Anyone up for a Harry Potter RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea. Do you have a CS you would like filled out?
Thank you ^^ and yea but a really rough sketch of it ^^; I'll post it now if you guys want to see it but its possibly going to go under heavy revisions later on.

Character Sheet

General
DoB
(Date of Birth):
Profession (we're going to be first years so consider this your future occupation or just leave it "Undecided" if you really don't know):
Race (Half Veela/werewolf/maybe you've got a little bit of giant in you ;p):

Appearance

[Picture Here (real life, cartoon, drawing, or anime)]

Eyes:
Haircolor:
Height:
Body type:
Description
(2 sentences is all thats needed for this one but a paragraph would be wonderful :) ):

Skill and Abilities
Weapons: (basically means are they good at handling sword, rapier, or anything else not magical. Ex: maybe you go hunting with your dad and you know how to handle a gun something like that)
Skills: (this is more for non-magical skills and more for physical attributes)
Talents: (Ex: fast learner/intelligent/quick thinker)
Magical Enhancements: (parseltongue, maybe you great at occlumency/legilimency? That being said I don't everyone to be reading everyones mind or suddenly speaking to snakes ^^;) You can put "None" here too.

Personal
Dreams:
(what do you hope to achieve?)
Fears:
Habits:
Hobbies:
Personality:

History
Family:
Friends:
Enemies:
Bio:

Sorry it took so long but here you go :)

Good to see you have a rough example up. First thing I notice there isn't a spot for though is a name.

Suggestions on changing it though. I might add blood-status. Also Hogwarts house, unless you have some way you'd like to determine it. Perhaps wand as well.

I know you're just probably trying to make it as extensive as possible, but a picture kind of make the rest of the appearance info redundant. Make so it is perhaps optional between the two? At the moment I can't see a difference between skills and talents.

I also think friends and enemies is a bit useless since everyone is a first year abd has yet to really make acquaintances. Lastly, though this is entirely my own feeling towards it, habits and hobbies should still be allowed to develop more IC. They're 11-12 year old in first year. I'm not really sure I even had fixed hobbies at that age. Still at the experiment all to see what one enjoys.

Anyway, can't wait for the official OOC thread to be made.

• Thank You
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Good to see you have a rough example up. First thing I notice there isn't a spot for though is a name.
Suggestions on changing it though. I might add blood-status. Also Hogwarts house, unless you have some way you'd like to determine it. Perhaps wand as well.
I know you're just probably trying to make it as extensive as possible, but a picture kind of make the rest of the appearance info redundant. Make so it is perhaps optional between the two? At the moment I can't see a difference between skills and talents.
I also think friends and enemies is a bit useless since everyone is a first year abd has yet to really make acquaintances. Lastly, though this is entirely my own feeling towards it, habits and hobbies should still be allowed to develop more IC. They're 11-12 year old in first year. I'm not really sure I even had fixed hobbies at that age. Still at the experiment all to see what one enjoys.
Anyway, can't wait for the official OOC thread to be made.
Thank you for the input! Oh and yea I just realized I forgot to add the name in there ^^; I'll be definitely adding the blood status/houses/wands. As for the skills its more for physical skills (ex: good at running, knows how to swim) and Talents are more for the non-magical version of Magical Enhancements like are they good at breaking codes, experience with animals, and or a secret genius that type of thing.

Thank you for the input! Oh and yea I just realized I forgot to add the name in there ^^; I'll be definitely adding the blood status/houses/wands. As for the skills its more for physical skills (ex: good at running, knows how to swim) and Talents are more for the non-magical version of Magical Enhancements like are they good at breaking codes, experience with animals, and or a secret genius that type of thing.
i really need to rewatch the series lol

i really need to rewatch the series lol
Take your time then ;p pretty sure its gonna take you like 2 days though unless you speed run through the movie xP

It looks like anything I would've said about the CS has already been addressed. ^-^ (Also, I totally agree about add blood status.)

Oh, I wanted to ask, should we maybe come up with a list of character-related things that we either should or shouldn't do, as well as what we should let develop through the story? For example, we probably wouldn't want to have any of our characters start as Animagi. I don't see any way that a child would keep up the motivation to do that. However, I could totally see that developing over the course of the story. :)

It looks like anything I would've said about the CS has already been addressed. ^-^ (Also, I totally agree about add blood status.)
Oh, I wanted to ask, should we maybe come up with a list of character-related things that we either should or shouldn't do, as well as what we should let develop through the story? For example, we probably wouldn't want to have any of our characters start as Animagi. I don't see any way that a child would keep up the motivation to do that. However, I could totally see that developing over the course of the story. :)
Ah that could be put under the Magical Enhancements~ You can just put in parenthesis that they haven't developed it yet or you could let it be discovered as your RPing. I just want these things to be bulleted down now for future ref. so that everyone suddenly has the same powers over night ^^;

So, I'm using it on my other RP, but what if we incorperated the CS into a tabbed post (ill post a pic of the bb code and the example area where I found it. And I agree, adding in wand/blood status would be a good idea, even if we wait to add it until they say it in the RP. I would also think that if your family was a branch of a famous one that there should be a section for that?
here is that pic:
Screenshot (1).png

Character Sheet

• Name:
    DoB (Date of Birth):
    Profession (we're going to be first years so consider this your future occupation or just leave it "Undecided" if you really don't know):
    Race (Half Veela/werewolf/maybe you've got a little bit of giant in you ;p):
    Wand type:
    HOGWARTS HOUSE:

• (You can choose either providing a picture or doing a written description of your character unless you want to do both ;p Or if you have a picture with a blue eyed person but you want to have brown eyes just type that you have brown eyes in the description)

[Picture Here (real life, cartoon, drawing, or anime)]

Eyes:
    Haircolor:
    Height:
    Body type:
    Description (2 sentences is all thats needed for this one but a paragraph would be wonderful :) ):

• Weapons: (basically means are they good at handling sword, rapier, or anything else not magical. Ex: maybe you go hunting with your dad and you know how to handle a gun something like that)
    Skills: (this is more for non-magical skills and more for physical attributes. OPTIONAL)
    Talents: (Ex: fast learner/intelligent/quick thinker. OPTIONAL)
    Magical Enhancements: (parseltongue, maybe you're great at occlumency/legilimency? That being said I don't everyone to be reading everyones mind or suddenly speaking to snakes ^^; Also if there are any enhancements you think are rare just PM me and we'll talk about it) You can put "None" here too.

Dreams: (what do you hope to achieve?)
    Fears:
    Habits:
    Hobbies(OPTIONAL):
    Personality:
    Patronus:

• (You can chat amongst yourselves if you want your characters to be friends/enemies in the future or start off as either right from that bat. In that case have a history prepared about what happened since you can't just start hating each other out of the blue ;p)

Blood Status:
    Family:
    History of Family (OPTIONAL. If they are famous purebloods or had been a death eater at some point):
    Friends(OPTIONAL):
    Enemies(OPTIONAL):
    Bio:

Alright I think I pretty much addressed everything in this kind of final draft of it. So if theres still something missing that I should add or just something wrong with it in general feel free to point it out~ :)​

Last edited:
Hey, anyone want to have gone to the same school beforehand with me?

Hello, Just checking before I go and read four pages of discussion D:
Are sign ups still open?

Hello, Just checking before I go and read four pages of discussion D:
Are sign ups still open?
Yes, they are still up and running if you are interested ^^ Also if you want to be brought back to speed with everything without having to read through the discussions just ask :)

Please! That would be great D:

Update me >.<

EDIT: Nevermind! I was bored and went ahead and read everything!

Last edited:

Update me >.<
Ahaha alright. Also sorry for the late reply ^^" There really isn't much to remember mind you so you haven't missed much. Basically we are going to be starting a few years after the Gold Trio Time/Lord Volde and his reign of Green Sparkles. We are all going to be first years and advance through the grades from there. Also one of us, I believe its @Demonic, will be the main villain for the whole RP. You can choose to side with the evil or good side and I don't really care f its even or not but I would like atleast 2 people on either side just so one bad guy isn't trying to take down a billion good guys :P. The character sheet should be up and ready somewhere at the top of this page so feel to fill out to give us a bit of a rough draft of your character :) (none of us has done this by the way so its completely optional).

Update me >.<

EDIT: Nevermind! I was bored and went ahead and read everything!
Oh... XD I'm literally laughing way more than I should right now. Well if you need a review of anything just go ahead and skim through my comment then :P Welcome aboard ^^

Reactions: Mglo
Erm, I've roleplayed in one HP rp in the past so I have characters to choose from to recycle for this one.

I just need a little help choosing because one of them could be a good guy and the other two could easily end up being bad.

Just want to make sure I don't disturb the balance.
And speaking of balance, my good guy is half-giant which might be an issue if people have already made a half-breed because they're supposed to be extremely rare.

EDIT: XD so I guess it's up to me to make the choice since it sounds like I probably wouldn't disrupt the balance. Still, it'd be nice to hear your opinions if you have any.

Erm, I've roleplayed in one HP rp in the past so I have characters to choose from to recycle for this one.

I just need a little help choosing because one of them could be a good guy and the other two could easily end up being bad.

Just want to make sure I don't disturb the balance.
And speaking of balance, my good guy is half-giant which might be an issue if people have already made a half-breed because they're supposed to be extremely rare.

EDIT: XD so I guess it's up to me to make the choice since it sounds like I probably wouldn't disrupt the balance. Still, it'd be nice to hear your opinions if you have any.
No I welcome half-breeds with open arms :) In fact all of us can be half breeds since our amount altogether would be dwarfed by the overall population of the school anyways :P Also if you've already got a character sheet filled out with the character you don't have to put them into the format that I've given right now and you can go ahead just post them as they are. (though if you are going to use them just re-format it later when I get the IC up ^^)

Sounds good.

I have both of them in a docs: Here

They are exactly as I first made them, but I deleted some stuff (sorting ceremony, RP example and relationships) so it's not too daunting to read in case anyone is curious to in helping me make a choice.

Of course, once I pick I'll be doing the required editing to make them first years.

EDIT:
Half-breed would be a good guy.

Twins are complicated. I rp them as one character (sort of) and one of them for sure would be a baddie, but because I don't want to rp two separately moving charas the other twin would fade into the background while contributing to the baddie becoming bad. Their story gets very dark.
Also, I know they're muggles D: haha so I might have to play around with that to fit them into the bad side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.