Artifact of Wishes (Lunita and Meely)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weylin looked shocked, "The Artifact of Wishes? Are ye insane?" He started pacing around, "Do ye even have the required items needed to pass the tests?" He gave a studious look at Lunita, "No, you haven't. Lass, this is suicide. Go home girl before ye get yourself and others killed."

Lunita shook her head, "I am going to whether or no I have to go alone, Dwarf. I have my own reasons to do this." Weylin looked at Marcos, then at Lunita, "Well, I am not going to let you go get killed. You're going to need my help."

Lunita couldn't believe this, an Elf, Shape Shifter, Nymph and Dwarf working together. She sighed heavily. She wasn't exactly looking at bringing a party with her but as Marcos said, the more the merrier. "Alright then, time to pay an ivory dragon a visit."

"Wow, you're serious?" Sakura asked. If she could be seen, they'd recognise the nervous face. "Deadly," Marcos replied, "I suppose we should be going then." He smiled and was glad he wasn't always going to be the only male around. He began walking.

Lunita spoke as she walked, "The ivory dragon is usually known for not attacking unless provoked. I do not intend on fighting with it at all. We need an ivory scale. Now, if we are lucky then we may just stumble across one laying around in the cave she dwells in. If not, we may need to speak to her. I hope that if we ask politely, she will just hand one over. Like I said, I do not wish to kill a dragon but if we need to, so be it."

Weylin laughed haughtily, "You are saying you want to barter with a dragon. You think that she will just offer you a scale? Have you gone mad?"

Lunita looked at Weylin, "I have been called worse things, Dwarf. From what I have heard, this dragon is not a violent one. If she is, then we will do what needs to be done."

"We could trick her mind?" Marcos suggested, "If it gets too bad, I mean. Since I've heard she's the guardian of peace also." He hoped she was right, and that simply speaking would allow their help.

Footprints appeared in the snow as Sakura walked ahead, "What are we waiting for?" She was excited, ready to explore and to find the scale. "She isn't going to talk to herself, you know!"

Lunita gave Marcos an interesting look as she stopped to speak to him. "I have a very interesting question. Seeing as you have mirrored Weylin. I wonder, are you able to shift into a dragon?" The thought occurred to her when Marcos suggested tricking her mind. If anything would do that, having a twin staring at you that you don't have might do exactly that.

"I'd have to be able to see it first, and learn its appearance," Marcos said, "But I should be able to pull it off, although I keep my eyes," he was pleased that she had come to him. Marcos, you've never pulled off something so big. I don't think you can do it... he thought, but he was determined to try. It's easy, make a small version and then grow.

Lunita smiled, "Wonderful. We should get a real good look at her when we speak to her, first. About the eyes, though. That might be difficult. We will have to think of something. Perhaps some of my magic will help. I'm not sure."

Weylin laughed once again, "I still don't believe you are going to try to enter a dragon's lair thinking you will be able to talk her into giving ye a scale." He kept shaking his head. "Just to watch while I drink a pint will be entertainment before we will have to run for our lives."

Lunita just sighed, "I will need a few pints to put up with you, Dwarf." Weylin just scowled then laughed again, "Aye, same for ye lass."

"I need a pint listening to you all," Marcos said as they caught up to Sakura. "I don't drink," Sakura said. She had been told alcoholic substances were bad, deadly even, and she was going to stick to that. No pints for her. "I only drink water, the liquid of Mother Nature."

Marcos turned to Weylin as he spoke of Lunita's idea being stupid. "You wouldn't know what it was like to speak about peace though, would you?" He felt angry, though didn't really show it, calm and collected, and he'd intervened the conversation because he liked the idea of talking to the dragon, perhaps she'd give them mercy. There was the risk of perhaps not, but there was risks anyway.

Lunita chuckled at the conversation about pints and how Sakura was not a drinker. She figured after a few days with these two men, she would change her mind. Then, she noticed Marcos' comment to Weylin. She walked quietly, noticing Weylin's reactions. You could tell he was unnerved by the way he started carrying himself. Lunita chewed on her bottom lip as Weylin began to shake. Here it comes, she thought.

Weylin was about to blow his top, "Lad, have you learned nothing about those fire breathing beasts? Dragons don't want peace! You clearly have not had your home attacked while those giant lizards walk through your halls. That fire of death and destruction destroying everything in it's path. Watching those you love die from those Hellish flames as you stand helpless against it." His face reddened with anger, "No, there is no peace with dragons."

"No, I've not learned much of dragons, not at all to be honest. I have not seen dragons walking down my halls, or seen my home torn apart by anything. I have not ever lost a love one," Marcos replied, and in his head he added, I have never had a loved one to lose. "Though I have seen war destroy cities, and lies to corrupt a country, and dragons were uninvolved in both."

Sakura sighed, "When you two boys have finished, we have a dragon to talk to. Seriously. Do all men act like children?" She had aimed that question at Lunita, but Marcos shook his head. "Oh. Then I must have been very unlucky." She laughed to break the tension.

Lunita kept quiet, snow started falling as they reached the borders of the Southern Mountains. She had kept quiet for a while now. She was keeping herself alert. There was an inn close by she remembered. They would be able to warm up, get some food in their stomachs and perhaps a rest before heading off again.

Weylin kept quiet for the most part as well, the anxiety of going to face a dragon rising in him. He was in a sour mood already. He grabbed his pipe from his pack, smoked for a bit, then put it back when he saw the inn. "This place serves the best roasted boar."

"Are you mad at me? Was I too unkind?" Marcos whispered to Lunita. The last thing he wanted was for everyone to hold a grudge against him. They had to work together for this to work. He had an apology if he needed to, and he tried to avoid the snowflakes. Anything cold he disliked greatly. That was because cold tended to equal wet.

"Roast boar? That's an extremely popular dish of many species, isn't it? Humans do not eat it much anymore though, do they?" Sakura asked, remembering her studies. "The inn isn't human then, I'm guessing."

Lunita sent a telepathic message to Marcos, "No, I am not mad. I just don't like to speak much. I also have many things running through my mind." She approached the Inn with a slight smile as she heard the question. She was going to answer but knew that Weylin would enjoy explaining this place more than she would.

Weylin puffed out his chest, "This inn was built and is run by my kind." He said this proudly. "This is the home of the Dwarfs. Just wait until ye try the honeyed milk. Oh and the best mead you could ever thirst for!" He pushed by Lunita to go inside. He was clearly in a hurry. Lunita stood back a bit while looking at the others. "You go inside, I wish to have a few moments." It wasn't that she didn't want to go inside, she knew how the Dwarfs would take to having an Elf in their establishment. She needed to mentally prepare herself.

Sakura nodded, but she wasn't able to be seen and she'd forgotten that. "You must be very proud of your people to allow us to come inside. I have heard lots about dwarfs, that they are hard workers," her gentle voice is reaching silent as she enters the inn.

"Are you nervous?" Marcos asked Lunita, lagging behind slightly, because she was his first friend really and he trusted her, and she seemed worried about something. "I got your telepathic message. I wish I could do that, it'd be good." He studied her face for a few moments, and saw no anxiety, nor sadness, not really anything except deep thought. "Oh, sorry. I'll go inside now..." She couldn't edit her identity, but he was going with the crowd, and he morphed into a dwarf - more specifically, Weylin - and followed him and Sakura inside.

Lunita appreciated Marcos checking in with her. After he went to go inside, she smiled. She was happy to have him as a friend but she didn't want to give that impression just yet. She turned to enter the inn but noticed Marcos changing himself to look like Weylin so stayed back to watch. She crossed her arms and shook her head.

Weylin didn't notice Marcos antics just yet. He was too busy greeting everyone at the bar. It was low set for the Dwarfs so that they can see and sit at. The wooden tables in the dark inn lit up the room with lanterns in the center of them. Animal hides covered the walls along with older weapons. Each of those weapons held a story of previous battles. The Dwarfs greeted Weylin but looked at him, then Marcos with confusion. Weylin was wondering what the others were gawking at, so he turned to find his twin standing there. "Ay lad, knock it off!" He looked at his comrades and shook his head, "This here is Marcos. He thinks he is clever." He walked over to the bar, "Get me a round of pints for my friends." He looked at Marcos, "Yeah, him too I 'spose." He grabbed his drink and sat on a wooden stool at a table.

Lunita had come in when Weylin was scolding Marcos. She gave a bit of a smirk. The other Dwarfs looked at her with a scowl before Weylin intervened, "She's with me." The other Dwarfs went to their own business. Lunita grabbed a pint then stood a corner at the opposite side of the room. She stared out of the window as she sipped her drink. Everyone was sounding quite merry. She would glance around every now and then to make sure that everything was alright, then she would turn her attention outside once more. She wanted to make sure that her family wasn't following.

Marcos laughed, his laugh was infectious and Sakura caught it as well. "Sorry, mate, but it was worth it!" he said between laughs, "The look on their faces was priceless." He let the other words sink in, "I am clever," he pouted, before taking the drink. He had no money, but Sakura did and she laid it out in front of Weylin. She hadn't received a drink, but she didn't want one.

Marcos drank his own fast, though he didn't look like he'd drank a pint. In fact, it looked like he could drink thirty and not look tipsy. "Thanks," he said, staying Weylin for the sake of it. He glanced at Lunita, "What's wrong?" he asked, "Do you want me to...?" She was cautious, he knew that, and he didn't want her to get hurt before she'd got her wish.

Weylin just grumbled as he enjoyed his drink and giving Marcos an annoyed look. Some of his buddies joined him at the table. They began speaking of old times. They laughed heartily now and then. They lifted up their drinks in honor of the victorious dead. Drinks kept going to the table.

Lunita looked at Marcos, still having no expression on her face. Then, she managed a bit of a smile. "No, you're fine. Do you want to speak to me about something? She went to a table and sat on one of the stools. She tried to get comfortable but it was hard when you were tall and the seats were low. She motioned for a couple of drinks to be brought over.

Marcos made himself morph into Marcos again, and he sat next to her, "I don't, what about you?" He didn't know what she wanted to talk about so he looked around, "It must be hard to be a dwarf," he murmured, "When everybody else is so tall." He sat down, but the chair was small compared to him. "Is it hard to be an elf also?"

Sakura was sat on the floor so she was level with the dwarves, and listened hard to their conversation about their fallen. They were proud, she could tell, and she was learning a lot about dwarves just by being there. She believed her only purpose in life is to learn, and to keep peace.

Lunita ran her hands over her pint as she copied Marcos glancing around the room, "Not really anything to talk about." She met Marcos eyes when he asked about the Dwarfs and Elves. She shook her head, "Every race has it's advantages along with disadvantages." She looked over to the Dwarfs again, "They may be small in stature but they are very tall with pride and strength." She took a couple of swigs of her drink, "If a fight breaks out, I would want a Dwarf at my side." She smiled, "Do not tell the Dwarf I said so." She wanted to avoid the whole Elven conversation but to ignore his question would be rude. "Being an Elf has good qualities. The magic is a great ally. However, for me the disadvantages outweigh the advantages." She glanced around the room, keeping a keen eye on the entrance. "I suppose it all depends on which clan you come from."

Weylin and the others were drinking heavily. He tried to stand up but fell on his face. The others laughed. He got up and sat back down on the stool, "I tripped on something." He said to cover for himself. The others laughed, patting him hard on the back. Everyone started heading out or going to their rooms. Weylin sat at the table alone, keeping the drinks coming.

Sakura sat next to him. "Are you drunk?" she asked politely. If he couldn't travel, Sakura wouldn't want him to get hurt or worse, be killed. She would pay for a room for the four, since she supposed there was rooms with two beds and she was willing to sleep on a sofa or the floor.

Marcos did a zipping of the lips, to say he'd keep a secret. "Clans are like cities, right? Or football teams?" Shapeshifters didn't know much about clans since they didn't have them, only families spread all over the world. It was less a threat to the humans that way, since Marcos' species relied on others to keep them alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.