Assassin V Assassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belladonna's face turned red at his comment. "It was nothing really," she was mentally scolding herself when he asked about the poison. She gave him a puzzled look, "Well, I don't know about quickly, but if you had the proper instruction and were training around the clock with someone knowledgeable, you could theoretically reduce a poisons effectiveness on you in about a month. Depending on the dosage, mind you. If they give you enough to kill an elephant, your body will still suffer. It's something you have to train to resist. And seriously, make sure the person is an expert. Otherwise, you'll end up dead."

Livia looked at him with curiosity, "What omen did you see that would make you ask such a question?" She wasn't sure if he would answer her. Livia assumed that most people didn't believe in omens, but her tribe held similar beliefs, so it wasn't unfamiliar to her.

"That's not important what I saw..." He brushed off the question, his eyes closing as he remembered what he had saw. He had seen a flock of crows moving north, in the winter of all things! After a few moments of thinking, he looked back up at her and bit his lip slightly, "You think you can give me a months worth of poisons? You can either just tell me how much I need of the poison each day, or you can already put them in their respective amounts for each day... It doesn't matter which, I just need to get prepared." He quickly said, looking up at the dark sky, sending a quick mental prayer to the spirit of the night to watch over him.

Livia looked at Zephyr like he had just spoken in Shawnee. "What did you say? Are you serious! No way! I don't care how skilled you are, you can't poison yourself gradually and expect things to be fine. Besides, each body reacts differently to the poisons. There's no telling how much to start you out with until we do a trial run." Livia shook her head. He was insane. Literally insane. However, she knew he wouldn't have asked her unless it was important.

She thought for a moment, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll help you out. Don't get too excited though, I'm not going to just give you the poison. We'll have to meet up somewhere and I'll teach you the routine and what to do. Fair warning, I'm going to be staying with you for the first week of it. I'm not going to have you die because something went wrong. I'll pay for a hotel room or something for us to use for the month. But you have to be serious about this and listen to what I say. After the first week, I'll let you do it on your own, but I'll be checking in on you from time to time and I'll bring you fresh batches of poison. That stuff has a shelf life."

Livia knew the hotel would be easily taken care of. Her father owned so many of them and she had a penthouse suite in every one. She would just tell her father she'd be staying there for a month because of work. It technically wasn't a lie. She'd have to be very careful with her calculations, but she preferred it this way to letting him do it on his own. "Sound good? Plus, this way we keep our private lives out of it."

Zephyr nodded quickly, "Of course I'll be careful!" He said before he thought, "Are you sure you don't want me to buy a hotel?" He questioned her, "Even if the omen was not meant for me... I would still get something out of it, right?" He stated. He then had a flashback to his tribal life, where he was tortured to admit he had murdered the chief, but he couldn't betray his leader! He endured five days and five nights of being stabbed, burned, cut , poisoned.

It was then his eyes fluttered closed as he passed out. He had done on her only one time before this, and that was years ago. His body fell down to the ground, limp, at least... limp for the most part. Zephyr had began to convulse and thrash around wildly, his body now mimicking the movements he had done in the past.

"I'm fine with paying. I have connections that will let us stay for free anyways," Livia smirked. She couldn't imagine what they would do during their stay together, but she got a little excited thinking about it. She might just learn more about him.

When she turned back around to face Zephyr, he was convulsing on the ground. Livia remembered this happening once before. She did what she could in this situation. She knelt down beside his body and tried to hold him still. She began to sing a tribal song to calm him as she reached into her thigh pocket. She pulled out a vial of blue liquid and poured it into his mouth. It was a sedative of sorts and it set the mind into a deep sleep. It works on both the body and the mind, sending a person into a dreamless state of unconsciousness.

Livia continued to sing as Zephyr's body calmed and became still. Her voice trailed off as she reached for her phone. "It's me, Livia. Send a car to my location." In a moments time, a car pulled up and two large men got out. "Put him in the back seat and take us to the Debonair Hotel. We'll be staying there for the night."

"Miss! Your father would kill us if he knew we took you to a hotel with a man." The gang member said to her.

"Then I guess you shouldn't tell him? Do it now, or I'll remove you both from your post." Being a spoiled princess had its perks. You could order anyone around with one word. The men carefully loaded Zephyr's limp body into the car and took them to the hotel. Upstairs, Livia let Zeph sleep off the effects in the master bed. She set a glass of water by the bed. He would be thirsty when he wakes up.

The last time this happened, Livia panicked. She didn't have a simple sedative with her back then, but she started carrying one with her ever since. It was strange for Livia to be looking down at Zeph like this. He was so defenseless, so open and innocent in his sleep. She was able to observe his body more closely now. She saw the scars and burn marks from his past. Livia always noticed them, but she didn't want to ask. If she asked about him, he was likely to ask about her. And that was dangerous in their field of work. Still, she couldn't help but reach out and trace along one of the cuts down his chest. She had asked her father's henchmen to change him into pajamas so they dressed him in a pair of silk bottoms and left him topless. Livia continued to trace his scars as his chest heaved with each breath. He began mumbling something and Livia jumped. She decided to get up before he woke up to ask her what she was doing. At least now, they had the hotel room figured out for his poison training. Now, all she had to do was bring the supplies over and they could get started.

After a few moments, Zephyr sat up with a jolt, screaming in Shawnee. He looked around the room, reaching for his knife the was around his hip, but only yelled louder when he found nothing but silk lowers on him. Zephyr clenched his hands into fists before he noticed Belladonna.

He slowly calmed down as he studied his surroundings more closely. He put his fists down and talked to her in his native tongue, covering up his chest so she couldn't see the scars. People could do a bit of research and learn what those scars meant, and he didn't want anyone to know about his past.

Livia had no idea what he was saying, but she could speculate. "Don't worry. Your tools and clothes are in the bathroom. I wanted to send them for washing, but I thought it'd be better if I waited for your permission. This is where we'll be staying for the poison training." She noticed his attempts to hide his chest. "Relax. I won't ask about you if you don't ask about me. Just... be yourself. We'll be together too long to pretend otherwise." She crossed the room and looked over at him. "Water, it helps. And since you're awake already, I'd say this isn't your body's first time dealing with poison. So training should go smoothly."

Livia looked over at him. Tomorrow was her first day of the week she would spend with him. She called her father to let him know vaguely what was going on and she asked the Hotel to refer to her simply as Miss. She didn't need Zephyr finding out about her other identity. "It's late. We should sleep. You can rest here, I'll go out on the couch," she said.

"No, it isn't. " He said sternly to her, a slight growl in his voice. He hoped silently that she wouldn't ask him about his past, but is she did, he made up a story quickly in his head.

Livia turned out all the lights in the penthouse to let Zephyr rest and made her way to the bathroom. She got undressed and got into the shower. She let the hot water run for a bit before standing under the stream. As she bathed, she wondered what it would be like to have her body covered with scars. Sure, she had the occasional injury, but she only had two scars on her body.

One on her knee from falling down a flight of steps when she first got to America, and the other scar was five inches across her abdomen. It was from her first hunt within the tribe. In order to prove you're a capable member, you needed to show that you could hunt on your own and help defend the other's. She took her test on her twelfth birthday. Livia managed to hunt small game and even take down a boar on her own, but the boar got her with one of its tusks as it was going down. Her scars were nothing special, but she could tell that Zephyr had a story behind his. And whatever that story was, it was painful. Maybe it was related to the episode he just had. Livia was curious, but she wasn't about to ask him. That would only make things complicated, and she doubted he would tell her the truth. She considered doing some research on him. At the very least, it wouldn't hurt to learn more about his culture. It could help her understand him just a little bit more.

She got out of the shower and dried off. Normally, she would sleep in a tank top and panties, but she wasn't normally sharing a room. In fact, Livia had never spent the night with a man before, unless you count her days in the village. Some nights, everyone would pile in a hut and wait out the storms and squalls together, but that was it. Her time now was completely taken with her work and her duties as a socialite, so she had no time left over for men. Still, she knew this was work, and it didn't actually count as spending the night with a man.

Livia dressed in a pair of silk shorts and a silk tank top. She wore her robe over top just in case, but didn't bother tying it. Zephyr was probably sleeping anyways. She went out with her hair pulled up and wet, and made her way to the couch to sleep. She only hoped she didn't have nightmares and disturb Zeph's sleep.

Zephyr was already asleep again, catching up on the endless nights he had without sleeping. His dreams were ravaged by the endless nightmares that came to him, the real reason he didn't sleep.

Zephyr dreamt of the ones he killed haunting him, the lifeless bodies coming back to life as they began to crowd around him. He fought back against him, but his efforts were futile. In his dream he had lost most of his limbs, fighting on his back to the best ability he could muster.

Livia gasped for air and sat straight up. Another dream. She got up, let her hair down, and made herself a drink. After a few moments, she heard noises coming from the bedroom so she went to check on Zephyr. Livia peered into the room and saw Zephyr tossing and turning. She stood over his bed and watched with concern as his face contorted in pain. He began to cry out in pain. That's when Livia walked over and sat next to him. She held his hand as he squeezed it, hard. Whatever he was dreaming about, it was obviously something terrible. He cried out again in Shawnee and started thrashing about. Livia couldn't stand seeing him like that anymore, so she shook him gently. "Zeph, hey. Wake up. Are you alright?" She didn't want to startle him, but she was worried that the sleeping was doing more harm than good.

Zephyr quickly sat up, looking around the room once more. He didn't make any movements to cover his chest anymore, to scared to be bothered with something like that. He looked over at her and mumbled, "They came back..." And that's all he told her, rolling onto his side to face away from her. Along his back, there was the same word burned onto his skin... Traitor

Livia could see the fear in his eyes when he said that. It was an emotion she was quite familiar seeing in herself. She couldn't change his past, and she couldn't keep him from having nightmares without drugging him. The only thing she could do was stay by his side as he slept. She sat in the bed with him until she herself had fallen asleep. She didn't wake until morning when the images started flooding her mind once more. It was odd, the similarities that she and Zephyr shared. She woke up in a panic to find that she was lying in bed, next to Zeph, being watched. "Uh, good morning..." she trailed off, her face taking on a redder tinge. She wondered how long he'd been staring at her.

Zephyr raised his left hand, "How." He mumbled sitting up and stretching, the muscles on his back becoming more defined. The burned scars of the word made another appearance, his entire back riddled with the word. He looked down at his body, his fingers trailing the scars along the front of his body.

Livia studied the word one more. It wasn't english, but she committed it to memory so she could look it up later. She almost reached out to trace it again before stopping herself and getting out of the bed. "Please, rest a bit more. I'm going to run out and get the materials for the training. I'll be back in half an hour. No one will bother you here, and you can go ahead and order room service."

"My training has only just begun." He said before he had gotten out of bed. Zephyr spent his days training if he wasn't going to do anything, so he just laid on the ground and and began to do sit-ups.

He acted as if she wasn't there as he worked out, putting a mental barrier between them. He closed his eyes as he did so, not caring if she watched him, but he didn't want to get distracted by her.

Livia watched and lost herself for a moment again. There was something about Zephyr that made her lose focus. And she wasn't about to let that continue. "Try not to overdo it. You still have that sedative running through your body from last night. If you start to feel strange," Livia scribbled on a piece of paper, "call me. You never know what kind of reaction you could have to it. Well, I'm off," she said before departing.

Livia left the hotel and headed to her house. She went to the basement and into the greenhouse. There, she carefully selected about a week's worth of poison from the belladonna plant. She would start training him with a light poison made from the leaves, and gradually move him up to the berries and finally, the roots, which were the most toxic part of the plant. He would spend almost two weeks on the leaves. If this were a normal belladonna plant, it wouldn't be quite so long, but this was her specially grown plant. She's nurtured this plant into being five times more toxic than any of the wild growing plants. In normal belladonna, three berries would kill a full sized man. In this plant, it only took the juice from one.

She harvested a few leaves and took them to her prep room. There, Livia dried them and ground them into a very fine powder. This was the powder she sniffed on missions to enhance her sight. Half of the powder went into her vial for her personal use, and the other half into ten pre-measured doses, for Zephyr. Each one had a bit more than the first and in the beginning dose, it looked like a pinch of brown salt. Still, that pinch was going to wreck havoc on his body. She packed up her things and then headed to her father's intelligence room.

Mobs didn't actually run like they show on T.V. If they did, they would be caught and charged in a matter of minutes. No, mobs were smart. They had men planning and carrying out their tasks carefully. The people knew who was in charge and running things, but there was nothing they could do legally. Which is why crime was so wide spread through Kardanthia. It was a city filled with scheming criminals and corrupt politicians.

When she entered the room, the men stood to attention. It was a sign of respect, but Livia hated it. She walked over to the man in charge and told him she needed some information on the Shawnee looked up. She wrote down the word and handed it to him. "Call me when you figure out what it means. And I also want some general knowledge of the tribe's reservation. Go over info on the last fifteen years. I want to know if you find anything interesting."

Back at the hotel, Livia reminded herself that she was now Belladonna. An assassin that needed to focus on training this man's body against poisons. Of course, little to his knowledge, she had already done so the night before. Her body itself was slightly a poison. Not surprising, considering the amount of various things she ingested on a daily basis. It was in her sweat, bodily fluids, and even her natural scent. It probably wouldn't be enough to kill anyone, but if someone was too exposed, for prolonged periods of time, they would probably pass out. Still, technically, Zephyr's body has already had exposure to the belladonna poison, just from doing missions. And her close contact with him last night, was just more exposure. She would try to be as physically close to him as she could be for the next week. Physically, but not emotionally. She had already gotten too close to him for her own comfort.

At the front desk, she checked to make sure there had been no problems. The clerk addressed her as Miss Livia Jones, which caused Livia to nearly tear his head off. "It's just Miss for the next month. Don't mistake that or it could mean your job!" she huffed. "I'll be having a guest tonight, a tailor. He is to be shown to my room and then shown out immediately following our meeting. Have a staff member stand by in the private elevator to await his arrival and departure." Livia headed upstairs to meet Zephyr.

She walked in and heard the shower running so she went to the bedroom to change her clothes. This was, after all, one of her private suites, so she had her high end clothes in the drawers and closet. She stripped down to her underwear and started rummaging through her drawers. Her mind was focused on what to wear, so she didn't even notice when the shower was turned off.

Zephyr stepped out of the shower and went straight to the toilet. He bent overy and threw up, the mixture of his exercise and the sedative making him sick to his stomach.

He sank down to his knees as he coughed heavily. Zephyr let out a loud groan before he got up again and slowly opened the door. Once he saw Belladonna just in her underwear, he gawked at her for a moment before he quietly shut the door back, faking the rest of his coughs.

Belladonna had just pulled out a form fitting, cotton T-shirt and designer jeans when Zephyr's coughing alerted her to his presence. "Ah! Just a minute! I'm getting dressed!" she yelled over her shoulder. That was close, she thought, pulling on her clothes. When he came out of the bathroom, he looked a bit pale. Of course, that was to be expected. He had just spent the night in the same bed as her.

Livia went to the other side of the room and put her leather duffel bag on the counter. From it, she pulled out something that looked like a wrist watch. "This is your heart rate monitor. Sorry, but you're gonna have to wear it while we do this. It's connected to my phone and it will alert me if your pulse drops too low, or if it become erratic. Just a precaution." Next, she pulled out a notebook. It was full of observations about poisons and the conditions each poison caused. Livia handed the notebook to Zephyr and told him to read up. "Each poison causes different things to happen to your body. Some symptoms overlap, but if you observe all of them, you'll have a pretty good idea of what you've been given. There's also information about their antidotes in there. It's filled with years of my research and research from top scientists, so treat it carefully."

That notebook had been her most prized possession. It had not only her notes, but also notes from her parents. Naturally, this was just a copy, but it still held value to her. "Some plants and poisons have little to no symptoms, so you have to be careful with those. Like that sedative last night. It gives off a slight headache and obviously knocks you out, but that's all." Livia regretted saying that as soon as the words left her mouth. She didn't really have the chance to tell him that her body was a poison, so by being close to her last night, he was likely to experience some side effects. Maybe he wouldn't notice?

"Uhm-" she continued, "the poison I'm going to train you on is obviously belladonna. Symptoms include nausea, headache, sweats, dizziness, changes in vision, rapid heart rate, hallucinations, and delirium. It will ultimately cause severe arrhythmia and heart failure. That's from a small dosage of the regular breed. However, this poison is from my cultivated belladonna plant. It's stronger and more potent than natural belladonna, so it'll take less to get you trained. Don't worry though. Once your body learns to filter this out, it will be able to filter pretty much any poison from your body. Well, except snake venom, but I'm sure with your background, you know how to suck that out of your body. And if not, I do have some anti-venom that works against it. I can always give you some of that." Livia looked up to see if all of this was sinking in.

Zephyr stared blankly at her before nodding, taking his time to gather the information. He smiled when she mentioned snake venom, showing her the many snake bites he has gathered over the years, "I think I'm a bit immune..."

Status
Not open for further replies.