Advent City OOC Sign Ups Thread

guys, I think I broke him?

I love the lack of denial and the plain admittance that its broken.
on a more serious note, I was just pushing the boundaries of the CS, if it bothers you that much, I will have no problem with editing the weapon specs for your convenience. I know how annoying it can be when things can seem unfair, and I'd rather have it so everyone can enjoy themselves in this without feeling as if things are unfair :)
guys, I think I broke him?

yes

XD

HEY HEY HEY, spoiler, I didn't even know he had a sniper rifle, I haven't even gotten past episode 6 yet lol. plus I would've picked those two guns even if it was a deathgun looking cs XD, I love snipes :p
XD Oops... Well yea... He's got a sniper... Oooppps..

Anyway, your character is accepted.
Will be adding him to the gang rosters and adding you to the group promptly. Look in the groups section for your invite

Edit: Putting your gang under Black Nightmares, since the gangs are color gangs

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
on a more serious note, I was just pushing the boundaries of the CS, if it bothers you that much, I will have no problem with editing the weapon specs for your convenience. I know how annoying it can be when things can seem unfair, and I'd rather have it so everyone can enjoy themselves in this without feeling as if things are unfair :)

XD
Ok, well let me just put it in perspective, Assume we not using rail/coil weapons for slug throwers, the maximum range of a modern day sniper is about 2 miles, the world record is 3 miles and this is a single action bolt fed 50 caliber sniper rifle. and its 2m long.
Now lets say that magic rounds halfs that distance so your max range is 1 mile, maybe, now your clip fed so crack that to 3/4 (due to semi automatic rifles losing accuracy due to reloading while firing). and then you lose more distance for having a lock-stock-and-barrel (your handgrip, clip position and stock are all part of the same construct, where as if you look at modern snipers, they have a tripod, and separate stock for additional damping and accuracy.)
Its also a balance issue. I suspect that he'd be a closer sniper, like a combat support sniper due to his invisibility and illusions, which would mean he could use magic weapon made for punching through armour, thus eliminating the concussion wave AND allowing for his magics (illuisionary ect) to play a larger part in his combat.
just my 2cents

Ok, well let me just put it in perspective, Assume we not using rail/coil weapons for slug throwers, the maximum range of a modern day sniper is about 2 miles, the world record is 3 miles and this is a single action bolt fed 50 caliber sniper rifle. and its 2m long.
Now lets say that magic rounds halfs that distance so your max range is 1 mile, maybe, now your clip fed so crack that to 3/4 (due to semi automatic rifles losing accuracy due to reloading while firing). and then you lose more distance for having a lock-stock-and-barrel (your handgrip, clip position and stock are all part of the same construct, where as if you look at modern snipers, they have a tripod, and separate stock for additional damping and accuracy.)
Its also a balance issue. I suspect that he'd be a closer sniper, like a combat support sniper due to his invisibility and illusions, which would mean he could use magic weapon made for punching through armour, thus eliminating the concussion wave AND allowing for his magics (illuisionary ect) to play a larger part in his combat.
just my 2cents
well the gun does have a bipod, but I understand what you mean. But I was thinking of using gas grenades for illusionary abilities, just haven't figured out how id do that.

lets say the gun itself is enchanted, not the bullets. so I can still have "limited" kickback and the light weight affect. but the bullets are now standard rounds, using gunpowder. Ill have him use gas grenades when his enemies get close, so he can either dispatch them quickly, or flee.

That makes more sense. also for the bipod argument;
4NOT-011823.jpg

Lock stock and barrel very much like yours, sure its a old gun, but it has the same build with the stock style
against a sniper build
20101101022210!Barrett_.50cal_3rd_person_MW2.PNG

Notice the seperated barrel, extended stock and recoil eating gas diffuser just under the scope?

Not bemoaning your choice of image, I'm just explaining why your sniper would be more like the rifles in Xcom, used at a distance from the actuall firefight, but not several miles away like a military sniper.

That makes more sense. also for the bipod argument;
4NOT-011823.jpg

Lock stock and barrel very much like yours, sure its a old gun, but it has the same build with the stock style
against a sniper build
20101101022210!Barrett_.50cal_3rd_person_MW2.PNG

Notice the seperated barrel, extended stock and recoil eating gas diffuser just under the scope?

Not bemoaning your choice of image, I'm just explaining why your sniper would be more like the rifles in Xcom, used at a distance from the actuall firefight, but not several miles away like a military sniper.
WELL seeing as how this is semi futuristic, anything is possible XD. But I will change the rounds, and make this more evened out. as well as adding gas canisters for close combat.

I was thinking of rounds bought with certain enchantments or having a supplier for those.
Nope. You have to make them.

And why is this so? A explanation would be nice but I will not insist on it.
I have not seen a single bolt-action weapon that uses magazines.

I am asking if one is able to put multiple enchanted round types in a single magazine - like have the first one be a explosive one, second a freezing one and so on, and count how many the gun fired to know which is coming next.
That's pretty much the whole concept. So that people don't instantly shoot what they want without knowing the next round.

What I am asking is if there have been any developments that have been made purely on science, without any relation to magic. Also since there is at least a dozen of years from now and the discovery of magic some progress would have been made in that time span. I am interested in this purely scientifically and technologically based development without any magic involved.
I don't know right now. Right now we are in signups stage. If need be, I'll think of this later on.
Why would Anti-material rifles be Mass Destruction? Those are basically larger caliber sniper rifles meant to allow one to engage ether infantry hiding behind walls or to engage lighter vehicles without the need to spend a dedicated AT rocket on it. But I will not poke into your reasons for saying different.
Because it can take out armored vehicles.

though I'd prefer if t wasn't anti-tank. And yeah, you should reduce the range a bit. There's almost never a way that would work. Eventually a building would get in your way and like Eddie said, that's way too long.

Bolt action with a clip? ~Points to the lee enfeild I made a image off~ Semi automatic bolt fed rifle. inbuilt clip. Possibly my favorite gun ever made. if just for the sheer awesomeness of it.

Bolt action with a clip? ~Points to the lee enfeild I made a image off~ Semi automatic bolt fed rifle. inbuilt clip. Possibly my favorite gun ever made. if just for the sheer awesomeness of it.
that's why I have a gas mask XD
I'm going to make an OOC discussion thread in the group. Why don't you both move this to there, so that this could just be for CSs entries.
Also, @~\The Talentless/~ put your CS inside the CS thread in the group.

I need to be invited to both groups =_=

Name: Shane Sterling
Appearance: [spoili]
330wuuw.jpg
[/spoili]

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Combat Type: Dual-wield Gunner/Mid-range fighter

Magic Type: Limited Mana transmutation

Weapon of Choice: Mary and Jane (Pistols)

Personality:
He is an egomaniac; he believes that all he does are in the right. It's the world that is totally wrong in every way. Not only that, he is quite vindictive as well.

History:
Born in a different city with police officers as parents, one would think he would grow up like them but that's not the case here. Ever since he was young he always wanted to change the world by beating the other kids in submission so they would follow him out of fear. The school he was in turned to be the cleanest and most well mannered school in the whole block. He was satisfied but as he grew up and graduated, he wanted to change even more. The best place to change the world? Advent city of course! Since the city has a monopoly on the latest tech. He was able to reach the city using the connections that his family has. His parents however did not know or did not want to suspect their son to be a maniac.

However only getting to Advent city was not enough, he needed money, influence and a whole lot of guns. Since it seems force is the only thing that people listen to in the world. He needed to know how the city functions and so he joined a gang.

Other:
Mary and Jane are custom colt pistols holding each holding 8 rounds per magazine. The difference between other colts and this one are: The awesome design, and ability to load magic rounds as gun models this old are unable to. The magazines are usually filled with rounds that burst in flames at impact nothing like a little anarchy.

Limited Mana Transmutation:

It means the ability to produce by twisting mana into corporeal substances. Limited to simple objects for example pipes, blades, very long and sharp sticks. It requires constant channeling of mana as such it is quite a burden to keep said object over long period of time as such without constant channeling it lasts for only 30 seconds.
Shane likes chicken pie.

(Subject to change?)

Last edited:
Name: Shane Sterling
Appearance: [spoili]
330wuuw.jpg
[/spoili]

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Combat Type: Dual-wield Gunner/Mid-range fighter

Magic Type: Limited Mana transmutation

Weapon of Choice: Mary and Jane (Pistols)

Personality:
He is an egomaniac; he believes that all he does are in the right. It's the world that is totally wrong in every way. Not only that, he is quite vindictive as well.

History:
Born in a different city with police officers as parents, one would think he would grow up like them but that's not the case here. Ever since he was young he always wanted to change the world by beating the other kids in submission so they would follow him out of fear. The school he was in turned to be the cleanest and most well mannered school in the whole block. He was satisfied but as he grew up and graduated, he wanted to change even more. The best place to change the world? Advent city of course! Since the city has a monopoly on the latest tech. He was able to reach the city using the connections that his family has. His parents however did not know or did not want to suspect their son to be a maniac.

However only getting to Advent city was not enough, he needed money, influence and a whole lot of guns. Since it seems force is the only thing that people listen to in the world. He needed to know how the city functions and so he joined a gang for a short amount of time. He learned that crime pays a lot more than guilds and any other job in advent city. He killed everyone in the gang he was in and establishes a entirely new gang using the resources that was left but the previous gang. He sets out to gain total control of advent city and soon the world to create a world he believes is perfect.

Other:
Mary and Jane are custom colt pistols holding each holding 8 rounds per magazine. The difference between other colts and this one are: The awesome design, interchangeable calibres (9mm, .45, .256) and ability to load magic rounds as gun models this old are unable to. The magazines are usually filled with rounds that burst in flames at impact nothing like a little anarchy.

Limited Mana Transmutation:

It means the ability to produce by twisting mana into corporeal substances. Limited to simple objects for example pipes, blades, very long and sharp sticks. Objects disappears after a certain time limit as been reached, Purer the mana longer the time limit and vice versa. Using standard mana capsules the time limit before object disintegration is 30 minutes. Enchantment can be place on the objects but benefits in doing so has yet to be found. Creating more complex objects for example an arrow or a bow require more mana capsules. An arrow has an arrow head, shaft, fletching and a nook therefore a total of 4 mana capsules are needed. Simpler objects like a sharp stick can be made using only 1 mana capsule. The densities of the object are determined at the time of transmutation.

Shane likes chicken pie.

(Subject to change?)
You barely changed it.
I said no to the interchangeable rounds.
30 minutes is still a bit long to have mana constantly being manifested.
Mana is not used in capsules it comes from the body. You cannot actually use mana that isn't yours unless powering a machine that does not directly rely on the user. There is no mana capsules.
And like I said to another person, you need to either join or start a gang. If you start a gang, you need to correlate it to a color as well as another name.