Anyone up for a Pokémon RP?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Special treatment and rocketing it up to godlike status is different. The fact of the matter remains that Pikachu is a really bad pokemon and no one besides 5 year olds who don't understand stats and type matchups use it. Additionally, any potential mega form of it would just be an agility-spammer, so the mega form wouldn't get used because there will always be better options for every situation.

It's all based on how you play, train your pikachu right and you can even eat ground type, such as the move discharge it still has the ability to hurt ground type, why i the IDK, but train any pokemon and they can be good, so don't say any pokemon is bad.

Discharge doesn't damage ground types. Plus, even if it did, I'd like to see you try putting your pikachu's pathetic defensive stats up against a fully evolved pokemon of any type matchup that electric isn't resistant to - and electric is rubbish for resistances.

Some pokemon are just inherently bad. There's no other way to put it.

Discharge doesn't damage ground types. Plus, even if it did, I'd like to see you try putting your pikachu's pathetic defensive stats up against a fully evolved pokemon of any type matchup that electric isn't resistant to - and electric is rubbish for resistances.

Some pokemon are just inherently bad. There's no other way to put it.

You're forgetting that some Pikachu can lean Grass Knot :3

But honestly I don't judge Pokemon by being 'bad or good'. I just play the game, choose a team I like, have fun, and stay the hell away from the uber-competitive side of things (because whenever people start talking EV's and whatnot I'm like 'Cool, you do that. I'm just focused on catching them all').

Realistically though, train any Pokemon and it can rock the crap out of your battle.

And to honestly tell the truth, Pikachu's been on my team since Red back when it came out. Not because I think it's a fantastic Pokemon for battle (which I've found it can be), but because I play with the Pokemon I like. He's always headed my team and probably will until I stop playing.

Lol, true. As long as my pokemon can still defeat the solo campaign (and any of my friends), I'm happy. I don't do too much in the competitive side of things. Fortunately for me, most of my favourite pokemon tend to also be pretty strong ones. Imagine how overjoyed I was when my Shiny Gardevoir that's spearheaded my endgame team since Emerald received a badass Mega Evolution :D And when that Mega Evolution turned out to have the strongest offensive abilities this side of 2000. Fairy-Type Hyper Beam made one of my friends (who loved dragon types) refuse to battle me until I promised to not use Gardevoir against her :D

Haha that's true. Mega Evolutions are pretty great :3

Special treatment and rocketing it up to godlike status is different. The fact of the matter remains that Pikachu is a really bad pokemon and no one besides 5 year olds who don't understand stats and type matchups use it. Additionally, any potential mega form of it would just be an agility-spammer, so the mega form wouldn't get used because there will always be better options for every situation.
Dat light ball doh.

It can be pretty useful in doubles if you can use it right.

EDIT: By the way, this is full, right? ^_^''

Dat light ball doh.

It can be pretty useful in doubles if you can use it right.

EDIT: By the way, this is full, right? ^_^''

Yeah, sorry. If we have any dropouts then I'll let you know

Do we have the OOC yet? did I miss it?

I figured out my team ^u^

Cyndaquil
Nidoran
Mareep

So, any news on the OOC?

Still working on it, been really busy as of late

Understood. As long as it's not been forgotten :D

Working to have the OoC up for tomorrow! Sorry it's taken so long everyone!

Reactions: AmerillaRose
Status
Not open for further replies.