Animalia

Her hands were gliding over her body under the warm water of the laboratory. Stroking over her arms and then reaching over her chest which was shrouded by a number of reptilian-like scales. Letting out a gentle sigh whilst stroking the rest of her long black hair down her back and then brushing her wet hands right over her naked body once again. This woman didn't need to wear make-up to know that she was absolutely immaculate. There was a light call of her name from a woman in the cubicle next to her, in which her eyes rolled to the side at her beck and call and listened for another reply from the woman.. There was none. "What is it?" Cecile's voice hissed back in return with a light melodic tone to it too. Her accent unfamiliar to the people of the city, but understandable none the less.

Stepping out of the shower, naked and uncaring, she looked down to the woman with her hands over her patchy scaley body. The woman kept her eyes away from thermal image of Cecile's thin slit yellow eyes
"Well?" her voice rose a little and her head was lifted up awaiting a proper reply. The woman's voice shook a little as her eyes were kept away from Cecile's face.
"It's the experiments miss, they've.. well.. escaped." Her hands were fumbling and she began to apologise repeatedly. Her head was lifted up to see the ruthless smile spread along Cecile's face. Her head lowered and she let out a gentle laugh walking past the woman with her feet making slapping sounds on the cold tiles of the ground.

Cecile walked into the road of her Father's office who was smiling, his hands crossed over one another gently and he nodded at her entrance. She was still naked, but her scales were a cover for the explicit image to her own father's eyes.
"It worked? They fell for it right?..." Her voice was soft when speaking to her father, and he just nodded in reply to her. This was what they had been waiting for. The subjects to escape and finally learn about their abilities out in the wild, and their ability to survive. If Taint was successful with the experiment then it meant that the wars will be ending shortly, and defeat for the opposing countries will finally be at a coming. Cecile's laugh rang and then her father made a call to release the dogs..

Cecile left the room, to grab her coat. Let's see how these guinea pigs do.

Kendall smiled flirtatiously at Garrett, who's handsomeness was just starting to influence her.

"An oil rig, huh? whattya' know- a rhino that enjoys heavy lifting" she laughed.

The sun was setting and everything should have been getting dark, but kendalls eyes seemed to be adjusting. Could she see in the dark?

Caspian arched an eyebrow at Ruby but walked over and crouched next to her, giving her a quizzical look.

Garrett snorted a laugh.

"Yeah, something like that." He looked around, hoping to see signs of Ruby but his eyesight was just as bad as always.

'Oh well, can't have everything upgraded with this USB port on my neck.' He thought angrily. He hoped Ruby was making out OK with the sweater trick. He could hear dogs but since they were in a sort of basin it was hard to tell where the dogs were exactly.

"Kendall can you see what's going on? I have hit a ton of armadillos living in Texas but I don't actually know anything about them. Your eyesight good?"

" I feel as if i should take offense to that..." Kendall frowned, crossing her arms over her chest. She scanned their surroundings taking in the details of everything easily and quickly. "Yeah, i can see just fine. Come to think of it, the sun was giving me a headache..."
She swivled around on her knees, trying to look into the trees to find Ruby.
"She's out there... but theres someone else...I don't know why i know that" Kendall sniffed the air curiously. "Smells like company"

On her way out her hand raised up for the dual katana's which were rested upon the wall of her room. Stroking her hands over them her head was tilted aside and she took a glance of herself in the futuristic style mirror. Lifting the pad from the table beside her bed she tapped a couple of buttons and overlooked the images within the mirror of the surveillance camera's around the lab and the institute which was hidden far out from the coast, practically in the middle of nowhere. In fact, what she knew which the other's probably did not, was that they were on an island completely separate from the rest of the countries near by. Cecile laughed delicately and strokes her hands through her wet hair which she tied neatly into a strictly pulled back bun atop of her head. Swiping the Katana's down to her side and then flexing her wrists she twisted them around into the holster in her back. The tight suit was bullet proof and held a reflective lace over it which highlighted colour in the area onto her own catsuit, another camouflage enhancement, only, to her armor this time.

She lifted up her head and looked down to the assassin style clothing. Turning to the door of her abode and exiting it the automatic door shut lock and she began walking down the halls. Completely silent, she even tested out her blades, just to make sure they were sharp enough. Swinging them both from her back and performing an acrobatic flip along with the asset of her strength in her spine giving her the ability to shape her body up onto the wall and jump back down from the ceiling. In landing with barely a thud her swords collided with the side of a marble pillar and completely ribbed through several inches of the material leaving debris falling from the pillar, she grinned behind the masked and wiped the blade on the back of her sleeve. She was a walking machine, having had the training for this program, she was the SAAP (Secret, Animalistic, Alterations, Project)'s secret weapon.

This was the test, these mere
amateurs to their abilities were just another simple experiment. Could they get off of the island? Did they know what was about to come? So vulnerable.

She was surprised she hadn't smelled him coming. She really couldn't smell anything since waking up at the lab.

"Keep quite." Ruby whispered.

Caspian rolled his eyes, confused panic giving way to exasperation. "That's what I've been doing," he whispered back, his voice faintly accented. "But I want answers. Have you got any?" He scanned the forest, his ears pricking slightly, his nostrils flaring, looking almost feral for a moment.

"You're not the only one who wants answers." She said irritably, and quickly dashed behind another tree, working on making her way back to the others. "And if you keep talking we'll probably get captured or worse." She hissed. She could see their camp and the others, though it was still quite aways off.

(( totally, I want Kendall to change forms when she is terrified and forced to fight, like...her skin becomes thick armor and she can curl herself into an impenetrable ball. Like a real armadillo. so she won't need clothes because her skin becomes her own armor that she can cover her sensitive bits with)

Kendall paced back and forth, smelling Ruby and another person, still not sure who they were.
"Ruby is on her way back, thank god"
She rubbed the back of her neck, massaging the skin around the mechanical port. Her skin felt tight as her anxiety grew. She chewed the inside of her cheek as she thought to herself, growing more worried by the second.

"What, you mean worse than waking up in a strange place, in a bloody cage?" he demanded in a fierce whisper, then took a deep breath, calming himself. "There's nothing for metres, but if something's after you, we should get moving. Will you tell me what you know?"

Ruby gritted her teeth. "Fine." She snapped. "If you promise to keep your mouth shut afterwords. The only thing I know is that some of us seem to have been mixed with animal DNA. Other then that, I know nothing." She told him. She ran a head a little, hiding behind a rock. They continued to make their way back to the others while using the natural forest area for cover and eventually made it to Kendall and Garrett and the others. Ruby sighed and plopped back to the ground, breathing heavily.

Her eyes closed shut as the usual exit of the cylinder lifted her up into the surface of the deserted wasteland she called home. The skin radiated off of her body, and slowly but steadily her suit began to shape itself into the shade of the dusty ground beneath her feet, cracked and sprouting up little shards of shrub every now and then. She lent down and lightly pressure the palm of her hand against the surface of the cracked dusty rock beneath her feet, and silently inhaling little air through her nostrils. She could feed the gentle vibrations in the earth, and her thermal image eyes set still on the footprints fading away. Her body slithered along through the gentle wind. The suit hiding her entire body practically, not only that but completely concealing her scent with it's thick material.

Her body sensual in it's appearance swayed gently as she walked towards the arising forest, still running her hand over the tree's nearby the area. Listening for the dogs breathing she could feel the heartbeats of the canines nearby and figured that this was the best, and furthest distance to keep before the dogs had their way, and then she would intrude. Leaning back into the tree, her hands gripped a hold of one branch and her athletic body spun up around it and once more, before flipping her body up into the air and gripping the next one completing the process till reaching a higher point in the tree where she could see the tops of the others. The suit against morphing into it's atmosphere and her quiet fragile and athletic slender figure keeping herself hidden from the others.

"Ruby!" Kendall called, almost too loud. She instantly regret it and covered her mouth, dropping her shoulders a bit. Her skin still felt tight, and she couldn't relax, thought the night setting was much more conducive to her eyes for some reason. She nervously pushed some hair behind her ear and looked back at Garrett who was busy taking in the image of the new man to respond.

"Who is this? Are you an experiment too?" Kendall held out her hand to the man. " I'm Kendall Cambridge-the Armadillo..." Saying it out loud made her uncomfortable. out of all the animals in the world...why an armadillo?

Garrett gave a brief look at Kendall when she yelled out Ruby's name, wanting to silence her but knowing it was just her nerves and joy at having one of the companions back.

"What did you find while you were out there Ruby?" He said while eyeing the new man suspiciously. After hearing Kendall introduce herself he thought he would follow her lead. She could probably smell the fear with that new nose of hers, and if that was the case maybe she could smell deceit. He giggled in his head, yeah right. This was no supernatural television series, this was real. He needed to remember that.

"I'm Garrett." He said gruffly, puffing up a little bit to intimidate the new man. Not that he seemed to be much of a threat, but he could be mixed with a weasel for all they knew.

"Oh," he breathed, standing there for a second as she began walking. "Oh." That made sense. That made a lot of sense, explained how he managed to wake up feeling like some sort of super-human. Cool.

And then he noticed she was leaving, and ran forward to join her, looking around as he did. When they reached the others, though, he hung back behind her, the leopard in him sizing up the newcomers. Not understanding this sudden wariness, he ignored the thought, and offered a slight, shy smile at Kendall.

"I think so, yes," he answered quietly, shaking her hand briefly before nodding at Garrett, raising his chin fractionally. Caspian was usually a very nonjudgmental person, but the leopard in him had tensed at sensing a potential threat. "My name is Caspian." His lips curved in a small, wry smile. "No jokes about Narnia, please. I've heard them all already."

Kendall laughed, tucking her hair behind her ear for the thousandth time out of pure nervousness. The guy was cute, but he was way too young for her, she could tell by his timidness and stature. She turned to Garrett as if just realizing something. Garrett had taken charge before and she was perfectly fine calling him the leader.

"Garrett!" She said startled, but keeping her voice low. "What if there are more people like us out there? We have to find them!"

"He found me." Ruby corrected as she sat down. Those dogs were really getting on her nerves, and she glared in the direction the dogs were.

"Well..." Garrett said while thinking.

"First things first. Caspian, here are the pages I was able to print out. We all found ourselves and which animal we were... fused with. Maybe you can find yourself on there." He handed Caspian the pages. He wasn't exactly sure what they should do, but if Ruby's trick didn't work they were going to be a very tired bunch because they'd have to move at night.

"Ruby, how well do you think the sweater worked on the dogs? I don't know that I want us asleep in the middle of the woods with them still on our tail."

She sighed and combed a hand through her hair, which had turned into red hawk's feathers without her even knowing it.

"I'm honestly not sure. They sound further off though, to where I had put my sweatshirt."