• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

All The King's Men Reboot

Welcome! You have been invited by sele to join our community. Please click here to register.
Also, people who were here prior - Yay or nay to a more racist, less friendly, less likable, Vienne?
Does this specific brand of racism entail the hating of a fairer, pointy-eared race of smelly, evil creatures that are treated like slaves?
If so, yay.
If not, yay regardless.

Everybody here replies and has interesting conversation when I'm sleeping .-.

daN SMITH

Leyvan said:
Also, people who were here prior - Yay or nay to a more racist, less friendly, less likable, Vienne?
I would give my two cents, but I was not here prior. Hmph. We are in need of some more racism tho.

also I can't wait until Natron gets approved and Smites Mite.

*ba dum tssssss*

Go back to bed, Frost, and tuck poor drunk Ansley in while you're at it.

Smites Mite.
The+only+emotion+i+know+is+rage+_b0da854b25e2c0b75a4bb7c7b8b4dec7.gif

Does this specific brand of racism entail the hating of a fairer, pointy-eared race of smelly, evil creatures that are treated like slaves?
If so, yay.
If not, yay regardless.
I think deep, deep down he is actually attracted to elves - which is why he exhibits such a strong outward dislike for them.

Actually, that's a cool concept. Did you intend to actually kill him or have said assassin eventually convert or...something? I mean, death would solve his spirit problem.
I am glad you like it. And... That was an open variable. For the most part things weren't fleshed out enough for me to be sure. The killing aspect was going to largely be dependent on what you would want to do with it. Primarily I was thinking if they were former allies/friends/etc. the assassin might feel a bit of doubt, and contemplate whether or not he should end it. Or the assassin might be wounded. Or something.

I vote yay.
If so, yay.
If not, yay regardless.
I would give my two cents, but I was not here prior. Hmph. We are in need of some more racism tho.
All right. It looks like I'll attempt a revamp and see how she comes out.

Edit: Stupid Leyvn, extra words are for kids.

Last edited:
Where does it say Valiences father formed the Wardens? I said King Akard placed him in the Wardens as a starting member. But I did however shorten the time frame.
Whoops I screwed up. I meant to say that King Akard's father wouldn't establish the Wardens.

Username: Cadaver

Name: Natron

Race: Elf

Class: Mage

Specialization: Dark Mage/Necromancer

Weapons: Demon, Tome of Necromancy, Tome of Conjuring, A Small Bone Saw

Alliance: Pro-Mage

Appearance: Natron has high cheekbones, a thin nose and mouth, soft gray eyes, and short, dark black hair. His skin is pale, and he wears a long black cloak.
45439b50e042bd4cef0e1e1d6f1bed65.jpg

Personality: Natron is detached from most emotions, and confides in no one but the dead.
Because of his lonely childhood, he sometimes longs for companions other than Vein, though he's not sure how to go about solving that.
Natron can be described as sinister at first glance, but he's filled with a melancholic contempt for all that have looked down on him because of his race.
During the rare occasion he finds himself in battle, Natron has a habit of getting carried away. When he sets his mind on something, he'll use everything at his disposal to see it finished.
Every once in a while, Natron feels a pang of remorse for his past actions, and will experience a bout of depression.

Biography: An orphan, Natron was raised by his grandfather in a small elvish settlement near an old human gravesite. His grandfather, an accomplished mage, taught Natron in a variety of magic from the time he was a boy. Excelling in the taboo art of Necromancy from an early age, Natron managed his first successful reanimation at 11. He didn't have many friends growing up, and even his relationship with his grandfather became distant in his later teenage years because of his growing obsession with the dead. After half a decade of reanimating the bodies of dead animals, Natron began to practice his craft on the remains of humans at the gravesite. Having learned long before that demons would possess a corpse after he'd released his control over it, Natron carried a bone saw to dismember the bodies he'd used. And so, soon the gravesite was filled with methodically separated corpses.
One night shortly before his 18th​ birthday, Natron encountered a demon in his dreams. This demon, Vein, expressed an admiration for Natron's work, and offered his allegiance. By the time he turned 19, Natron could dismember a corpse in minutes, and could keep control of a body for nearly two hours.
Finally, just before he turned 20, Natron visited the priest of a nearby church, and asked that his soul be linked to his tome of Necromancy. The priest was willing to grant his wish, but only if Natron agreed to leave the area and never return. After vowing to never return, and going through the binding process, Natron set off into the world.

Other: "I hope we get along… I really don't want to send the corpses after you."
Without a tome it would be dangerous for a mage to call upon spirits because 1) it would take a lot of energy, 2) a mage without a proper tome has to find a portal to the Beyond to call upon spirits unless the spirits are nearby, 3) when out of stamina/ have no Beyond Energy, mages switch to using their own life force and this is not easy to tell when you've swapped from safe territory to dangerous territory in this kind of situation.

Silly thing I noticed:
On the Accepted Characters Table, Rill through Lauchlan are:
Character | Age | Race | Mage Stance | Class | Player

However, from Mihai on, it is:
Character | Age | Class | Mage Stance | Race | Player

It's nothing in crucial need of fixing, I'm just mentioning that I noticed it.
shit shit shit It'll have to wait because of midterms unfortunately.

Also because of midterms I won't be judging sheets for a while, speeches to write, emus to interview, and an exam over The Miller's Tale So I'll close this to people who haven't applied yet until after Spring Break, which is the next week for me so it'll be closed for a couple weeks.

CheekyBeretta said:
And although humans were illogical - burning the flavor out of the meat, as Mihai would never understand - they made much more enjoyable company
Wildings.

I-I just don't get em.

giphy.gif

Waaahhhhhhhhhh! FACE HUGGER!!! -POINTS!- OMG, LOOK AT IT GO! IT'S ADORABLE!!!

Back