Advent City OOC Sign Ups Thread

well, I might as well reserve a spot. So far what I have read in the op looks to be very interesting, I will try to have a CS ready soon.​

well, I might as well reserve a spot. So far what I have read in the op looks to be very interesting, I will try to have a CS ready soon.​
Sounds good, I await to see what you have to offer.

Certainly not from a guild, as most of them turn a blind eye to the suffering of the poor
This, should only be his opinion. That is NOT the message I want people to feel about the guilds.

he started the gang that would change advent city or at least be able to help the people in the poorer districts.
Gangs are not a help to anybody in Advent city. They are violent criminals.

holding 16 rounds per magazine
Breaking another rule.

Using standard mana capsules the time limit before object disintegration is 4 hours. Enchantment can be place on the objects but benefits in doing so has yet to be found.
That's an OP time frame.

I'm sorry, but this character is denied.

Is this still open for CS's ?

OH I hope you don't mind, but ill try and have my cs be a gang leader when I have it up (will be up VERY soon) I was wondering how that works?

OH I hope you don't mind, but ill try and have my cs be a gang leader when I have it up (will be up VERY soon) I was wondering how that works?
Well I'd add your gang to the list of gangs and list your character as the leader. And from there you can recruit people. I will also have you make a thread in the group for your Gang Hideout

Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
Wip
death_gun___sword_art_online_by_lazybrowneyes-d7udjdu.jpg

~ " we stop looking for the monsters under the bed
when we realize they're inside of us " ~

1305427767825968289fancy-divider-md.png
Name: Edward Lazaro

Nickname: Boogieman
tumblr_nb4lvimLJg1t1f4gmo1_500.gif

divider_i_by_rbsrdesigns_d353f7e_by_sugarfinch-d6l8f55.png

death_gun_by_selimaziz-d8334mg.jpg

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Combat Type: Sniping/CQC
28a23b1f4771c0079f3eac9bc0616884.jpg

Magic Type: Illusion/diversion

Weapon of Choice: Sniper rifle

dffefec886ce95ba3bb0584746687576.jpg
Boogieman's favorite weapon, He can take out enemies a miles away if needed be. The gun can be zoomed in and out, The gun is enchanted to have limited kickback, or any weight to the gun at all. Allowing him to use it when mobile, he sometimes even uses it in close quarters, but rarely does he do that. The clips hold 7 bullets each of high caliber bullets, made for piercing armor.
cz_engraving_PI-28.png
He holds two of these weapons, they are not enchanted and use gun powder to fire. These are used on rare occasions.

night-watchman-baton-w-hidden-sword-and-lanyard-600x600.jpg

non enchanted sword, if he's not using a gun, then its this baby. Made with a durable metal so it doesn't lose its edge, but is also lightweight.

ecw0094_1.jpg
His cloak has been enchanted to turn him practically invisible, reflecting his surroundings to make him barely noticeable, though requires constant use of mana, so is used wisely. His mask is also enhanced so it filters air, changes his voice to sound robotic like and much deeper than his own voice, and it allows him to see with heat vision. He also has gas emitters on his chest piece, capable of producing a magical gas that produces illusions such as devilish things affecting all five senses once inhaled, capable of making the victim see horrifying images, from making the Boogie man look like a demon, to creating multiple fake images of the man. These gas emitters need to be recharged with mana once home, and are used in short bursts to save on gas since the gas canisters are small.

He also has a belt of gas grenades that do the have the same affect once set off. He carries ten of these, The gas canisters can be set to give off an invisible version of the smoke, or a thick version incase he needs to flee the scene unnoticed.

divider.png

Personality: Thoughtful, Patient, Yet direct and harsh. The boogieman is a man of many things, from being unpredictable, to a sociopath. He is mostly seen as a quiet killer, but if he wants to he can make himself known to the world if needed be. Yet to ones on his side, he can be the most caring and concerned about his teammates.

tumblr_naru8zziAj1s8g65go1_500.gif

History: Edward was born fatherless, and his mother was constantly at work. He was taken cared by a babysitter by the name of Derek. Derek seemed to be the nicest person you'll ever meet, but it turned out to be a disguise to hide the true nightmarish personality inside. One day he came to the house and killed his mother in front of Edward, and then killed himself making him a foster child. This scene always played out in his dreams every night for years, making sleep hell for him

Fast forward 15 years later, he passed school with honors, got a job as a therapist for the young. It was a fine job to disguise his true self, see with the money he earned he bought himself weapons, armor and a mask. For he had a terrible plan, No one is safe in this world, everyone is a monster, even the heroes of the city can be turned into horrifying people. All it needs is a little push....

tumblr_nc8s6nzEAz1re9ucyo1_500.gif

divider_i_by_rbsrdesigns_d353f7e_by_sugarfinch-d6l8f55.png
Dark_Kalin.png
When he is not in his suit, he is a completely different person, calm and collective, he even helps others when working at his job. No one knows he's The boogieman, and he would like to keep it that way. The mask is what lets out his inner self, allows him to be what he truly is on the inside.

Boogieman is part of the Nightmare gang in the city, He is the founder and leader of this group. They're goal is to get city to reject guilds, and eventually turn on them, through any means necessary. Even if it means destroying the city.

Last edited:
I left my CS as WIP because I'm not sure how it is so far, so id like your feedback if anything should be changed :)

So ... this is still open for new sheets to roll in right?
Yes.

1. I get that the discovery of magic changed the world but I see no reason for humanity to completely abandon science, especially not weapons technology, computers tech and renewable energy (and machines powered by them) as none of them have a reason to become redundant by magic - weapons are good as long as they kill - just look at AK-47 which is being still used today even if 50+ years old, don't get me started on computers and finally renewable (and other less clean forms) energy would be still a viable option for areas that have scarce access or don't want to depend on cores.
Also there are always those that would simply want to study science and research on what we already know.
They didn't. They just innovated it with magic. But unclean forms of energy are BANNED from Advent City, though they can still be found in and around the world.

So what progress did science make in the setting? I hope you will consider the current rate of progress. I am particularly interested in the development of Secondary (AKA Re-chargeable) Batteries and Electromagnetic Object Acceleration Mechanisms (Coilguns, Railguns and similar devices).
Rechargeable batteries. I already explained the magic cores. They are rechargeable batteries that power machines using magic as its energy source. coilguns and railguns wouldn't take place in this rp (I have already said NO Weapons of Mass Destructions)

2. If a character carries less weapons (like no melee weapon or two instead of three guns) can it carry more ammo or some other support equipment?
Ammo no. Support equipment would take the place of a melee weapon.

3. Do body armors, be it made out of Kelvar or more advanced materials exist and can they be used by Guilds?
This may be stupid, but IDK what Kevlar is. I'm assuming it's what bulletproof vests are made of? It can be made out of any of the ores and alloys in the OP

4. Those few bolt-action rifles still in use or designed in modern times are ether single-shot, five round magazine or ten round magazine. Any particular reason why would they use belts - which are usually used by heavy automatic weapons (and even those tent to keep the belts in boxes) instead of a compact easy to carry around magazine?
No. Belt. Bolt action rifles can hold more than one round in the chamber at one time, but no magazines or clips.

5. Under your limitation for max magazine size you mentioned guns but what would all that be? Are marksmanship/battle rifles, shotguns, SMGs, handguns, sniper rifles, anti-material rifles, machineguns all blundered in there together? Because each of those has a different role and some of them even lose all meaning if they have small ammo capacity.
Anti-material rifles are something I consider mass destruction, so therefor are banned. I'm making a standard ammo limit so people don't get all god mode and give themselves ridiculous amounts of ammo (Like the CS I had denied previously).

6. Rounds can be loaded into magazines manually. So if a characters takes time to load rounds manually wouldn't that allow the character to put enchanted rounds in a specific order, allowing the character to know which enchanted round will be loaded next (also if the character has someone load rounds manually in a prearranged order)?
1.) Someone else can't load a gun for you. You have to make the rounds yourself, since it has to be your mana.
2.) Yes, someone can put a round in manually, but they have to already have that kind of round. Before combat sequences begin, each character must specifically choose their ammo.
3.) If they have special magazines set aside with a specific type of round, that will still be easy to use.

I hope I am not being to bothersome but I like to see logic even in settings with magic if it is possible so I am wondering about the listed stuff. Hope you will respond to my worries and questions.
I'm doing my best. This is my FIRST group RP. I'm trying to get out of my element and try something new. So bear with me if something doesn't make absolute sense.

@~\The Talentless/~
" no kickback"
Make this limited kickback.

"7 bullets"
You put a custom magazine limit, so keep in mind you have a 50 round limit.

"practically invisible"
To keep this going, he'd need to be constantly using mana. So he can't keep this going for long periods of time. Think Advanced Warfare cloaking limits.

Name: Edward Lazaro
Okay. Accepted. Though I do think you based him WAY too much on Death Gun from SAO-II.
Also, you didn't mention whether he was a gang member or a guild member or a leader of either. He has to be affiliated with some kind of group, or he'd never see combat.

@~\The Talentless/~
" no kickback"
Make this limited kickback.

"7 bullets"
You put a custom magazine limit, so keep in mind you have a 50 round limit.

"practically invisible"
To keep this going, he'd need to be constantly using mana. So he can't keep this going for long periods of time. Think Advanced Warfare cloaking limits.

Okay. Accepted. Though I do think you based him WAY too much on Death Gun from SAO-II.
Also, you didn't mention whether he was a gang member or a guild member or a leader of either. He has to be affiliated with some kind of group, or he'd never see combat.
I actually only used the pictures and art from SAO because, why the hell not this was an awesome character outfit lol. But I mainly based it off the joker in a sense, wanting to show people that everyone is a monster, even the ones they adore, with the right amount of effort, anyone can become a monster. That's what he's going to try to do, while also causing chaos, and murders XD

I also wasn't sure on if I should add the gang affiliation until after the acceptation of the CS, just incase I need to SERIOUSLY change the CS or even redo it. Ill add the adjustments now

I actually only used the pictures and art from SAO because
The fact that he uses a sniper
z3yq48m.jpg
And a pistol
latest
Has NOTHING to do with the SAO Character XD. It's fine though. your character is accepted with those minor tweaks.

The fact that he uses a sniper
z3yq48m.jpg
And a pistol
latest
Has NOTHING to do with the SAO Character XD. It's fine though. your character is accepted with those minor tweaks.

HEY HEY HEY, spoiler, I didn't even know he had a sniper rifle, I haven't even gotten past episode 6 yet lol. plus I would've picked those two guns even if it was a deathgun looking cs XD, I love snipes :p

And I'm just sitting here wondering why the hell he's got a sniper that can shoot several miles + magic, when its stated in the opening that magic bullets have reduced range, and the max distance shot ever made is 3 miles. thats not even going in to the fact my char has a magic sniper rifle that basicly fires micro rockets and his max range is about 2 KM at best. unless I can rebalance to fit. considering the distance of what looks like a standard explosive or gas powered gun. Lets not even go in to the confliction of a no kickback sniper with High impact rounds meaning since it isn't bolt fed thats basicly a 7 shot semi-auto anti-tank rifle.

And I'm just sitting here wondering why the hell he's got a sniper that can shoot several miles + magic, when its stated in the opening that magic bullets have reduced range, and the max distance shot ever made is 3 miles. thats not even going in to the fact my char has a magic sniper rifle that basicly fires micro rockets and his max range is about 2 KM at best. unless I can rebalance to fit. considering the distance of what looks like a standard explosive or gas powered gun. Lets not even go in to the confliction of a no kickback sniper with High impact rounds meaning since it isn't bolt fed thats basicly a 7 shot semi-auto anti-tank rifle.
yes