Arranged Marriage

"Mortals are weaklings. The only thing you mortals know how to do, is procreate, steal, and wage war. Most of the gods want nothing to do with mortals. Some like being worshiped and others want to control all mortals. Me, I just want companions in my eternal life, but even humans die in the end," she said. "My sister hates human males. She thinks men are only good for procreating. That is why her army is mostly women. She only has one offering, because your wife's father thought if he pleased her, she would not kill him or his people. She offered him protection and she took his wife's soul. The twins, one being your wife, are her offerings. Your wife being the youngest, is the most desired to Libitina because she is the one who would bring her the offering she needs. She needs a male offering to be able to bring her first born back," she said explaining things to him.

He lets out low growls at such demeaning words. But what did he expect from her anyway."That bitch will not have my son. Not for her twisted rituels. Take me, train me. Use me i dont care, but allow my vengence and allow me my son." He utters softly, holding out his hand towards her. He has everything to gain and almost nothing left to loose.

She nods her head and when her hand touches his, the room spins and spins and a cold chill went down his spine. The room stopped and they were in a large training room. In the far corner was a smithing area. "First you will make a weapon worthy of you battle," she said, the shadows coming to her and when they fell away, she wore simple pants and a tunic. "Come," she said, walking to the area. She pulled on gloves and began lifting wood into the fire. "Magic would make it simple, but nothing is ever done simply," she said.

He nods, understanding this."At least this i can grasp. Handmade is much better than a mockery." He says copying her moovements with a certain zeal. He will obey her...for now.

Once the fire is hot enough, she pulls out three blocks of metal. "Which one is needed to create an enchanted sword?" she asked looking at him

He eyes the ore carefully. Listining for the one that calls out to him."The elven darksteel milady." He says keeping his eyes closed and pointing to the ore on the left.

She looks at him. "Are you sure?" she asked him once more.

He nods."It calls to me and makes the magic in my veigns sing. Will it be strong enough?"

She nods her head. She then did something odd, she lifted the other two metals away from the elven material and the same 'call' it was giving off stopped completely. "Do you feel the same?" she asked him.

The fallen lord walks around the metal in a perfect circle, his brow furrowed in concentration."i cannot find it anymore, it called to me before and now it does not, What does this mean goddess?" He asks politley, looking to a mroe experienced user of magics for assistance.

She places the metals that had been there before and the call returns. "It means, the metals are one in the same, in order for one to call to you, you need the others to guide it. The first thing you need to learn as a warrior of magic, is Humility is not your weakness but your strength. Arrogance and too much power is your weakness," she said. She waved her hand and the metals melded together. "This will make the blade, now to pick the metals for the hilt," she said moving around the table and opening a door. Inside wear various creatures all made of different materials.

He nods, takeing in her words and remembering them. He accepts this soloution and follows her without complaint. He passes by the griffin, scorpion. And the snake before comeing to the Pegasi."This one milady, do you have wisdom to impart upon me here as well?" He inquires softly.

"Each creature has the power of a few elements. The one you have chosen is one of the few I would have suggested. It has power over light, wind and cold," she said.

He bows to her."Thank you for your assistance." He says, he isnt overly subservient to her. However he follows her orders and knows when to shelve his pride.

"You still have to harvest the materials from it," she said. "That is for you to do. It will not give it willingly but you can not harm it," she said to him.

He nods understanding."So i cannot trick or fool it however if i can convince it it will allow me to harvest?"

"No, you must become its friend, a companion. You must remove the hate inside of you. You have to be able to become vulnerable and let it see through the walls around your heart. It is one the hardest creatures to harvest from, but what you receive is the best and what you need is the best," she said to him. She waved her hand and the other creatures went through portals and returned to their realms The winged horse was the only one that remained. "You will know when it accepts you when its horn turns from black to pure white," she said, pointing to the black horn that adorned the pegasus.

The dark man curses softly, Remove his hate filled walls? She sets impossible tasks. Still, he tries. He begins talking, without reservation to the beast of his entire life. Knowing nothing better to do he sits and waxes on for hours as he talks to the Pegasi. When he finally finishes he looks up. these are his words."Im not sure i know how to do what the goddess asks, or even if you understood a word of what ive said, However it feels suprisingly good just to talk. Thank you for listining." He says to the pegasui. Funny, a month ago he probably would have killed it first.

The horse watched him and listened. It kneeled down to him and the horn on its head turned from black to grey. He was close but he needed to just let go before it would turn white.

Hesitantly, he begins to pet the great beast, he knows not why. He just knows that he probably should."I have no apples to give thee, i would though. You certainly deserve them for listining to my sombre story." He says softly almost cooing into its ear.