Anyone up for a Harry Potter RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea thats what I forgot! And no problem, sleep is important ;p What years do you all want to be in? Unless of course some want to be in different years instead of staying to one specifically.

Well for the triwizard idea we would all have to be either old enough to join or just at least one of us. Though starting as first years and building a relationship with each other would make the story flow more naturally than just starting out as automatic friends.

For that reason, I also think it would be a good idea to start out as first years. Also, I agree that a student wouldn't be able to blow the magical world's cover. However, the muggle world seems much larger, so I can see non-magic users being a threat to magic users, especially if aided by undercover wizards. It might work for the "bad guy" to do something that makes tons of muggles realize magic exists at once. Maybe the "bad guy" is trying to use muggles' fear of wizards/witches to his/her advantage. Hmm, I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion on age. I can see pros and cons to both decisions.

I personally was in a very well developed roleplay, that started off in our character's first year. Though we didn't make it past fourth year, it was a great roleplay, and it took so many twists and turns. It made us really learn to love our characters and we grew along with them! It would be fun to see how relationships develop from that time, but if we want to make it so they could participate in the event..then we could make them older?

Another option would be to not focus on the tri-wizard tournament, I guess. However, if we do, I think the tournament would still impact younger students, just in a different way from those competing.

Yes. I never meant for us to actually participate in the tournament when I suggested it. It was just a way for other countries to be involved with each other.

First years is likely the best option. It's more realistic and would flow. Lets us get a feel for our characters and allows for more growth. Just because the first years can't participate, it doesn't mean the tournament would have no effect on them. They can still be spectators. Something horrid, like Diggory's death, can still happen. They can see the world of magic isn't just a world of wonder.

With that idea, what if we all(including me) were first years and we all became friends, then I somehow drop off the deep end?

Reactions: Powerless_
Then its a unanimous decision! We'll start out as first years then ^^ and the villain being part of the group for a while sounds like an interesting idea. Also since there are an even number of us, @Demonic would you mind having a partner in crime? (another villain ;p joining you or followers. Kind of like your own version of Death Eaters basically.). I feel like there should be somewhat of a balance between the good and the bad but there absolutely doesn't have to be. If you can handle controlling a bunch of NPCS as the 'baddies' or just riding it solo I'm completely okay with that ^^

I would enjoy having a lackey, it would add another view to the villain side

I would enjoy having a lackey, it would add another view to the villain side
Alright do you want to discuss some ideas for it or do you think you've already got something planned out? :)

this is gonna be great!

• Thank You
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
I'm not adverse to playing a bad guy. However, it might take a while for me to decide on my character's motivations for turning dark. It should be easier to come to a decision after we start role playing. Characters are fun when developed over time. I have a question, how will the RP progress? Will a certain number of days equal a year? Will there be specific events that happen each semester? There should be some structure.

I have some Ideas, but if you guys have better I am fine using that instead.

Well, my idea is that my father would be killed by muggles for using his powers. So in retaliation (and a bit of insanity) I want to rid the world of 'impurities'.

But he isnt killed until we are ready to introduce the bad guy.

I'm not adverse to playing a bad guy. However, it might take a while for me to decide on my character's motivations for turning dark. It should be easier to come to a decision after we start role playing. Characters are fun when developed over time. I have a question, how will the RP progress? Will a certain number of days equal a year? Will there be specific events that happen each semester? There should be some structure.
I was thinking about making a group chat where we can discuss what certain events that need to unfold first before the day is over or week, month, even an hour. We're really only going to make a list and not discuss what happens between said events so how we reach each one is completely up to you and your characters.
Well, my idea is that my father would be killed by muggles for using his powers. So in retaliation (and a bit of insanity) I want to rid the world of 'impurities'.
But he isnt killed until we are ready to introduce the bad guy.
Feel free to create your characters past however way you want it since you're going to be the villain after all ;p If theres anything that you feel like you should inform the group of first or anything that could alter the plot just shove it in here and we'll talk it over some digital coffee ^^

As for the bad/good guy ratio I don't really mind if its even or not anymore but I would like at least 2 for each side since I don't want one good guy fighting a billion bad guys ^^; There could be some neautral people though but eventually (towards the end) they would need to choose a side.

Status
Not open for further replies.