Across the Wasteland

"I...I don't know," Xavier answered truthfully. "It's just...life's given you such hell...and..." he took in a shaky breath, "I just want to make it a bit better for you, while I'm still here..." He smiled softly, before getting a peach of his own and eating it, the sickly sweet syrup jolting his system.

"Man..." he said to himself. "Jacoby must've been crazy not to eat these..." Eating another, he smiled at the syrup on Emmet's lips before bringing up his thumb and gently brushing it over his lips, wiping it away. Sucking it off his thumb, he smiled again at him, trying to forget about the throbbing ache in his head.

He looked up and leaned in closer, putting his head on the blade of his shoulder. "I won't let you die." he mumbled, barely hearable, and barely felt, he looked up at him and then just moved back down to his place, eating a few more slices and stared at him "Vaughn should be back soon..." he looked away, and just as he spoke, the wolf was back inside staring at them like "wad up"

Glancing at the wolf when he entered, Xavier hesitantly reached out a hand, scratching Vaughn behind his ears, still a bit worried he would bite his arm off if he did something wrong. Still, he thoughtfully petted him as he used his free hand to eat another slice of peach.

"God these are good," he muttered before using his knife to open the other can. "Do you want the syrup?" He asked Emmet, gesturing to the empty can.

The beast at first was quite reclutant, but then it gave Emmet a look and just nodded at the man as appreciation to his gesture, before moving away and lying down besides his 'brother'. "Yes" the boy replied, taking the can and calmly drinking from it slowly, it was strong and soft but he liked it quite a lot in fact, he hadn't eaten anything like it before.

"... " he turned to Xavier "We should rest a bit" he glanced at the darkness outside already having fallen, it was early tough, it only meant storm.

"Mmm," Xavier said, before wolfing down another peach. Nodding, he gave the rest of the can to Emmet before lying down, feeling energized by the sugar in his system. "Come here," he said, his eyes more wide and lucid than they had in a long time. Holding out his arms, he shivered in his jacket, feeling cold again.

Smiling slightly, as the headache receded a bit, he stretched before yawning, the syrup making him feel sick, but in a good way.

((omgomgomgomgomgofjkdfv))

He obliged almost instantly, crawling like a wolf sneaking in the snow toward him when he was done drinking the syrup as well, lying down on top of him like he was one another blanket, looking at him from under his locks, his eyes always at Xavier's, and he went down, to hide his face besides his neck.

Xavier let his arms wrap around the smaller form on top of him, feeling a soft sort of warmth emanating from Emmet. "Mmm," he mumbled before letting his eyes fall shut, though he was still buzzing with sugar.

Falling asleep quickly once he crashed from his sugar high, Xavier only awoke when the sun brightened the sky, later than usual. Immediately, he felt something was wrong. Eyes flying open, he realized what it was: Emmet was gone. Heart pounding in his chest, Xavier leapt to his feet, taking out his knife as he left his home, feeling panicky as he tried to find Emmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was nowhere to be seen at all, however his wolf was still there, tied up with a rope to the side of the igloo, roaring and growling frantically as he pulled into it and chew on his binding, staring and whining at Xavier once he came into sight.

But what had happened the night before?
...Simple.

During the night he had spent the last few hours in absolute darkness, on top of Xavier's body, enjoying his warmth, and the feeling of his chest going up and down slowly, his arms embracing him in a kind gentle manner, he couldn't stop the thoughts of his head. It was like he was being sung a song of healing, and his heart was the one being fixed, since he, for the very first time in years, WAS feeling SOMETHING, for SOMEONE, he couldn't let that go, he just couldn't allow Xavier to die like that to leave him alone in this merciless world, to fall back down into the empty void his body and soul had turned into.

"........... " he finally made up his mind. He slowly and calmly stood up, allowing Xavier's arms to trace his arms by instinct, he moved away, however going closer to the man to crouch down and just... watch him, eyes softly following the traces he could see of his face, but then he just stood up, taking Vaughn and tying him up outside the Igloo, he knew he'd be fine, he'd just dig a hole and sleep warm.

He looked away, toward the place he had been warned about, but he didn't care about what happened to him, what could one more rape do to him? His body was numb and he hadn't felt anything real until the late evening with Xavier, that thing he did with his lips... only thinking of it he felt his mind scramble for a minute, before he pressed onwards, ignoring Vaughn's yelling, there, toward enemy territory.

When he saw Vaughn tied up, Xavier immediately cut the rope, shouting at him,"Go! Go find Emmet!" As the wolf streaked off, his heart fell into his stomach as he saw the direction, and immediately he felt like he was going to be sick. Upon seeing the single see of footprints going outwards, the feeling worsened, and Xavier let out a string of curses before following the wolf, ready to kill the smarmy bastard if he'd so much as touched Emmet.

Halfway there, he was hit by another headache, this one worse than those before it. Crying out and falling g to his knees, he had to hold his head, take steady breaths, and keep calm for several minutes before he felt well enough to continue. Shaking off the last traces of his headache, he kept running, heart pounding in his chest.

Once outside the shelter the man lived in, he shouted, "Emmet!" before beginning to make his way into the shelter.

At first nothing happened, but then the sound of cracking snow let itself be heard, along with a wolf's barking, Vaughn, who ran straight toward Xavier, not allowing for a word to be raid he ran past him and jumped on someone or something. Emmet, was lying there under the snow, probably having being caught by a storm, but when he was dug out, he didn't look hurt or afflicted by the cold, on contrary wise, he seemed very much ok, except maybe he was a little wet.
He looked up and noticed the older man instantly, widening his eyes at him and pacing quickly "...What are you doing here...? You're sick, you need rest" he complied, angrily growling at him.

"I'm fine," Xavier said, before pulling the kid into his arms. He didn't know why, but it felt right, and he knew he needed to know Emmet was real and not some figment of his imagination. "You're okay," he said softly, though it was unclear who he was talking to.

Pulling away, he urgently said, "Why'd you leave? Did...did that bastard touch you?" Balling his fist, he glanced in the direction of his shelter, he was deciding whether or not to kill him before glancing at Emmet. "We need to get you back home and out of those wet clothes. I'm not letting you get pneumonia because of wet clothes." Grabbing his wrist, he pulled him in the direction of home, wanting to get Emmet in something dry as soon as possible.

He didn't even blink, he just remained eye widened at the moment he was held, his mind suddenly a fuzz and his stomach revolted. He wanted to vomit just out of nervousness, his eyes squinted when he was told he was okay.

He wasn't. Not like this, not with this thoughts going around inside him. He dug his talons on the snow and didn't allow Xavier to pull him "No! I haven't even spoken to him ..." he yelled, having raised his voice enough to be a yell for the first time since they had met. "..... You're not okay. I don't want to be alone again"

Eyes flying wide as the kid shouted, Xavier turned to him, letting his hand go. The moment he finished, he replied, "I've told you, I'm fine. And I promise, I will never leave you alone. No matter what, I will be here for you. I promise. You won't be alone."

After several moments of silence, he said, "I know what it is to be alone, Emmet. The last ten years, I've been alone, and I would've died alone had you not come into my home uninvited. And now you're going to force me into this again, into being alone until I die. Please...don't do this to me..." Feeling tears coming to his eyes, he brushed them away with his sleeve, forcing them down with sheer willpower.

He squinted his eyes "And I've been alone my entire life! You're lying, I know a liar when I see one!" he growled, Vaughn began to get altered, looking as if he'd leap at Xavier at any moment for any reason "You won't take that away from me, I won't watch you die saying you're okay!" right there under his locks, his cheekbones, he was blushing, either be it the anger, or shame, or fear, or cold, he was blushing strongly, still avoiding getting closer to him.

"Well maybe I am dying," Xavier argued, "but maybe I don't want to die by myself. Please..." he glanced at the wolf, wary of it as it growled at him. "I don't want to be alone when I die...and I'm here begging you to spend my last few days with me." As if to prove that, Xavier went to his knees, gazing up at Emmet with sad, broken eyes.

"Please," he choked out, his voice cracking as he sobbed.

"No!" he yelled back "I won't be alone! I don't want to, not now, not again!" he growled, and just like that he literally ran back to the place, Vaughn posing itself between Xavier and the way Emmet had ran to.

Xavier made no move to follow him, hanging his head as his shoulders shook with the effort of not crying. Ignoring the wolf, he held his head in his hands, waiting for the next wave of pain to pass through him. Taking deep breaths in an effort to calm himself down, he squeezed his eyes shut. And there, right on time, the headache came, and he was doubled over, yelling out as the pain tore through him.

When the worst of it had passed, he slowly got to his feet, resigning himself to a death in solitude, with no one to miss him or remember that he had been alive. Trudging back to his home, he crawled inside before lying down in the sleeping bag, his head pounding.

((Time for new OC and Emmet then? It'd be interesting if he was assaulted from the back, but with Vaughn there, that's instant suicide so no.))

Emmet couldn't stop, not now, Xavier couldn't die, he wouldn't allow that, he ran to the hoot of that stranger he had seen before and went inside, accompanied by Vaughn as usual, looking around with a frown on his face. "..." he remained quiet, despite everything.

Glancing up when he heard footsteps, the man smiled slightly when he saw the boy. You're Xavier's kid, aren't you? Did he find some medicine? If he did, it's already too late. My boy passed last night, but who knows, maybe if the medicine had gotten here sooner, my boy would still be alive..." As the man trailed off, he returned to his work.

Outwardly, he appeared rather normal, but many of those in their twenties now could tell you numerous horror stories, most of them true. "Funny," he said, almost thoughtfully. "I never knew Xavier to be generous, so you're probably not here because of him...is there something else you need?"

At first he was quite frustrated by the early comment, but it was true, he didn't really bother answering anything, he just crossed his arms, but it was true, Xavier was truly not very generous, specially because he was quite nervous.

He stared at the man for a moment and crouched in front of him "I know a liar when I see one." he said, looking up at him. "But I need something from you, I'll let you do anything to me, but I need a medicine."