Anyone up for a Harry Potter RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mglo the only problem trying to get them on the bad side is that my whole reason for rising is my hatred for muggles/mudbloods, so I want to make an 'alpha' race of purebloods/halflings (but not muggle/wizard breeds, previously stated). So it would be more probable that the half-giant would be with me. Just letting you know so you don't try to get them in with me :D

No worries. Like I said, I just copy and pasted them into docs as I first created them. Once I make my choice I'm going to play around with them a bit and edit them to fit this RP. So if I end up picking the twins I would, of course, make them pure-bloods.

Although the idea of having a half-giant bad guy sounds pretty darn cool (esp since he's from a pure-blood family), that guy's personality would be very difficult to twist towards the dark side... it's possible! but it would require circumstance (i.e. everyone showing prejudice towards him for being a half-breed, and the future bad guy being the first to accept him and fill his head with ideas of him not being faulty but everyone else being the ones that are wrong and so on).

The twins on the other hand would be easy to shift to the dark side, and I wouldn't need help from anybody to do it. This would allow me to be more integral to the plot from the beginning than being dragged by it.

So really, it's more a question of if I go with the good guys or the bad.

So, you got me to stick my head in. The least I could do is express my interest~!

No worries. Like I said, I just copy and pasted them into docs as I first created them. Once I make my choice I'm going to play around with them a bit and edit them to fit this RP. So if I end up picking the twins I would, of course, make them pure-bloods.

Although the idea of having a half-giant bad guy sounds pretty darn cool (esp since he's from a pure-blood family), that guy's personality would be very difficult to twist towards the dark side... it's possible! but it would require circumstance (i.e. everyone showing prejudice towards him for being a half-breed, and the future bad guy being the first to accept him and fill his head with ideas of him not being faulty but everyone else being the ones that are wrong and so on).

The twins on the other hand would be easy to shift to the dark side, and I wouldn't need help from anybody to do it. This would allow me to be more integral to the plot from the beginning than being dragged by it.

So really, it's more a question of if I go with the good guys or the bad.
Which side are you leaning towards as of late? The twins could work since there is a 2 character per person limit. Then again if you did have the giant then you can just power play both sides by making a good and an evil one ;p

So, you got me to stick my head in. The least I could do is express my interest~!
Lol then welcome aboard ;p (if you decide to stick around that is).

I have a couple of questions and suggestions. :)

Questions
Year - Have we decided what year the story takes place in?
Start - At what point in the school year will we start? First school day? Morning of September 1st?

Suggestions
Patronus - If the character could make a full Patronus, what would it be?
Boggart - If the character ran into a Boggart, what would it become?

I have a couple of questions and suggestions. :)

Questions
Year - Have we decided what year the story takes place in?
Start - At what point in the school year will we start? First school day? Morning of September 1st?

Suggestions
Patronus - If the character could make a full Patronus, what would it be?
Boggart - If the character ran into a Boggart, what would it become?
Answers:
Year: Several years from when the Golden Trio defeated Lord Voldemort.
Start: When we're going into the hogwarts express

Suggestions:
Nice idea for the patronus I'll definitely be adding that in there :)
As for the boggart, that would just go under the 'fear' option and I guess you can just make it up if the situation ever arises ^^

Answers:
Year: Several years from when the Golden Trio defeated Lord Voldemort.
Start: When we're going into the hogwarts express

Suggestions:
Nice idea for the patronus I'll definitely be adding that in there :)
As for the boggart, that would just go under the 'fear' option and I guess you can just make it up if the situation ever arises ^^
yeah i have so much to get caught up on, which movie should i start with? should i watch the full series, i have seen it about two years ago but i have bad memory

yeah i have so much to get caught up on, which movie should i start with? should i watch the full series, i have seen it about two years ago but i have bad memory
I would just recommend watching the whole thing again from the top but if not I would go with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and just go from there ^^

I would just recommend watching the whole thing again from the top but if not I would go with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and just go from there ^^
alright ill try watching all of them

Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Which side are you leaning towards as of late? The twins could work since there is a 2 character per person limit. Then again if you did have the giant then you can just power play both sides by making a good and an evil one ;p
What do you mean? Do you mean playing the giant and one of the twins to play both sides?
I could do that... in the twins storyline one of the dies when they're older but I suppose I could always kill one off early on to drive the other to the bad side.

To answer your first question, I was leaning towards the bad side just cause it's bad D: not so much for the character choice.

What do you mean? Do you mean playing the giant and one of the twins to play both sides?
I could do that... in the twins storyline one of the dies when they're older but I suppose I could always kill one off early on to drive the other to the bad side.

To answer your first question, I was leaning towards the bad side just cause it's bad D: not so much for the character choice.
Oh let me rephrase it then. What I meant was that you can either play as the giant which would ultimately leave you one more room to make another which can side with the bad side (or have both of them go to the bad side). Or you could choose to play as the two twins which means you'll be playing two characters on the bad side ^^ You can do your own thing though and I look forward to whatever you do come up with :)

About the Boggart thing, I think something like that would be more suited for being revealed IC. More interesting that way, if ever such a situation arises.

Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Oh let me rephrase it then. What I meant was that you can either play as the giant which would ultimately leave you one more room to make another which can side with the bad side (or have both of them go to the bad side). Or you could choose to play as the two twins which means you'll be playing two characters on the bad side ^^ You can do your own thing though and I look forward to whatever you do come up with :)
Okay Thanks!
Since I was leaning towards bad, I was thinking of taking the easy way out and using the twins (bad x2). But our conversation has gotten me thinking. I'll think on it.

lol welcome anyone who joined in. As to your suggestions @Tatsua Aiisen, I like that, for it gives a great way to show a weakness.

I'm pretty sure we've got everything or at least most of everything figured out. Who's ready/not ready to start this RP? I'll be getting the Signups thread up soon though just as a heads up :)

Hey, I apologize for not being involved this past week. It's not often I get to spend holidays with family, so everything was very time consuming. Can I still fill out a CS?

catching up on my HP at the moment, won't be doing the IC till i rewatch most of them

That's good, I feel a little overwhelmed reading over all the comments I missed!

Status
Not open for further replies.