Academy for the different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanna saw one of the people Ray had teleported to and he introduced himself. After listening for a while Zanna finally spoke. "Nice to meet you Maxwell." And with that she went back to just listening waiting for free period so she could see what everyone that new what there powers were could do.

Hearing what Maxwell said as he walked away he couldn't help but smile. As simple as it was he couldn't help but feel happy at the fact that for once someone had actually assumed the best of him instead of the worst. For a moment he felt like maybe this school wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened to him, despite his temper tantrum earlier that mourning. It was a strange feeling when he realised he actually felt accepted. He didn't stop, despite feeling a strong urge to. Instead, he looked back over his shoulder with a grin and called out back to him. "So far you're the best person I've met for a long while, so I'll say this as honestly as I can." He took a deep breath before continuing. "Talk to you later, max!" He waved and quickened his pace around the corner, not wanting to embarrass himself even further. He plugged his headphones back in and tried to take his mind of what he had just said. He was sure his brother would be proud of him for making the effort, even if he had been spectacularly awkward. He was glad he had at least gotten the chance to meet him. Something about him was fascinating. Maybe it was just the fact that Max had been interested in him that intrigued him. The fact he was handicapped didn't really matter to Hakaru. He could tell that he was a strong person and somehow his presence didn't seem to bother him as much as the majority of the other people here did. He sighed, realising it would be harder now to find any privacy. He eventually found a tree to sit bene it hand brought out his materials, planning on continuing his sketching but soon. However; a new idea soon sprung to mind and he turned to the next page.

(( @Trust Your character should draw the banana king! AHAHAHA. No, I'm drawing him currently in real life.
Also since Raven apparently got here just a few... minutes... late, I'll do something before he left. So... ))
BEFORE HE LEFT:
Upon hearing his name from a strange voice he had not heard before, he turned around and saw someone. "Oh, uh... hello. It's nice to meet you too!" He felt as if it was weird that she'd already known his name before he gave it out to anyone, but he shrugged. Maybe her power was mind reading. Maxwell actually didn't believe in things such as telekinesis and telepathy, but here, anything could happen.
---
PRESENT:
He felt like a hero inside for once, he actually made someone happy despite his strict nature. Maxwell doubted that he was the best person that Haruka had met on the campus, however. Since he and Haruka also needed their space, it was best to let him go for now. Waving, he thought it was... odd that Haruka sped around the corner. Could it be that Haruka was just saying things? Shaking his head, he knew that couldn't be the possibility. Sighing, he sat still, thinking of what to do before practice started. Instead, he decided to do some math problems in his free time. He took a jagged rock about the side of his thumb and drew on the concrete as if the rock was chalk. "Ninety-five plus X squared times twelve squared..." Mumbling to himself, he set up a complex problem and picked at it to figure out an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
(( @District I laughed more than I should have XD ))
As he sat sketching he hoped that he hadn't been too confusing. He had an artistic mind, both visually and verbally so sometimes the way he spoke would be rather cryptic. He also hoped he hadn't come off as a weirdo because of his apparent mood swinging and his no-touch policy. The thing was it wasn't the touching that was the problem. It was what came from that touch. He had learnt when he was very young that weird things happened when he touched things. It wasn't just from touch, it could just come from being around people. He got weird feelings from other people. He didn't know what it was but it varied from person to person. Sometimes it would make him angry, or sad, or even happy. In crowds he'd get so many different feelings he'd become overwhelmed and ill. In some cases it even came from objects such as the bed in his new room. He yawned at the thought of his bed. He hadn't slept well because of it all. He closed his eyes, telling himself he would be able to wake up before meeting with the others.

(Sorry for missing out a lot, but I live in GMT+1, so it was night time for me :s)

Lala took a bite out of her loaf of bread while watching the other kids. At once someone teleported right next to her. Her head turned to the person that had started talking to her, but she couldn't hear a word he was saying. She sighed and turned off her music and took her headphones off. It seemed like he had already stopped talking to her. 'What were you saying?' she asked him with a cold voice.

Kaori and Kaoru were consuming their breakfast in peace, enjoying each other's company. Both would glance at the entrance door whenever someone walks in. Occasionally, Kaoru disliked being in a room full of people since it usually gave him a headache. Kaori however, just disliked the presence of others. Hence, her being somewhat friendly. It didn't help Kaoru on the fact that he had telepathic abilities. It gave him some quirks, for example, hearing what one was thinking about from afar or if someone was thinking badly about him or his sister. But the use of his power for too long would give him headaches, or if he doesn't get himself together and let his mind flow freely, he might get headaches when hearing others thoughts. To him, it was like a million of people speaking at once.

Kaoru eyed the room, as he felt eyes on both his sister and him. I think they're coming our way... He heard his sister through her thoughts. He mumbled softly as he shoved his last small piece of waffle into his mouth, "They are..."

Kaori was looking down, staring at her empty plate. All of a sudden, a boy appeared in front of them, in one of the seats opposite of them. Both their heads shot towards him as they felt the tables and chairs shaking slightly. "Sorry. I'm Ray. Zanna over there and I were about to go out and have a little power practice outside. We were wondering if you'd like to join us." the boy introduced to himself and his friend, the latter smiled briefly at them.

Power practice...? Both of them thought at the same time. They knew their Power Development class would start a bit later. Kaori said, "I'm Kaori," she pointed towards her brother, "and that's my brother, Kaoru."

Before the both of them got their say of 'power practice', Ray excused himself from the table and went around asking others to join him and his friend. "Do you want to join?" Kaori asked, side glancing her brother. He later shook his head. "Me neither."

The both of them got up to clear their plates before exiting the cafeteria, glancing at the group as they left. Once they were outside of the cafeteria, Kaoru pulled Kaori towards the library, claiming that she should read more and that he wanted to see what their library looked like.

Even being the one who talked to her first, but after the the purple-haired girl's answer in monotone of cold voice, Nozomi couldn't continue some easy sentence he prepared like "let's be friend", he then thought back about what he overheard a year ago from some group of mid schooler.

-Flashback-
"Hey guys, how to be friend with some girl I'm unfamiliar with?" A nerd boy asked his friend, then a boy who looked like that group's leader answered "Just being a friend? That's freaking easy, just ask her out and wait for her rejection, then she'll legitimately ask you to be her friend, hahaha"

It seemed that Nozomi didn't understand the joke in that conversation nor why that group began to laugh, but since that boy actually said it will help his friend easily be friend with girls and he actually read about how to ask a girl out from some random book in the library, he decided to try it. "What do I want? Uh... I want you to become my girlfriend!" Fortunately, the table they sat were quite far from where other people chatting, so they shouldn't be some random eavesdroppers...

Ray looked around from where he now sat. The twins seemed to have absolutely no interest in his proposed power practice, the one-armed guy had gone - he wasn't sure if he was waiting outside or was just going away from him - the girl he'd asked who hadn't heard a thing he said was now looking at him with what he could only describe as an icy stare, and two others, a boy and a girl, had arrived and were talking amongst themselves. He sighed at Zanna, who had returned after talking with one-armed guy a while ago.

"I don't think anyone's going for the practice idea," he said. "Maybe we should - " He stopped as it occurred to him that they were still fairly new friends. Neither of them had to follow the other. "Maybe I should just go. You can come with if you want."

He got up and walked out of the building. Outside, he found Maxwell talking with some other guy he hadn't seen before. Then this guy got up, but Max seemed lost in thought. Did he want to go over to him, tell the one he talked to that practicing didn't look likely to happen, and that he was sorry for that? Or should he just walk away?

Last edited:
"Got it!" He said to himself suddenly. The answer to his long line of math was -102⅞. He even rechecked it with variables. Suddenly, he heard footsteps come outside and stop a few seconds after Haruka had left. Looking up, he saw the man named Ray staring back. Glancing down at his problem, he shrugged and crossed his work out with one thin line. Then he flgot up without using his hand, somewhat groaning because of back pain. Enduring it, he walked over to Ray and smiled. "You saw us talking, right? You at least saw the last part. He did indeed say he might join. I, for one, will attend since I do need to practice..."
He did need to practice all the bones in his body until he collapsed, and strain his eyes until he had a migraine. Well, he did have headaches and migraines from time to time. But the harsh practice was for eyesight and stamina which he needed all together.

(( typing on mobile so excuse me if this post is shorter than usual. ))

"Oh yeah? Great!" he suddenly felt a little more upbeat. At least two had seemed interested in his idea. That gave him a little hope it wasn't as dumb as he thought it was. Well, maybe even three, if what Max was saying was true about the other guy. "We're not going to be that many, you know. Hope that's okay. Actually, if we make any actual progress it might be better. That Power Development class is coming up after our free time, so we might come out a little ahead. Or pass out from exhaustion. I'm not sure how we all work. I know my teleporting doesn't wear me out that much."

Being suddenly asked, Velia blushed in shock for a little while, before her true shy and timid personality being covered by her well-trained cool and mature self again. She then observed that boy intensely, unlike other boys in her past school who has asked her out, this boy had no sign of shy or embarrassment on his face, more importantly, she has looked into his eye since he asked it, and she could tell that he has no fear of rejection. But since he trembled for a while when she first replied him with a cold voice, so he's not that type of people that possess such amount of confidence like her parents. All of that lead to a single conclusion in Velia's head: "This guy's objective wasn't to ask her out." or in other words, "He has lied to her!"

Upon figured the word she hates even more than standing in front of spotlight, Velia smashed the table loudly so that people sat far away could heard, she then stood up and walked towards the cafeteria exit which lead to corridor. Ignoring the fact that the boy still hold his food, she said to him with a same cold voice from before, but with more pressure "If you're serious about what you've said, follow me." and walked away without turning back to check whether the boy has followed her or not. She then recalled about when someone in that cafeteria has said about power training, she hoped what she's gonna do will not reach that level.

Maxwell chuckled a bit, almost nervously. "Well I wouldn't consider myself as special since I don't use magic and those cool powers, but I'd be working on simple things like conserving stamina..." Of course, he would get tired from using one hand all the time for swinging weapons, writing, eating, putting on clothes, and more stuff you do with two arms. However, that was what the training was for - to enhance and strengthen your skills and senses. Or that's what he thought anyways. He still didn't really understand the concept of power practice but he'd tag along because it sounded like it was necessary. "So I will be totally worn out, but I wont exactly give up on anything. I'm not that strong, but I'll work for my place in here."

Ray grinned and gave Max a friendly slap on the back. "Dude, don't worry about it. You wouldn't be here if someone didn't think you could handle things like everyone else. I think we're all weird in our own rights here. But that's fine. Weird's good. It beats boring."

He took a deep breath and looked around. Everything seemed so peaceful out here. Still. A little too still. Even talking to Max Ray was moving all over the place. He wished there were more people to do this with, people who know what their freaky powers were and wanted to get them down as much as he did. He loved his power. The very idea of just being wherever he wanted to be excited him. But he struggled to go more than a few feet, he often got something about where he was going wrong, and when he wasn't disturbing the local surroundings he was hurting himself. His power, at least in his opinion, was awesome, and he just wanted a little more control over it.

As he thought about all this he continued to shuffle around in his place. "I kind of want to wait to see if anyone else comes along first, alright? Would seem a little dumb if it was just you and me."

When he woke again he thought he might as well see if he could find where the others were. The ones max had said would be doing the 'power practice.' Of course, Hakaru had no intention on actually participating, his ability (his brother called it an ability, his parents and all the therapists he'd been sent too called it either disorder or illness) wasn't exactly something he could do much with. Maybe he could if he trained, but he had no intention of going through all that trouble if even touching people made min feel sick because of the 'ability.' He didn't even know what to call his 'ability' if it really was even that and not just a mental illness like the doctors said. However; he wouldn't mind watching others do whatever it is they can do. He hadn't really seen anything extraordinary as of yet but he was sure that would change. Besides, at the very least if he hated everyone else, max would be there and he wasn't too bad. He walked around, cringing at the groups of people he passed. He decided it was probably best he focus on his music until he found what he was looking for.

Zanna smiled at Ray with his offer still begin up an nodded. She watched him head and soon followed but she didn't stop to wait to hear his conversation between two others instead she made her way to where they would meet and sat down to wait. She smiled and looked at the surroundings and began to think of some animals to do and maybe try out. She knew her next class would be Power Development so she had to think on some of the easier animals so she might could do some harder ones latter. She listened to every sound and watched every creature that passed while she waited wondering who all might show.

Hakaru stopped when he saw the girl sitting outside, seemingly waiting. He approached quietly, not really wanting to strike up conversation with the stranger but wanting to know if she was waiting for the same thing he was, as he wasn't completely sure where to go to meet the others"

"Hey," he started uneasily. "Are you here for 'power practice' or whatever?" He crossed his arms, glancing at anyone who happened to pass by rather judgementally. He hoped he hadn't interrupted anything, she had seemed busy somehow even though she didn't really look like she was physically doing anything.

He hoped she was there for that reason, that way he could stop searching and wait. It takes a lot less effort that way.

As the human made sounds of disturbed scenery and then speaking reached the blonde haired Vito's ears, she sat up, opening her eyes so as to survey the scene.
"It's just some kids... You'll be fine, Mya......" She said softly to herself before slowly picking herself up off of the ground. She left her belongings in a small pile where she was and began to slowly approach, unsure as to how she wished to go about this. She really just wanted to relax a bit more, but what if what the two were here for was important? She knew she should probably find out before anything awkward happened because she didnt know what all to do, and so, she came within range to more clearly hear what all was being said.

Zanna looked up and smiled. "Yes I am. I'm guessing your here for the same?" She let her mind seem to drift away from her focus on a squirrel and a few ravens and looked up at the man.

Ray turned to follow Zanna with his eyes as she sat in their designated field. She quickly started to draw a small crowd and Ray was encouraged. Counting him and Maxwell, there going to be five people at least to practice with. He turned to Max and gave him another friendly slap on the back.

"Okay. I think we've got a good enough crowd! Let's go over, yeah?"

He took a couple steps and then teleported the next few feet. He was about three feet in front of Zanna, and right next to Hakaru.

"Sweet, you found some buddies! Cool. I guess we can get started." He looked around at everyone gathered about, having absolutely no idea how to get started. An introduction might help. "Hi. I'm Ray. I'm...well, a teleporter. It's awesome! Uh...your turn."

He didn't really say that to anyone in particular. It was an incredibly awkward invitation for everyone to share.

Zanna stood up guessing maybe she should go next. "Hello... I'm Zanna... And I'm a shapeshifter." She wasn't sure what to do but she decided to give an example one a little more noticeable than earlier. She made a cat tail, ears, and claws form. "Who wishes to go next?" She wasn't referring to anyone pacific just curious to see who might go next.

Status
Not open for further replies.