Anyone up for a Harry Potter RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so the RP is leaning towards being in modern times as well as new enemies? ^^ I love the concept of the foreign governments but how do you suppose we add them to the plot? I haven't thought about the possibility of needing to travel in and out of Hogwarts yet. So if anyone has any ideas, shoot~ ;p

hmm i'd rather not go out of hogwarts since i want that mythical feeling and carry the same amazingness that the movies were

Maybe Hogwarts is getting lots of foreign transfers because it's one of the largest wizardry schools? Hahaha, it would make sense for students to not use British lingo/slang. Also, I agree, I like the idea of attending Hogwarts.

For example, maybe a foreign exchange student program? (or something of likeness) So its agreed that we'll keep the RP strictly in Hogwarts (other areas like the Forbidden Forest, Godric's Hollow, Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, etc. and other reasonably magical places are allowed as well ^^).

Oh of course keeping it in Hogwarts sounds like the best way to go! New enemies are fun as well!

i think the villain should have a new intention like destroying hogwarts because he wasn't accepted there or something

Yes, I agree with the villain having different goal other than enslaving humanity but it needs to be broader. Something that affects the humans and wizards in foreign countries if we still want to include the other wizard governments in there ^^

Maybe the issue could deal more with conflicts between humans and wizards/witches. For instance, I thought Hogwarts could accept transfer students because other schools were taken down by human authority across the globe. I guess they'd be refugees in a sense.

Reactions: Powerless_
How about we have it so the villain (again, I'd be glad to be him) wanted to wipe out all non-wizards and all mudbloods to make the world "pure"? It would definitely add an odd twist to all of the new gen ideas. What do you guys think?

So many great ideas, so hard to choose from.

I say that we at least try to combine a mixture of everyone's awesome ideas, somehow. But that's just me.

I like the idea that there is a villian trying to wipe out the impure. That's a cool concept!

In short the human's now know about the wizard society and is slowly breaking it down from the outside. Then comes along a 'purest' who wants to basically finish what voldemort started but with the total eradication of both the mudbloods and humans. He/she would gain easy followers since I'm sure most wizards at this point would harbor some type of grudge against humans. What type of effects would this have on the magical side of the world though? Will the ministry of magic still be in control or are human governments running the show now? (DISCUSS ;p)Also is this the type of plot you guys want because feel free to add anything you like/don't like or would like to add~

That seems so Salazar like. It's even close enough to the Dark Lord's character to be interesting.

I must say I don't think trying to incorporate all ideas will be very successful. Something without a focus usually doesn't last long.

In my opinion humans threatening wizards and witches and all the magical creatures that stand with them seem a bit unplausible. The magical community is far stronger as a whole. Also, some student blowing the secret is unlikely. Think of all the havoc the Dark Lord caused and even the fact that Ron's car was spotted once. The Ministry is very efficient in their cover ups. After all there are forgetting spells.

Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
True! So really the only way human's could find out about wizards is if they wanted them to or a large amount of muggles, too many to successfully erase all their separate memories would see magic being performed (even then there are still the skeptics). For now we can discuss the 'new dark lord' after we flesh out the setting for this story (other than hogwarts of course). There has to be a reason why foreign magical societies are now getting involved with each other.

The only known reason I can think of that wizarding societies from different countries would get involved, as you say, is the Triwizard tournament. Durmstrang being Russian or a similar type of place, Hogwarts British and the other French. The tournament is held every five years after all. Depending on the time we intend to play in, the next tournament would be 2014 and then '19.

Also, an interesting bit from the wiki.

"According to Remus Lupin, attendance at Hogwarts by British students is not mandatory; they may be home schooled by their parents, or sent to another magical school (this rule was changed during the 1997–1998 school year, but was presumably restored after the demise of Voldemort). It is likely this extended to Lucius Malfoy's also expressed interest in his son attending the Durmstrang Institute."

Logically it seems likely this extends to students from other countries who don't want to attend their local wizarding schools. That or their parents have other ideas. So in the end it wouldn't be too odd to find children who don't use the British "lingo" and it gives a chance for the foreign idea to take place. Perhaps a magical dignitary's girl or boy attends Hogwarts. For personal or political reasons.

I like those ideas, maybe we could have it start out as a Triwizard, and just after it ends, the villain rises and some of the foreign are asked to stay?​

Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Hello. I was wondering, is this RP only for 5-6 people, or are more welcome to join? I understand if you don't want more than six to join, or want to wait until the story is figured out before accepting new players. But if more can join, either while planning or once it gets started, I'd like to join. :)

Hello. I was wondering, is this RP only for 5-6 people, or are more welcome to join? I understand if you don't want more than six to join, or want to wait until the story is figured out before accepting new players. But if more can join, either while planning or once it gets started, I'd like to join. :)
Ah you can definitely join~ ^^ I just wanted 5-6 people to start discussing so welcome aboard :)

Alright so who agrees on the triwizard tournament idea or if anyone else would like to add to it?

Reactions: Powerless_
Sorry for dying on everyone, I wanted to get some shut eye because I had an important exam today. Everything that has been discussed is fine with me. I'm excited to start. Will there be any rules for our characters? Should they be in the same year or different ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.