Across the Wasteland

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"About what?" Xavier asked, smiling at the blush. 'God, he's cute when he blushes,' he thought, tempted to brush his finger along the reddened skin. "Sex?" Moving to him, he knelt down next to Emmet, taking his hand into his before addressing his earlier statement. "Also, if it ever gets to it between us..." his voice softened, "I'll be gentle...I'll make sure not to hurt you, okay?"

Ruffling his hair again, he lightly placed a kiss on Emmet's cheek, his arm around his shoulder comfortingly. "Hmm," he murmured. "...I love you...you know that, right?"

((ooc: you want it more than him you know))

He looked up at him, and only shrugged, kissing him back but still very reluctant about the contact, he wanted to run away and curl up in a corner, but at the same time he liked it, probably because he'd never felt it, and because Xavier's body gave him warmth. "... Me too."

Smiling at the soft words, Xavier squeezed Emmet's hand, liking the feeling of his hand in his. "If I'm ever too fast or too rough, tell me, okay?" he murmured before kissing him again, this time on the lips. Careful not to be too forceful, he pulled away a moment later, smiling softly. "Doing okay?" he asked softly, squeezing his hand again.

He nodded, began blushing a little more and leaned in closer, obviously like an awkward first timer he was nervous and didn't know what to do, his pupils were looking down, but thanks to his hair, it was hard seeing his expression of stress.

Xavier sighed before lying down on the sleeping bag, pulling Emmet down next to him. "Sleepy?" he asked, yawning even though he had slept last night. Running his fingers through Emmet's hair, he gazed into the boy's eyes before asking, "If I go to sleep, you won't be gone without telling me first? I worry about you, and I want to know you're safe..."

He laid back down on top of him, but more like, on his side, just his head and arms were on top of his body, eyes hidden from sight, same as his entire expression. "You know I always do" he mumbled, closing his eyes. He knew Xavier was sick, and that that other man would be raging mad when he found out about what had happened to his stuff, but he had no regrets, after all, with Vaughn on his side, no one had been able to actually hurt him really.

Xavier smiled softly, believing him. Still, he laced the fingers of his right hand with Emmet's, so he might notice if the boy left him. Wrapping his other arm around him, he gently kissed him once more before pulling away slightly so he could zip up the sleeping bag. "Wake me up in a few hours if you're awake by then, okay?" he asked, before shutting his eyes, a deep tiredness coming over him.

Emmet only watched him, silently tracing every bit of his sleeping face with deeply serious eyes, his expression was blank, but he noticed the way their hands were bonded together, and he couldn't help it but also close his eyes.

Who would have known? That night with the wolves, the destruction of his camp, the numerous fights. They would all lead to this very quiet, very deserved moment, in which he felt. .. safe. He turned his sight to the wolf, whom just walked over and laid down besides Xavier, that could only mean acceptance, coming from him in particular. "He's good, Vaungh" he whispered, and the wolf laid it's head on top of the man, looking at the boy with sad eyes, before closing them and sighing through it's nose.

" ... "

Xavier woke up several hours later, yawning and surprised to feel the wolf laying its head on him as well. Scratching Vaughn behind the ears, he got up to his elbows, sighing down at Emmet. "We'll make it," he said softly, and for once he truly believed the words. The world had to cool down eventually, and Xavier would ride out the endless winter until the day the snows ceased and the ice began to melt.

Emmet noticed the moving because by accident the wolf's nose got stuck on the middle of his brows, annoying him to no end, and just squeezing on Xavier's hand, the beast only groaned and moved away, while the boy only accommodated himself on the man's lap, not letting go off their bonding, like it was keeping him in peace, or even alive.

Xavier squeezed Emmet's hand back, a soft smile appearing on his face. "Sleep okay?" he asked, his pale eyes looking into the blue ones that were mostly covered by hair. Stifling back another yawn, he asked, "You hungry? I don't want you feeling like I don't feed you...besides, you gotta keep your strength up..."

"... Do I have to?" he asked, looking up at him with tired eyes, he just wanted to sleep, and do nothing else in the world for now.

"Not if you don't want to," Xavier replied, smiling again. "You still sleepy?" Running his hand along the boy's hair, he murmured, "If you're still tired, you can go to sleep, okay?"

Emmet then lied back down, closing his eyes and sighing softly, his body wasn't in pain anymore thanks to the well deserved hate, but remnants of his attack still lied there, here and there stinging from time to time and by the time he noticed he couldn't go back to sleep so he simply sat back up and stared at his wolf, clasping his fingers at it. The beast walked closer and licked his face gently, then lying down besides him lazily.

" ... Someone's coming" he mumbled, it was probably that man, wanting to take back the stolen things.

Xavier had fallen into a sort of half-sleep, aware of the things around him but still mostly asleep. Still, at the words, 'Someone's coming,' he startled awake, immediately reaching into his pocket to get his knife. Sitting up, he took the blade out, the steel glinting the soft light. "Get behind me," he said to Emmet lowly, stepping close to the entrance.

"No way" Emmet growled, and stepped outside without a single hint of an expression in his voice or face, the wolf following him, ready to just lap out at something or someone.

((ooc: sorry for these, i'm absent minded right now, feel like using less for a lot)

((It's fine :) ))

Frowning as Emmet left before him, Xavier followed, not about to let Emmet go out by himself. Sure enough, it was the man. "Your goddamn kid stole from me!" he shouted at Xavier.

"And you raped him!" Xavier replied, stepping forward. Before the man could do anything more, Xavier barreled into the man, tackling him into the ground. Dropping the knife, he attacked the man, all the stress and anger of the past ten years finally being released. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" he screamed as he felt something break beneath his fist.

In that instant, Vaughn leaped on Xavier pushing him away from the man with a single headbutt, and Emmet knelt before the other man, touching his neck for a moment before turning to Xavier "We should gather his stuff. He's dead. You killed the only doctor around" he growled. He wasn't mad at Xavier because he had killed the man necessarily, but now who would help him...? If Xavier got bad again, he wouldn't know what to do anymore. "We're going to have to move and quickly. We have to travel now, no one's going to pass the chance to kill us to get what this man had."

When Xavier was pushed off the man, he brought his hands up, seeing the blood that now stained his gloves. Feeling a pang of guilt when Emmet told him the man was dead, he brushed it away. 'That bastard deserved to die,' he thought to himself, though the guilt persisted.

Sitting up, he sighed as Emmet said that they would need to move. "I'll start getting the stuff," he said, crawling back inside.

Emmet just stared at his back at he did, a feeling of dread filling him slowly and he crouched, staring at the lifeless corpse, he was shivering, horrifying dread filling him now when his mind got washed in the thoughts of what he could do for Xavier, if he had finished the last person who could help him? He didn't have any mind for the mundane, he didn't care about the abuse or the rapes, just as long as that lonely sad man could live. Nervous as a chihuahua, and now completely out of reach.

He took Vaughn's head and whispered, the beast sped off and he walked inside the igloo, looking down stressed now.