Angels and Demons

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kaethe sat on top of the kitchen counter and drank a fresh glass of cold blood to stave off her irritation at being locked inside. She had added a rather large amount of vodka this time to help her relax, and she was sucking on a lemon wedge by the time Datenshi wandered in and started muttering about nobody eating. It was still fairly early so she thought he was just grumbling about nothing, but then again he didn't realize their predicament yet. She watched him try a window, then the back door. His exclamation was almost amusing. Almost. She would be a lot more inclined to smirk if she wasn't starting to get anxious about being trapped indoors. All she wanted to do was fly around..

That was it!

She downed the rest of her drink and set the glass down, not bothering to tell Datenshi her plan. Strolling out of the kitchen, she walked back up the stairs to the first landing. It was a good ten feet or so off the ground, and she jumped up to the top of the railing easily. She scanned the ceiling, then hopped off and flew all around the entryway. A quick snap of her wings and she was gliding down the hallway and flew into the library, noticing one girl but not paying her any mind. She flew up around the high ceiling, then dove back out and flew back toward the stairs to wing up to the second floor.

Datenshi was beginning to freak, but not outwardly. Not yet. He calmly strode to the green room attatched to the house, where he sat and began to meditate in the center. He called a blubird to the window, then he felt himself release and begin to float. He felt his spirit seperate from his body and he looked down to see himself sitting there, cross-legged and deathly still, not even breathing. He looked to the bird before his spirit shifted through the window and into the chest of the bird, letting its soul move aside so he could take over. Sharing a body wasn't very cozy, especially a small one such as this, but he needed to. He stretched the wings and lifted off the window-sill before flying up high to look around. He saw a strange waver in the air, confined to a certain spot under a shady tree. What interesting cloaking, he thought before diving down and landing beside her, using his bird eye to look up at her.

" Their not doing anything...." Tamara muttered almost disappointed that she had not gotten the reaction she wanted. Though, the one demon, what was his name again? Oh yes, Datenshi, his reaction was nice. But still. She had not meant to instill panic in them. But then again, maybe not all hope was lost? There were other things she could do, she was sure of that. She was about to drop from her safety spot to the floor when one of the other demons began to fly indoors. Now that was a sight! The creativity had to be a good thing she mused watching the demon do laps.

The ever present thirst was growing strong in the back of her throat, and if she wanted to be at full potential then food was high on the list of things needed. She supposed she could ask the house and not have to worry about being seen, but where was the fun in that? A quick manipulation of the shadows saw her in the kitchen in less than a few seconds. Still going unseen, Tamara took a good look around and idly wondered why she never had a house this nice, then remembered that she was the reason this house was made. She sighed in mock sadness and stopped concentrating. Where there was once nothing but a golden light appeared a woman with mid length brown hair and a slim build. Her eyes were a red this time, showing her need to satisfy her baser needs. Surely her appearance would add a little something to this game.

Datenshi's bird flitted back to the greenhouse window where he allowed his soul to detatch from the animal and phase back into his own shell. He shook his head a bit as he became reoriented then he stood and bowed to the bird, whistling to thank it before disappearing and reappearing in the kitchen right behind Tamara.

"Why drink that nasty cold blood in the refrigerator when you know warm fresh blood would satisfy you better? Oh, and by the way..."

His voice lowered to a soft, polite whisper with just a hint of taunting sarcasm.

"Found you."

Alyss was sitting, rather stiffly, on a chair in the library. Although there was a book spread out before her, she was barely comprehending the words. Her wings were beginning to itch... The thing was that if the doors had been opened, Alyss still might've opted to stay inside and read. But now that there was no choice she could not stand it. Besides, she hated being inside for long periods of time. Alyss loved her freedom, it was the only thing that kept any emotion inside her cold heart, and when it was taken away forcefully she found it hard to control herself. Suddenly the Fallen tossed the book away from her and stood. She could not stand it inside this room anymore. She'd seen a girl flying around before, but Alyss knew that would not do it for her. She needed the air in her face and the open sky. Although she never shared the fact with anyone, Alyss was highly claustrophobic. Even simply being stuck inside the mansion was grating on her. Alyss walked out of the library doors, restless, and headed for the kitchen. She opened the door and saw Datenashi and a strange girl. One she was sure had not been here before.

"Who, may I ask, is this?" Alyss commented from the doorway. Her voice was just as even and polite, although there were was a very faint tension to it that, if one listened carefully, betrayed her annoyance.

Tamara barely flinched when one of the demons appeared behind her in the kitchen. "Blood is blood. And yes you found me, what a good little boy you are!" She simpered in reply. She just barely shivered, a reaction that she still could not control and could not help even after all those years. The close presence of him was bringing up memories better left forgotten. "So you found me. What are you going to do?" She asked getting herself a nice cold drink of blood.

She drained the glass and set it in the sink, turning to look at Datenshi. " Yes indeed." She muttered under her breath willing memories away. Tamara studied him as he was no doubt doing the same. He was she had to admit, one of the better looking demons.

Ornias waved a hand dismissively and stood up with a grunt. "Never mind. Even I don't know what it meant." 'Or if it even has a meaning' He walked over to his window and tried to open it with a hand. It would not budge. He eyed it suspiciously and tried with both hands. Still didn't budge. He let out an annoyed groan and turned around, taking from his bag a blue squared flannel shirt and a pair of black pants. He nodded at Ru'mel and started for the door. "Excuse me, I'm leaving to the bathroom" he said politely, crossing the hallway to find his destination.

Once in one of the showers he let the freezing water wash over his body. He didn't mind that, he liked cold water better than blaring hot. It was a really quick shower, just scrubbing at his hair to wash the sweat from it and let the water do its job. He wrapped a towel on the lower part of his body and walked over to the mirror, taking a toothbrush and brushing his teeth, like he has always done in his daily rutine. His flannel shirt had slits on the back, so he swiftly slid his wings through them and sighed, putting some underwear and then puling up his black pants.

He watched her drink the cold blood. He could never do it. Cold blood was thicker, chunkier in the tiniest of ways, and of course, more disgusting. Before he knew what he was doing, his mouth opened and words came from it. Words he uttered whenever someone needed fresh blood. His suply was endless due to his fast metabolism and speedy recovery skills.

"Drink from me. You won't be hungry for weeks. Please, I insist. But first, please open the doors. Alyss is getting very... frustrated."

He had noted Alyss's tiny body language that told him she was like his mother: claustrophobic. She needed out, and he knew it. Later, he decided, I will teach her to get out whenever she wishes.

Alyss watched as the girl seemed to not hear what she asked. It mattered not. Alyss did not care who she was right now. Doubtless if this had occurred at any other time, although given her disbelief in coincidences it most likely would not have, she would have been most curious. For now she simply wanted to know what the girl had done to the doors and how Alyss could get them open. Her eyes flickered to Datenashi as he spoke and her expression tightened ever so slightly as he mentioned her name. He really was too considerate for a Demon. It was... wrong. She didn't know why, but he seemed familiar. In the way he stood, the vague shape of his face. Something... But then her wandering mind snapped back to his words and she found herself getting frusturated once more. She did not need an overly kind Demon standing up for her.

"I am fine, Datenashi. There is no need to ask anything of her on my behalf." Alyss did not move from her spot however, keeping her eyes trained on the girl. She wanted to see what happened next.

Tamara looked to the doorway and a smile threatened on her lips. " You don't know me? I'm hurt." She pouted and dismissed the rest of the question since she had no intention of revealing herself if they did not all ready know. She tilted her head and cocked an eyebrow at Datenshi. A demon offering a drink? The thought of it almost made her laugh. "No, I don't think I will." that answered more than one question and she knew it. The fun was not yet over here. "And why is Alyss frustrated?" She moved around him and head towards Alyss. "Pray tell, why are you frustrated? Closed quarters not to your liking? Pity that. I'm sure if you asked, someone might teach you to get out." Tamara stopped in front Alyss and watched her, before smirking and saying "Deal with it." With that, she faded from view and left the mansion.

Datenshi stared at Alyss like she was crazy. She probably was going crazy, though. He smiled warmly and shook his head. She'd figure out sooner or later, so why not just let it out now? He spoke, his voice determined as his dark eyes trained themselves on the Fallen Angel once more.

"You stood up for my father, why can't I stand up for you? It's just me being friendly. I'm sorry if I overstepped my boundaries, though."

He looked back to Tamara and extended his arm to her, a dark eyebrow raising questioningly.

"You're still hungry, I know you are and my blood tastes better than the blood in the refrigerator from no one knows where. They could have gotten it from a hobo, for all we know! At least this way you'll know where it's coming from. Come on, I'm disease free, just try it, I insist."

As she turned him down, he furrowed his brow, his arm falling to his side as he muttered under his breath a curse toward her.

"Fine, fu** you too, Tamara."

He knew her, quite well, he just didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Kaethe had done a couple of rapid laps before coming to a halt, perched on one of the library rafters along the ceiling. It was only a few inches wide, but she sat there and let her legs hang over the edge freely as her wings folded. Being restricted like this reminded her of all the times her father would lock her up. Punishment for murdering her own mother, he said. She didn't understand what he even meant at the time, she was too young and he was too angry to explain how she had been the cause. For days upon days she would be locked in a cage until she was starving. Just the thought of it now made Kaethe's fangs extend, and she found herself growling softly with every breath as she contemplated ripping out the throat of anybody close by.

The sound of voices in the kitchen caught her attention and she dove down, landing with a soft thud and walking to the kitchen with a deceptively calm gait. She arrived right before some girl that she didn't recognize vanished. Once the strange female was gone, she was left looking at Datenshi and the angel - Fallen? - that he had been flying with the day before. Her fangs were in full view and she knew it, but her wings were hidden from view once more and she might have appeared calm.. except for the murderous glint in her eyes. Being locked up was messing with her, and now she saw them as nothing more than targets. She stepped closer to the pair, pondering which one to attack first. After a moment, she dove at the female.

Datenshi saw Kaethe enter, and his face paled as he saw the look in her eyes. She had snapped, Tamara had overstepped her boundaries. As Kaethe pounced, Datenshi did three things. One, he let his fangs extend and the demon take over. Two, he pushed Alyss out of the way, whether she liked it or not, and three, he dove into Kaethe, meeting her mid-dive. They met with a loud, solid thud and he growled at her. He didn't mean to, but she was already growling. His breathed unevenly as he held her back, their snarling faces inches apart. He spoke, his voice calm.

"This isn't you. You aren't like this, calm down, no one means you any harm. I'm going to get you outside, understand? No need to attack anyone, Princess. Please, calm down."

He had no idea when he started calling her Princess, but he knew she would probably hate it and it would piss her off even more. She had murder in her eyes and her fangs were glinting. It was kind of hot, honestly. He pulled her against him, trying to pin her enough to calm her down.

Alyss simply stared coldly at the Demon girl. Or... Was she a Demon? Usually the dark feelings a Demon gave off let Alyss know immediately, but her... There was something mixed in her blood. That was quite rare, actually.

"A mixed breed, perhaps?" Alyss murmured in surprise. She appraised the girl, studying her until she disappeared from sight. Then her eyes returned to Datenashi as he spoke. The words made sense. Of course. Although she had only seen that Demon for a few moments, that image was burned into her mind. She still had no idea why she'd done it and now, apparently, his son was doing her a favor. Well. That was certainly a twist, wasn't it?

"Well. I thought you looked a tad familiar," Alyss said. She stared at him, suddenly unable to take her eyes off Datenashi. She had not seen the Demon she had saved since that night, had not even learned his name. He was a mystery in her life, something she could never figure out. And now his son was here. What did that even mean? It was ridiculous of her to think she could figure out why she'd saved a Demon thousands of years ago through his son. With a sigh, Alyss turned. She hesitated at the doorway, unsure of where to go. Her mind was in a jumble and that was rare for Alyss. At any other time she'd take to the sky, but that route of escape was gone. Alyss ground her teeth unhappily, still not moving from the doorway. Her eyes flickered to the other girl for a moment, but she found nothing to hold her interest. Until, of course, she decided to dive at him and Datenashi pushed her out of the way.

"Do nout touch me," Alyss basically hissed. She was speaking to both of them, her eyes lit with a murderous flame. She then turned her attention purely on the girl.

"Listen, little girl, if you wish to fight all you need do is ask. I have no problem with ripping your heart out."

For some reason, Kaethe hadn't really counted on the fact that Datenshi might have a hero complex moment and get to Alyss before she did. She was taken off guard as he slammed into her, offering minimum resistance when he pinned her down on her back on the tiled kitchen floor. Snarling at him viciously, she attempted to snap at him and bite his face, but he was too far away and had her too tightly pinned to reach. She growled at he spoke, thrashing about and trying to hurl him away, hopefully into something that would break his back.

"Io non sono la tua principessa cazzo!" she hissed, twisting and shifting her weight to pin him against the floor instead. Just as she was about to sink her fangs into him, Alyss spoke and Kaethe's head snapped up to stare at the Fallen. A wicked grin spread on her lips and she stood, her position defensive even as amusement danced in her eyes. "I would love to see you try, pretty baby," she hissed, crooking a finger as if to say 'come here'.

Datenshi wanted her to stop, wanted her to be so shocked he had a moment to at least get up. He thought of ways to shock the hell out of her, but only one came, and he wasn't too fond of the idea. As she looked at Alyss with that wild look in her eyes, he knew it had to be done to prevent further violence. He didn't want anyone hating anyone or any blood shed. Why couldn't they just get along? Neither of them had done anything personally hateful toward the other to even cause this. He easily rolled them back over, his entire body pinning Kaethe to the floor. Only then did he realize he was still shirtless. It was now or never, he was hoping what he was about to do would have some moment-changing effect on Kaethe and calm her down, but he was also very frightened.

"Enough!"

The words came as a roar to both of them, his fangs getting even longer, his eyes getting wild, his tattoos swiling. He looked down at Kaethe, their eyes locking, then he did what he never thought he would willingly do.

He kissed her.

This kiss was deep, more emotional than he thought was even possible for him. He let every emotion he'd ever had for the woman into that one kiss and felt the fire rage through his body. It was terrifying to feel so content, so attracted to someone the way he felt in that moment toward her. The kiss seemed to last for ages, but he finally broke away, his eyes opening wide. Now to see what she would do. Both his heart and possibly his life were on the line. A second seemed a lifetime for him in that one suspenseful moment.

Alyss stared at the girl. So... So crass. Unruly and noisy. Honestly, it was disgusting. Alyss sighed, closing her eyes for a moment. She could not let her emotions control her as this girl did. It was a shameful thing that she had let it get this far. Then Datenshi chose to interfere again. With a kiss. How... Quaint. Fairy tale even.

"Two Demons in love. How sweet," Alyss muttered to herself. She turned away once more and headed through the door. There was no point in staying here while they figured themselves out. Besides, if she stayed no doubt she would allow the Demon girl to get to her. Alyss would not lower herself to such activites. She was an emotionless woman, fighting was simply not what she did. Alyss moved away from the kitchen, expecting any moment to hear loud noises. Loud noises always seemed to occur when those two were involved.

Kaethe was actually kind of thrilled at the idea of tearing this Fallen apart, but then Datenshi interfered again. This time, he pulled her back down on the floor - which she seriously did not appreciate since she had been standing and suddenly was thrown back on the tiles. Besides all that, he pinned her down and yelled at her. She snarled and wrenched one arm free, slapping him across the face and leaving long claw marks along his cheek and jaw. Maybe he'd stop feeling like an overdeserving pretty boy idiot now, thinking that he had the right to order her around. What was his reasoning?! Because he was male?! She had every right to fight Alyss - the woman had even invited it!

The last thing that she expected was for Datenshi to kiss her. When she had done it to him yesterday, it had been a purely mocking gesture, one that told her that he had feelings for her already like some sort of spineless moron. This hadn't been her idea, however, and it stunned her enough that she was paralyzed for a few seconds. She barely noticed Alyss leaving, and she was perfectly still and silent until Datenshi pulled away.

That was when reality came back.

With an awful growl, she reflected the energy that he was expending in keeping her pinned to the floor back at him hard enough to throw him aside. She leapt to her feet and grabbed him, hurling him across the kitchen toward the top cupboards that would probably all break if he hit them. With that, she turned away and stalked back up to her bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her with a crack that echoed down the hallway. After it was locked, she hurled the vase and dead roses out the window, then blinked as she realized that the objects could leave. They were the only things trapped inside. That infuriated her more and she buried her face in a pillow, muffling her agonized screaming.

Datenshi was thrown away. Again. When he finally stood, he was fully back to his original self, except with an oddly empty expression. He wasn't angry any more, wasn't hurt, wasn't upset, nothing. All feeling left him, all emotions died. No matter what he did, she would hate him. Everyone would hate him, no matter how nice or kind he was to them. He couldn't even gather the energy to think. He cleaned up the kitchen, moving noislessly and robotically, then he trudged to his room as everything went mute around him. Color literally drained from the world and he saw in grayscale. Finally accepting that his emotions meant nothing to anyone, he left the door open, sank down to sit on his bed and looked down at his hands. Quietly, slowly, he slumped over, his head falling into his hands, his fingers combing through his thick messy hair. And there he sat. No one cared, no one would notice him if he just sat there, broken and quiet. No more roses, no more blood paintings, nothing was left in him but a dark hole.

Ru had walked into the bathroom while ornias was brushing his teeth. "I can tell somethings bothering you. Tell me. I don't judge. Nothing you can say will ever change my view on you." At the last word 'you' ru caressed ornias' perfect jaw with the back of his hand. Noticing how soft his skin was, goosebumbs started to tingle his entire body.