Advent City OOC Sign Ups Thread

Not mid-air, only after the spell's been fired, so this should block spells, not magical bullets, because the bullets are useless once the spell is shot out.

Most bullets do, or else they'd fall to the ground after a certain distance.

you can only carry 3 of this magazine, so you should conserve ammo.

nope

I'm sorry but this is poorly written, with very little grammar.

This goes against my rules. And with the speed of sound things you obviously know very little about firearms.

I'm sorry but your character is denied.
Saw that coming XD

All right sorry about that. English is not my native language so I still have some trouble with writing proper grammar and such. I'll rewrite my personality and history. Ohh and why can't my character bring around books about handguns? I mean he is using a handgun.

All right sorry about that. English is not my native language so I still have some trouble with writing proper grammar and such. I'll rewrite my personality and history. Ohh and why can't my character bring around books about handguns? I mean he is using a handgun.
no I'm completely denying your character. You said magazines, not books, though.

Last edited:
But I thought magazine were also books?
Magazines are publications, usually periodical publications, that are printed or published electronically. (The online versions are called online magazines.) They are generally published on a regular schedule and contain a variety of content.
I googled that just to make sure.
Yeah but you had me confused, since you talked about guns and then said magazines. I was thinking gun magazines as in ammo. But still, I'm very sorry, but I cannot allow you in this RP.

Apologies my friend. I suppose I should have used the word "books" instead.

no I'm completely denying your character. You said magazines, not books, though.
So does that mean even If I create an entirely new character you still wont let me role-play in this rp?

So does that mean even If I create an entirely new character you still wont let me role-play in this rp?
yes, that's what I mean.

yes, that's what I mean.
Don't mean to rule against you since I'm just a player, but re-read what he said;

He was offering to make a whole new char. that's dedication, why not let him have a second chance? its not like he was arguing with you directly.

Don't mean to rule against you since I'm just a player, but re-read what he said;

He was offering to make a whole new char. that's dedication, why not let him have a second chance? its not like he was arguing with you directly.
He mentioned he speaks poor english. I'd prefer to have players with immaculate english.

He mentioned he speaks poor english. I'd prefer to have players with immaculate english.
Good Luck. I'm dyslexic. admittedly the spellchecker on here helps.

I'll give you one more chance. Make a new character and we'll see if it fits.

Well shit would you look at that. A GM that actually manages to make an interesting, novel, and yet still concise and to-the-point world pitch with his opening post. Colour me impressed, haven't seen much of that since my days on the Guild (RPG).

Obviously I'm interested haha, If there's still room in this I'd love to mke an application. I absolutely adore magitech and magic treated as science (in teh process of writing my own magical theory laws simply as a thought exorcise) and it;s so refreshing to see someone else tackle the same general themes. Though, I do need to ask, will you be enforcing consistency of the interplay of the laws of physics and magic in this? For example, you said gunpowder rounds couldn't be enchanted because the 'explosive energy' caused by the initial propelling mechanism that shoots the bullet out of the barrel distabilizes the magical energies. so by explosive energy I assume you mean excess kinetic force, thermal energy, and photon radiaton. So then can we assume that ANY enchanted item can have its magic distabilized by proportional exposure to light, heat, and force? or do other enchanted items regularly tank explosions and the bullets are being forbiden from being enchanted purely for plot/play reasons?

I find continuity of interplay very important in games like these *chuckles*. I forget who said it but "what's the point of talking about science if you're not going to be scientific about it?" sums up my disposition well haha.

ah, actually never mind. after reading a few pages of OOC i've completely lost interst in this.

best of wishes to you all.

I assume you mean excess kinetic force, thermal energy, and photon radiaton.
No I'm talking about the gunpowder explosion caused by normal bullets that cause them to be propelled from the barrel.

Gunpowder Explosion = chemical reaction caused by rapid deflagration of material that causes it to release stored energy as intense levels of light and thermal energy, simultaneously causing an incredible kinetic shockwave categorized by its relative destructive force due to a rapid expansion of gas.

dictionary deffinition of general explosions

a. A release of mechanical, chemical, or nuclear energy in a sudden and often violent manner with the generation of high temperature and usually with the release of gases. <---(this is the one we're on)
b. A violent bursting as a result of internal pressure. (like blowing up a balloon till it pops)
c. The loud, sharp sound made as a result of either of these actions.

In other words, light(photon radiation)+heat(thermal energy)+shockwave(kinetic force)= gunpowder explosion (what you are saying destroys enchantments).

or are you saying that it is specifically the explosion of gunpowder as a chemical agent in that tight barrel that destabilizes magic? In that case would a more powerful and large magical item also lose its enchantment if it was sealed in a metal tube that was filled with more gun powder that was detonated around it?

basically I'm asking if you are factoring in actual laws of physics (nothing complicated like specific formulas, just the basic deffinitions of what things are on a physical scale) into consideration when you talk about mixing magic with 'science'. Because those laws scale very precicely for very precice reasons, and having something interact with them in part (such as explosions destabilizing currents) means interacting with teh whole gamut you're on. Physics doesn't care if an explosion is happening in a gun barrel or in a jet engine. give it the same relative materials to work with and it will do the same things (that;s how we can make engines for big things like planes based on engines for small things like cars). If you feel i'm being pedantic in this explanation I assure you I'm not, I'm just ensuring that i am being thorough in this explanation, shoudl it interest you to read all this.

Anyways, what it comes down to is that it's perfectly okay to make up your own rules for how magic works in roleplays. it;s magic, no one can tell you that you;re 'magicing' wrong. However, It's just lazy to ignore the existing rules of physics in our real world (unless your rp takes place in a dreamspace or other altered space playing by different or nonexisting laws of physics) when desiging those rules for your magic system. But in cases like harry potter where it;s made clear that there's a total difference in basic theme between our world and the magical one, that;s excusable (still lazy though). But it;s inexcusable on a thematic standpoint if you plan to incorporate technology that blends those rules together (aka magitech).

But this is just my two cents as a former GM. Do with my advice what you will.

basically I'm asking if you are factoring in actual laws of physics (nothing complicated like specific formulas, just the basic deffinitions of what things are on a physical scale) into consideration when you talk about mixing magic with 'science'. Because those laws scale very precicely for very precice reasons, and having something interact with them in part (such as explosions destabilizing currents) means interacting with teh whole gamut you're on. Physics doesn't care if an explosion is happening in a gun barrel or in a jet engine. give it the same relative materials to work with and it will do the same things (that;s how we can make engines for big things like planes based on engines for small things like cars). If you feel i'm being pedantic in this explanation I assure you I'm not, I'm just ensuring that i am being thorough in this explanation, shoudl it interest you to read all this.

Anyways, what it comes down to is that it's perfectly okay to make up your own rules for how magic works in roleplays. it;s magic, no one can tell you that you;re 'magicing' wrong. However, It's just lazy to ignore the existing rules of physics in our real world (unless your rp takes place in a dreamspace or other altered space playing by different or nonexisting laws of physics) when desiging those rules for your magic system. But in cases like harry potter where it;s made clear that there's a total difference in basic theme between our world and the magical one, that;s excusable (still lazy though). But it;s inexcusable on a thematic standpoint if you plan to incorporate technology that blends those rules together (aka magitech).
Yeah... No I can't implement stuff that I don't know. I dropped out of high school and I only know Biology and Earth Science. And I know next to nothing about ballistics. I just wanted to do this RP.

I see. that's a shame but as I said I had already lost interest from this, so I still mean what i said originally.

Even if this roleplay doesn't particularly suit me I can tell you put in a lot of honest effort in building it. So I offer you the best of wishes in its continues success.

If you ever find yourself wanting any advice on worldbuilding don't hesitate to ask.

good day.

Still looking for submissions

Need more submissions, or this RP will be cancelled