AGAINST THE WORLD

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I lay there in the water for what felt like hours. my foot was skinless and my body ached from being thrown into the water from such high distances. i quickly snapped back to reality when I heard the tune being played. It started out slow, soft and seductive. However, it increased in volume but retained the same beat. Suddenly, my head throbbed and my back arched. The krakens, who were already thrashing in pain, began to vigorously increase their thrashing.
I breathed in a lung full of salt water and quickly exhumed it. I began to find it hard to do two things at once. Such as breathing and swimming. I managed to create a poorly constructed plank of ice. It was a few seconds before the idea came in to my head...and it took a few more to access it. I used the moisture already within my ears to create ice plugs. I still had the headache but at least I could multitask.
I rose up and created a more stable ice floe. I began drifting towards the ship once more.

Steve was working his way nicely through the Kraken, his lungs burning from lack of Oxygen, but his adrenaline keeping him alert and awake. Tearing through the Statocyst Steve finally reached the brain of the now insanely enraged beast. Lunging forward he sunk his teeth into it, causing the half-blind Kraken to jolt suddenly, it's tentacles began to savagely thrash and beat at nothing and everything at once, until Steve delivered the finishing blow to the monster's brain, killing it instantly as his arms penetrated , grabbed and tore into the soft flesh. The tentacles of the beast falling limp, landing ether in the water or on the boat as the Lycan began to claw his way back toward the eye socket and out of the water, as the thing began to lose buoyancy and sink.

Using one of the tentacles as a meat-ladder of sorts, Steve hauled himself back onto the deck before promptly vomiting copious amounts of the creature's dark blood, his fur almost completely painted black-ish green. Breathing heavily with a wheeze his collar beeped twice with a red flash.

" I think I ate too much of it " the translator announced happily before vomiting again. Some of the chunks still twitching and spasming.

The kraken that Steve had torn asunder gave it's last shudder, and showered blood and flesh everywhere, before falling to it's death. It sunk into the oil black ocean, leaving behind only the light remains. The kraken without a throat behind me still spasmed with life but it was in it's death throes. Only hanging on to life by it's tentacles.
I continued to the ship, even as my muscles screamed in protest. Even as the blood began to leak anew from my foot. Finally, arriving at the wall, I tried to climb but failed. My foot kept giving out. I created a pillar of ice to rise out of the water. I managed to get aboard. I stood on the deck for a moment. As the second Kraken fell, so did I. My body was bruised and I had lost a lot of blood from my skinless foot. I was exhausted and then, I blacked out. But I heard that the kraken was still alive.....I hadn't...finished.....it.

((Okay, sorry for continuously editing this one, I'm getting confused if there's one still alive or not.))
Katerina tried to smile at Steve's victory but only managed to look grossed out. "Well... That's one. Let's hope Doll Face can get the second." She said, scraping off octopus goo from her sword off on her boot before noticing that the Ice Spirit had just returned looking not so good.

The sound of explosions echoed through the open air as cannon ball after cannon ball was fired at the remaining over grown cephalopod. Alriska didn't care much for this method of taking the beast down but the angry ocean dweller was soon enough beginning to sink. Alriska smiled and jumped for joy, as she had punched more holes in the dead monster than a slice of Swiss cheese. There was no way that thing was coming back up now.

Overjoyed, Alriska ran back up on deck to congratulate everyone only to find several of her new comrades injured. "Well...then I best get to work." She said in a slightly chipper tone, she was glad she had just helped slay a giant water monster, but now the injured where more important. Her only question was where to start.

Caldur was close to being overjoyed when the seadwellers died off, slowly and painfully putting his large instrument back in the case. Blood was still oozing through his throat and out of his mouth, and his breaths were short and aching. As soon as Alriska came back on deck, the mer-human gave a weak smile, lifting his hand slowly to indicate that he existed. "U-um.... If I could have some help with these broken ribs..." unfortunately for him, he had less than even a inch of an idea of what to do with his battered body, unsure of whether the deep red flowing from his mouth or immense pain in his lungs were normal symptoms of breaking bones or not.

Slowly hauling the case back onto his back, he surveyed the other crew members. "I-I'm Caldur..."

"Well..... that was messy....." Logan smirked as he wiped his hands clean, Katerina looked at him with disgust.

"You think gramps?!"

"Police to giant squids! My life has turned to the yellow brick road of excitement! As for me? I think I need a bath.... I smell like squid....."

Alriska walked over to the one introducing himself as Caldur, she didn't know much about the new male aside from the fact that he seemed to be heavily bleeding. She offered her hand to help him."I'm Alriska, the crews unofficial medic. If you come with me I can help take a look at you and see what I can do to patch you up." She said in a friendly manner.

I came awake slowly. I breathed in and inhaled the air of the sea. The wood beneath me was cold. My muscles ached and my head throbbed. My right foot stung and itched. I was covered in bruises. I smiled and thanked Sedna, if had survived than the Iqaluullamiluuq must still be alive. I tried to push myself up but blackness covered my eyes once more and drumbeat in my head increased in sound. I lay back down. After a few moments I managed to flip onto my back. The sky was lightening. Dawn was coming.

Katerina flopped herself down on the deck and took a look around. The Ice man and the new guy were pretty badly beaten, but everyone else seemed relatively okay. "That was.... definitely not what I planned on doing with my evening." She laughed a little but it came out weak thanks to her lack of breath.
After a while she stood herself up. "If no one is going to need me for anything I'm going to head down for the bunks." She looked around, waiting for a response.

Gently taking the Ragdoll's hand, he smiled. "Th-thank you." Caldur got up slowly, the weight of the case on his back significantly slowing him along with his injury, but he paid no heed to it. After all, he's been lugging that giant thing everywhere for years now. He began to follow the crew's medic to wherever the medical area of this... boat yacht thing was, which suddenly brought him to another point. "Miss... Miss Alriska? Do you know where this ship is heading to?"

"Eh, um....can you help me up to the rail? Then I can form a crutch and walk around with..rrr....ease."
I still didn't know her name and thinking about how she had been called 'woman', I chose to respond in a tiptoeing manner. I tried to push myself up again this time the blackness only crept across in a flash but it was gone quickly after. The ringing in my ears remained.

Having finished emptying the contents of his stomach, Steve began to slowly trudge toward his satchel and hunched through a doorway into the interior of the ship, inside and out of sight, he began to convulse as his fur began shedding off rapidly, and his bones and body rearranged forcing a pained long growl from him as he melded down into his human form, his torn tuxedo top barely fitting him now, twitching a bit, he opened his bag and put on the comfortably fitting pinstripe pants on. Stretching a bit he tightened the collar around his now much smaller neck and walked back onto the deck with a tired grin on his face.

His collar beeping again

"Now don't expect to see me in this form very often, I disdain being in my weaker form, but I have preferences for how I liked my food cooked, and who better to cook and season my squid than me?" The skinny man began to drag one of the dismembered tentacles across the deck, ready to get his grub on as soon as possible. He wasn't concerned for the others as they seemed to be able to handle themselves, not to mention that the sooner he ate, the sooner his Lycan form would regain it's strength, and the sooner he could stop being a fleshy monkey.

his mind was solely focused on going back to his Lycan form, he was very uncomfortable as a human, looking at the ragdoll...thing.. person and nodding towrd Caldur he continued dragging the huge chunk along with him only pausing for a moment. With a casual sniff he took a bite out of the raw tendril again, which now that he was no longer a big ass cursed man-wolf, did not taste as appealing and vomited yet again.

The collar beeping.

"SO......when are we cooking this baby up? Vyse, I need your kitchen ASAP. No offense to any of you but I hate being human."

[current height as human; 5'6'']

LEVEL UP.

Lv.5 > Lv.6

NEW ABILITY.

Hulking It 1 ; Increased Physical strength corresponding with amount rage.

"I honestly have no idea. Tell the truth I was just out for myself when I got caught up in this mess." She replied, leading the bruised and battered male to the Medical Station. She wanted to bring the other injured one down as well but she feared leaving Caldur alone with his current injuries. With a sigh Alriska directed him to sit up on the only bed this small station actually had.

"I'm probably going to have to get you to remove your clothes to see the extent of the damage to your chest. Do you mind?" Her voice was calm and clear as she asked this, hoping that it didn't bother the male too much.

With the ragdoll leading the other injured one down to the medical station, Katerina went to help up the Ice Spirit. "My name is Katerina." She said, once he had a firm grip on the railing. "I figured I might as well tell you, seeing as though you almost got yourself killed to help us. I can trust you that much." She explained. She had decided that these were all good people. Maybe she wasn't fond of some of them, but they weren't her enemies.

After she had helped me up to the rail I responded."I think I fared surprisingly well. If I had abandoned you I don't think the odds would be in my favor. I would be an easy meal." I turned away and put the small of my back to the rail. I concentrated and formed a crudely sculpted ice crutch. Then I continued,"Besides after trying to kill you all I figured I was indebted."

Logan whistled as he grabbed a spare towel in his cabin.

"Time for a bath....." he grabbed a t-shirt from the cabinet and pondered.

"I hope this isn't pirate dude's clothes, but oh well!" Logan headed for the bathroom and saw Katerina and Alriska going towards the Medical Room.

"Patch them up eh?" he smiled at Alriska

"Y-yes! I will!" she stuttered.

"Yeah, still not over the trying to kill us part." She glanced down at his ice crutch. It was pretty impressive what he could do with those powers of him. "Save my skin a few more time's and maybe I'll trust you." She smirked playfully but she was mostly serious. She doubt he actually cared weather or not he was trusted anyway, though. At least no one had figured out who she was yet. Maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen though. Logan trusted them enough, at least.

Razzy slowly came up from under the deck, greener than usual. The Krakens had found a few windows down there, but Razzy saw that before they had time to do too much damage. Though fighting several tentacles in a small confined space was hard, he had been lucky. If he'd been any bigger, he was sure he'd been crushed.

LEVEL UP.

Lv.3 > Lv.4

NEW PERK.
TRAINING WITH TENTACLES: Fighting tentacles almost unarmed means you have to rely on your own body. Agility++ Strength +

As he got to the railing he started trying to get as much of the slime and blood off him. He looked around for a moment, to see how bad the damages was, and was almost surprised that they were still alive. Still alive, plus one, actually. But right now he didnt care. He walked up the captain, who was still steering the ship, still feeling the slime in many places it really shouldnt be.
"I don't suppose you've got some clothing that could fit me on board? Or at least some more booze?" He asked, very much expecting a no on the first part.

Droplet ran upstairs during the start of the fight, having seen the tentacle rise. He ran up to the deck to help the rest, but everyone seemed to handle themselves to some extend. He tried to aid them but was not of much use since he had no weapon. Hitting them felt like hitting a punchbag. It was weird and very uneffective, but in his position all he could really. The fight had finally ended though and he sighed as everyone was done. 2 people injured in trade for 2 dead krakens wasn't a bad trade, or so he thought. He walked to the railing to hold himself and before long he started trowing up over it again. Everyone was busy afterwards, and they had good reason to. He took himself and stumbled downwards again. It was weird. He had been on the ship for a while already, but somehow his ilness didn't seem to go away...
He crashed himself on one of the beds.