Across the Wasteland

"Which medicine?" He asked, suddenly interested. It was then that it became apparent what was wrong with him. His eyes were completely flat. What would have been a pretty shade of brown, his eyes were completely emotionless, and any expression was made flat by his eyes.

"Huh..." he said. "I can see why Xavier would keep you around..."

"I don't know. Something to help with his terrible headaches ... He could die if not." he shrugged and tugged onto his jacket. His eyes looked like his father's.... empty and perverted. He already knew what was coming but he had to be strong.

The man got to his feet, obviously favoring his right foot as he regarded the boy. "I might have something..." he mused, reaching into the pockets of A worn backpack. Apparently finding what he was looking for, he straightened before saying, "I may have something to help him. There's no guarantee that it'll work, but it's your best shot." Before snow covered the earth, the man had been a doctor, and knew that this medicine would work for a couple diseases, but without going to see Xavier he had no way of knowing.

"But it will cost you. In exchange for this medicine, you must spend the night with me and do all I ask. Nothing more. Do wwe have an understanding?"

Something inside of him stung but he didn't hesitate nor stutter for a second as he agreed to the deal, "my wolf will kill you he you hurt of tough, so you might want to be careful about that." his face blank, he took the medicine and rushed away not allowing for any complaints or response.
He quicly made his way onto the igloo, finding Vaungh sitting besides the entrance.

By the time Xavier heard footsteps outside his home, even moving seemed to hurt. He was keeping his eyes shut tight, since even opening them hurt. When he heard footsteps, and Vaughn wasn't growling or barking, he cracked his eyes opened, asking, "Emmet...? I thought you left..."

Curling up into a fetal position as another splitting headache wracked his body, he cried out, squeezing his eyes shut again as he buried his head into the sleeping bag, the pounding in his head receding little by little.

'God...don't let me die alone...' he thought to himself, fear curling around his heart.

He didn't gave himself the right to feel anything at all, he pulled the man between his arms and forced the medicine down on him. "you're not dying. But I'll be gone until tomorrow" he replied, putting the medicine on some corner and kissing his head "night's coming soon. I'll have to go ... But please don't make a scene. It doesn't affect me anymore." he finished.

Swallowing the medicine given him, Xavier looked weakly up at Emmet, shaking his head as he realized where he was going. "No..." he said, grabbing at his wrist. "Don't go to that bastard...Please." Feeling an awful fear filling him, he said, "I wouldn't forgive myself..." Not letting go of Emmet, even though his grip was weak, he said, "I don't want you to go back to being emotionless and cold...I want you to stay the way you are..."

I already told you" he replied, "it doesn't affect me anymore, I'm not changing, not now." with this he just forced himself up and stepped away. "i ... Love you." he said. Spoke into the wolf's far and left at last.
'cut to the chase' he thought to himself before he pressed onwards.

It was almost night when he arrived, having walked slowly, and walked into that man's tent.

Feeling like a failure as a human as he let Emmet go, even after he said he loved him, Xavier held his head in his hands, feeling the headache recede a little. 'Please just get back safe,' he thought to himself, hugging himself as his light hair fell in his eyes.

-----

When the boy entered his home, the man said, rather unconvincingly, "I hope the medicine helped Xavier..." After a moment, he continued. "Come here...glad to see you didn't back out if your deal..." Having him lie down on his own sleeping bag, he knealt over him, that same dead look to his eyes appearing.

The boy averted his eyes, non responsive to the older man that stood over his small body, his thoughts only flew away towards everything he had done along with xavier and his wolf.

The man had his way with the boy, doing all he pleased to his smaller frame, barely caring that the boy was next to unresponsive. Still, he had fallen asleep by the time morning came, and was awake with the sun.

-----

Xavier had fallen into a fitful sleep halfway through the night, though it was filled with nightmares about Emmet. What if, when he came back, he rejected his touch just as easily as he had the first day he had come. What if Emmet never came back? What if he came back changed? As these thoughts fueled his nightmares, Xavier tossed and turned in his sleep, until finally starting awake in a cold sweat as the sun was barely peeking over the horizon.

Right in front of him, a pair of aquamarine eyes stared at them, his clothes were a little shuffled and he was missing his scarfs, Emmet was crouching in front of the man, just watching him sleep, until now, he had a small snicker on his lips, but he didn't seem to really mind it, he placed some other kind of medicine by the side of the sleeping back and sat down, tired of his position.

" ... Were you able to sleep?" he asked, pulling on his shirt's neck, liberating almost steam, he looked exhausted, and very uncomfortable sitting but he kept it quiet.

"No," Xavier answered truthfully. "I was worried about you..." Squinting, as if trying to make sure Emmet was same as always, he took stock of his clothes, before asking, "What did that bastard do to you? I'll fucking kill him..." Pushing himself into a seated position, he ignored the headache that was pulsing at the back of his mind.

Frowning, he reached for his knife, ready to kill the manman even though he was in no position to move.

He tug onto his sleeve and pushed him down by the shoulders, sighing and sighing at himself "He didn't do anything I didn't allow him to." lie. "I didn't want that to go too far" lie. He averted his face to turn to his wolf, who wouldn't go closer to him. "... Vaughn is mad at me because I tied him up, isn't he"

"Don't lie to me," Xavier said, the hints of worry and tears in his voice. "I know how he is...I know what he'd make you do for the medicine. Just...don't hide it from me. Not when I already know what he's done." Taking a deep, steadying breath, he sat up again, hating himself for letting Emmet go anywhere near that bastard.

Anger, worry, and...was that burning, tight feeling in his chest jealousy? Was he jealous because he hadn't gotten to touch, hold, and worship the pale skin Emmet had hiding beneath his clothes when he was being raped? Flushing red at the thought, angry at himself more than anything,

"I'm gonna kill him," Xavier growled, attempting to get to his feet again.

Emmet couldn't think of a better way to do it, but he stood up and pushed him down, gripping on his shoulders "Yes, he raped me, so what?" he asked, his voice was so cold one would think he seriously wasn't feeling anything, but anger "I know when a man wants to touch me. And I know when they just want to 'get off', I know when they practically undress me with their eyes. I know everything, but it isn't necessary for you to beat yourself over such stupidity, it's trivial." he growled "I told you over and over. I don't care, I'm numb, I can't feel anything anymore... I can't suffer"

Xavier's eyes filled with hurt as Emmet shouted at him, hands clenching into balls. As he spoke his last few words, the older man said, "But I care...and I'm scared that if I let this happen, you'll think me weak and complacent...that we'll begin arguing all the time again. I'm scared that some day you'll become so numb to the world that you'll leave me again, but this time it'll be forever. I'm scared that you won't...that you won't say, 'I love you,' to me again!" The last part had come out as a shout, and Xavier's normally cool pale grey eyes were afraid, angry, and sad.

He felt hurt "I'm not your property!" Vaughn growled and stood up at the boy's shouting "If I want to do something I'll do it, I'm not a pet, I'm not a toy, nor am I your property, I don't want you to be afraid about that stuff, I'm not leaving, and if I don't want to tell you I love you, I won't say it, if I want to, I will say it. I have always been like this, I'm not going to change, nothing can harm me any more than my father had said" he growled and then let go, just crawled to another side and hugged his knees, he was still sore.

Xavier frowned softly as Emmet sat down. Sighing, he forced his body to stand, an odd expression on his face. Kneeling next to him, he slowly wrapped his arms around the boy's smaller frame. "Look..." he said, "I know you're not my property...but I also know what the world does to people now. It's not fair, it's not right, and...I want to believe that I can help you...even if it's just making sure no one hurts you. Does...does it hurt much?" Forcing a slight smile, he gently rubbed Emmet's back, wanting to make the pain go away.

He shrugged, he felt a sting on pan when he felt the embrace and he wanted to cringe in pain, but he kept it to himself, to be truthful to himself, the rubbing on his back made him feel better, even made him feel like he could trust Xavier with what he was about to do "... I got some stuff from him while he slept" he replied only, and pointed at the almost brand new looking clothes, even a pair of black long boots, but too small to be for Xavier, there was a pair of leather jackets and a few belts here and there, gauze, water, medicine and some other clothes like shirts or jeans. "...I brought a collar for Vaughn, but he's mad at me"