Advent City OOC Sign Ups Thread

So being a total Noob, where da frig do You find invites?

Found it. Jeeze its aquard to locate.
Yea, I know. You have to go into groups because the groups Alerts are messed up.

Just made the Jail thread along with the thread for my guild: Razers. Hopefully this will pick up tomorrow so I can get a few sign ups. I'm not sure how many members I wanna' start the RP with. Though I'll probably leave these sign ups open indefinitely.

Question!

Is this a real big RP? By that I mean could it go for like ever. Or does it has a start and finish?

Reactions: Lea
Question!

Is this a real big RP? By that I mean could it go for like ever. Or does it has a start and finish?
I mean it would probably finish at some point but I'm not going to thrive to get to a point where it will end.

Oh cool, another couple of questions if I may?

There's magic right? I mean the really old stuff grimoires, magic circles and killing people to summon things?
Also, how advance are the technology that uses mana? (Mecha, flying carriages, Magic propelled magic bombs (MPMBs) etc.)

Oh cool, another couple of questions if I may?

There's magic right? I mean the really old stuff grimoires, magic circles and killing people to summon things?
Also, how advance are the technology that uses mana? (Mecha, flying carriages, Magic propelled magic bombs (MPMBs) etc.)
Well. Yes, there's stuff like staves, grimoires (Or book of shadows or just plain spellbook). But using Dark magic is prohibited (except for sapping mana from one person or another)
And there are no mecha, but all magical ammo are propelled by magic, it's in there somewhere in the tabs thingy. But I'm restricting bombs along with other mass destruction spells.
Unless you're a gang member, then I guess you'd have access to the dark devious stuff.
But things like staves and magic books would be much weaker than the magic guns and futuristic weapons. And magic spells I guess can be carved into magical rounds instead of runes to cast different types of spells.

More questions!

Sapping mana from a person is legal? How is that legal it sounds horrible! (Unless they can only be used by the law enforcement... Are there any police? or guilds are the only thing between chaos and order?)

Surely there are some magic that can't be carved into cartridges right? (Summoning if there is any) (Or super uber powerful spells like ultima or something)

And I'm guessing no one uses archaic weapons like swords anymore even if they are enchanted with magic or made with mana.

Sapping mana from a person is legal? How is that legal it sounds horrible! (Unless they can only be used by the law enforcement... Are there any police? or guilds are the only thing between chaos and order?)

Surely there are some magic that can't be carved into cartridges right? (Summoning if there is any) (Or super uber powerful spells like ultima or something)

And I'm guessing no one uses archaic weapons like swords anymore even if they are enchanted with magic or made with mana.
Sapping mana as long as it's using it on criminals. Yeah, there are police, but guilds are more effective against gangs.

Ultima?? And no, the rounds themselves have to be enchanted. It has to follow the physics I've already set. Normal rounds that are fired by a compact explosion, that would cancel out any spell, so you have to use magic rounds enchanted with spells, and you have to leave just enough mana in the round meant specifically for firing.

Well that depends on the people using the weapons. Everybody has their own weapon of choice. Though most swords nowadays would be built to handle enchantments better, with possible modern mechanics.

More questions!

Are you thinking of applying?

Ok, after having read over the thread I have a few questions.

1. If Guilds are allowed to enforce any kind of law they want, what's keeping this place a civilized society that's even capable of harnessing the power of magic?
2. How serious were these gangs that it caused such a law change to happen to begin with?
3. Is this a combat centric campaign? Because the majority of stuff here seems to be in the realm of spell lists, weapon rules etc.

1. If Guilds are allowed to enforce any kind of law they want, what's keeping this place a civilized society that's even capable of harnessing the power of magic?
It's not like that. Guilds are just ways of maintaining the peace. Guilds still have to abide by the law but they also have the freedom to take care of whatever issues they feel fit, Unlike police, which have to take care of any crime that's reported, guilds go to whatever one's interest them.
2. How serious were these gangs that it caused such a law change to happen to begin with?
It's not the seriousness, it's just that the population is very large and there's too many gangs for the police to deal with them on their own.

3. Is this a combat centric campaign? Because the majority of stuff here seems to be in the realm of spell lists, weapon rules etc.
Kind of, but I'd also like there to be a good amount of diologue outside of battle. Guild members have real life problems to deal with too. A majority of people that would be attracted to guilds are the people who feel like they need to protect themselves, or that the police aren't doing a good enough job.

It's not like that. Guilds are just ways of maintaining the peace. Guilds still have to abide by the law but they also have the freedom to take care of whatever issues they feel fit, Unlike police, which have to take care of any crime that's reported, guilds go to whatever one's interest them.
So they're extensions of the Police in other words?
Kind of, but I'd also like there to be a good amount of diologue outside of battle. Guild members have real life problems to deal with too. A majority of people that would be attracted to guilds are the people who feel like they need to protect themselves, or that the police aren't doing a good enough job.
Ok. Because being perfectly honest I don't much care for forum roleplays that focus on having a bunch of combat.
I prefer character interaction, dialogue, plot advancement etc.

So they're extensions of the Police in other words?
Pretty much, though they don't get any government assistance, just a monthly paycheck

Ok. Because being perfectly honest I don't much care for forum roleplays that focus on having a bunch of combat.
I prefer character interaction, dialogue, plot advancement etc.
No problem. are you interested?

Yeah. and don't I know it. ~rubs my temples~ I'm too invested to heel-face turn now. though if anyone else turns up that I have this bad of a reaction to I'm skeeting.

Yeah. and don't I know it. ~rubs my temples~ I'm too invested to heel-face turn now. though if anyone else turns up that I have this bad of a reaction to I'm skeeting.
???

Threads in the Roleplay Advertising section are not supposed to be used as OOC or Signups threads for Group RP's, They're just for advertising. Instead, make and post links to those threads in their relevant forums, or have players PM you their characters.
Umm. Diana told me to put this here.

Well, I try to, but obviously I mess up sometimes lol
Well it's no issue lol. I'm just glad I caught it only after one person got confused.

CONFUSE ALL THE PEOPLE! ehem. on another note; still after peeps!