Across the Wasteland

Xavier listened to the man, shifting uncomfortably. He was right...for Emmet, he would do anything. Even if it meant that he would force himself to live, at all costs. Wrapping his arms around him, he pulled Emmet onto his lap, nuzzling his neck softly and kissing it.

(Sorry for my delay, I've had a horrible pair of weeks including not sleeping during them and school problems but I'm ok now)

Emmet didn't comment to this gentle portray of tenderness but also shifted a little bit uncomfortable,
somehow although he adored this man's contact, unlike any other before, and accepted it with wide
open arms, it was weird to receive it in another man's presence, specially one as sickly as the sniper,
he didn't think he would ever mind but it somehow just felt wrong to do such a thing in his presence.
"Wait, Xavier..." he mumbled, turning to him and kissing him "L-Let's do this ... later" he mumbled.

The older man only laughed at that display and turned around to give them at least a bit of privacy.

"Alright," Xavier reluctantly answered, pulling away slightly. "But later I'll collect, with interest..." Chuckling softly, he kissed Emmet again, sensing his discomfort. It made sense; why should they be doing something that so blatantly celebrated living when there was this man in front of them, practically on death's door.

"Feels colder than usual," he mumbled, wishing for his sleeping bag and a new blanket to wrap himself in.

"ahh ... I just remembered the chocolate ice cream that always had cookies in it" the sniper suddenly commented turning to look at Xavier "Do you remember those? The ones that had like, white chocolate but on the inside they had chocolate cream and Oreo cookie pieces?" with the question came a dim smile "I remembered that right this moment, but you know what else? I also remembered we're literally on top of an ice cream shop and that you guys are lying on a gateway inside of it." he then pointed under Emmet, the boy jolted and stood up, having noticed why he felt his read a little ... uncomfortable. He was sitting right where the handle was for some reason.

As the man reminisced about ice cream, Xavier found himself remembering. It wasn't that same flavor he had loved, but just thinking about ice cream was bringing back memories of hot summer days and chasing down the ice cream truck to buy a Popsicle. However, at the mention of them sitting on top of an ice cream store, he immediately stood up.

"You've gotta be kidding me," he said incredulously. "Ice cream?!" Feeling like a little kid, he pulled Emmet up, internally wondering if the ice cream would still be any good, or even if the store was intact after ten years of snow. "How'd you know about this?" he asked the man.

The man instantly let out a slight chuckle "Because I was born in this town, I used to have a map and I remember pretty much any route" he replied and stood up as well, leaning on the wall "The man must have stored a lot down there ... and I'm sure the ice cream is fine" he commented casually.

Xavier found a latch, and pulled, hearing the sound if metal groaning and ice cracking. After several minutes of pulling, the young man had the doorway open. Turning to Emmet, he said, "Would you like go to first?" He wasn't sure if his love had ever eaten ice cream, so it made him giddy to have a chance to see Emmet eat his ice cream for the first time.

tumblr_inline_mqtzw2HUD11qz4rgp.jpg

"N-No ..." underground was not a happy place for him, underground was scary and dark, and cold. Everything Xavier wasn't.
He stared at his lover for a long moment "y-you go .. first." he requested pulling on his sleeve like a scaredy child trying to
act tough again. The sniper didn't even look their way, he just sighed and looked at the little couple on their business, and the
hope on Xavier's face.

Xavier nodded. "Alright," he said, before descending first, disappearing into the hole. Once he reached the bottom, he looked up and smiled. "See?" he asked. "It's okay." He turned, looking around. It looked like he had come into the freezer, but it wasn't any colder than aboveground. There were cardboard boxes everywhere, but all had a thick frost on them. Taking out his knife, he used the handle to break away some of the ice, then the blade to cut the box open. Inside were big quart-sized cartons of ice cream. Taking one out, he wiped away the frost on the label. Blueberry cheesecake, he read, making him smile. After so long...ice cream!