Academy for the different

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Lala finished her breakfast she saw people gathering outside. She put her plate away and decided to head outside as well. There she saw the boy who came over to her before. She decided to sit herself down on a bench close to them and examine what they are doing for now. She couldn't hear a word they were saying though because of her music, but watching it all made everything clear enough.

"I just here to watch." Hakaru put in, excluding himself from the group best he could, not minding if he came off as cold. "I'm Hakaru and I" he paused in consideration. What was he? Nothing really. He was insane and nothing else. "I'm nothing special." He ended finally. He looked at the shapeshifter and the teleporter curiously. He had no idea how either of those abilities would work but he was interested to see. As long as they didn't bother him too much he could probably admire people with those type of skills.

Zanna looked at him. "Nice to meet you Hakrau. And I'm sure you have something that makes you special for isn't that why were here?" She smiled and made sure to look at everyone but she wasn't sure on anything else to say so she decided to listen till they were suppose to start or if anyone seemed to be speaking to her.

"Exactly why I shouldn't be here." Hakaru muttered absent mindedly. "Nothing like yours. If I even do have anything I wouldn't know what it is or how to train it, so for the time being I'll hang back. Just forget I'm here." He advised seriously.mmaybe by time he finished here he'd have a better understanding of himself, but for the time being he thought he best lay low.

Zanna smiled. "I'm sure the is a reason your here you just might not know it yet." She noticed another raven land and began to watch it. "For example the birds not all of them know what they are looking for but once they find it they just know." And as she said that the raven picked up a stick and flew off. Zanna turned her attention once more away from the animals around.

Hakaru blinked, watching the bird carefully as Zanna explained her reasoning. He didn't see himself ever being able to be like these people, but there was always a possibility. Sometimes it seemed like the knew less about himself than the rest of the world did. His parents hadn't wanted anything to do with him because he wasn't normal, his brother had spent his whole childhood encouraging him to make the best of what made him 'special' and had then gotten him a place in this school. He had a suspicion that his brother knew what he was, yet Hakaru had no idea. It was infuriating.

"Yeah, maybe." He agreed softly.

Ray resisted the urge to point out that Zanna's cat form was cute. He kind of liked cats, but he held his tongue. Hakaru then insisted he was nothing special. Well, would he be here if there wasn't something special about him? He was pretty sure that was the reason all of them were at this school. But then, Maxwell didn't seem to know about any abilities either. Maybe they weren't all as obvious as changing shape or popping from one place to another.

"Don't worry about it, man," he said. "If you think of anything, just let us know, but yeah. Go ahead and chill."

He looked over to see the girl from the cafeteria watching them, sitting at a bench and still plugged into her music. He was pretty sure by now she couldn't hear him, so he jumped up and down a little and waved her over. He then looked around the small group that had assembled and waited for someone to go next.

Lala was still looking at the group of people that had gathered, when suddenly the boy from before started jumping up and down and waved. She kind of knew this was directed at her since he was looking her way. Lala sighed while she took off her headphones and put them away, then she started walking towards the boy. '... Hello.' she said. 'What's the matter?'.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to join us," Ray said as the girl came over. "We're testing out some of our abilities before Power Development class, and, well... You want to join in?"

He went around those that had introduced themselves. "Um, I'm Ray, teleporter...that's Zanna, shape-shifter...Hakaru's just going to watch, apparently..."

Mya was hesitant, but also came closer as she hadnt seemed to have been noticed. As she aproached, she took a deep breath and colllected herself, about to speak as well, before stopping from the sudden outburst of jumping and waving and general absurdities. Eyes widening slightly, the girl backed off slightly, uttering a faint 'um' before looking away and letting the group continue in it's due course. After the redundancy of reindtroductions, the girl spoke back up.
"I'm Mya, just a generally nice person i guess." she said shyly, but cutely, smiling and crossing her hands behind her back.

"Oh. Hi there." Ray smiled, a bit surprised by the sudden intrusion. Surprised, but not against it. He wanted a large number, and if he'd seen her earlier he certainly would have invited her. "Sorry, didn't see you there. Did you also want to join?"

He looked around, not sure if he should be making all the invitations, especially since those that were here were still doing introductions. But he wanted a large enough group to give the illusion that he knew what he was doing, and he wanted to hurry. The clock, after all, was ticking on their free time.

"I'm likely going to be in the same plight as... um... Hakaru was it..? I dont really know my power, though I'm quite sure that I must have one..... But until i find out, I'd rather be set asside." She spoke this softly, never loosing her smile or kind tone. She shifted on her feet a bit, though as she thought over what she had said. "Or... Well if it wouldnt be too much of a bother for me to do so... I wouldnt want to be an inconvinience to anyone. I most certainly could leave if I'm not wanted."

Ray immediately shook his head. "No, no, no. It's alright. You can stay. I don't want to scare anybody off. She can stay, right guys?"

He looked back over at the others, hoping they'd agree to let this apparently very shy girl - Mya - stick around.

'... I guess I can show you what I can do...' she said. Lala closed her eyes and started concentrating on her bag. Within a few seconds her bag started floating in the air, but it fell to the ground, almost hitting Ray. 'Sorry...' she said softly while she placed a hand on her forehead. Using her telekinesis still hurt her head every time.

He watched the bag float and his mouth fell open. He jumped back when she lost hold of it and he readily applauded. "That is awesome! Oh, you've definitely gotta practice with us!"

Lala looked surprised at the boy when he suddenly started applauding. '.. Was it that great?' she asked him. But when he asked to join them Lala wasn't sure about what to do. 'You really want me to practice together with you guys?'

Zanna looked at Mya and smiled. "Your fine. If you want name an animal you think I should try." Then she watched as the girl who had walked over and said she was Lala levitated her bag. "Cool" Was all she knew to say that would describe her thoughts on the trick.

The children would stop feeling adults wandering around. They all made there own way to each of there areas. A few on the field practicing with what seemed to be other teenagers by they played no attention to the new bunch.

Mya seemed to relax slightly as two of the group didn't seem to have much problem with her presence. She was even included into the project by Zanna, making her even more interested in the event.
"Do you.... Know how to shift into a humming bird? Or maybe a Blue Jay..? Those are my favorite birds, but if not, I can think of quite a few other animals for you." She said as she lightly tapped her chin and looked up in thought, not quite sure what sort of animal the girl was asking for. But maybe if she was helpful she would be able to make friends out of everyone quickly and not have to go through schooling alone.

Zanna smiled a Mya. "Sure do." She did a small jump and was first a humming bird she flew around the group then made it seem as though she was flying backwards and soon she became a blue jay. Finally she made herself turn back for the most part minus her cat ears and tail. "I enjoy birds. I feel free when I'm in the air the one I have the most practice with is a raven though." She lifted her necklace to look at for a moment. "But others are cool too."

Status
Not open for further replies.