As Above, So Below - 7 DEADLY SINS/7 HEAVENLY VIRTUES RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo. photobucket is an asshole. But, I think I fixed the majority of the problems x_x
For those of you who I've made banners, if you need the links again, just ask and I should be able to get them for you pretty easily~
(At least I hope)
Also, I'm not sure why... but this RP has come to a complete and total standstill...and there's only been two posts! This normally doesn't happen until like...at-least 5 pages into the IC...or so I've seen.
What's going on guys? Is there not enough plot for you?
Not enough character development?
Outside issues (for those of you who have given me these reasons - you're excused, no worries)

I'm curious o-o
I really don't want to see this RP die.

Yeah, it's really a shame that there was a good turnout and then suddenly mostly everyone fell off the face of the planet.

Yeah, it's really a shame that there was a good turnout and then suddenly mostly everyone fell off the face of the planet.
It's very possible some people aren't getting the notifications in their alerts box - I know that does actually happen because it's happened to me. So, I think I'm going to have to head on over to peoples profiles and figure out what's up.

In fact, I have a miscellaneous character ready... So long as I manage to balance her out for this.

All right, I have something , still not entirely sure I tweaked this character correctly or if I'm entirely satisfied even if I did. But I wanted to have something to present.

[BCOLOR=transparent]GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS[/BCOLOR]

Nue16cS.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Character Name: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene Eudokia Sapientia[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Etymology:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene - Greek, literally means moon.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Eudokia - Ancient Greek "Ευδοκια" meaning "good thought" from ευ "good, well" and δοκεω (dokeo) "to think, to imagine, to suppose".[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sapientia - Latin, literally meaning wisdom, discernment, memory or science.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alias:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] None[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Female[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Species/Race: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Witch, formerly Human, declares herself as a sorceress.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]594[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Birth Date: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]04/29/X172[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Zodiac Sign:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Taurus[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Current Residence:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Selene lives on the second floor of her store, which is located on the western edge of the rift.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Occupation: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene owns a shop with various alchemic potions and magical items, "Moon's depot".[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Family: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]None living[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gemstone: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Diamond[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]More: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]N/A[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Height: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]176cm (5.7 feet)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hair: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene has long purple hair with varying tones. She will wear it in various styles depending on her mood. However mostly in simple hairstyles. Her hair used to be brown.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Eyes: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene has unnatural red eyes, they glow during certain magical arts. Her eyes used to be green.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Distinguishing Marks: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Besides long coats and occasional witchy outfits, Selene's only distinguishing features are unnatural hair and eye color, and markings on her body. .[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]General Appearance[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene is mostly seen in long dresses, coats or other types of wear that cover most of her skin, while they seem highly ornate, Selene only wears clothes and items on her that have a certain usefulness. Her dresses are covered with magical sigils and runes facilitating casting, her long coats enchanted and treated with alchemy to provide extra protection.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She is of average height at 5.7 feet, and while her physical features are almost always hidden behind layers of clothing she is quite thin and there is no muscle mass. Despite this, she possesses a normal level of physical strength achieved through alchemy and magic.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Her skin is very pale, reflecting the fact she rarely leaves her home, it is also covered by numerous tattoo like markings, which are in fact magical runes to facilitate the usage of magic.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Strengths: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic, alchemy, planning ahead, paranoia.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weaknesses: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Socializing, martial arts(physical combat generally), unforeseeable situations, irrational things or people, paranoia.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]More: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]N/A[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Allies: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]None[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Enemies: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]None[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Current Goal/Purpose: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Researching the magical nature of the city of Anarma and the "14"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aspirations: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Refine magic to perfect levels, obtain and catalogue all knowledge.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hobbies: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]None.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Likes: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Books, science, magic, quiet, alchemy, the Internet.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dislikes: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Rowdy people, loud areas, things that cannot be explained through magic or science. Sharing knowledge. Asking for help.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Talents: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ambidextrous. Fluent in dozens of languages. Impeccable memory. Alchemy. Magic.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Inabilities: [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Certain emotions. Art in any form.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Fears: [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Death, more then you'd think, Selene is almost 600 years old and as such the notion of death terrifies her. This results in a degree of paranoia when dealing with people.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]General Personality[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene has a great interest in gathering information, mostly useless information, however she simply enjoys doing so. She is unsurprisingly antisocial, she outlived everyone she ever got to know and most people are attracted to her only due to the sheer amount of knowledge she gathered. Despite being trained in witchcraft and magic since early age, she has great interest in modern science and technology.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]When meeting Selene in her shop she will stick strictly to business and dodge any sort of personal questions, when meeting her outside she will outright avoid interaction if possible, and stick to short answers if necessary. Despite this when she needs to interact with someone to get information out of them she will do so without hesitation.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She resents asking for help, believing everything can be solved with her knowledge and magic, however she is not stupid, if it is unavoidable she will ask for help.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She takes great pride in her magic and alchemy.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]In her daily life Selene can sometimes appear sluggish and sleepy, this is mostly due to her mind being elsewhere a lot.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Inner Personality [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene is a lonely person driven only by her quest for knowledge, she undergoes occasional periods of depression, often triggered by remembering her early years. She secretly wishes to interact with other people, however this desire is supressed by her self-given quest for knowledge, one could say she sold her life for magic and knowledge.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Deep inside she realizes her magic pales in comparison to the most powerful creatures of the world, and that it might never be enough to reach their power.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]More [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene strives towards a complete absence of emotion, she finds that emotionless is instrumental for the proper usage of magic.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]SPECIALTY CHARACTERISTICS[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Special Items [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Bibliotheca Mundus, a magical tome containing all the knowledge she has gathered so far, the book seems empty if not within a meter of Selene. Has no purpose beyond a database.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapons [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Depending on her clothes, Selene will have an assortment of alchemic potions, magical talismans and occasionally grenades. She will always carry at least one firearm on her, mostly pistols. Sometimes she will carry daggers, however in most cases these are for ritual purposes only.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Selene is a magical prodigy, a genius in the term of magical and alchemical arts. Brought up in a coven of witches, by her 20th birthday she already mastered every piece of magic her teachers knew. In her research she always favored utility over power. She is one of the few people capable of creating the elixir of youth through alchemy. Something she employed on herself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When it comes to magic Selene has great knowledge of almost all branches of magic, however this knowledge is in most parts just that; knowledge. The power of her abilities are mediocre at best, because while she knows how to create even the strongest spells she currently lacks the sheer amount of power required to use them, her longevity did not bring an increase in power.[/BCOLOR] Besides this, to channel greater amounts of energy Selene has to put a greater strain on her physical body, something that is very difficult for Human beings, this could be mitigated through complex rituals and preparation.
Her magic of choice is gravity and shielding, it is not unusual for her to use them to fl
[BCOLOR=transparent]ee rather then fight, even when outmatching her opponent.[/BCOLOR]

Alchemy

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alchemy is something she prefers using over magic, her masterwork is naturally the elixir of youth, created through the usage of the philosopher's stone. This naturally means she kills at least one person every hundred years for its ingredients. Her alchemic potions range from love potions to high-yield magical bombs, she has no problem creating deadly potions, mind-enslaving solutions or any other form of alchemy.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]More: Despite her extensive knowledge of various magic she is not well versed in combat. Her elixir of youth only stops her aging,leaving her susceptible to illnesses and injury. The elixir requires centennial renewal.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]HISTORIC BACKGROUND[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]General History[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Selene was born somewhere in central Europe to ordinary parents and under a different name, shortly after she was kidnapped by a coven of witches and given her present name. Her surname was given to her some time later, reflecting her aptitude to learn. She left the coven when she was 22 years old to research alchemy in solitude. The years later she managed to produce the elixir of youth, whose secret she fiercely guards from everyone, even its mere existence. Because of this she developed a habit of travelling the world, both to gather knowledge and to avoid suspicion regarding her ageless body. She had recently moved to Anarma to study the city and its populace.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Present Life: Selene was delighted by the openness of Anarma to magic. And upon arrival she opened a store in which she sells various charms, talismans and potions. Her goal is to learn more about the city of Anarma, and by extension the "14", however being careful due to the power of these creatures.[/BCOLOR]

Tomorrow/today is my last of overtime this week. This way I won't be mentally drained while typing up a post.

Reactions: Ali
IMA POST NAO

Finished my post. -w-

• Thank You
@Vio Thank you very much lovely ♥
I apologize for no updates over the weekend everyone. Starting tomorrow, I'll have a post up for Gluttony, and I'll be posting to peoples walls.

i still am

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.