AGAINST THE WORLD

I finally opened my eyes. I sat up and looked intently and the petite cloth wrapped human before our group. I studied her with intensity. When the green creature suggested we throw her overboard, I leapt to my feet.
"Unnecessary, she doesn't pose any threat and if she does, with all of us together, we can kill her with ease."
I turned to face her. "But like I said, you aren't a threat...are you? What is your name and why are you here?"

"I don't care if she isn't a threat! If she was followed by someone or something, she's more trouble than she'd ever be worth!" Razzy said to the ice-man. "And even if she isn't, she's dead weight and another mouth to feed! There's damn well enough people here already!" Razzy damn well didn't want another someone fleeing from another power. They already had enough of those.

"All of you! Calm down. As captain of this boat I order you to stand down. We're not going to do anything to her." Vyse's stern side showed through. One that usually got him in trouble, but he had to assert himself. The little ragdoll could do nothing to them and he didn't mind. Vyse climbed down from the helm to speak with the little ragdoll. "So, it seems we have a stowaway... tell me your name, please."

Vyse could never think of doing any of the suggested ideas and hoped he had overstepped himself when he called himself the captain. He did own the ship and was the only one who could drive it, so he was qualified to captain the ship. "Little one, if you really do mean no harm you must work. And you broke the first rule, don't get caught. Don't worry I've been in your situation before. You can stay with us for a while." Vyse ruffled her head playfully before returning to his post on the helm.

I turned to the green man. I processed what he said and replied.
"Are you going to kick me off to? Throw me into this lukewarm sea? I'm another mouth to feed, am I not? And even if she is another mouth to feed, we still don't know enough about her to determine her worth..."
My eyes flashed dissolved my couch into water, just in case I required the excess moisture.
"No one has that privilege to determine another's self worth."
I stopped when the pirate commanded so. I reformed the couch and with an exhale, sat down.

"Oh, well excuse me for not seeing how a little girl can help, but a damn ice-spirit or something can be helpful!" Razzy said, before he turned and walked towards Katerina. Seeing her seemingly being done with her self-surgery, he grabbed the vodka bottle and took a decent chug of it. "Golovku..." He muttered, before taking another decent swig of the bottle and sitting down.

Alriska sighed slightly with relief when the one sailing the ship spoke. She was safe after all.

'I'm Alriska Majorie, and I don't know of how much help I can be but I do know some advanced medicine." She said softly, her tone of voice much smoother now that her life wasn't at risk. Alriska was thinking on showing them what else she could do but she thought that be best left unless they really needed or wished to know. After all, knowledge wasn't free and she wasn't about to let them in on her abilities in case one of them decided to attack her. At least if she kept that hidden she would still have a minor element of surprise.

Even though Alriska highly doubted they would try seeing as how the apparent captain of the ship told them no. Of course there was always rebels and mutinous individuals that would go against their captain. She really hoped none of them would though, that would cause her more problems than she already had.

I turned to the goblin. And with confidence in the knowledge spoken I said excitedly,
"I told you! You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
I stood up and dissolved the couch. The conversation had made me too worked up to rest. I asked,"If anybody requires a structure formed, or anything within my skill set, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be around."
I walked silently over to the end of the ship. I leaned over and looked into the dark water.

"Well Alriska... mind if I call you Ally? Anyway, you can go make some use of your advanced medicine by going down into the lower deck. There is a medical station down there. If you really do know advanced medicine there is a set-up already there. Go check on the russian girl's stitches just in case" Vyse returned his attention to the sea. His black hair blowing in the breeze he sailed southward to a small town on the coast. It wasn't the biggest, but it was a good place to hide out.

Alriska nodded slightly in acceptance of the nickname. "Alright." She answered, immediately, turning on her heel she went back inside the ship to the lower deck as instructed. She got a little lost, as she was never very good with navigation but she eventually found the medical station in question. The set up didn't seem too complicated to her but she took a short look around to familiarize herself with the layout, so she knew where everything was.

With a smile she took out a small basic medical kit and examined the contents. Once Alriska deemed it worthy enough she stepped towards whom she deemed to be the girl she was supposed to look at. "Hello?" She asked, curious to see if her supposed patient was awake, or even if it was the right person.

A few minutes ago, the sound of distant sirens and shouting had made the man fearful, leaping into the waters of the pier in an attempt to hide. Now, he was latched onto the bottom of a moving ship like a leech in hopes of getting away from whatever had been chasing a group of people that boarded the same boat he was clinging to. Of course it wasn't very comfortable, being intolerant of saltwater and the position he was in itself being awkward (he didn't quite like the idea of his beloved DB being drowned in salt water, either.), but being the coward that he was Caldur was terrified for his life. Too many times had he encountered those burly men in navy suits, convinced that he was harming others and breaking laws. Already his skin was beginning to swell up, his gills itching as the marine liquid passed through them. His lungs were burning, and he quietly wished that he was born with the ability to breathe in the oceans instead.

Caldur could hear voices above the water and on the boat, a female of sorts having introduced her as Alriska. There were many others too, and although the man didn't know the exact number, he was smart enough to know not to get on any of their bad sides. Some of them sounded intimidating, while others were nice, and the mer-human made the mental note of befriending the kinder ones first. Grinding his teeth together to try and bear the burning sensation in his lungs, he soon found that he couldn't stand it anymore and took an arm off the boat to try and reach out of the water and pull himself off. However, this didn't quite go the way he planned.

Reaching above the water line, Caldur lost his balance and felt his feet beginning to slip. Frantically trying to grab on again, the immense weight of his DB made him thrash about, shaking the boat gently in the process. Desperately grasping at the little nooks of the ship, he was relieved to have caught on again. However, now a new fear had grown inside of him. What if the people on the boat felt the shaking and decided to investigate? What if they found him and cast him away? The man was scared, clinging to the boat in hopes of not being caught.

I stood by the rail of the ship. The water was dark but soothing. The rush and crash of the waves crashing into the ship reminded me of home. I looked up and I was reminded of just how far I had come. The stars..so few and the sky was unlit by the Aurora Borealis. I missed my home...the people in it..were a different story. I had spent nearly 55 years continuously moving but I never imagined I would end up on a ship...a pirate ship, with a green man, a talking Amarok(wolf), a weirdly bandaged lady, a dog eared girl, a russian human, the pirate himself and a half crazed man called Logan.
Things don't always turn out the way you intend them to.
A thudding from below the rail pulled me from my thoughts. A shape was moving below....an attacker!?
I dived off the ship into the warm water and pulling the liquid upward, created an ice float. I then created a long icicle connecting me to the ship. Finally I created a larger path over the thin icicle. Walking downwards, I looked up to the creature and with a sudden intake of breath, I said in surprise,"You're a Iqaluullamiluuq!"

There just seemed to more and more people joining the group. Great. This was getting dangerous for her. She wasn't even sure if she trusted Logan enough to let him know who she was yet, let alone the rest of them. Still, the ragdoll seemed harmless enough, and her medical experience was definitely useful. Besides, now it wasn't just herself and a bunch of men.
Katerina pulled herself up off the deck at the girl's greeting. "Too bad you didn't show up earlier." She smirked and walked closer to the girl, showing her her hastily stitched arm. "Took a bullet helping out Gramps over there." She made sure she was loud enough for Logan to hear her, still smirking.

Alriska sighed she didn't really like the attitude of the Russian girl but she looked at the stitches anyway. At a glance for a hastily done job it didn't seem to be at all bad nor infected. "Did you remove the bullet, if that is there was one in the wound at all." Alriska questioned, while everything on the surface seemed fine if there was still a bullet under the girl's skin it could cause serious complications later. Even if the female's behavior irritated her to no end she would deal with it for now and just do her job.

Vyse thought to himself. Everyone needed a role on this ship, but not everyone can. Some people have already been assigned or they're just wiped. His thoughts were interrupted when Ayun went over the edge. "Hey What are you doing over there?" It better not have affected his ship or he swore he will kill him. This ship was his love and life.

I looked past the Iqaluullamiluuq and up to where the questioning voice was. He did not know whether to tell Vyse about the Iqaluullamiluuq hanging onto the side of the ship or not, but decided that honesty might earn his trust.
"I am consorting with the Iqaluullamiluuq."
I walked back a few steps on the ice bridge attached to the ship to get a better view.

Logan saw a fast blur of darkness sped away to the other side of the ship,he suddenly pulled out his handgun.

"What the hell.....?" he muttered to himself, he ran to the other side and examined the darkness, something was lurking in the water and without warning- something lashed out, something long and sleek, it raised to a certain height before falling heavily.

"STEVE!" Logan managed to push the big Lycan before the long arm squished him and Logan, startled, Steve looked around with bared fangs.

"What the bloody hell was that?!"

"I don't know....." Razzy stuttered, the ship shook once more, the whole crew on deck struggled to keep balance as the ship swayed left and right, then the unthinkable happened, countless tentacles wrapped themselves around the mast, side or anything it could grab on.

"I can't believe it! Out here?!" Vyse snapped.

WARNING- BOSS -WARNING

BABY KRAKEN X 2

NEW PARTY IN! =>

Vyse
Logan
Katerina
Razzy
Steve
Ayun

"Great- looks like we'll be having squid tonight!" Logan smirked.

The girl didn't seem to be fond of her. Oh well, Katerina wasn't here to make friends, after all. "Nah, it was just a pretty deep graze. Bullets probably stuck in the wall of some poor old diner." She shrugged before bringing her arm back to her side. "So I take it I didn't do a completely horrible job." It was more of a statement than a question. It was hastily done and she was no medical professional but it's something she had had to do on more than one occasion.
Suddenly there seemed to be a commotion among the others before the boat began to shake, sending the already light headed Katerina tumbling back down to the deck. "The hell was that?!"

Caldur was surprised by the ice-user coming down to talk to him, labeling him as a Iqalu-something. Fearfully the man stared, the cold of the ice making shivers run down his spine. Suddenly, peering through the water, a large squid-like creature had appeared and was now wrapping itself around the boat. Further inspection proved that there was two, and almost immediately, he crawled up the side of the boat and onto the deck in fear of being caught by the krakens. The people on the ship were already getting ready to fight, and he silently clutched his DB tightly.

"L...Let me help!" swinging his whole body around he now held the massive case for his instrument by the tip, it's immense weight causing him to lean forward. "I...I could attack it from underwater!" This would be the perfect way to gain the group's trust, by helping them! Caldur felt like a genius with this idea, a cowardly smile on his face in his attempt to look brave.

The dark water swelled and turned before me a tentacle rose out of the water and smashed where I had been nearly two seconds previously. Currently, I was racing towards the wall of the ship. I formed half made steps as the sea rose and exploded. I yelled something about getting onto the deck at the Iqaluullamiluuq, but it was lost in the rush of water and the splatters it made as it fell off the beast in bucketfuls. I utter a quick prayer to Sedna and make my way onto the deck. The shadow of the enormous beast dwarfs and enshrouds the ship.
I turn to Logan trying to convey my feelings in Inuit. Unfortunately, Inuktitut has no swear words. I turn back to the gaping maw. Filled with billions of garish, yellow teeth at least an arm long. Harpooned upon the teeth and stuck to its throat is the remains of its last meal. In terror my mind analyzes the types of meat in it's throat. Fish, dolphin, shark and...whale?! But I focus on something else. Inside it's maw is not just human flesh but the remains of the ship that supported it. With horror, I realize there is another one entwining itself on the side.
I feel like running and diving off into the water to try to escape....that would be suicide.
Steely determine sets in. Gathering the water around me, I form a long, cold spear.
I almost echo Logan's response to the creature,"It has indeed been a while since I ate squid, although, I must admit, I've never had one so big."

I point my spear towards the beast and wait for it to make it's move. As I wait I hear the Iqaluullamiluuq speak. I clench my spear tighter. If any harm comes to that creature...as the myth goes; to help one is to gain help or a reward in return. To harm one is to incur the wrath of Sedna herself.

Alriska nodded lightly and handed her a gauze pad to tape over her stitches."Put that on with a little bit of medical tape to keep the wound from getting anything in it that could cause infection, and to prevent the thread from snagging on anything." Alriska said in a sort of doctors orders, don't question it tone before walking away. She didn't get far however because the boat began to shake. Alriska panicked a bit. She had some fighting skill but whatever was causing the commotion was probably too far out of her skill range, she knew she would probably hinder more than she would help.

Alriska was about to say something before heading down into the lower part of the ship to do what Medics did best, help heal the injured but she was stopped when a massive squid tentacle blocked her way. "The hell?!" She shouted, mostly in surprise as she fell back. She was completely and totally confused, Alriska only knew that whatever was attacking the boat was not friendly and that not even with her hidden blades could she even attempt to try and fight it.