Artifact of Wishes (Lunita and Meely)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunita heard the warning but she was so weak, she could barely move. The weapon making took everything she had out of her. If it was only a human, then she felt no immediate danger, unless her family paid that person to check out the woods. She struggled to a crawling position, trying to pull herself to the entrance. She lay her head to the side as she sent a telepathic message to Marcos, "I can not see the human from where I am. I am too weak to do anything. Apprehend the human and we will deal with him once I have regained my strength."

Marcos looked around for the human and jumped him as the human got too close to Lunita. "Stop," he said, still hidden in the trees. It was fairly easy just to scare him off without a question. "Um. He ran away." He hoped she wouldn't be too disappointed or annoyed. "Though he seemed frightened as he couldn't see me."

Lunita still lay there as she gave her head a brief nod. 'Just keep watch, please. If any Elves come I am as good as dead.' She sent him this message telepathically right before she passed out.

Marcos climbed the tree again. He didn't understand how she could send messages in her brain. Maybe he could have the wish of to be able to learn magic. He'd probably wanted that. He looked around and hoped to see something to do but saw nothing. All he could think about was the amulet of wishes, and the wish he might receive.

Lunita woke up before sunrise. She rubbed her eyes as she grabbed her bow and arrows. She looked around for Marcos then called for him. "Where are you?" She could tell he was close but she couldn't see him. This was strange because her Elven eyes are very sharp. Was this a game of hide and go seek?

Marcos had fell asleep keeping watch in the tree. He turned back into the form she'd met him as, with black hair and pale skin, and came down, "I'm here," he said, smiling. "If you didn't see me, that means nobody else could. Like I said: to confuse." He was smiling but hadn't fully woken up yet, or maybe he had gotten drunk last night. Either way, he blinked a few times to wake himself up.

Lunita gave a half of a smile before nodding. "Yes, to confuse. I remember." She looked through the trees, "Come, we need to go that way." She started walking through the trees. She gently brushed her fingers against each tree she passed. Each tree giving her renewed energy. She still had not fully recovered from the night but as long as they kept going, the stronger she would become.

Marcos followed. He was quite an obedient person as long as he was treated right. He smiled, and didn't understand why she touched trees, so he ran his own fingers along a few times and they felt the same. He guessed she liked the feel of the bark. His family had only taught him things of his own kind, so the elfin world was just a new adventure. An uncharted land, an unanswerable question, or perhaps it wasn't good. Either way, Marcos made a mental note to try and learn about her culture.

They were strolling through the woods at an easy pace. Lunita stopped tracing her fingers over the trees after a while. She did happen to notice that Marcos was copying her. It made her giggle on the inside but she kept it from coming out. She needed to stay focused. A few feet later, she came to a stop. A Dwarf lay on his back, swearing and kicking his feet about. Lunita tilted her head, wondering what a Dwarf was doing so far from the mountains. She slowly approached him, kneeling next to him. "Hello, are you in need of assistance?"

The Dwarf looked up at Lunita, fire in his eyes, "Do I look like I need assistance from an Elf?" Lunita shrugged, "Then, I bid you good day, Dwarf." She rose to her feet and took a few steps forward before she heard him speak again, "Wait!" He grumbled a bit, "Maybe I could use a hand to get back on my feet. Just don't tell anyone." Lunita smirked as she turned around. She grabbed the Dwarf by the hand, gently helping him up. "My name is Lunita, this is my companion, Marcos." The Dwarf snarled a bit before speaking again. "My name is Weylin Beard-Copper from the Southern Mountain Halls." Lunita smiled, "We are headed in that direction. Perhaps you would care to join us?" The Dwarf rubbed at his beard for a few moments. "Well, since you are heading my way, I can't see why not but don't think that this means we're friends or anything."

"Why doesn't it mean we aren't friends?" Marcos asked. He wanted to play a practical joke and mirrored the dwarf, "How do you not know we are figments of your imagination?" he chuckled. "I'm only joking." He looked up at Lunita, "It's quite nice being like this." He began to rub his own beard. "Not a big fan of the beard though." He chuckled again. He actually quite liked the beard but the dwarf had upset his friend and he was replying with friendly karma. At least, it was friendly enough.

Weylin jumped back a bit as Marcos changed his form to mirror his own. "EH! What sort of devil magic is this?" Lunita shook her head, crossing her arms, "Easy Weylin, Marcos here is a shape shifter." Weylin poked at the mirror reflection with his finger, "You may look like a Dwarf, lad but you will never be a proper one!" Weylin grabbed his pipe harshly from his bag, lit it and then began smoking. Lunita waved her hand in front of her face. Weylin then looked at Marcos, "I bet ye don't have a pipe." Lunita shook her head, rolling her eyes and then continued walking. "If you both are coming, I hope you can keep up. There is a long way to go."

Weylin shrugged his shoulders and began walking as he spoke, "Lunita, lass, what is an Elven girl doing traveling this wilderness..alone?" Lunita sighed, "Well, Marcos is with me so I do not consider that alone." Weylin nodded, "Yes, well what I meant was, you're a ..woman. Shouldn't the men be traveling?" Lunita looked down at Weylin, "If I didn't need what I was going for, I would have sent a man. Just because I am a woman means that I can not go traveling?" Weylin shrugged, "In this area, lass safety in numbers." Lunita gave him a smile, "I may be a woman, Dwarf but I am quite able to do many things on my own."

Marcos laughed, "No, I have no pipe; I just like to watch people get nervous when I impersonate them." He had broke into hysterics, still in dwarf form. He probably would've been hurt if he knew what devil magic was, but he didn't. When his minute of laughter was over, he was "himself" again. "Are you suggesting you're coming with us, then?" he asked when Weylin spoke of Lunita travelling. "It'll be fun. And besides, I'm a boy." He wanted to mimic a girl at that moment just to put Weylin on edge, "And you're travelling alone. She helped you."

Weylin just huffed, "An Elf helping a Dwarf! Impossible. Besides, if she hadn't helped me I would have figured it out on my own eventually." Lunita sighed heavily. She could already tell how this little adventure was going to turn out. She frowned as she spoke. "Marcos, please do not antagonize Weylin. Weylin, I understand that our kinds have had...differences. I can understand that Dwarves do not care for Elves. However, I have not considered myself an Elf for a very long time. Believe it or not, I probably hate my kind more than you do." She looked at him seriously, "So, by all means, hate the Elves but please do not hate me." Weylin huffed again, "Once an Elf always an Elf. You can not hide from what you are Lass. I won't let you forget it, either." Lunita gave a smirk, "I believe you will."

Lunita could almost hear Marcos asking so she started to explain, "Marcos, the Elves and Dwarves have had conflicts for centuries. I point the blame at both sides, actually. The Elves are a very proud race, along with the Dwarves. At times, not quite civil quarrels break out. Great wars have been fought, but both Elves and Dwarves have been known to be allies. They have fought, bled and died together in the heat of many battles. I only know the Elven side of why there are disagreements with Dwarves. I was told that Dwarves had become jealous of our beauty and ability in the use of magic."

Weylin laughed, "Dwarves? Jealous of the Elves! Preposterous. It is the Elves whom are jealous of the Dwarves!" He took out his dagger. "We have forged countless weapons that out shine yours. Our armors are more valuable than your homelands combined. We are wealthy, strong, and I am proud to be a Dwarf." He grinned up at Lunita, "It is such a shame that an Elven girl doesn't even want association with her own kind. That alone speaks for itself."

Lunita just shrugged, "There are two sides of every coin. As you can see, Marcos. As I said, both sides are to blame. Jealousy, pride, all of that get in the way."

"I'm pretty sure I feel like the only normal being here," Marcos agreed with her. "I can't understand you both." He frowned, marks of confusion on his forehead as he tried to work the two out. During his thoughts he tried to intake all the information he'd been given. It had given him an important lesson.

"Please put down your weapon. It's quite frightening," a gentle voice called out in the wind.

Marcos looked around, he couldn't see anyone. He said nothing, just in case it was his sub-conscious trying to communicate, or it was his imagination.

Lunita chuckled at Marcos, "It is because you are from a different race. Nothing to be concerned about, at least for now." She gave a look at Weylin as she said that. She was about to say something else when she halted in her tracks. Her ears perked out from her hair. "Did you hear that?" Weylin looked around nodding a bit. Lunita kept her hands on her bow. She was not about to let go of a weapon just so they could be attacked. "Whoever you are, come out. I give my word no harm will come to you."

"I'm right in front of you. Hold your hand out and I'll show you," the gentle voice said. There was a rattling of coins or another metallic object of some sort. Marcos had said he'd helped Lunita, and couldn't let her get hurt, and besides, he didn't want her to look weak against Weylin, so he held out his own. A few pieces of silver were pressed into his hand by another that wasn't there. He shivered, they were cold, with dainty fingers. "That's...umm..." Marcos searched for a friendly word as he looked cautiously at the pieces of silver.

Lunita was thinking back on all of the races she knew something about. This wasn't another Elf, nor Dwarf, maybe just maybe a fairy but that doesn't make much sense. This was definitely not leprechaun, they don't share their coin. She kept thinking and thinking. It wasn't adding up. "I know you are right there but maybe you would be so kind as to allow us to see you?"

She grinned at Marcos, "Maybe a simple thank you would work."

"I don't know how," the invisible being admitted, "I've lost my spell book." Marcos laughed. "I think I was trying to find the word awesome."

The voice eventually spoke again, "My name is Sakura." She knew that not many explored these parts. She knew many came looking for adventure. "I'm surprised that a dwarf and elf have come together."

Lunita was still thinking. A lost spell book? She was confused. She decided to keep speaking to this mysterious being to try and gain some clues as to what it may be. "We are traveling together as far as the Southern Mountains where Weylin, the Dwarf is from. I will be continuing down south from there." She paused for a few moments before adding, "If you need assistance in finding your book, we would be happy to help you."

Weylin grumbled, "Eh now lass, speak for yourself. I want to go home." Lunita crossed her arms, "Very well, Weylin. I assume you know the way." Weylin grabbed roughly at his beard while he grumbled, "Alright fine, where did ye lose this book of yours? The sooner I find it, the sooner we can go."

"Um..." Sakura sounded embarrassed, "I can't remember. I've been looking for it, but it's fine. I'll just be invisible. Someone played a trick on me, that's all, I guess it will wear off."

Marcos was finding it rather sympathetic. "It's alright. We can still help you. Are you a human?"

"No, I'm a nymph, but I'm not that good at magic," Sakura replied. She didn't understand whether she was human or not was important.

"We're going to the Artefact of Wishes. Maybe you can wish to be visible again," Marcos hoped it wasn't rude for Lunita for him to just invite Sakura, but maybe her unwanted skill could help them out. "Besides the more the merrier, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.