Assassin V Assassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Livia nearly died as he said that. "You're not the only one addicted," she smirked back. She felt so light, so blissful. It was a bit strange. Tonight was her first kiss. Her first deep kiss, and it was the first time she ever knew she could feel so much for another. Her eyes danced across him. He looked happy, as well. And if that were true, she was glad.

Looking over his features once more, Livia saw that he was exhausted. "It looks like it's starting to take it's toll on you. We should sleep. It will help your body begin to combat the effects." Livia stood to get out of the bed, not that she wanted to. But she worried he would have a hard time if she laid next to him. "I can go on the couch, so you can rest better."

"That wouldn't make me rest better..." He mumbled, tiredly grabbing her hand and pulling her back to his chest, putting her in a hold that kept her against his chest tightly. Zephyr closed his eyes and buried his face into her neck, going to sleep with a smile on his face.

Livia smiled as Zephyr pulled her back. He nuzzled her so close, but she wanted to be closer. She wrapped her arms around his head as he breathed in her neck. He was spoiled, smug, rash, reckless, and he acted like a child. However, it was all those things and more that Livia was deeply attracted to.

Morning came and Livia woke up first. She checked on Zephyr, who was still holding her, and wriggled free of his grasp. As she drank her coffee and read the paper, she replayed last night's incident. She had been foolish and let her emotions take hold of her. Today had to be different. It had to be. She had the party on the roof and it wasn't like she could bring Zephyr to the event. She needed to get distance between them again. For his protection, and her own.

Livia wrote a note for Zephyr, saying that she would be back and she laid out today's portion of belladonna. 'Here is today's dose. I will be back soon. Just going to get a few things. REST AFTER YOU TAKE IT, FOR 15 MINUTES! It will be harder on you than yesterday's.. and you already got extra last night.' Her note sounded a bit more promiscuous than what actually happened, but it was true. She checked on him one last time before leaving to get a few things from her house.

When she returned to the hotel, she found her new dress waiting inside the room for her. A confused look crossed her face. How did it get there? Ralphie said he would bring it, but if she wasn't there to let him in... Zephyr! Livia crossed into the bedroom where Zephyr was. "Hey. Did my tailor stop by? I saw the dress. Did he say anything?" Livia was panicking a bit. Ralphie was a sweetheart, but he tended to be forgetful. It was very possible that he came in and chatted with Zephyr about her. In fact, it was most likely the case. What could he have told Zephyr? Did he mention that her real name was Livia Jones, or that her father was a Mob boss and one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in Kardanthia?

Her head was swimming with thoughts as she paled at the possibilities. She sat down and waited anxiously for his reply. "What did he tell you?"

"All he did was talk about how I should be treating you right... I think he got the wrong idea..." He said shyly,getting up and walking up to her,stumbling at first,but he fixed it. He quickly wrapped his arms around her as he kissed her deeply, "And that you were going to some party, but I won't ask about personal stuff..."

Livia had almost convinced herself that last night was a dream, but Zephyr's kiss chased that notion out of her head completely. Still, she saw him stumble and knew he had to be feeling the effects of the poison by now. It wouldn't have been so evident in someone as trained as Zephyr if he hadn't spent the night breathing in her toxic scent. "You really should stop kissing me. It's only going to make things harder for you. And tomorrow is the third day. You'll be lucky to be able to move then." Livia grimaced when she thought of how much he would be hurting tomorrow. It worried her that the hallucinations would start shortly after he took his third dose. She didn't know what she would do if he started screaming.

"Yeah. It's actually on the roof of the hotel, so if you need me, I can be back here in a split second," she smiled. Livia was thankful that Ralphie didn't tell Zephyr too much. Not that she would know if he did, but she didn't think Zephyr was lying.

Her conscious weighed heavily on her as she thought about how she knew of Zephyr's past, but he didn't know of hers. It wasn't fair to him. And that hurt her pride. "There are somethings I can't tell you, for obvious reasons. But, I can tell you about why I have a problem mangling corpses. It is relevant to our jobs after all." Livia looked up at him and then back down to her fingers as she fumbled with the hem of her shirt. "My parents. They were entomologists. They studied insects in the Amazon Jungle and we lived in a small village there. When I was three, a jaguar snuck into the outer edge of the village and attacked both of my parents, ripping them to shreds. From across the tribe, I could hear the growls and screams of my parents. I could hear the sounds of their flesh being torn open." Images flashed in Livia's mind again of their bodies. A blank stare overtook her face as her mind relived the trauma. She continued without blinking, "the villagers tried to hold me back, but I pushed past them and saw the bodies. I was only three, but it's not something a girl forgets."

Livia noticed her hands begin to tremble as she shook her head to chase away the images. "I was raised by the tribe after that. When I was fourteen, a man came through the village and brought me back here with him. I was already a poisonous girl by then, but he trained me and helped turn me into an assassin. That's how I became me. And that's why I freeze up and scream in the middle of the night." Livia didn't know where to look after that. So she resigned herself to look down at her hands as they shook.

"But That's not you... That's Belladonna. And I know for a fact that party is not for Belladonna. " He said as he slowly stroked the sidea of her head. Zephyr took a deep breath before he sighed, "I can't live like this when we don't know that much about each other... Do whatever you want to with this information. But you don't like me for who I really am... A traitor." He sighed Once again, "And I have a problem mangling the bodies, I was mangled myself. But I lived to tell the tale..."

Livia felt the warmth of his hand. It comforted her that he saw her as more than just the assassin and she was glad that he wanted to open up. She wanted to as well, but she was still hesitant. Besides, she needed to tell him something first. Livia needed to come clean.

"I know this is crossing the line, but I researched a bit about the Shawnee. I'm sorry, I know it was wrong." Livia paused, reflecting heavily on the breech of privacy she committed. "I was curious about that word, so I looked it up and found the meaning. I also looked up about the incident, but I only got the basic details. Still, I don't think you did it. I know you're not that kind of person."

Livia didn't want to make eye contact with him. She felt ashamed of her actions. Before, if she had to sneak around to get information, it didn't bother her. In this case, it bothered her tremendously. In this case, the person she had to sneak around was Zephyr. And it killed her knowing that she broke their trust.

Livia continued, "And even if you did betray your tribe, that doesn't change things for me. Because I know you would never betray me. I trust you completely, and that scares me. My instincts tell me to run and make more distance between us, but for some reason I can't. I want to know more about you. About your life. But at the same time, I'm scared that things will get strained between us. I don't want you to hate me."

She gazed up to look at his face. Livia wanted to know how much she had hurt him by going behind his back to research him. She wanted to know how close he wanted to be. She wanted to know if he was feeling as much for her as she was for him.

Zephyr let out a sigh, "That's fine... I knwere you would've done that, but I don't care... I guess That's what I get." He looked at her apologeticly, "You know that I wouldn't betray you... We're partners... and even more now. I just wish we could both get out of this line of work and just run off together..."

Livia thought about what it would be like to run away with Zephyr. She entertained the idea before chasing it out of her mind. "Stop kidding. I'm a walking poison and this is the only thing I'm good at. Besides, I can't just up and leave. I have responsibilities now. Things aren't that simple." Still, the idea of running off to live happily with Zephyr sounded so good.

The afternoon came and went and soon it was early evening. Livia went into the bathroom and took a bubble bath as she replayed the events of yesterday and today. It was strange. Last week she couldn't have even imagined her and Zephyr would have been so close. If she was honest with herself, she would have noticed much sooner that she was developing a strong attraction for her partner in crime. Livia sat in the suds, with a smile on her face, while she once again remembered the way his lips felt on hers.

Zephyr sighed and shook his head, "That's fine... I just guess I was too stupid to let that slip out of my mouth!" He scolded himself in the other room, hitting himself in the head repeatedly. He let out a groan as he fell flat on the bed, letting out a few quiet cries of loneliness.

Livia relaxed in the tub. She laid her head on the edge of the tub and lost herself into the happiness Zephyr gave her. It was like a dream for her to feel this close to someone. Livia kept going over the possibilities in her mind until she drifted off. It had been a long time until she was able to get proper sleep and she had been in the tub for quite a long time.

Her dreams began sweet and kind. Just her and Zephyr walking along a country road, talking and laughing. It was wonderful. They took a walk through the woods, but the woods started to get thicker. Soon they were separated and Livia was searching desperately for Zephyr. She went running through the woods screaming his name. Then, she heard the growling of the jaguar. She ran in the direction of the growling and she saw the creature standing over its kill. The kill wasn't just her parents this time, it was Zephyr as well. "Zephyr! Mom! Dad! No!"

Livia started toward the jaguar and began to fight with it. The creature was strong, stronger than a normal jaguar. It fought her and pinned her down. The paw of the jaguar was on her throat, cutting off her air supply. If Livia was awake, she would have known that the reason she couldn't breathe was because her head had slipped under water. Unfortunately, she continued to fight and gasp for air in her dream state, unaware that she was coming closer to death. And the time continued to pass back in the real world.

Zephyr heard splashing around in the bathroom and decided to investigate. He opened the door slowly to look inside. Once he had seen her head under the water he went into full panic mode. Zephyr quickly went to the tub and pulled her out of the water, trying to get the water out of her system.

Livia felt pressure on her chest from within her dream. The jaguar had removed itself from on top of her and disappeared back into the woods. As the image disappeared, Livia continued to feel the pressure on her chest. It was coming in pulses. The repetitive compressions instigated a coughing fit as Livia returned to consciousness.

Her eyes started to focus and the sight of Zephyr calmed her panic. He looked so scared. She didn't know why until she started coughing up more water. It was only then that Livia looked over and realized that she had fallen asleep in the tub. Zephyr must have found her and pulled her out and onto the floor. He was still looking down at her with a frightened expression on his face. "Hi," Livia didn't really know what else to say as she lay there staring at him.

"Has anyone ever told you not to fall asleep in the bathtub?" He said quickly, looking away from her naked body. A light blush came washing over his face as he remembered all the details of her body, his mouth slightly open.

Livia rolled her eyes at his comment, "sorry, I was thinking about something and it just relaxed me into a sleep. Thanks for saving me." Technically, it's your fault is what she was thinking, but she wouldn't say that out loud.

She peeked up at him and noticed that he was no longer looking at her and his face had taken a slightly redder shade. Livia wondered why as she sat up and gazed upon her still naked body. She froze for a moment thinking that logically, she would of course be naked. She was just in the bath, after all. And then it occurred to her that following that logic, Zephyr would have seen her body. And since she was now out of the tub and had CPR preformed, it meant he had touched her body.

Livia's face turned dark red as her mind caught up to the situation. "Ah! Sorry! Just a second," she stood quickly and threw on her terry cloth bathrobe in a second. However, standing up so quickly, led to her losing her balance and becoming dizzy. Livia had barely managed to pull her robe shut before she fell, knocking Zephyr backwards onto the floor and landing on top of him. They were now face to face and both of their faces were colored with a deep blush. "I- Uh- um-," Livia didn't know what to do. She was stammering and stuttering like an idiot and for some reason, she didn't even think to get up.

Zephyr quickly wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a passionate kiss. He put one of his hands on the back of her head. He closed his eyes as he began to taste her tongue, taking in her sweet poison.

Livia's mind went blank. Her body started tingling and her stomach filled with butterflies. She closed her eyes and felt all of Zephyr's passion as their tongues swirled together. She pressed her body close against his. Her chest pressed against his as she ran her hands up from his abdomen to his shoulders before wrapping them around his neck. Despite coming out of the bath and being on the cold floor, Livia's body was heating up.

Her heart began to race and her head spun in euphoria as she continued to mesh her body with his. Her hips pressed firmly against his and she kissed him even deeper than before as her body rose and fell with every breath. Livia lost herself in the deep need she was feeling for Zephyr as she bit on his lower lip.

After a few moments, Zephyr pulled away. He sighed happily and studied every inch of her body that he could see. He put a hand on her cheek and stroked it with his thumb, making happy noises of pleasure.

Livia's lips separated from Zephyr's as he looked at her. She could feel that her robe had come loose a bit and her cleavage was showing greatly, but she was so dazed that it didn't bother her. As Livia gazed into his eyes, she felt herself overcome with emotion. This man had the power to get her so frazzled, so worked up, it was ridiculous. Each time she thought about pushing him away, he would reel her in closer.

Livia put her forehead against Zephyr's, giving him another soft kiss while doing so. His arms were strong and warm. And there was such a gentleness in the way he brushed her cheek. It made her heart go weak. "You saved me again. I don't know how I'm ever going to pay you back," she whispered. Her mouth was so close to his that she gave him another feathery kiss.

"You don't have to if you don't want to... if you do... well... give it some thought..." He whispered to her, planting light, loving kisses all over her face. Zephyr continued to let out sighs of happiness as he did so.

Status
Not open for further replies.