Angels and Demons

Datenshi took the still slumbering Seren to his room and laid her in his bed, covering her lovingly before kissing her forhead, then he wandered back to Kathe, arms wrapped around his torso and a soft smile on his face. He approached her and knelt in front of her, looking up at her with a soft smile on his face.

"Wanna kick my butt now? It may make you feel better..."

Myuuto looked down at the letter. Well it had to be the place. He hoped that the people there would be kind to him, but he could never be sure. He had never heard of angels and demons living in the same place. The mansion looked to be suffice and he would have everything he needed there. So hopefully things would run smoothly and maybe he could crawl his way back to the gates of heaven like he always planned. He looked and hoped that maybe there was door bell. Just in case he had gotten the adress wrong. It was highly likely even with his luck. Myuuto stood there with only a few possessions. He didn't need much nor did he have the money to afford such wonderful human luxuries. He sighed. Well all of that was about to change and he was entering a house that included demons as well.

Myuuto didn't get along well with demons or angels. They both seemed to think of him as something disgusting, but he couldn't really blame them. He was practically a human if it wasn't for the wings. His halo had been taken away due to the fall and so he was just a human with wings. A human with pretty white wings that turned black whenever he flew to show that he was no longer a good angel and that he had sinned. There was nothing he could do except stand outside and hope for something spectacular to happen.

Tamara stiffened as a new presence was felt. Apparently one of the residents were called back despite the 'recommendation' of no 'meddling' and a new one was sent in his stead. The temporary butler was no more since all of the eight showed up and so would not be there to 'welcome' the new resident. The job would have to be hers. Stiffly she rose to her feet, aches and pains inflicted long ago making their renewed presence felt.

Shadow walking to the front door was slow, as the sun was slowing making its way across the sky and in the process making shadow travel in general hard to do. She steeled herself to greet the newcomer, Myuuto as the new information given to her called him. She opened the great doors and bowed, saying a soft "Welcome."

(( May I recommend a change of font color, Shiyoumi? I chose maroon because Tamara's action usually involve all residents and as such needed to stand out.))

Myuuto did not say anything but offered the other a customary bow. He walked in and then looked around... Myuuto was actually quite nervous about everything and didn't what to say because he did not know how things worked. He wondered if the person who answered the door would help, but then he thought, probably not. He rubbed his hands together looking for a place to put his things. Myuuto had not interacted with demons or angels for a long time and thus was having the hardest time approaching any of them. He was quite tired and really wanted a place where he could rest, but at the same time, he could not really sleep with all of the angels and demons here. He was secretly afraid that the creatures here were going to kill him. He sighed. There was nothing Myuuto could do except stand awkwardly to the side and wait to be shown a room. Or on the other hand, wait for everyone to sleep and then go to a room.

Myuuto had worn a name tag because he figured that he would get tounge tied like this. So if anyone asked him his name, he would simply have to indicate the name tag on the left side of his chest. Myuuto did not want to be in this place. He was feeling awkward and like a loner already. From the looks of it, it seemed as though everyone knew each other.

(( Thanks!))

The door closed gently, not a sound coming from it as it closed. Tamara studied Myuuto, looking for flaws and talents, fears and loves. Anything she could use to open the mind to new ideas and possibilities, she looked for. "You'll be wanting your room I suppose? If you will follow me, I will lead you to your assigned room. For now, I will withhold my name from you as it seems to have caused issues with the others. You have nothing to fear about here, unless there are secrets that need be known to you. The others are busy at the moment, I believe two are in the kitchen and the other two are preoccupied in a room." Tamara said leading the way up the grand staircase and to a new nearly empty room.

"The house will provide for you if there is anything you need." She stood by the open door for a few seconds then seemingly decided on something and left with a polite nod to Myuuto.

She made her way to the dining room, intent on finding something to nibble on, and perhaps introduce herself to the two there. Tamara watched them interact from the door way before coming in and taking a sit at the table, a bowl of mandarin oranges appearing in front of her.

It had been a really long time since they had both talked, but Ornias and Ru'mel were having a nice time for themselves in the kitchen. Apparently, Ru'mel had proven himself a nice chef. He and Ornias ate, in the beginning, in silence, but they had started a small chat and then into a full talk. Even though he had a bit of trouble admitting it, Ornias really liked Ru'mel, no matter he was a demon. They had been joking around when someone else finally entered the kitchen. Ru'mel had been in the middle of a joke about two Incubi when a woman with black wings entered. Her presence could be felt around the air of the room.

Being a polite gentleman as he was, Ornias cleared his throat and bowed his head at the lady. "Good morning, miss." He had been about to ask her if she was willing ot join them in breakfast but she seemed to have already 'served' herself some oranges.

Ru'mel waved sheepishly at her with a small smile on his face. He knew he looked a bit goofy with his damp hair sticking here and there on his head; so he ran his somewhat-heated hands through his hair to dry it a bit. "G'morning, lady."

Kaethe hadn't moved an inch when Datenshi left and came back empty handed, figuring that the sleeping girl was now in his own room. She glanced at him when he knelt in front of her, a faint frown on her lips. Kicking his butt didn't even sound fun now, nor did resuming feeding from him or even destroying something. Nothing sounded fun. All she wanted to do was find Tamara and.. make things right. No, it couldn't be. There was no way that she wanted to hunt down the woman just to..

Apologize.

"I need to find Tamara," she said suddenly, standing up and walking over to the door determinedly.

Datenshi stood after being left alone and looked at the bed where he had sat all night, holding Kaethe in his arms. He had saved her life, given her part of his. He felt so confused. For a demon he should be more hateful, more dark and devious, so why on earth was he so... kind? He sighed deeply, almost a growl, and headed back to his room to lie with Seren until she woke up. He was getting tired from last night's lack of sleep, but he didn't want the girl out of his sight for a single moment. He watched her tiny body as she rolled over, making him flinch out to catch her when she came close to the edge of the bed.

Myuuto had felt totally out of place. There was no one to talk and from the looks of it, no one wanted to talk to him. He walked out of his room after setting what little belongings he had into a corner. He then found himself behind the staircase, recalling the memory of falling from heaven's gates and back down to earth. It had been such a terrible experience and he kept reliving the memory.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect him..." Myuuto whispered to himself.

He looked around to see if anyone had been watching and seeing no one he curled up into a ball. He did not like this new place. It was place in which he was familiar with no one and it was highly possible that everything was just some cruel hoax made just for him. He was used to demons playing mischevious tricks on him. It usually ended with Myuuto being nearly killed.

"Good morning to you too." the words softly spoken did not match her usual trickster mood, instead they revealed how much turmoil her inner self was in. For a few minutes she ate her oranges in silence, before out of the blue she asked a question. "How do you know when you do something right? Or when you do something wrong? What do you do when you have no one to turn to?" She asked looking up at the two males. An angel and a demon, such a relationship should not have been possible, yet here they were, the two of them vying for the attention of each other. Tamara hoped that it would work out, it would mean that her plan was not going to fail completely.

She reached down for another orange, only to grab at empty air. She blinked, idly amused at her lack of attention, the bowl did not refill indicating that she did not want anymore of the delectable fruit. Instead, a warm glass of dark red liquid appeared in the place of the bowl. She stared at the glass, and she mused about her fate. No longer could she survive merely on the fruit of the land nor on the meat of beasts, but now she must drink blood to supplement her diet. Blood, the food of demons, demons who thrived on negative emotions and on life's very essence. Yet she could not live solely on blood. If she could not thrive on just fruit nor on just blood, what was she?

The question asked by the mysterious lady clearly took Ornias and Ru'mel by surprise. They both looked at each other at the same time, Ornias giving a shrug and Ru'mel stroking his chin in deep thought, both his eyebrows raised. The Angel set aside his empty plate and took a seat next to the lady, crossing his arms over his bare chest and tapping his index finger on his left bicep. Ru'mel placed his hands on the counter and inspected the woman, trying to decipher her intentions, or if she had any, by asking that specific question. Both of them stayed a very long time in silence, watching her hesitate with the glass of blood that appeared in the spot where the bowl full of oranges had appeared before.

After that uncomfortable silence, Ornias was the first one to break it. "In my opinion as a former Seraph, you know you have done something right when you are pleased with yourself. When you know the action you have done not only brought good to you, but to the person or people you helped." He raised his hands in front of him and ran his tongue through his teeth. "For the other two, I can say there is a punishment when you have done something wrong and when you don't know where to go...you just have to keep moving forward." The last three words were a bit of a struggle for him to say, because he had been doing that himself for maybe at least half a millenna.

Ru'mel had to agree to some points Ornias stated, but he had to disagree on others, too. "Well...for me, you don't technically have got to have a punishment when you have done something wrong. You can fix it. Of course, the way to fix things is clearly not easy...still, you can. And as for your last question...forgive my dear friend but sometimes people no longer can move forward. They truly need help from someone else...they just have to wait for it. Patience is a virtue for those who need the help and know the help will come." He was impressed by what he had said. Ornias looked over at him and the goofy demon could almost swear he saw a spark of recognition in the Angel's blue eyes.

A fine time to get depressed, a smug, haughty voice whispered in the back of her mind, happily reminding her that she was unwanted, un-needed, better off dead. She shook her head in an attempt to free herself of the thoughts and warily watched as Ornias sat down next to her. For a while it was silent, and she almost hoped that no answer would be given. But an answer was received. She listened, desperate to know the answer to her questions. Ornias spoke first, and she listened. Listened like a drowning person grasped at air. She knew when she had done something right, right? Did she truly? Was she ever punished for doing wrong? No. That held her up, blocked her from going forward, the thought was similar to a dam holding back a river. There was no one to hold her accountable.

In her frustration she knocked the glass of blood over, spilling it every where. Distractedly she watched as the thick liquid dripped off the edge of the table and fell to the floor. "And what do you do, if no one is there to tell you what is wrong? What do you do?" She both hissed and cried in anger and upset. So frustrated was she that Ru'mel's answer almost went unheeded.

When he had finished speaking, Tamara turned to him, looked at him with confusion and anger, and lost. "What if there is no one to help you? You have Lucifer, the angels God. Who do I have? Neither wants me, neither wishes to help me." she traced patterns in the spilled blood, desperately trying not to attack the two with her in her frustration. Her eyes when she looked up were a solid black, no hint of her normal green or demonic red was seen.

With a slight movement of his hand and adjusting his wings to an angle, Ornias pushed his chair back as the scarlet liquid ran down the table and to the floor. He grimaced slightly and then settled his gaze again on the woman. She was desperate for an answer, he could clearly see that. But aren't we all? Even in some point in life, aren't we all desperate for something? The smallest voice whispered in the back of the former Seraph's mind. Ornias took a deep breath and turned to look up, trying to avoid the pitch-black eyes that unsettled him so much. "I do not think I can help you with that question...unless we have a proper presentation, my dear lady." He struggled not to spit the words out, demons that showed to being hostile made his nerves stand on an end; yet, very deep inside him, this woman was very interesting.

Ru'mel took a couple of steps forward, thinking of his answer carefully and barely, for the first time since he met him, paying attention to Ornias. The woman looked so lost, so angered with something she couldn't do. His emerald green eyes locked with her black ones and he places his hands on the table, letting his palms soak with blood. He leaned in and was face to face with her. "Who do you have? Is that an actual question?" He grinned goofily, his seriousness faltering for a moment. "I can help you. I can even if you do or do not want my help."

Her eyes flicked back and forth, from Ornias to Ru'mel, the dark coloring serving to unnerve Ornias. She looked at him, watching him fidget and move his wings away from the table, trying to avoid her eyes. Tamara smirked in slight victory, let them be wary. "No one can help me with that question. Those that could answer it try to kill me." She almost growled, her irritation clearly visible. "Besides, why do you need to know more? Have I not told you enough? No? Then guess. What. Am. I?" the last was punctuated with hisses and a brief flaring of her wings.

She turned to face Ru'mel and came very close to attacking him, his face so near to her's. She bared her fangs at him, before settling back down and bringing a hand up to her face. It was dripping red, stained with the blood of another. Absently she brought it to her mouth and licked the blood off her hand, watching Ru'mel grin and listening to his question.

"Who do I have? No one. Is it an actual question, yes. Tell me is it not one to you? You who are a demon, dare to insinuate that I do have someone? You who have Lucifer?" She snapped at him, angry not at the two in front of her but at herself. She was tired. Tired of trying to achieve something when everything is against, tired of being strong, tired of the nightmares,of the scars. On a whole, she was tired of being alone.

Being neither fully one or the other, there was always those out there after her, whither to kill her, or like Lucifer, break her. Both halves constantly fought with the other, giving her no peace. She was chaos, being without law.

I will replace this post with a real one later! -reminds myself!-

[Sorry for short post, on my iPod]

Indeed, what on Heaven or Hell are you? Hundreds of questions passed through Ornias's mind, but that question made the rest of the others of less use. This woman looked like one of his kind, beauty and graceful movements, even the black wings didn't matter; but her actions, her habits...those were the ones that made his blood boil. Demons belong in Hell, their existance between the mortals is clearly an abomination. Our job is to prevent that to happen. Ornias remembered perfectly these words that he had heard when he had been young, so many decades ago. 'But where do these beings belong? Beings you cannot tell if they are one or the other?' With an exasperated huff, he pushed back the chari, letting it hit the fllor, and stomped out the kitchen, leaving Ru'mel alone with that...being.

Emerald green eyes turned to black as Ru'mel tool a sit in front of the woman. He let her speak and took a moment to trn his head as he saw his friend exit the room. His attention returned to her. "Excuse me but have you mentioned a name to me already? And, pardon, if your name was known it must haves slipped my memory, sorry." He folded his hands on the table, letting them stain more with red liquid. "Why are you here? I mean, in the mansion, with us. You were brought, or came here, with a purpose." Ru'mel leaned in, he saw her fangs, the way she was preparing herself to attack. "What has happened to you, Tamara?"

Tamara never flinched as Ornias stormed out of the room, his chair falling to the ground to land with a thud on the floor. Instead, she watched Ru'mel settle himself down and begin to question her. She listened and smiled when he answered his first question but her smile fell at his last. "What has happened to me?" She laughed quietly a bitter laugh.

What had she gone through? What happened to her? She scoffed internaly, there too much to name in her book. Torture, killings, bloodlust, murders and the ever present loneliness were a few to name. "What do you think happened to me? The torture that never ended, the need to be with others thats so aching, the reminders that I don't belong anywhere." She sighed, her shoulders slumping and her eyes downcast. She stared at the red mess that was the table, the smell of the blood causing her nose to wrinkle with disgust.

[Anyone want to crash into Ornias? No inspiration to write something for him]

By my dear Lucifer, you have suffered so much.
Ru'mel couldn't help to think how it would be to never be loved...and half failed. He once had been an Angel, but the life of a Demon sounded so interesting, so good to the ears of someone who didn't have too much liberties. The other Angels looked down at him from the coulds in the sky, disapproving of him completely, and his first days in Hell hadn't been the best either. But in the end, it was the same, no matter is someone loved him or not, he would still be the same old guy he used to always be. "I can't really tell you I feel the same, or tell you I'm sorry, because the feeling has never come to me that strongly and horribly. Still, I'm so very sorry about what life has done to you...and wish for you to finally be left in peace." He made a casual gesture with his head towards the back door. "Would you mind some flying?" He stood up and walked over to the sink, washed his hands and started to the door, making a small pause and watching Tamara from the corner of his eye, a goofy grin creeping at the corner of his lips. If I can't help her with what she thinks, at least I should help her feeling a bit comfortable around the place. His beated wings twitched on his back.