Anyone up for a Pokémon RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you still taking people? I call bulbasaur! ^w^

Bulbasaur's already taken, I believe.

But yeah, you can join. You'll be the last accepted person (for sure).

Oh, okay. I'll think of another starter then. Do you happen to have a list of taken starters?

I think most of the Grass/Water types are taken, but the Fire starters seem to be untouched as of right now.

You're also allowed to build up your team of 8 Pokemon rather then begin with a singular Pokemon, just in case you didn't see that post (it's further into the thread, around the point where we began to organize the setting for the RP).

I'll work on my team a bit later, but may I have Cyndaquil?

Sure, I don't believe anyone's taken it ^^

Sweet! Thank you! I'll work on reading the rest of the thread so I'm up to date ^u^

I think most of the Grass/Water types are taken, but the Fire starters seem to be untouched as of right now.
I have Torchic locked in, remember?

Will shinys ever be allowed?

I'd say they are since they're just recoloured versions of Pokemon (and since I've got at least one in my team currently), but I would try to limit ourselves so we don't have a shiny overload (given the rarity of shinies).

I'll allow the option for everyone to have at LEAST one if they want, but I encourage you to not make a team of shinies (or provide me with a reason as to why you want more then one. I'm a pretty understanding guy, but I'd need a better response then 'because I think it looks cool').

Also, I'm currently working on a way to properly implement 'Mega Evolution' without it being broken (one idea is that it might only be a random occurance caused by the plot), but I'm also considering allowing everyone the option of giving their Pokemon (once they reach their final evolution, mind you) a Mega Evolution.

Okay, I was planing on only having one in my team ^u^

oooooh shinies and mega evolved pokemon then I want to capture a shiny gible later, he was already one of the pokemon I planned to catch anyways, so might as well kill three birds with one stone, he he he a mega stone. :3

But you all shall bow down to the might that is Mega Pikachu! (Because why doesn't the mascot of the company have one yet? Technically he's a final evolution since you need a stone to get Raichu, but you can also just give Raichu one. I'm pretty sure everyone wouldn't be bothered, primarily since Pikachu is kind of his own entity at this point).

Kidding with that first comment, by the way. I'll make sure things between us all don't get OP :3

Also, anyone have thoughts on wether or not we should skip the resident Pokemon professor for this region? I might just bring back Oak as a travelling Prof since I suspect he'd have nothing else to do but study Pokemon in the field after the Pokedex was filled out.

That's makes sense for him ^u^

But you all shall bow down to the might that is Mega Pikachu! (Because why doesn't the mascot of the company have one yet? Technically he's a final evolution since you need a stone to get Raichu, but you can also just give Raichu one. I'm pretty sure everyone wouldn't be bothered, primarily since Pikachu is kind of his own entity at this point).

Kidding with that first comment, by the way. I'll make sure things between us all don't get OP :3

Also, anyone have thoughts on wether or not we should skip the resident Pokemon professor for this region? I might just bring back Oak as a travelling Prof since I suspect he'd have nothing else to do but study Pokemon in the field after the Pokedex was filled out.
I think we need a new tree for this kind of pokemon profession
yes including prof. Sycamore
pokemon-professors_o_1754521.jpg

You can't consider pokemon that require stones to evolve further as final evolutions... plus, Pikachu is really weak. Even as a Mega, it'd only be as strong as an average Raichu anyway.

Also, to prevent more people wandering in and having to deny them, you should update the thread title to say "Closed" or "Full" or something.

You can't consider pokemon that require stones to evolve further as final evolutions... plus, Pikachu is really weak. Even as a Mega, it'd only be as strong as an average Raichu anyway.

Also, to prevent more people wandering in and having to deny them, you should update the thread title to say "Closed" or "Full" or something.

True, but he's also the only Pokemon (as of Gen 6) to get a real voice as opposed to the 8-bit roars we've heard in the past. They're obviously giving him a bit of special treatment, so suggesting a Mega Evolution wouldn't be too Farfetch'd I think (forgive me for that pun :3)

And I'll add a note to the top of the thread so people know it's closed.

Reactions: mango
Also, I'll try to have the OoC up this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.