Assassin V Assassin

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Livia nearly laughed out loud at his display. She walked over to him and pulled him to his feet and helped him walk the rest of the way. "Now, now. Let's not get too carried away," she said, guiding him to the bedroom again. Livia did a quick check of his vitals and then sat on the bed with him, holding his hand. "It's been two and a half hours. We're almost to the half way mark."

Kane laughed at nothing in particular, having a conversation with someone that didn't exist. He looked over at her and smiled brightly, "He's funny!" He laughed before his face contorted in pain.

Livia was so confused. Kane was having a full blown conversation with the air. Half of what he was saying was complete nonsense, but she was glad the hallucinations weren't getting violent. It gave her a bit of comfort.

His face twisted once again in agony and she tightened her grip on his hand. "I'm here. I'm right here," was the only thing she could think to say.

Kane began to scream in pain, looking at his chest, "They're cutting me open!" He screamed, taking off his shirt to look at his scars. However, in Kane's eyes, they were freshly made wounds, with blood pouring out of them.

Livia saw his terror and panic as she called out to him, "Kane! Calm down! It's not real, it's just the poison. I'm right here! It's me. It's Livia. No one's hurting you. I'm right here. I won't let them. Shhh!" She took his head in her lap and stroked his hair and began to sing him one of her tribe's lullabies. As she sang, he seemed to calm down and his voice fell silent. She continued to hold his hand tightly as he came down from this new wave of violent hallucinations.

Kane began to breath erratically, his heart monitor constantly giving off the warning blare. He stared up at her, his ice blue eyes staring up at her.

Livia had everything ready for the slight chance that he went into cardiac arrest. She didn't think he would, though. He was strong. He was so strong. "You can do this baby. I know you can." She gave him a kiss on his forehead and continued to sing. Livia stared into his eyes. His pupils were quite large now. His vision must have improved to nearly Livia's level now. It would drop after the poison worked its way through his body, but she was certain he was seeing even the smallest details at the moment.

Kane's eyes followed a speck of dust that flew above him, eying it with such interest. Once his body filtered out the poison, he quickly began to look around, everything blurry to him, "I-I cant see! I cant see!" He exclaimed, his hands trying to find her.

Livia grabbed his hands and put them to her face. "I'm right here. Right here. It's okay. Your eyes are just going back to normal now. They will readjust in a few minutes. Shh. It's okay. It's okay." Kane looked pale and frightened, so Livia laid down next to him and held him in her arms. "I'm not going anywhere. I promise. You should start to calm down now. The poison has started to work its way through your system. The pain will still be extreme, but the other side effects will being to wear off. Try and sleep."

Kane gave a pained smile as he held her tightly against his chest. He closed his eyes and press his forehead against hers, trying his best to fall asleep.

Kane had a few lingering hallucinations, but most of the psychosis had passed by nightfall. He was still in a severe amount of pain and there was nothing Livia could do for that. If she gave him pain medicines, it would interact with the poison. All she could do was hold him close as the hours passed.

When the pain seemed to recede, Livia allowed herself to sleep. She laid next to him and woke herself every hour to check on him. Soon, the sun was up and the third day was over. Livia let him continue to sleep while she showered and called down for breakfast. In a moment, room service was knocking on the door with her breakfast. She took a tray of food into the room where Kane lay.

"Good morning. It's breakfast time. You survived the third day. Congratulations," Livia handed the tray to him and sat down next to him. "You might still be a bit nauseous, but eat anyways. Your body needs to rebuild its strength."

Kane groaned when he saw the food, instantly feeling sick to his stomach, "I don't think I can eat anything... " He mumbled, closing his eyes, "Can't I just stay sleeping? I probably won't be able to eat for a few days..."

"Absolutely not. You have to eat. If you don't your body won't have the strength to fight off the toxic effects of the poison," Livia took a scoop of some purple looking fruit on a spoon and held it out for Kane to eat. "This is a special fruit from the Amazon. It will help you recover tremendously. It's sweet, try it."

Kane lifted his head and slowly ate the purple fruit. He chewed it slowly before swallowing, "You might think it's sweet..." He said, a look of disgust in his eyes.

Livia giggled. "Compared to the poison, it's sweet. Besides, it'll really help." She looked at the man before her. He had survived the conditioning perfectly. And since he was able to get through this, the rest of the training should be a breeze.

"It's definitely something..." He said, grabbing the spoon that was in her hands, beginning to eat breakfast himself. He slowly laughed, "I hope I wasn't to much of a burden..." He apologized, his eyes downcast.

Livia leaned over and kissed him softly. "Of course you were. I can't even add up all the trouble I've dealt with thanks to you," Livia grinned, and a look of mischief appeared on her face. "However, I plan on returning that trouble right back to you. So you better be ready." She bit her lower lip and continued, "Good luck keeping up with me, Mr. Assassin."

"I've done so for years, Livia... A little bit of your pixie dust won't stop me." He smirked at her, moving the the breakfast tray aside before her quickly pinned her to the bed, "And whatever you throw at me, won't amount to what I've seen..."

Livia took in a sharp breath as Kane pinned her to the bed. She looked up at him with her deep green eyes and licked her lips. "You may have seen a lot of things, but I plan on showing you a whole lot more," she smirked. "If you're feeling up to it, that is," Livia looked him over. She knew he had to still be in a great amount of pain. It was probably better if he rested and recovered before they continued.

He still had six more days on the leaves and then eighteen more days between the berries and the roots. "And we need to talk about when you want me to leave. I said in the beginning that I would stay for the first week and then let you do it on your own. Naturally, I'd come back for the third day of each cycle, but if you want, I can..." Livia didn't finish her sentence. She didn't want to be presumptuous and say that she would stay the whole time if he wanted. She was already quite happy, that she didn't want to press her luck.

"And what are those things that you will show me?" He pressed as he slowly inch closer to her neck, "Nothing is worse than what happened to me at the reservation..." He said quietly, whispering in her ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.