As If Normal Were Possible IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayaka grinned at what Jason then sat back in her desk normaly "Wow that sounds great" she said then looked up as their teacher arrived " I would love to be part of it" she added her eyes sparkeling, feeling pretty excited get get interviewed for the first time. Soon enough the teacher began her lecture, Mayaka managed to stay awake for about the first 15 minutes because she was feeling pretty excited. But after the quarter of an hour was up, she completely passed out face down on her desk.

Mika blew a bubble with her gum, and though she was expecting it to pop, there was still the element of surprise when it actually happened. She didn't chew sugar-free gum, no, she preferred the name brand double bubble bubblegum that could be turned into big, pink bubbles that popped in your face and got in your hair. This, however, was not appreciated in school and the teacher shot a look her way that made the Jorogumo rethink her bubblegum-fueled decision to blow one in the first place. The class itself didn't seem as if it'd be too difficult, but not much in the way of schoolwork was being done on the first day of school. It didn't seem anyone was paying attention to the teacher - there was a girl drawing, a boy reading, and another girl who looked like she was a few seconds away from drooling on the desk. The boy with the camera was mildly interesting -- why did he have a camera? Newspaper, maybe, or yearbook.

Looking closer at the other students, she noticed that quite a few in the class were supernatural or otherwise non-human. An interesting occurrence, that they mostly seemed to be placed in the same class. She tapped the shoulder of the boy without his face in a book.

"Why'd they put all the non-humans in the same class?"

Serenity read the title of the book the boy next to her was reading and it looked interesting. She wanted to ask him what it was about but she didn't wish to intrude upon his reading so she turned back to her notebook and began to scribble in it, only stopping to take a drink from her opened water bottle. She ignored the teacher for the most part, as none of what they were saying made much sense to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leone sat down in one of the office chairs as the meeting began. They were discussing the budget for the sports teams in the fall, which made Leone silently question why he was forced to waste his time with this gathering of brilliance. A stout, bald headed human was talking about cutting the budgets of several elective classes, as well as the Magical Arts budget. "Excuse me, but I haven't received any of the matierials I requested upon confirmation that this class was to be offered. Cutting the budget for my class would only enable us to purchase four textbooks." He wore a mildly alarmed expression on his face. His words fell upon deaf ears. "Excuse me!" He growled, gaining the attention of everyone at the table. He cleared his throat in order to rid himself of his growling voice, and returned to a normal tone. "If you cut the budget, there would be enough money for four textbooks for my students. That would be worse than the schools they came from, and completely negate the reason for them being here." He spoke clearly. He was met with angry gazes from some of the sports coaches, and some curious glances from other teachers. The meeting continued after a few seconds, as if he hadn't spoken at all. With a frustrated sigh, Leone rose from the table with his briefcase in hand. He silently left the room and bottled up his aggravation. He'd let it out once he wasn't in a public space.

He silently strode back to his classroom, his bad mood made clear by his white knuckle grip on his briefcase and the clench in his jaw. He hoped that his students wouldn't cause any trouble during lunch.

One of the teachers from the meeting, Shannon Vael, watched him leave with a sympathetic look on her face and she looked at the sports teachers with disdain. She cleared her throat loud enough to gain everyone's attention and stood up. She looked at everyone with a harsh glare. "Pardon my intrusion, but aren't sports just extra curriculars? If we must cut the budget somewhere then it must be from the spring sports." She states, getting s few glares from the coaches as well, and she returned the glares with one of her own. "Though in my personal opinion, we should cut off sports entirely and put more focus on the classes. More and more students are failing their classes and most of it is due to sports. Maybe with sports gone, we won't have a bunch of bumbling baboons graduating from this school."

With her piece said, Shannon left the meeting and went off to get her own class ready for after lunch. She saw the daemon a few strides ahead of her and she quickened her pace to catch up to him.

Zephyr turned his head to see who had tapped his shoulder, setting the origami dragon he'd begun down on the desk as he did. "Hmm?" He inquired shortly before she asked her question. Zephyr thought for a moment, glancing around, "Not sure. Maybe it's to prevent possible conflicts between humans and supernaturals. But this is a small class. Maybe some of the human students stayed home instead of coming in today because they're afraid of us?" He suggested.
Ezra glanced up from his book, "It's possible." He gazed at his brother, "Parents may have held their children at home for fear of us eating them or something ridiculous like that."

origami_dragon_by_flyingneko3o-d2xg8h0.jpg

"They should be scared of us... We can be scary..."
Kit's timid manner didn't back her statement at all, and she sighed at her own pathetic comment.
After this she just returned to her drawing, eager for the lesson to end so she could get her lunch.

Leone had been lost in his aggravated thoughts as he returned to his classroom, not really taking notice of anyone who might be trying to catch up with him. That was, until he felt his coworker's presence walking next to him. His gaze flicked coldly to the young woman, unsure as to what she wanted. "Yes?" He eventually asked her as they approached his classroom.

Shannon looked at him and gave him a sympathetic smile, ignoring his cold look. "Those guys are idiots for trying to cut the budget of other classes. Don't let them get to you." She tried to comfort. She was not used to talking to a supernatural do she wasn't sure what she is supposed to say to lighten his mood. She felt herself becoming awkward, so to try and hide it, she looked down and started to pick at her skirt.

"I know that, it just gets aggravating." Leone sighed, glancing down upon hearing the other teacher's words. He felt a bit bad for being so cold upon her first attempt at interaction. He lifted his gaze back up to meet hers, managing a weak smile. "Where are my manners... My name's Leone Valcrosse. Yours?" He asked.

Just as they reached his room, the bell for lunch rang. He unlocked the door so that his students could get in if they decided to eat in his room instead of the cafeteria. The human who wanted to interview him for the school paper would probably show up as well.

"Shannon Vael. I'm the new math teacher." She introduced, offering her hand in greeting. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Valcrosse."

------

Hearing the bell signal lunch, Jason put his camera back around his neck and looked towards the fire user. He wanted to see if she would wake up at the sound of the bell or if Mayaka will wake up on her own. He looked up a bit to see some of the other new students pack up for lunch.

Serenity was completely bored with the class and was thankful that it was finally over. Looking towards the twins, she finally made the decision to introduce herself to them. Reeling in her courage, she turned to the boy she was sitting next to. "
H-hello. M-my name is Serenity Void." She said quietly.

Kit packed up and turned to the twins
"May I spend Lunch period with you...?"
She fidgeted on the spot, her tail flicking slightly.

-
When the school bell went off Mayaka gasped and slightly jumped up from where she was sleeping, her eyes wide and her heart racing, startled by the sudden sound. The tips of her hair were now flaming once again "I'm awake!" she announced loudly and looked around the room. She relaxed a bit after realizing that it was just time for lunch, a slight blush forming right across her nose due to her sudden out burst. She plastered on a apologetic smile then looked over at Jason "Heh-heh.. sorry" she mentioned and began packing her things "I'm actually going to have lunch today at Mr. Valcrosse's room" she said to Jason as she flung her bag back over her shoulder.​

Ezra closed his book as a lunch bell rang. He turned his green eyes toward the shy female who had just introduced herself. "Hello, Serenity. My name is Ezra, and this is my brother Zephyr." He replied in a friendly tone, gesturing to Zephyr whose attention was on the nekomimi.

"Sure thing, Kitty cat," Zephyr smiled, pleased to have charmed her. "Not sure what we're going to do yet. I don't like the idea of eating lunch in the cafeteria with all these humans, but Ezra might want to go check it out." Zephyr stretched and stood up, gathering his belongings and turning to his twin to see what decision would be made.

Ezra turned to his twin, pensively considering their choices. "Chances are that most of our classmates will be dining with Mr. Lacrosse today. Most of us are still shy and nervous about the humans, and it makes sense that we should try to meet the rest of our classmates since we were late." He picked up his satchel and tossed it over his shoulder. "Suppose we should be going now," he paused and turned his gaze to Serenity once more, "Would you care to join us as well, Serenity?" He asked politely, not wanting to seem rude.

Reactions: Chrystal Alvarez
Serenity nodded and grabbed her bag, slipping it onto her shoulders and moving away from the desk. "I would like that. Thank you Ezra." She smiled a bit, hoping to make a better first impression than she did in the morning.

Jason just shook his head at Mayaka, a smile plastered on his face. He liked her antics and couldn't wait to get to know her better. He slung his own book bag over his shoulder and looked at the fire girl. "
Want to walk there together? I have an interview with him at lunch today." Jason explained, hoping to talk to her more and maybe meet the other supernaturals along the way.

Mayaka grinned at Jason when he explained that he'll be stopping by Mr.Valcrosse's room as well in order to interview him "Sure of course" she answered him and trotted behind the rest of the class that tried to squeeze their way out of the classroom as soon as possible. Once they eventually got their way out the door Mayaka happily walked down the hallway towards Mr. Valcrosse's class room, as she walked by most of the human students kept their distance and stared quietly as they watched the hot head go passed. She ignored any whispers that came from the students and once she spotted the open door of her first classroom she quickly ran towards "Well I'm back!" Mayaka announced loudly as she held up her pass from earlier and waved it up high in the air. She then scanned the room to see if anyone else had arrived, but it seems like Jason and her was one of the first. Maybe the rest of the students decided to go to the cafeteria after all, she thought to herself and threw her book bag on top of a nearby desk, maybe I should've done the same that way we can get more involved with the humans.

She smiled and gathered her bag up, stretching.
"So we're going to Mr Valcrosse's room?" She looked to the other twin and then serenity.
"Cmon then!" She giggled.

Ezra smiled at Serenity, "You're welcome," he answered her thanks and walked toward the door.

Zephyr laughed at Kit's enthusiasm as he followed his brother out of the classroom. His belly rumbled as he contemplated food, "Hey, Ezra?" He called his brother's attention.

"Hmm?" Ezra looked back, continuing to walk a few lengths ahead of his twin.

"Did you remember to bring the food mom made?" Zephyr asked sheepishly. In his early morning protest of "five more minutes", he'd forgotten his on the kitchen counter.

Ezra gave his brother a sly grin, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

Zephyr looked dismayed, "Come on, don't tease me bro. I'm starving!"

Ezra grinned, "Oh yeah, Zeph. Whittling away to nothing over there." He grabbed one of the brown bags from his satchel, clearly marked with the letter 'Z' and tossed it to his twin as the walked into the classroom. "What would you do without me?" He laughed, taking a seat and waiting for the others to sit with him. He pulled out his lunch, a identical brown bag marked with the letter 'E'. He unfolded the bag, a sweet and spicy smell drifting toward his noise. "Mom made sweet and spicy chicken for me," he remarked, looking pleased.

Zephyr caught the brown bag, a jovial look upon his face. "Saved my ass again, bro." He plopped down in a seat adjacent to Ezra and opened his lunch bag, a smell of cooked fish. Zephyr wiggled in his seat, almost as if to wag a tail not seen, "My favorite! Mom's the best." He laughed and took his food from his bag, preparing to eat.

Kit sat at their table, pulling a chai"r over and placing herself in front of Zephyr, reaching into her bag for her lunch, a chicken sandwich and a packet of crisps.
"That smells yummy..." she remarked
She tucked into her lunch quickly and early

(Ashen's ignoring me :cry: so I guess I'm just gonna start...)

The sounds of a struggle could be heard just outside the door and before anyone knew how to respond a the door was quickly opened and a human boy with curly red hair was thrust into the room by several other, much larger kids. "Come on, guys!" the smaller kid said as he struggled. "Knock it off, not at lunch time! Don't!..." He was then given a very hard shove towards the table where the 'monsters' were sitting near the door, causing him to stumble and fall directly into Kit's back before he collapsed to the floor, holding his mouth in pain as the bullies laughed a little and said "Have fun being lunch today, Dirk!" before they slammed the door.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.