Artifact of Wishes (Lunita and Meely)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunita smirked, "Horses would help with carrying, along with transportation." She glanced at Marcos, "I hope you realize how dangerous a dragon can be and that you are just kidding. I myself am not looking forward to getting my insides ripped from my body." She glanced at Weylin before looking back at Marcos, "Don't worry about the two of us arguing. Think of it as more of playful banter."

Weylin huffed, "Playful? Lass you wouldn't know the meaning of the word!" He stood up from the table, "I go to see about horses." He walked away while Lunita just smiled in his direction.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
"Playful...fun, jokingly?" Sakura answered to Weylin, even though it was addressed to Lunita. She went after the dwarf to see about horses. She had rode many times. "I don't think he knows I could be a horse as well," Marcos muttered. It was a living creature, after all.

He turned to Lunita, not taking anything very seriously. "Relax. Calm. I was joking." He wasn't, but she seemed worried. "Even I ain't that stupid." He pulled a funny face in an attempt to make her laugh.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Weylin led Sakura to a small stable. He greeted one of the other Dwarfs there with a hug. They laughed and spoke for a while. "I need four horses." The man's face gaped open a bit, "Weylin what ye need four horses fer? I only have the pack mules. They are my prized possessions, ye know this." Weylin rubbed at his beard, "Aye, they are yer prized possessions but this is a matter of life and death. We have been friends for a very long time. Isn't there something we can do?" The owner of the ponies gave a bit of a frown, "Fine, but only this once. I want them back unharmed ye hear me?" Weylin patted the man on the back, "Of course!" Weylin gave the man a bag of coin, "Thanks Lad."

Lunita laughed at the silly face before shaking her head, "You are definitely a silly young man." She stretched a bit. "I would prefer to not use you as a horse if I don't have to. I have no doubt you would make a great horse but I like the way you are."

"I bet I'd be the strongest you'd seen, but, meh, no matter," Marcos laughed. He enjoyed the company he'd had in the short amount of time he'd left New York. So long hiding in the spotlight had made him forget how much fun it was to simply just live and let the world take him rather than the other way round. "I'm pretty adaptable." He smiled, chuckling at his pun. Even if Lunita wouldn't understand, he'd at least appreciate his terrible comedy.

Sakura followed Weylin, admiring the horses' glossy manes and their strong build. She stroked one, panicking as it moved away as if attacked by a strong wind. A little yelp escaped her in shock. She wasn't sure if this was a good idea.

Lunita giggled a bit at his pun. She stood up, yawning a bit. "We best go check to see how Weylin and Sakura are doing with the horses." She walked over to the door. The air was cold when she stepped outside. She shivered a bit as she wrapped her cloak tighter around herself. There was no sign of where the Dwarf and Nymph were except for their footprints in the snow. She walked slowly toward the stable. Her mind filled with the upcoming journey. It would take then longer to reach the dragon's lair having to stop at Weylin's home. It would be late night by the time they finished speaking with the dragon. She stopped in her tracks when she saw Weylin with donkeys. "Those do not look like horses to me."

The stableman grabbed the reins of the horse that Sakura spooked, "It is alright. Shhh." He patted the neck while feeding the animal an apple. Weylin grabbed the four mules by the reins. "Come on Sakura." The stableman looked around, wondering if Weylin lost his mind completely until he saw the tracks that were not from Weylin.

"I see donkeys," Marcos agreed with her unsure how they'd do anything. "Donkeys, horses, what is the difference?" Sakura asked as they came out, "They will assist us nonetheless." Marcus still allowed a frown of uncertainty to settle on his face. "I'll tell you the difference," he morphed into a horse a moment before turning back, "Difference?" Sakura replied, "Only a brief size issue. Do not panic, we can do this. The animals are strong." She did not attempt to prove it, in fear the mule she touched would be spooked once more.

Weylin huffed, "This was all that my friend had. Take it or leave it!"

Lunita crossed her arms leaning back and forth. "Donkeys do well in the mountain ranges, they are not easily spooked as horses. Unfortunately, they are not known for being fast. That is what we need at the moment. We are going to need speed. They are strong animals, though." She was thinking out loud, not really speaking to anyone in particular. "It just means that our journey will be slowed some. Let's get going, the sooner we leave, the more ground we can cover before making camp at nightfall." Lunita climbed onto the back of her beast and waited for the others before she began to ride off.

Weylin shook his head, he got onto the back of his donkey, "More my size, anyway. We should hit my home before nightfall, that way we can stay there for the night."

Lunita looked over her shoulder, "I am not sure how your family would react having an Elf in their halls, Dwarf. If it all the same to you, I will camp outdoors."

Weylin shrugged, "Suit yourself, Lass."

"I will camp with you, if you'd like," Sakura offered, getting on the mule that she had spooked. It did so again, annoying her quite a bit, as she fell off, but got back on with a little bit of a grudge, and it seemed calmer. Marcos morphed into Weylin like he had done many times in the last twenty-four hours. "Size doesn't affect me. It's stamina, agility, speed we need." He got onto the final creature with a deep sigh, "I guess we must go then." He had sighed up for an adventure, not horseriding. He'd agreed that it was strength in numbers, but this would slow them down. Quite a bit, in Marcos' head. Though it didn't seem to matter much now he was shorter. He had to be honest. He was pretty nervous, because the truth was, riding was one of his (many) weaknesses, which was a main problem in the mission Lunita had requested his co-operation in taking part. Though, he had found a friend in her, and, besides, what's the worst that could have happened? He got trampled to death by donkeys? That was highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.