Assassin V Assassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Livia blushed at his suggestion. It's not like she didn't want to sleep with him. Honestly, she had thought of that possibility more than once. It was more that she was worried about not knowing what to do. She had lost herself earlier when she bit Zephyr's lip, but she was certain to be too nervous if they had ventured further.

She gave him another short, deep kiss. "I'll think about it," she blushed. Her phone alarm started going off, telling her to get ready for the party. Livia sighed as she stood up and climbed off the top of Zephyr. "I have to get ready now. It's going to take me a while to style my hair appropriately." As she looked at her hair in the mirror, she noticed how disheveled and erratic it had become. "It's a wreck," she laughed.

Zephyr sighed and pouted, watching her get ready as he shakily stood up. He looked down at the ground when he walked his way to the bed, falling down onto it with a sigh and closing his eyes.

As Livia got ready, she started going through the things she would have to do tonight. Greetings, mingling, maintaining a good relationship with certain VIPs, and enduring Luther's attempts at sending her on blind dates were all on the list. She hoped she could get through all of it quickly so she could return here with Zephyr. He looked like he was starting to feel the effects of the poison building up in his system.

Livia finished getting ready. She stepped out of the bathroom ready to go. Her dress, black, form-fitting satin with rhinestones lining the deep neckline, the low, open back, and the slit all the way up the thigh was complimented with her sparkling, emerald eyes, and long lashes. Her hair was curled in thick, loose curls pinned to cascade down over one shoulder. Her eyes were defined with black eyeliner, making them stand out even more and her lips were a dark red, making them look even more voluptuous. A slight blush was on her cheeks and she wore a pair of black high heels.

She walked over towards the bed where Zephyr was lying. Livia was a bit nervous as she asked him, "how do I look?"

"You look amazing." He mumbled sourly, looking over at her, "It's such a shame I won't see you in it." He said after facing away again, "I hope you have fun... Spirits know I won't." He mumbled into the pillow, closing his eyes.

Livia grinned. He was pouting, and it was adorable. "Not jealous, are we? You were the first person I showed, and I promise to be thinking of you the whole time I'm dancing with other men." It was a bit mean of her to tease him like this. She knew he wasn't feeling the best, but she couldn't help it. Livia really wanted to see his reaction to her words.

In all honesty, the only person she wanted to dress up like this for was him. And she certainly didn't want to dance with any other men. However, it was part of her job as the Mob's Princess. She had to dance with anyone who asked and act appropriately, even if the bastards got handsy. That's why she added the slit in her dress. It made it easier to 'accidentally' kick someone.

"You have fun with that." He growled loudly at her, "Just don't be surprised when I'm not here when you get back!" He snarled at her, throwing the blanket over his head and falling asleep. He breathed angrily in his sleep.

Livia was, well, livid. She only meant to tease him a bit to see if he would get jealous. Of course, she knew he was prone to having a temper. Still, she didn't see what was so wrong about what she said. The music from the roof was now audible, so Livia figured she needed to get going.

Livia huffed over to the counter and wrote a note for him, noticing that he had already fallen, or began to feign, sleep. Well, that was a bit of an overreaction, don't you think? I'll be back later. And if you miss a dose, you have to start your training all over, so you better be here when I get back. -Bella-

She hated how she had to leave in the middle of an argument. In fact, she planned to give him a kiss, or a couple, before she left. Now, she wanted to hit him. Livia headed upstairs to join the party that was now in full swing.

The first thing she did was meet all of the new clients and prospective clients. She made sure to oversee all of the wait staff and have a word with the orchestra conductor before going to meet with the current partners of her father. She started talking in depth about their trade deals and agreements while thinking to herself about Zephyr. She hoped he wouldn't really leave. He wasn't in a good condition and he really would have to start his training all over if he left. Of course, the real reason she wanted him to stay was because she was already missing him.

The night progressed and Livia kept meeting and mingling. Every new person offered her a drink and, thanks to propriety, she had to accept them. Livia was never much of a drinker. She could handle wine well, but liquor hit her system hard. It had to do with how fast it entered and retained in her blood stream. Alcohol was a type of poison and her body was trained to quickly absorb and retain all poisons. She had about an hour left and already she was feeling the alcohol.

She was thankful when it was time to dance because it meant that she didn't have to worry about drinking more. Livia danced with eight people. Most of them were her father's VIP clients, but the last one was a new prospective buyer. Naturally, he wasn't buying into the business side of her father's holdings, but more of the private protection side. Basically, he was considering hiring the mob to protect and back his own businesses. These clients were of great importance to Luther, and Livia knew it.

The man spun Livia around a few times and let his eyes travel all over her body. One would think he had no sense of dignity or tact in the way he drooled over her. It disgusted her, but she kept up appearances for her adoptive father's sake. Still, when his hand kept finding its way to her posterior, Livia was getting fed up. She gave him a few kicks and sharp looks, but he seemed to be oblivious. "Sir, I've noticed your hand keeps dropping. Are you perhaps tired of dancing? You should rest if your arms are losing their strength." She said, trying to be polite, but firm at the same time.

"Oh no, my dear," the man reached down and squeezed her ass tightly. "I have quite a bit of strength." By this point, Livia was done trying to be polite. She had pride and she wasn't the type of girl to just let any man touch her as he liked. Well, unless that man was Zephyr, but that was a different story. Livia took the man's hand and bent it backwards at the wrist. The man tried to move, but he was immobilized. He wriggled in pain, but didn't make a sound. Even he knew that making advances on a crime boss' daughter meant trouble.

"Interesting," Livia replied, "I have quite a bit of strength too. Thank you for the dance. I suggest you don't ask me again." Livia released the man and walked over to the bar. She was so infuriated that she ordered herself three shots of tequila, one of the few alcoholic beverages she enjoyed. She lined them up, salted her palm and shot all three in a row. She finished with the lime wedge and spit it out into the trash.

Livia almost instantly regretted her decision. The alcohol hit her system and her vision blurred. It was bad enough to have blurred vision with normal eyes, but since Livia's saw so well and her vision was very detailed, every little thing began to move and sway. Her mind went from thought to disconnected thought. Knowing she shouldn't stay any longer, she stopped by her father and told him goodbye and headed downstairs.

It was much more difficult to get her key into the door than before and she made quite the racket walking through it. She saw her note still lying on the counter and she remembered how angry she was with Zephyr. She threw her purse and shoes, which she had taken off in the elevator, on the couch and marched into the bedroom where he was sleeping. Livia wasn't sure on what she was about to do, but she was damn sure going to do it. "Get up Zeph! Get up!" Livia shook him and continued to shout, "Stand up! Now. Stand up!"

Livia waited until Zephyr got to his feet to continue. "What the hell was that all about?! I can't even tease you a little bit without you biting my head off? What the hell, Zeph?" Livia didn't mean to shout, but she couldn't control her voice very well. It's a good thing the penthouse was sound proof. "I may be a cold-blooded killer, but I'm still a girl, for fucks sake! Is it too much to ask that I know what you're thinking? Just once I'd like to fucking know what it is you think about me! Do you like me? Do you hate me? Am I just convenient, Zeph? Are you only with me to mess around? Are you using me for my poison? Do you even give a damn about me at all? Tell me! Say something!" It looked like Zephyr was about to say something, not that Livia could see straight, but she shouted anyways. "Don't interrupt me! How the hell am I supposed to believe that you care about me if you're willing to leave me over a little comment like earlier? Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to do this with you?! We have to make things work between us for work! We can't fight and then hate each other! We have to work together! You can't hate me! You're not allowed! Anyone can hate me except you! They can hate me as Belladonna or they can hate me as Livia! I don't care anymore! But you can't hate me! You can't hate me if I can't hate you! And I fucking can't, Zeph! Not anymore! You made damn sure of that didn't you! Being so fucking sexy, and heroic, and always fucking being there when I'm weak! Letting me fucking depend on you and making you do the dirty work when you have things harder than me! Why do you fucking do that! Why do you always save me? Protect me? Why do you make me fucking love you, Zephyr? It makes things so damn hard! Every time I try to run away from you, I end up running right back! I'm not supposed to care about people! I'm not supposed to trust people or let them get close! You don't poison people you love! That's what I am! Poison! Do you not get that?! And then you threaten to leave me because I have to go to this stupid fucking dance? It's not like I want to go! It's not like I want creepy guys touching me and grabbing my ass! But I have to keep up appearances! I have to train to be the new leader! But you're going to leave me if I do that?" Livia had hot, angry tears streaming down her face. "Why do the people I actually care about leave me? My parents, and now you! Do you not get how hard I'm trying to stop myself from loving you? If I lose you, what do I have left?! I shouldn't be fucking dependent on you, Zeph! I shouldn't feel attached to you! Poisons are supposed to be locked up, away from people's reach! Don't you know anything!"

Livia's voice was hoarse from the shouting and it kept cracking because of the tears. She was a mess, but she said everything she was thinking. She didn't even know she felt half of those things until they came out of her mouth. Still, she put everything on the table in front of Zephyr. "Say something!" Livia waited for his response.

The words she had yelled at him sent him near the brink of tears, but he wouldn't let that show. He took a shaky breath before opening his mouth to speak, "You try having only one person left in the world that cares about you! You have a life where you get everything you could ever want! My tribe tried to kill me! When you say those types of things, it makes me think you want to leave! And I don't want you to leave, Belladonna. I just get scared... I'm always scared. There! I admitted it! I'm nothing but scared!" Once he had admitted the words he always dreaded, the tears fell. He was supposed to be a strong, trained killer, now he was reduced to nothing but crying. He still stood up tall,however, wanting to keep some dignity.

Livia listened to his words intently. They made her sad, and they made her mad. She didn't know which emotion to act on, so she chose both. Or rather, the alcohol chose. "You think I don't know what it's like to have no one? The only person who sees me like this, crazy, wild, unrefined, and pissed off, is you! Do you really think I get everything I want because I'm rich? Are you kidding me? The only thing I want is you, you idiot!" Livia took a deep breath. "I don't want to leave! I want you to hold me and make the bad dreams go away! And I want to do that for you too! I don't want to be the daughter of a mob boss! I don't want to live my life haunted by my parents death, but I will!"Livia didn't even care if he found out about her other life anymore.

"I will do all that and more if it means I get to stay close to you! If it means that maybe you'll come to love me like I love you! You think you're the only one scared? I'm terrified! I'm scared that I'm going to wake up and you're not going to be here! That you're going to get sick of me or get killed because of me! How am I supposed to live with myself if I destroy the one thing I need in this world? If I become another source of pain for you? If you end up hating me?" Livia's eyes burned with the tears. "I can't lose you. You can't hate me! You can't. Because I love you!" she screamed.

"I'm tired of this arguing!" He said, grabbing her and pulling her into a kiss, making them both shut up. His tears still fell onto her face as he kissed her passionately, "I wouldn't leave you for the world!" He muttered against her lips.

As their tongues and tears mixed together, Livia melted. She didn't even remember why she was mad anymore and it didn't matter. All that mattered was the man holding her in his arms.

Livia pulled her mouth off of his and put her hands on his chest. She shoved him backwards, making him fall on the bed. She crawled on top of him, her right thigh visible from the high slit in the dress, and kissed him deeply. Her eyes sparked and showed a strong image of need. The alcohol was making all of her hidden desires come to the top and Livia liked it.

Zephyr just smiled up at her, his eyes reflecting her need. He put his hands on her thighs, lightly tracing the skin. He put his free hand on the back of her head and pulled her into another kiss.

Livia's body was tingling. She let out a soft moan as he touched her thigh. Every second of contact left her body hotter than before. Her heart sped up as she took her hands and reached under his shirt. Her fingers trailed over the scars as she lifted his shirt off and threw it behind her. Livia bent down and began to kiss his chest. She pressed her velvet lips to each cut and burn mark. As if she were willing them to go away. As she did this, she continued press down on his body with hers. Her breasts pushed against his lower abdomen as she took breath after breath and her hands trailed along his arms.

Zephyr let out hot breaths, closing his eyes at the feeling he gave her. He slowly moved against, the day he dreamt of was finally coming to him. He continued to trail his hands along the exposed skin, his fingers light to the touch.

(Timeskip?)

The next morning, Livia woke up beside Zephyr. Her head was pounding from the alcohol, but her body felt light. Despite being drunk, she remembered everything. The night they spent together, and the conversation they had prior.

As Livia replayed it in her mind something jumped out at her. She had told Zephyr not only that her real name is Livia, but also that her father was a mob boss. She panicked a bit wondering what he would say when he woke.

Zephyr slowly woke up after her, smiling and giving her a kiss on the lips, "Morning sweetheart... " He mumbled against the velvety skin. He slowly pulled away and grinned at her, "That was a fun night, wasn't it?"

Livia smiled. "That it was, and I'm sorry for going off on you last night. I said a lot of things, didn't I?" She hugged her knees.

"You did. But I don't ask questions... You said a bit of personal life, and to make it Fair, do you want me to tell you anything?" He asked her, trailing his hand across her body.

Livia thought about it for a moment, feeling his touch. "Well, I think I told you pretty much all of my big secrets last night. And I don't really want to ask you anything that makes you uncomfortable... what about your name? Is it really Zephyr, or is that just an alias?"

Kane smiled, "Between us... Nothing makes me uncomfortable now... " He whispered thinking over her question, "My real name is Kane. Kane Soto..." He said to her lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.