trained to do. However, he nearly jumped when everyone began to cheer and yell. He had instinctively reached for his hand-carved knife, just putting a hand on it, not drawing it just yet. Kane followed her as she led him to the hut, staring at her with wide eyes, "I will not have a fun time getting used to this..." He said quietly, "Everyone here is one big family and I..." He paused, "I'm just a foreigner..." He spoke slowly.

It was true he felt at peace being in another tribe, but he did not like the fact he knew nothing about anyone... Or anything for that matter. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak, "Would there even be anything that they would allow me to do? Do I have to sleep outside of the village or something until they trust me? I'm sorry for rambling... But this is very knew... At least back home, I knew the customs..."

Livia looked at him confused, "But you misunderstand. You are family, now." She took Kane's hands and held them with hers. "It's true that you won't do much at first, but as you come to know us and our ways, you'll become a true member of the tribe and you'll be handed the same responsibilities as everyone else. And as far as trust goes, it may take a bit for them to trust you, like it will for you to trust them, but they aren't going to worry about you being a danger. Our tribe can be pretty cocky about our ability to kill anyone who poses a threat. So they wouldn't make you sleep outside of the village or anything like that. They would just attack you openly." Livia laughed. "But you're here with me so it's my trust they would question. Not yours. It's fine. I won't let anyone kill you," she smiled.

"Of course you wouldn't. But it'd be much easier if I gave him my approval, don't you think, Lee-Vee?" A short woman with dark skin and dark hair came out the front of the hut. She had more pouches hanging from her body than any of the others and her outfit was more elaborate. There was a large walking stick in her hand that was adorned with one bright orange flower and smaller ones of different colors. They all seemed to stem off of one vine that wrapped the entire staff.

Livia ran to the woman and embraced her. "Ah-Vee, it's so good to see you. I've missed you so much."

"As have I. You've grown wonderfully, dear. So tall and strong. And now you have a child and a sakish." Ah-Vee turned to face Kane. She looked up at him and stared into his eyes. Her eyes were nothing except for large pupils with a small sliver of grey around them. "Come with me sakish, Kane Soto. I would like to ask you some questions and get to know your soul. Lee-Vee can change while we are having our talk." The woman turned to Livia once again. "Your parents' hut is still there. We've kept it clean and ready for you. Your mother's clothes should fit you now and your staff and covering are still there as well."

"Thank you Ah-Vee. I will be back, Kane," she said, kissing him on the cheek. "Ah-Vee is a good woman. You can trust her," she said before heading off.

Kane let out a dry laugh as he followed Ah-Vee, "Feel free to ask as many questions as you seem necessary..." He said quietly as she sat him down in front of her, staring into his eyes. He merely stared back before he began to study his surrounding, his hunting mind coming into play. Kane looked back into her eyes after a long moment, since he had just gotten a flashback from his days in his tribe. One where he was being "interviewed" to see if he could be apart of the warriors before he could be with the chief.

"I can tell you have a complicated past. It is easy to see in your eyes. However, it is important to remember that as long as you keep moving forward, your past will remain your past. Just something to consider," Ah-Vee said. "Now, there are a few things I wonder about you. I'll ask and you can answer which ever ones you like." The woman leaned closer to see even deeper into his eyes. "What did you do with your life before you came here with Lee-Vee? Are you willing to give your life to save hers, if that's what it comes down to? And are you willing to give your life for a member of this tribe at this moment, if needed?" Her eyes seemed to be searching his for something as she spoke.

Livia continued walking towards the edge of the village from Ah-Vee's hut. She came upon a hut made a few feet off the ground, around a tree. Her eyes crossed the hut as memories of her parents and her days spent flooded her mind. For once, the memories that flooded were not of horrific scenes, but rather, they were of pleasant days spent with her loved ones. She climbed up the four steps of the ladder and opened the curtain on the front of the hut.

The inside was just as she remembered it. There were some weapons hanging on the walls between the skins of various animals and plants. Drawings of insects and plants with notes were also on the wall, including a scribbled drawing of what looked like a monkey. As she got closer, she realized that there were words on the bottom of the page. They read 'Livia-age 3-Drew a sloth for mommy'. It was by far the worst sloth Livia had ever seen. She laughed and shook her head as she walked into her mother's old room.

Livia hadn't actually been in this room since before her parents' death. She looked around and saw that it hadn't changed much either. There was an area resembling a closet that held all of their old dressings and a shelf built in the corner. On it was a photograph of the three of them together. Livia was born in the tribe, but her parent's had to travel to the city every other month to submit their findings to the research department they were associated with. On one of these trips, when Livia was two, they took her with them and captured this photo. Livia had forgotten all about it when she left the village. Now, she was glad it was here. It sat on the shelf next to her parents' old notebooks and research materials.

After getting dressed and walking around the hut once more, Livia headed back to Ah-Vee's. She was wearing a brown skinned skirt, that was slit up to the mid thigh and hung low on her hips, an asymmetrical tank-top that covered her chest, but not her belly button, and an arm band on each arm that rested on her biceps. Wrapping around her neck and dragging on the ground was a large covering, almost like a cape, but with a hood. She had let her hair down and it traveled the length of her back and hung in loose curls over top the covering. Around her neck, she kept her crystal vial of belladonna berry poison and around her waist was her chain of various vials.

In her hand, she had a large staff, similar to Ah-Vee's. This staff had many smaller flowers, although she would probably have to add more, and three large orange ones at the top. Livia smiled, knowing she would have to add three more there, as well. Of course, she could only pick two herself. Kane would have to pick the other. In the tribe, it was customary for each person to have a staff adorned with flowers. The smaller ones represented the other member of the tribe. The larger ones represented family. Livia had three large, orange flowers already for her parents and Ah-Vee. She would pick two more for the baby and for Luther, but she couldn't pick the third one for Kane. He had to present her with one and add it himself. That was the tradition for the sakish.

Most people didn't carry their staffs with them like Ah-Vee and Livia, though, nor did they carry as many pouches on their bodies. However, the witch doctor of the tribe would carry the staff and the pouches everywhere she went. When Livia was taken in by Ah-Vee, she had begun training to succeed her in that role, so she dressed the same as well. Now, she wasn't sure what was going to happen with that, but Ah-Vee had left these for her, so she was going to use them. Even if she didn't become the next witch doctor, she wanted to help Ah-Vee like she did before.

On her way back to the hut, Livia stopped and talked to many people. It had been a while, but everyone remembered her. It wasn't that strange though, her parents were loved by the tribe and she was the only pale skinned, red haired member the tribe had ever had besides her mother. Even Kane looked more like the tribe than she did. Still, she felt like she had finally come home.

She made several pouches as she talked with one of the older women of the tribe and she collected several useful herbs and plants on her way. They grew all throughout the village and there were hardly any that they had to leave the village to obtain. Livia didn't even have to stray from her path to collect them. Soon, she had multiple pouches tied onto her chain, in between her vials. She stood outside of Ah-Vee's hut, waiting for Kane to emerge. She hoped things were going well. Ah-Vee usually liked to test people since she was a living lie detector.

"This is my family now, is it not?" He said slowly and quietly, "And I would rather be killed a thousand times over if it would prevent Livia from even getting as much as a scratch on her body..." He swallowed as it became time for him to answer the question of what he did before he came here, "Let's just say..." He thought for a moment, "That what I do stands on one side of the knife."

Status
Not open for further replies.