2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
All, mostly.
OPEN SIGNUPS - All The Myths Are True.....

The year is 2020, Scientific progress has proven facts and logic behind every myth, explaining away every long lost story. They think this proves that they don't exist, In Fact quite the opposite, all the myths are true. And tonight, the stars align. old gods rise, forgotten temples erupt from under the ocean floor, Dark things shamble from the forest. Everything goes wrong for humanity, The armies of the world try to fight back, but what good are bullets against evils older than time itself? Bows and arrows against the lightning. Every story that gave you nightmares, every evil tale now walks the earth hunting humans. And you have not only some how managed to survive but find a book that was part of these tales, some kind of ancient grimoire that grants you powers to defend yourself with, but at what cost......

A post apocalyptic Roleplay, of sorts. This is mostly just to put the idea out there see who's interested. The idea will be explained and evolved further should I get enough interest.

A little more Explanation: The character will be of pretty much free choice, with a few exceptions, I would like to avoid tropes, cliches and the like. So if you want to play the ex spec-ops super ultra warrior with a shady backstory who's dead gruff and super serious Then, sorry. The characters would have some knowledge of what the hell is going on (possibly religious and think it is the end times, maybe studied ancient history), And will each have a Grimoire. They will begin together, The reason for this is that, one of the final acts of the 'old world' was to gather as meany people as they could find who had the best chance of surviving this apocalypse together, and dumping them in one place, with survival supplies.

The 'Myths'
So, to save some time, I am going to list the myths that will be true:
Anything pre-Graeco-Roman, or Graeco-Roman.
Lovecraft mythos (specifically from lovecraft himself, modernized lovecraftian is not ok)
Ancient english (merlin ect)
Aztec, Byzantine ect.
Ancient china and Japan.
Norse/nordic mythos.
Judo-christian (partly, God does not exist, but the angels and devils do)
Any outside this, Please PM me about

A few absolute no's
Zombies, Just nope. Well, in the typical sense, no shambling armies of the undead, There may be a few corpses re-animated by evil powers, but nothing like the living dead.
Player fantasy races, yes, there may be elves somewhere, or possibly dwarfs. But no one has found any, so no one is playing one.
Modern Myth, This is anything that is 'recent' in the sense that I consider 1940 'recent' So, xenomorphs, cloverfield monster ect.
More will be added if required

The Books!
The Grimoire each character carries are, almost, characters unto themselves. Each Grimoire grants the holder unique powers, but also carries terrible costs. A example of this would be the Necronomicon, Not the evil dead version but the dark and ancient tome written by "Mad Arab" Abdul Alhazred. forbidden and burnt by churches This dread book carries with it immense power, the power to summon and banish creatures from far beyond this realm, Monsters whose mere existence is a affront to all nature's laws and the very laws of physics themselves. A powerful book to be sure, But what of the cost? Madness, a dark, creeping insanity that slowly consumes all who use its power or even dare read it.

You get the idea, Most any grimoire is permissible, as is goetias
There will be some powers attached to the books that don't incur the cost, but those are to be covered at a later date!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: zucca_
Awesome, Glad to see you're both interested, Well I've done some updates and some more explaining. Anyone else?

You got my attention so if 4 instance if you the lesser key of Solomon you then have magic of sorts via the law of equal exchange my other question would be does it have 2 be the form of a book

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are referring to the Lemegeton then yes. That would be a allowed goetia. It would be up to the player however to come up with the powers and costs of using such a book. Dealing with demons may cost one his very soul
@chrono I don't think the law of equal exchange would work for the Lemegenton, since it its a goetia, a book focused on summoning demons. and yes, it MUST be a book. for you must be able to read from it.

Last edited:
I'm in if there's room for a proper pirate... ;)

(No spoilers until it gets approved by the GM so don't ask!)

I can post 2 - 3 times a day or as necessary at the appropriate length. I write eloquently and I don't hold back on in depth world description and superfluous thoughts.

Well the sign ups are open and have a few more details. So for those of you who don't need approving, go ahead and apply.

So, will mythical beings themselves be playable? Or just folk with grimoires who can conjure said beings?

So, will mythical beings themselves be playable? Or just folk with grimoires who can conjure said beings?
The latter, HOWEVER if a player is to have a familiar and is willing to let you play said familiar, then I have no objections.

Status
Not open for further replies.