Artifact of Wishes (Lunita and Meely)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weylin looked around for the voice that spoke. He had completely forgotten that Sakura was around. He took another chug of his drink before slamming the pint on the table, "Drunk? I am not drunk!" He chuckled, "I am plesh intly warm." Another pint was brought to him. The bar maid smiled, "Weylin, will ye be sleeping in your room tonight then?" Weylin nodded, "Aye lass and me mates will need a room ash well." He was having a hard time speaking straight. The bar maid smiled as she walked away to get rooms ready. Luckily there were rooms available for the taller ones, as they called them.

Lunita couldn't help but laugh at the football team reference. "Cities would be more like it. However, the cities are no longer as glamorous as they once were. Many of the Elves have left Earth. A few clans remain. There are the High Elves, the Dark Elves, and a few Woodland Elves that have remained. Each with their own Territory." She sighed softly, "Each clan has their own territory and they work diligently to make sure Humans do not even know that they are there."

Sakura was surprised, as supposed by her little gasp as it was spoken Weylin had his own room. She was learning so much and couldn't wait to receive her book from the Artefact of Wishes, and to be able to turn herself back and study again. It was lonely without that book. It was lonelier when nobody could see her. What if they left her behind? "I think you are, but I trust your instinct," she said, biting her lip even though she knew he couldn't see it.

Marcos nodded, "Where do they go when they leave Earth?" he asked before downing another drink and looking rather unfazed. He knew well how elves and other supernatural species avoided the humans, though shapeshifters were welcomed into their society, as long as there was no funny business.

Weylin winked in the direction of Sakura's voice, "Lass, it takes more than a few of these pints to knock me down." The chair appeared to be empty but he knew she was there. "Now tell me, what is it like to be a nymph? Isn't there supposed to be a flute player. Oh what are they called?" He ran his hand over his beard while he tried to think. "Why doesn't he help ye find that book of yours?"

Lunita sat back in her chair heavily, sighing as she spoke the words in Elvish before speaking the translation in common tongue, "The Immortal Lands." She grabbed her drink, finished it off before speaking again, "The Elders believed they could travel to those lands, a sort of paradise for our people." She called for another drink, "How is it being a shape shifter? I do believe that I would like to have those abilities of being able to change my form."

"A flute player? We have met the Pied Piper, though my clan has no flute player. We are the clan of the forest, but there is a clan for the water, desert, and the ice, and probably more. Nobody can help me find my book, it is by now covered by many layers of snow. Besides, why were you going to travel?" Sakura tried to change the subject, afraid she'd break down knowing her book was lost.

"It has it's advantages," Marcos shrugged, "Just a human who's a little different. I want to learn how to create fire from my fingers and stuff," he frowned, not really sure why she'd want to be a shapeshifter. They were harmless pranks, he classed them as a tactic to confuse rather than a power. "But shapeshifters don't possess any magic, none at all, because our power is a skill and rather than learning to do it we have to learn to control it."

Weylin appeared confused, perhaps he was drunk? He pulled out his pipe, lit it and then did smoke rings. He sat deep in thought. What was the word? "Satyr?" He was asking himself but it came out of his mouth. Maybe her clan did not have one of those creatures. "I always thought there was some sort of half man half beast creature that looked after the nymphs. Perhaps I was mistaken." He took in a few more puffs before speaking again, "I travel now to find rare metals that can be forged into some very nice equipment or weapons."

Lunita nodded, "Creating fire in your fingers? Maybe one of these days, I'll show you how but if you do not have magic in you at all it might not be possible." She shrugged. "For now, it's getting late. I think we should all get some sleep." Lunita stood up and went to get her room key.

"No, my clan didn't have a satyr, nor a satyress, but perhaps other clans do. They are much like the Pied Piper though," Sakura said, as she considered his reason for travelling, "I left home to study culture, but it's backfired on me, clearly. I think your reason is of more importance than mine." She knew many species found military equipment of importance, but her own were not such people.

"It's okay. Fire and fingers probably won't work very well together anyway," Marcos grinned, "I'm cool with getting to live hundreds of lives." He often found his lack of magic as a disappointment to many he met, both supernatural and human. It was the fact that they would expect him to do things other than change his appearance. Humans could do that if they were good enough stylists.

Weylin shook his head, "No lass, traveling for knowledge is one of the most important journeys. Then again, you are speaking to a Dwarf that does not usually like to go further than the entry halls of my clan. There are many cultures on this planet. Go find them, lass."

Lunita managed a slight grin. She had lived enough lifetimes already. She was handed her room key, bowing her head slightly to the lady that provided her lodging. Before she left, she looked at Marcos, "Magic and immortality is not as wondrous as it may seem. What is that Human saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side." With that, Lunita went to find her room. It was not a large room, in fact it was quite small. There was a bed, and right now that is all that mattered. Next to the bed was a small table with a lamp. Lunita closed her door, then went over to collapse. It was going to be a very long hike to see the dragon, and she would need her energy.

"Perhaps, but a search for home is by far the greatest," Sakura shrugged, still not tempted to drink. It was a shame that she thought Weylin was somehow kinder when he was drunk. She didn't want to sleep yet, as she saw Marcos and Lunita bed down for the night. She wanted to take everything in, she had to remember as much as possible, so she could write it down later. "Why do the other two travel?"

Shortly after Lunita retired to her room, Marcos decided he would too. He thanked the lady and entered a similar room, with a single bed and a set of drawers, with a lightbulb above his head. The room was not used often, it seemed, but he and Lunita had traveled a long way and he was eager to sleep. It was an escape. "Goodnight, Marcos," he whispered to himself as he wrapped the duvet around him, cacooning himself and closing his eyes.

Weylin shook his head, "That Elf wants to lose her heritage." He took a few more swigs of his drink, burping out a bit as he set the mug down, "What a waste. She thinks the artifact she is after is going to fix all of her family problems." He leaned back in his chair, "As for the boy, I don't remember. I think he is just going for the adventure part of things. Either that, or he has a crush on that Elf. I wouldn't waste time with her. She clearly has issues."

"That's very sad that she doesn't want to be part of her family anymore," Sakura said, her voice told him she was thinking carefully about that. "It's one of the things that makes an individual who they are. At least, that's what I think." She thought about Marcos and his motive. "I thought he was protective or something. Though I now think your adventure idea is a good one. He seems to like having fun, doesn't he?"

Weylin nodded, "Aye Lass, but truth be known a family can either define a person or destroy them. That Elf has a fire in her spirit. One that is not willing to be caged." He finished his drink, setting the empty pint on the table. He did not ask for another. "As for the Shape Shifter, he does enjoy his fun. He may enjoy it to the detriment of all of us. What I mean to say, Lass is that he enjoys having too much fun. One of these days, he may end up angering the wrong sort." He shook his head, "Poor Lad just wants to fit in but he doesn't realize that to do so he just has to be true to himself."

He stood then, a bit wobbly but still able to walk without falling. "Forgive me but daybreak will soon come and we will need a bit of rest before we continue." He struggled to walk to his room but did end up managing to get there. He fumbled with the key for a few moments while cursing under his breath. The door opened once closed, he locked it. He struggled to get to the bed. Once his head hit the pillow, he began to snore.

"It's fine, goodnight," Sakura said, she felt tired herself, and she asked for the key, which surprised the woman. It was hard to have the key handed to her, so she eventually took it out the woman's hands. She never really thought about it before but Sakura realised stealing would be so easy. At least, it would be in her current state.

She went to bed but she couldn't sleep, her mind was evaluating a plan. They couldn't mess up, and she might be exhausted in the morning but she couldn't help that.

When Marcos was asleep, he had dreams, many nightmares squashed together into one. He tossed and turned, but he couldn't wake up, stuck in dreamland until sunrise.

The dreams were in a cold, mountainous area much like the one they had travelled across and he ran, but it was of no help, it was in circles, and he had conversations. About trust, loyalty, about him, tormenting, commenting, flattery and threats. It frightened him, he stirred in the bed.

Weylin slept for about two hours before he woke. It was approaching dawn. He grumbled as he grabbed his head. He wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, if he did there would be no waking up in time to leave with the others. He took out a dagger from his pack, sharpening it. This was his favorite weapon. He knew that he would need to use it at some point so he placed it at his side. He would have to make a stop at the hall to grab his axe, and possibly his bow.

Lunita struggled out of bed as she saw the first signs of light. She grabbed her bow and headed out of her room. She walked to the bar area and could smell breakfast cooking. Her mouth watered, the scents making her stomach growl.

Sakura hadn't slept. She couldn't sleep, at all. When Lunita and Weylin left the room, she greeted them, ready to eat but not wanting to seem rude. She sounded tired, as if she could barely keep herself awake, but she didn't want anybody to worry about her. At the sight of their weapons, she worried, since she was defenceless, but wasn't sure she'd be picking a fight anyway, since she was unseen.

Marcos woke up late, and threw himself out of bed. He imagined himself tidy, and it happened. "Good morning," he said, cheerily, and hungrily. He had to get used to getting little food, if he wanted live long enough in the journey. It wasn't all fun and games. At least, that's how everybody else put it across.

Weylin hardly said anything as he sat at a table. In a few moments his breakfast was in front of him. He waved to the others to join him. His head pounded from the amount of drinking he had done. One of the ladies brought out three more plates of food for the others. Lunita sat next to Weylin. "Good morning. I hope you all got some rest, we're going to travel quite a distance." She grabbed a slice of toast with jam, nibbling on it. "If we leave soon, we will get to the dragon's lair by early evening." She put the toast down and took a few sips of coffee.

"What? Oh, yes, yes," Sakura said, though she hadn't been listening and would've replied like that anyway. She nodded, for a moment forgetting her physical sake. Marcos nodded also, "I don't think I'll have a problem since there's this food," he ate soon after his statement, savouring every bite. Sakura fingered her food, quiet apart from clinking of her cutlery in the few times they collided during her breakfast.

Weylin signaled that he wanted another cup of coffee, so the lady brought over a pot full. He filled his cup then emptied it three times after that. "We will have to stop at my home so we can gear up." He noticed Lunita's glance then sighed, "Just in case." He started shoving food in his mouth, traces of breakfast being left on his beard.

Lunita nodded, "Yes, but I do not want the dragon believing that we are there with violent intentions. The less hostile we appear, the more likely it will be that she will allow us to have one of her scales." She noticed Sakura's sleepiness, the way she seemed to be struggling with her breakfast. "Sakura, I need to be sure that you will be able to keep up. If anything happens, and we do not know, we will not be able to help you."

"I'm fine, I'm just," she swallowed before a yawn could escape, "Nervous, I guess," she began eating quicker so she would no longer be bothered. She knew Lunita was smart, but she hoped she was also smart enough to get the message. Marcos glanced at the empty chair, "I will never get used to floating forks," making sure he swallowed before speaking so he didn't come across as rude. He didn't seem to be the biggest favourite of Weylin, and he kinda wanted him around. He turned to look at Lunita, "Besides, if she was so mean she wouldn't hang out in a cave all the time." He didn't really consider any other fact.

Lunita already spoke to Sakura about being left behind so dropped the conversation. She was eating quicker now and that was good enough for Lunita. She shook her head after hearing what Marcos had to say, "Dragons are not just hiding in their caves, they are guarding them. Many dragons have treasure that they do not want stolen. Even though, that treasure was stolen by the dragon. If she has eggs in that cave, she won't leave. Dragons can be very aggressive and are very territorial."

Weylin nodded, "Aye, very territorial. Which is why I don't think she is just going to allow us to waltz on in! We need to have weapons and armor decent enough to take her down." He stared Lunita down, "Do you honestly believe she will not try to attack us?"

Lunita stared just as fiercely as Weylin, "I believe that if we do not enter that cave with the intent of attacking that she will allow us to enter." She giggled, "She may even ask if you are willing to share the rest of your breakfast that clings to that beard of yours." Weylin quickly used his arms to wipe himself off with a huff.

"Territorial, hmm..." Sakura noted that so she could write it in her book once she got it back. "Then I'm guessing she does have eggs. Perhaps if all goes wrong, one can distract by 'stealing' an egg as the others take a scale?" she did air quotes at 'stealing.'

Marcos laughed at everybody arguing, "Relax. There's one of her and four of us. What's the worst that could happen?" He didn't see the stare Sakura had gave him or her dropped jaw. None of them did, but that didn't prevent her from pulling her shocked face.

"She could tear us apart. Weylin is right. We might need kit later on in the journey anyway. Though it might weigh us down." She frowned. "Slowing us down, though which risk is greater?" She wanted a genuine answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.