AGAINST THE WORLD

Katerina managed to safely climb aboard the boat, albeit with quite a few more cuts and bruises than she had before. She kind of wished she had waited till they were over the water to jump out like the rest.
"Jack Frost over here is acting a little high and mighty..." She narrowed her eyes, watching him closely. She was pretty sure he had a few screws loose. He didn't seem to be fond of anyone. She needed to be extra careful of him. There was no way she could trust him not to try to kill her himself if he found out she was essentially a murderer.

"Come on- don't be shy! Everyone huddle in cause I'm only going to say it once..." Logan said with a stern voice, clearly he has gotten serious.

"This better be good!" Droplet exclaimed.

I stopped in my pacing. Formal and uptight? Hrr, in retrospect.....possibly.
I sighed and disolved all my creations except for the ice daggers.
"Fine I will listen, not that you'll have much time given the amount of police after you...but if I am what it is that you say I am, then I shall listen, if only for a few minutes."

Everyone huddled in close, Logan took a long sigh before talking.

"My full title? Commandant Logan Smith- I was an enlisted man from Ireland, enlisted to support my wife and daughter...."

"So why are you here?" Katerina asked.

"Back home- some rich philanthropist struck a deal with the mayor.... everyone had to offer a blood sample to this guy with a last name called Blue...."

"What then?" Droplet contained himself as Logan explained.

"For some reason- they said my family was "unworthy" to live...." Logan mentioned the word unworthy with much loathing "they grabbed my daughter as if she was dead, I got angry of course...."

"Surely that's not the reason why Blue is after you old man?" Razzy stated, Logan turned around and lifted his shirt, numerous scars and bullet wounds covered his muscular stomach.

"I got shot so many times that the doctors were amazed I was still alive.... they took my family to some camp and threw me into a concentration camp where the rest of the unworthy were thrown...."

"That's terrible!" Vyse exclaimed, Logan wasn't joking around anymore.

"You'd know the real meaning of grief when you see your own daughter shot dead..... she was 2 years old dammit.....!" he shook his head "they.... they killed her after they killed my wife..... she tried to hide her but she was caught....."

"....." Katerina flinched as Logan mentioned his daughter's age "that cold blooded son-of-a-bitch...."

"I lost it afterwards.... I tried to commit suicide four times but I always bail out the last moment....."

"But you're still alive! You must have found some sort of intervention!" Droplet clenched his fist.

"That I did- after 6 months of mourning and training myself, I went from toothpick to bodybuilder- I snuck up to the entrance and managed to kill all the guards.... I promised everyone that I'd free them.... but Blue's giving me no room to breath- I need to settle things with him before I free them all....."

"well since you're all on my boat, I'm going to kidnap you all and forcibly make you my crew...if that's fine with you guys. And we still need to get away from these cops anyway." Vyse took the helm and started the engine starting to head out to sea now that everyone is on the boat.

I listened to his story. I didn't understand who this blue was but when he mentioned his daughter and how he was told what his worth was...I still had little idea what was going on but at least I understood more about Logan himself.
I tried to respond but something kept me silent,"...."
Then I heard Vyse say something about kidnapping and forcing me to be part of his crew.
I looked him dead on in the eyes and spoke quietly,"If you think I'd let you leave on your own free will, you better think again. I can freeze the waters beneath this ship and I don't think there's anything you cold do about it....But I'll let you depart anyway, as we must escape the 'law', however becoming part of your 'crew' is out of the question."

"Now I wake up everyday hunting down Blue's thugs wether it be the law or one of his men- I don't give a damn wether it's a female or a male, I'll give them hell after what they did to my family..." Logan finished, Droplet twiddled his fingers, he WAS connected to Blue but he feared Logan will grow furious if he told him.

I cleared my throat and said to Logan,"I am sorry about what you went through, in a way I can relate. However, the cops chasing you...were they part of this blue person's circle....or was it because of something else?"
As the words whistled past my throat, I wished I could withdraw them but I needed to know, was this blue person really that powerful...or did the excessive amount of law enforcement have something to do with the people in the group, if not the group as a whole.

Katerina knew there was a reason she didn't completely distrust Logan. She didn't want to say she pitied him- no one wants to be pittied. But she did feel sympathy for him. Having your only family murdered did things to you. This ice-man still wasn't gaining her an points, however.

Katerina thought about Vyse's offer for a moment. Surely she was no one's crew, and she couldn't go parading as a 'pirate' forever, she had a job to do. But seeing as though a rather important government, maybe others as well, had been tipped off about her plan, she needed something else to occupy her time while she waited for things to settle down. Still, she hated being around people. She worked alone. "I will not be your 'crew.'" She responded coldly, but it wasn't a definite yes or no. There was another long pause before she sighed. "But I need someplace to stay while I await calmer waters, so to speak."

"Tell me Ayun" Logan said with seriousness "how much power can money buy?" the whole group went silent.

"He's got the whole police force wrapped around his finger, plus he's got men who also bow down to his riches! I have killed so many of his thugs, to the point that it isn't funny anymore- how many people get corrupted by Blue's money?! How many do I have to kill before people notice that f*uck's intention?! Tell me Ayun! Here and now...." he sneered.

Steve barred his teeth

Stalking around in anxiety, on pier next to the boat, he grabbed one of the light posts nearby and began to wrench it loose, before tearing it from it's socket, and hefting it like some kind of hammer. " C'MON C'MON HURRY UP WITH IT, I'M GETTIN' NERVOUS WHAT WITH THE FUCKING TANKS ROLLING TOWARD US." He yelled, before ripping of the lamp part of the post, and throwing it at a distant officer closing in, pinging it off his head with a loud clack. His throat letting out a nervous whine like a dog that needs a walk.

He clambered onto the Boat as bullets whizzed through the air. His fur bristling, his eyes becoming bloodshot, his growl getting deeper and more menacing. "C'mon c'mon ether we need to get moving quick, or we need to kill these guys, because I am seriously starting to lose my fucking sentient focus, and all I want to do is kill and eat something and THESE SIRENS ARE DRIVING ME BATSHIT." His translator Screamed loudly. He was getting over stressed, and when he gets over primal. The fear of being killed by the Silver bullet toting SWAT agents, and the thought of being taken apart for science, combined with the high pitched whining of the distant sirens was scratching at his patience like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I paused at Logan's question. Money? I had never thought of it's value little more than I had thought of the value of the shiny metals I had found.
I answered seriously as I pulled out a stack of two thousand dollars,"I don't know. This concept of money is new to me...but if it's true what you say then money gives you power...How much power can I get for $2000?"

"I also have these rocks and metal scraps you creatures like."
I rifled through and pulled out a bunch of green rocks, oh yeah, emeralds and some bright yellowish metal...gold! That's it!

I responded to Steve in a very unusual maner," Stop whining and get on the ship,well be pulling away soon." I muttered a couple of choice curse words in Inuit....I hate wolves..ever since my first few years in Canada.

"$2000......? HA! That's what Blue paid three mercenaries before I slit their throats while they slept!" Logan gazed at the distance- the sirens began to fade as they made distance.

"The point is- he's got everyone hooked up whenever he says he's going to pay you for your efforts!"

"Holy shit..." Katerina watched as the Lycan near effortlessly tore the post from the ground. She was glad they were managing to get a move on before a certain werewolf completely lost it and decided to tear something else apart. For now she needed to find first aid before she passed out from blood loss.

Logan saw what he would've expected in a pirate ship- a cannon.

"Give me a sec Katerina..." Logan got out a lighter and aimed for the docks, a loud explosion filled the air as a steel ball landed directly at the cramped police cars.

"There, they're dead.... just like the rest.... I hope Blue's intentions are worth their lives...."

I frowned. Mercenaries? Yet another unfamiliar term.
I had decided."I shall help you all....I don't trust any of you but then again, I don't anybody."
I turned once more to where Steve and..Hmm she hasn't told me her name....where they were standing.
"Wolfman and woman who stands beside him, board the ship. We should be getting out of here."
Logan moved towards the cannon and, holding a lighter, moved to set it off.As The fuse was lit and reached it's end the air exploded and almost simultaneously, so did the police cars.
I shuttered my heart from the sight. I couldn't afford to grieve...not for anybody.

"'Woman' has a name." Katerina shot back, still clutching her bleeding arm. "Not that I trust you with it." She added, making the first bit a somewhat pointless response. First impressions had been made and she certainly wasn't about to willingly share any information with someone who once had the intent to kill them. She walked passed him with the intent of searching around for medical supplies. She was feeling light headed now that the adrenaline rush had worn off.

Razzy got onto the ship, and turned to the ice-guy. "As far as I know, nobody here really trust each other. But really, what choices do we have?" He simply said. He looked towards the oncoming army of cops first, muttering something about being reminded of home, before turning towards the wolf-man, getting angrier. "Do I have to sedate you, volk? ...I need a better name for him. He added in his mind.

(Shit people, I go to bed once and two new pages pops up O_O)

"I'm heading inside.... I need to cool off..." Logan turned and headed inside, brushing past Droplet and Razzy, Logan opened the door and proceeded inside.

"Looks like the old man had it hard...." Razzy whispered, Droplet knew it was going to be hell if Logan knew his secret.

With her curt response, I could tell I had annoyed her but I saw little need to correct that response. She had made it clear that she didn't trust me....that was okay, I was used to that. The green creature told me that nobody trusted one another. I frowned at the thought. How could they even be a tribe? I turned in 360 degrees.
"There is very little to sit on...."
Gathering water from the bay I formed a rudimentary a couch of ice and used snow to soften it's hardness. I plopped onto the couch and closed my eyes. If Logan would turn in I might as well rest too....but if I even felt the air vibrate towards me, I would skewer all of them.