Assassin V Assassin

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah-Vee stared at Kane. "I see that you speak the truth about Lee-Vee, and that as soon as you come to know the people, you will defend them too. However, you avoid to tell me you were an assassin. Strange thing to avoid. I know that Lee-Vee did such things in America, but you seem to want to hide this. Are you ashamed? Does it make you dislike yourself in some way?" Her eyes would not give rest to his. She continued to watch him, unblinking.

"So be honest... It's not the best line of work to be in..." He said slowly his eyes being cast down for a short moment before staring back at her.

"We have a rule in the jungle, 'you must do what you must to survive'. If you do not kill jaguar, jaguar kill you. Does not mean you are happy to kill, means you must to live yourself. It is different with people, but the rule stands," Ah- Vee looked at him. "I trust the man you will become, but the man you are needs some work. You must grow into that man for the child and Lee-Vee. You must relinquish your past fears to have a future with hope." Ah-Vee stood up. "Lee-Vee is waiting. Let us go celebrate your arrival with the tribe."

When they walked out of the hut, Livia waited to see how Kane would react to her new appearance. She had taken her dose of belladonna just moments before so now her pupils were close to being Ah-Vee's size. The strand of belladonna here was much more potent than the strand Livia was able to replicate back home. Her body seemed to miss it, and she felt more relaxed in her old element. She saw at first that Kane seemed a bit unnerved by Ah-Vee. Of course, Livia expected that. She had a habit of doing that to people. Then, she saw his face change when he looked at her. "What do you think?" she asked.

"What do I think?" He smiled, looking over her body. He pulled her close and whispered in her ear, "I think seeing you in a tribal dress makes you look very sexy..." He purred into her ear.

After a moment of contentment, his face began to contort into one of confusion, "Does this mean while I'm here I get I name, so I just keep regular Kane Soto?"

Livia blushed as he whispered in her ear, "I'm going to have my hands full with a sakish as seductive as you." As he continued on about names, all Livia said in response was, "I hope you do get a name." It was then that Ah-Vee pulled him back to the side.

"You get a tribe name when you perform one of the customs of the tribe. That is our policy for outsiders. This tells everyone that you are one of us. I suggest you do the sakish proposal." Ah-Vee looked at the boy and saw his confusion. "The sakish proposal is when you go to the far east side of the village and pick one of these," Ah-Vee pointed to her staff at the orange flowers. "Then, as we sit around the fire tonight, you tie it onto Lee-Vee's staff at the top and you propose to be her sakish. You must make her say yes before you finish tying the vines together. If you do that, Lee-Vee will give you a tribe name and you will become part of us." Ah-Vee looked at the boy to make sure he understood.

Livia noticed they had gone off to talk about something, so she turned to them, "Ah-Vee, what are you saying to him?"

"Nothing, child. Just to watch for pitfalls outside of the village," Ah-Vee remarked.

"Pitfalls? He won't have to worry about those if he goes out, he'll be with me," Livia didn't believe Ah-Vee for a second, but it was probably something she was better off not knowing. "Let's go, the feast is soon. I'll have to have Kane change into some skins." They traveled back to Livia's parents, now her and Kane's, old hut. She showed him around and took him into the bedroom. There, she grabbed out a bottom covering for Kane and an armband for his left arm. She gave him a strap with several pouches to tie around his loin cloth and some soft padded shoes. "These were my father's, but he didn't wear them much. He said they made him feel strange, so you'll practically be the first to wear them."

As Kane changed, Livia waited outside the door. When he was finished, she nearly gasped. He looked so handsome, so natural, so sexy that she didn't want him to go out. "No, I changed my mind. Put your clothes back on. I'm not having someone challenge me for you. Hurry up and change," Livia walked to him and put her hands on his bare chest. No one else in the village would know what these scars meant, and they wouldn't ask. As far as they were concerned, they were from his past self, and his past self was not the person they wanted to know.

Livia looked up Kane as her hands traveled up and down his torso. "Thank you for coming here with me, Kane. It means a lot to me."

Kane nodded and looked at Ah-Vee before he had left, "What do I say? Is there a specific way to ask? Or do I speak from the heart?" He asked her before he got pulled away by Livia.

He only laughed as he began to change back, "So I guess I will still be the same old Kane Soto until we get back? But I bet you could take them on..." He teased her when he finished changing.

Ah-Vee only pointed to her chest to answer Kane's question as Livia pulled him away.

Inside the hut, Livia laughed at Kane's words. "Of course, I could take them on. I wasn't a master assassin for nothing. It's just that when you challenge someone for sakish, it's basically telling them that you aren't good enough to be their sakish. And it would break my heart if I heard that from someone." She looked up at Kane and kissed him. "And, if you get a tribe name, you'll have to wear those clothes. I just wanted to make sure they fit in case that happens."

"Fair enough." He chuckled as he kissed her in return, "Just remember, if someone thinks you can't be my sakish, or the other way around... They don't matter, I decide who is a worthy Sakish, and you are more than worthy..." He purred as kissed her lips once more and then got on his knees, placing his hands on either side of her stomach, kissing it softly, "I can't wait to see you for the first time..." He whispered gently to the being inside.

After he had stood back up, taking his hands in hers, "Is this the part we sit around the fire? Because that's what Ah-Vee was telling me about inside the hut..."

Livia couldn't wait until the child was born. Kane seemed like such an amazing father already. Not many men would be so happy and quick to love a child that wasn't planned. Still, he was already being so sweet. "Yes. They will get the fire started and then play music while us women prepare the food and the men continue to collect fire wood. For a celebration like this, the fire will be quite large and go for a long time. As guest of honor, we're not expected to do anything, but I think I'll still prepare the food with the others. It has been so long."

They left the hut and went to the center of the village where there was already a pile of wood taller than Livia. People were running around excited and noisy for the start of the event. She kissed Kane on the cheek and walked over to a nearby table where the women had collected a lot of various foods. There were exotic fruits and vegetables, big chunks of meat from animals, and a large barrel of what Livia recognized as a sweet wine. She laughed as she began chopping the ingredients for the stew.

Kane gave her one last kiss before he began to follow the men and held with the collection of firewood. Dispite the protests of the other men of the tribe, trying to tell him that he didn't have to do anything, he continued to collect firewood. In his mind he was focused on earning the trust of the natives, to try and let them know that he could still work hard.

He lifted his head up as he heard the music began to start playing, nearly jumping as everyone began to holler. Kane quickly remembered what Ah-Vee had told him about going to get the large Orange flower. He hid in the shadows as he made his way to the most eastern part of the village, looking at all of the different flowers. Once he had picked one he thought looked the best, he went back to the campfire slowly, walking up behind Livia so she didn't see him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Livia watched from a distance as Kane gathered firewood with the others. He was making an effort to fit in with the tribe and help out. She smiled as she saw him interact with other and she answered many questions from the nosy ladies around her. They were excited to have her back and even more excited to have Kane return with her. She was talking with an auntie about Kane when the woman brought up another name, Dah-Nee.

Dah-Nee, or Nee as Livia called him, was one of the boys from the tribe that Livia grew up with. They were practically best friends before she left and the aunties always swore that they would be each other's sakishs some day. Still, Livia never thought of him as more than a brother and she couldn't imagine having anyone other than Kane as her lover. It didn't make sense.

Livia looked around and discovered that Kane had disappeared. She became a bit panicked when the music started and he still hadn't returned. He could have wandered off in search of more firewood, but it wouldn't be like him to disappear in an unfamiliar area. She was worried that he could have left the village and gotten lost in the thick jungle. Livia turned around, with worry on her face to see Kane standing behind her. She jumped with fright, but then heaved a sigh of relief. "What have I told you about sneaking up on me?" she smiled at him.

"That you love it." He teased at her a hand reaching for her staff. Kane slowly began tying the Orange flower around the top, making sure to not fully tie it until she said yes. He opened his mouth to speak, "Livia... I have known you for many years, but I have known little about your tribe. But now, I feel at home... Where ever you are, that's my home. And I want to tell you that I love very much, and that when we return to America... We might be able to stand at the altar and say I do. And I want to be your Sakish forever and ever... Will you be my Sakish forever?"

Livia wasn't even able to form a response to his teasing before the shock set in. She didn't know how he knew about the customs of sakish proposing, but somehow, he had begun to tie the flower to the top of her staff. Ah-Vee stood off to the side, grinning at the couple like a proud parent. As Livia listened to his words, her eyes filled with tears. He wasn't just proposing to be her sakish, he was also proposing to marry her when they returned to the states. The flower he picked was beautiful and vibrant. The orange was deep and the scent wafted around her. As her tears fell, the only thing she could think to say was, "Couteeve", meaning yes.

Livia jumped into his arms and kissed him nanoseconds after he finished tying the knot on the vines. The tribe erupted with hollering and cheering as they pounded loudly on the drums. As she separated from him, Livia had Kane kneel on the ground as the tribe stared with great intensity. She looked at him for a moment and then held her staff above her head with one hand. "Tao-Vey!" she yelled and the tribe erupted once more chanting "Tao-Vey," over and over.

As Kane stood looking confused, Livia kissed him once more and said, "Welcome to our tribe, our family, Tao-Vey. You're new name means light and savior. Because you came to me as both a light in my dark times and a savior in my most difficult times. Do you like it?"

"I don't like it... I love it! It has a better ring than Large Rock..." He smiled at her, grabbing her and pulling her into a deep kiss. After a few moments, he began to pull away, "You know how much I love you and our child,right?" He lightly purred into her ear, "Just know that you are more than my light, and more than my savior..."

"I love you so much," Livia said, kissing him again. Luckily, Ah-Vee stepped in and separated them before things got too carried away between them. The celebration lasted long into the night and everyone from the tribe came up and gave their blessing. Livia kept looking around, trying to spot her friend, but she couldn't see him anywhere. In fact, she noticed a few other people were missing too. "Ah-Vee, where are Dah-Nee, Toru-Vey, and Kee-Nah? I haven't seen them?"

Those three were always hanging around with Livia when she lived here. They were all the same age and Kee-Nah was the best female friend that Livia ever had. The boys would always tease them from a young age, but they were still inseparable. "Ah. Those three went off to hunt just before your arrival. They should be back soon. I didn't exactly get to mention to the tribe that you were returning, I wanted it to be a surprise."

"So they don't know I'm pregnant either? Should we tell them? A new child in the tribe is a pretty big deal," Livia looked questioningly at her.

"Don't worry. I plan on making that announcement soon. I just thought it would be better to get reacquainted with the others first."

"I see. Understandable. They're already this excited. I can't imagine how much more they would be to find out I'm pregnant. The men would probably start carving furniture immediately while the women took to fashioning clothes. They do get a bit rowdy." Livia smiled remembering what the tribe was like the last time someone was pregnant. It wasn't that pregnancy was uncommon, the tribe just got so excited at the idea of a new family member.

Kane smiled as they watched them interact, listening to their words carefully. His eyes lit up at the word hunting, breaking up their conversation, "How often do you go to hunt?" He asked them slowly while he looked at the tatoos the went down his arm.

Livia smiled at his expression. "Don't worry, it's my favorite thing to do too. We hunt every day so that the meat stays fresh. If you like, we can go together with some others tomorrow. I can show you what it's like to hunt in the jungle." Livia shook her hips in anticipation. It really had been a long time since she was able to hunt. You could hunt in the states, but hunting in the jungle was different.

"I just feel it would be the thing I would actually be useful for." He smirked, but then placed a hand on her stomach, "I would rather you stay here... I wouldn't want you to risk getting yourself even a single scratch..." He whispered to her.

Livia knew this was coming. Kane wouldn't want her in danger, ever, but hunting in a group was different than hunting by herself. "Let's talk about it later, okay?" She didn't want to interrupt the festivities and it would take a while for him to understand her point of view. Luckily, as soon as she said that, whooping and yelling could be heard from the end of the village as a group of people came into sight.

It was the hunters returning with their kills. There were several birds of varying sizes, fish, and even a boar of medium size being carried by two men. "Dah-Nee? Toru-Vey?" Livia exclaimed, running towards the men who were setting the boar on a nearby table. "Marashi! Marashi!" she yelled jumping into one of their arms, smiling greatly.

The man, Dah-Nee, stood about 6'3" and was full of muscle. He had short, dark hair and eyes a deep green. He looked confused at first, but as Livia jumped into his arms, he realized who she was. "Lee-Vee! You're back! Ah-Vee didn't tell us a thing! It's so good to see you!"

"I've missed you guys so much," she said as he set her down and she hugged the other man, Toru-Vey, as well. "I'm finally back. Where is Kee-Nah?"

"Ah. She'll be along. She's a bit slower now, but she insisted that me and Nee went ahead," Toru said, smiling shyly as behind him a woman called out.

"I wouldn't be this slow if you hadn't decided to get me pregnant!" Livia turned to see Kee-Nah, or Kee, walking towards them with a rounded stomach. She looked about six months along. The woman froze when she saw Livia. "Lee? Is that you?" Livia smiled and ran to Kee wrapping her arms around her.

"I can't believe you're pregnant! And you picked Toru as sakish? What on earth were you thinking?" Livia laughed as Toru pouted. She was so happy to see them all again, that for a moment, it felt like she never left.

"So why are you back? Not complaining, just curious. I thought you'd be old and grey by the time you decided to return to us," Kee said.

Livia looked up, and realized that their reunion was now being watched by the entire tribe. She looked at Ah-Vee who simply nodded as she walked to Kane and took his hand. "Me and my sakish, Tao-Vey, are having a child as well." The group swarmed them at once asking all kinds of questions while more cheers and music rang out. Everyone began discussing at once what to prepare and how excited they were to have two new members brought to the tribe by Livia. Everyone except for Dah-Nee. He stood, looking at Kane, not saying anything.

Kane only glanced at Dah-Nee before he began to answer their questions about him and where he was from. He held Livia's hand as they all talked, occasionally giving her light pecks on the cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.