Academy for the different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanna watched him teleport over to there table. 'I wonder which twin power he thinks I mean... Either really... I watched a show about two twins and of course there is the usual guess which the twins seem to read one another's thoughts with out saying anything.' She wonder is she could seem to walk over there fast enough but wasn't sure so she just waited. She smiled at the two when Ray seemed to motion to her and she waved.

Last edited by a moderator:
(( I am so late. qq. Also I didn't see my character's name on either list, but I've checked the posts in the OOC thread and saw that my character was accepted -we confirmed twice actually.- ))

(( v Yes, it is always bright at 6-7am at my place. ))
Maxwell awoke, squinting his eyes because of the bright light outside. He forced himself up, yawning, and headed over to his dresser. Of course, he was in some... pajamas .. that he had brought with him. Some childish pajamas in fact.
Blindly taking out some clothes, he had grabbed some traditional Japanese clothing - a white and purple yukata that he had gained long ago. Slipping that on, he grabbed his sword sheath and slipped his sword inside - just in case he needed it. Since he was a strict student, he knew that he's be over powered in an instant with only a sword. Then, he grabbed a rubber bands and tied his hair up in a pony tail.
Quickly, he opened the door and shuffled downstairs, outside the door and to another building called the cafeteria.
When he entered, he saw that other people had beaten him to breakfast, Placing a hand on his stomach, he could smell the sweet aroma of pancakes. Even his stomach was rumbling! He grabbed a plate, and asked for a small pancake. Once he'd gotten his pancake, he sat down at an empty table. Sighing, he realized he'd forgotten his silverware! Great.
The joys of being handicapped, He thought. Oh well, can't do anything about it now!
Getting up, he dashed over to the silverware and grabbed a fork and a knife, and maybe the syrup too. Yet there was another problem. How the heck was he supposed to cut this thing?! When he got back to his seat, he looked worried and frustrated with himself. Well, at least he could try. Taking the fork, he stabbed the pancake and managed to separate a piece from the pancake.
"Yes!" he said silently to himself.
A smile curling on his face, he kept cutting the pancake like that, and eating like that. This felt... unnatural.

A tune starts playing. Lala reached out her hand and tapped the 'Alarm off' button. 'Yaaaawn'. She stretched her body and sat up straight in her bed. 'Sigh.. Morning already..' she whispered to herself. Lala got out of bed and headed for the bathroom. She brushed her hair, and started putting on her clothes. A few minutes later she was all ready to go eat breakfast. Before leaving her room she quickly grabbed her iPod and headphones and then started making her way to the cafeteria.
Once in the cafeteria she saw that already some students had gathered. She glanced at them and then took a plate, a fork and a knife. She decided to go with and easy breakfast and take an egg and a loaf of bread. She sat down at a table far away from the others, she never was a social person so she didn't plan on initiating contact. Lala put on her headphones and started listening to music while eating her breakfast.

((Sorry I'm late!))
Upon hearing his wake up call that morning, bringing him out of his fitful sleep in his unfamiliar bed, Hakaru's initial reaction was to yell at his brother to shut up and let him sleep in. However, almost the instant as he had opened his mouth it fell closed again as he remembered just where he was. He was no longer in his own, comfortable, bed at home. He was on campus, more particularly on some re-used dorm bed that gave him nightmares. The realisation caused a mixture of sadness, fear and anger to build up inside of him. He hated it here already.
Feeling himself on the edge of a meltdown, he gritted his teeth remembering his brothers instructions 'if you're upset, that's alright, what's not alright is pushing those feelings on others. When you're upset, do what you always do, put on your music and do something creative.'. Following these instructions Hakaru reached across the bedside table and retrieved his headphones, securing them over his ears and focusing on the melody. Next he retrieved the leather bound journal and pen from under his pillow. He turned to the front page, next to where he had scrawled out his time table, and wrote in a bold cursive 'I hate my brother'. In a fit of anger, Hakaru slammed the book shut and tossed it across the room before the music bombarding his ears finally began to soothed his frustrations. Once he had gained control he closed his eyes and he let out a small sigh.
It was time for breakfast but the thought of all those people in the one place made his stomach turn. He wouldn't be able to eat even if he did go. Instead, Hakaru opted to get dressed and work on his sketches outside. It wasn't as if he was going to be caught out anyway, nobody knew him here as it was.

Ray looked around and saw that more and more people were filing in for breakfast. Another girl came in, along with some guy with one arm. He felt a twinge of pity for him. As if being stuck here wasn't bad enough. He turned to the twins he was still talking to. "Excuse me. Invitation still open. Just going to a few more."

He teleported to the other side of the table the one-armed guy was eating at. "Hi. Ray Manning."

He made to shake his hand, then stopped. Awkward. He pressed on. "Right...Anyway, me and Zanna - " he waved to her again " - and maybe those twins, are going to do a little power practice outside during free time. Should give us a shot of getting to know each other better."

Then he popped off again, teleporting next to Lala. A little too close actually. Oops. "Sorry. Miss? I'm Ray. Me, Zanna...maybe those two...I think that guy...are going for power practice. You want in? Hello?"

Once he was finished with his breakfast, he was about to get up and put his dish away when someone startled him. Apparently, this man named 'Ray Manning' teleported in front of him for power practice. What's power practice? He asked himself. Is it... practice only you're pushed harder? Great...
Nodded as if he understood what power practice was, he soon saw that Ray teleported to the girl who had recently came in. Sighing, his chance to make a new friend vanished until they got out to power practice. His left arm was already tired today! Well, the point now was for it to get stronger and he to have more stamina to keep up. After all, he is handicapped. Shrugging, he got up and carried his plate over to the dish counter.

He didn't wait to sit back down, it was already awkward enough to be here in front of everyone anyways, so he headed outside to get some fresh air.
When he got outside, he saw someone crouched down with ear buds in their ears. Remembering Ray's invitation to power practice, he walked over to the male who was by himself and lightly tapped his shoulder, not wanting to alarm him. "Excuse me," he interrupted, also with a soft voice, "But someone named Ray asked me to do something called Power Practice. They apparently want to do it outside but... If you want to join, you can if you want." Hoping to be on good terms with the boy, he gave him a smile, hoping that he wouldn't be angry.

(( Aw yeh, go email notifications. ))

Feeling a tap against his shoulder Hakaru dropped his pencil and moved away from the strangers hand with a jerky motion, causing him to drop his sketch pad as well. He hadn't meant to have such a reaction, but he disliked people touching him without warning. He looked up and instantly felt embarrassed by such a childish reaction and stood quickly, listening to the stranger give his invitation. "Power practice?" He muttered questioningly. "I doubt my addition will do much good." He paused considering if power practice had something to do with what made all the people here 'different'. In a sudden moment of curiosity as to what kind of people he was up against, he looked the stranger in the eye. "I'd like to see, though. There won't be too many people, right?" Waiting for the reply, Hakaru knelt down and retrieved his things from where he had dropped them.

He felt a little hurt when the male moved away from his touch, and even his heart ached. Oh well. He took a seat beside him, just a few inches away. "I'm only good with a sword anyways, plus I don't have my right arm... so I doubt I'd be an impact on the group either, but I must improve on my skills..." He exhaled deeply, but cut if off with a smile. "I don't think there are more than about four or five people including me, so I think it'll be alright. Beside, some people might have not waken up."
He hadn't seen what was on the sketchpad, but he thought people who could draw was a gift. He could barely draw a stick man! Yet, he didn't want to be inferior and ruin his chances to make yet another friend. "So, you can draw! Do... you mind showing me what you drew? I admire people who can draw."

Shrugging, Hakaru delicately cleaned the dirt off of his book. "Swords are cool. And I don't think missing an arm makes a difference to your worth." he huffed with a small smile in the others direction. He had to admit he wasn't the worst person he could have met on his first morning in this place. It only made him feel worse about his initial reaction. "If there will only be that many, I'll tag along. I want to see if you really are as good as you say with a knife." Upon hearing the request to see his sketch book he paused. He wasn't used to people actually being interested in his artistic streak. In highschool it had usually been a source of ridicule from his classmates. Not because he was bad, just because he chose to do it to begin with. "Whatever." He passed over the book, showing the page he had been working on, a drawing of the scenery around the school with a person standing in the centre. "It's just a pass time. Nothing admirable."

(( just to clear that free time your are allowed to power practice but not many people know what there powers are as some have only been here for a week while others no time at all. Other things you can do are enjoy the fields for sports, walk along the path, make friends, play in the school sports which may or may not start soon, power practice outside or in the gym, visit the campus library attached to the gym and many other things. Remember as time goes son free time may be replaced. )

Outside teachers walked along the path that went around the campus a few stopping in the cafeteria to get there breakfast. The teens shouldn't be worried thing would get faster as the day goes on.

The compliment made him feel better, and he lightened up a bit. He was glad that he was actually making friends on the campus, and now that he'd met this person, they'd be tagging along in that power practice. However, the idea of fighting with a shorter weapon was kind of a tall order. Of course, he had packed some swords with different lengths in his suit case, but a knife was shorter than all he had packed with him. "I don't think fighting with a knife would show an example of my skills but... I'll try. I'm better with mid-range combat anyways..." He let out a exhausted sigh. Just thinking about it wore him out.
When the boy finally gave him a peek at the sketch book after a few seconds, he was amazed at the vivid drawings he saw. Even his auburn eyes seemed to sparkle, which was unusual even for him.
"Wow..." he said, in awe. "This... This is nice. If I'd drawn this, I'd show many more people. Then again, I don't know what you'd do since I don't have the talent of drawing..." He handed the sketch book back to him and gave his new friend a slight smile. "Also, I haven't properly introduced myself. The name's Maxwell Spire, and it's nice to meet you."

Ray watched as Max left, then returned - this time by walking - to Zanna. He wondered if he'd given off the wrong impression. Wouldn't be the first time for him. Although here everyone was stuck living in the same building. That might make his impulsive nature even more of a deterrent than usual. At least he might have made one friend.

"No idea if that girl over there heard me," he said. He pointed to his ears to mime her headphones. "And I don't think that last guy understood what I was talking about. Maybe...maybe not everyone knows why we're here. Actually, beyond the power thing, I don't really know why we're here. Maybe practicing our powers isn't such a good idea after all. What do you think?"

"I wouldn't know the difference anyway. Knife, sword, all the same to me." He admitted in regards to the mention of weapons. "I'm useless at things like that, I'm just interested to see what you can do." He felt slightly self conscious, knowing he was rather inexperienced with casual conversation. In fact this was the longest conversation he had had with someone other than his brother in a long time.
Receiving a compliment for his drawing made him feel a bit stiff. He wasn't sure how he should respond to something along those lines. "Uh, thanks, I guess. I never really saw the point in showing this stuff if no one was interested in seeing it." He sighed and fiddled with his lose headphone. He could tell before long more people would be coming out from breakfast to look around and he didn't intend on having to 'make friendly' with too many people. "Nice to meet you too I guess, I'm Hakaru, don't bother with my family name." He shuddered, subconsciously feeling the presence of more people coming closer. He stood and put his supplies in his sachet, turning back to Maxwell. "I'm getting out of here before it gets too crowded. Come if you want, but I suppose you'll want to be making friends instead of talking to me. You seem like that type."

Velia jumped off the bed immediately after waking up, she then finished her morning activities within a short moment, wore a pair of purple gloves in order to prevent the accidental use of her power which she found out days ago that it activate upon touching and couldn't be fully controlled yet. She then quickly put a key, a phone, a pair of headphones and a taser in her small fanny pack around her culottes and quickly left the room as she looked at her watch. It's already seven, she better hurry if she want some quiet table to peacefully eat alone...

After entering the cafeteria, Velia started to look around the place. Several people already gathered here and they sat completely in random. Luckily, there was an area of empty tables at the corner which was slightly darker than other areas thanks to the single broken light. She then silently received her food without any hungrily look, walked to the table she targeted and began eating. Despite having a great consuming speed based on her food's quantity, her eating posture always looks elegant like a proper lady. It was the mixture of her parents' personality as her dad loves to do things fast and accurate while her mom who has former Honey Trap title always looked good in both appearance and posture, and since they both have unlimited confidence, Velia sighed as she thought about the times when she was taught by that idiot couple about something normal girls would never need like martial arts, and forcefully learned all of their personalities but confidence in process.

"..."
Velia muttered something, not realized that she already finished eating nor that she let out a natural smile which isn't her usual smile she used to socialize. Suddenly, she stopped all flashbacks and became alert as she sensed someone's sight. Whether it's just a curious and friendly sight or an intense hostility sight, she doesn't like it.

The silence of the rising dawn was slowly broken by the pressence of people, the human animal. A bustling hive of activity could easily descibe the scene before the girl who slowly made her way through the dense trees to a small clearing that opened up into a much wider, cleared out grounds that was fenced off.
"This is the place... I hope I'm ready...." The girl said softly to herself, clutching her small bag tighter with the straps in her clenched fist. Closing her eyes and letting off a faint sigh, she relaxed a bit and made her way to the entrance, not even bothering with going to the office to be assigned a room. It was only 6:45 in the morning for that matter. It was more likely that everyone would be bothering more with breakfast than with housing arrangements. Food, though didnt seem all that appealing to the girl, she having ate an assortment of nuts, berries, and grains along her way. Something did catch her attention, though.

There was a good amount of open space on one section of the campus, it being nothing but a vast field of grass and a few types of flowers. A smile spread across the girl's face as she made her way over slowly and sat within the grass, her long, loose white and black dress spreading around her. She took a long, deep breath of the fresh forest air before laying down, her arms spread at her sides and she being completely relaxed. The birdsong that played around her from the towering trees and the faint rustling of leaves and brushing of blades of grass was the most soothing melody that could ever be played in her opinion. She was completely oblivious to any plans that had been transpiring between any of the student. For that matter, she didnt even know how many students were even at this school. All would be told in due time, however, and thus, why rush it?

Reactions: Quiet One
"So being late isn't totally bad, huh?" Nozomi spoke to himself as that purple-haired girl who has let out a cute smile until now suddenly put her guard up and noticed his sight. Actually, he was thinking about finding some friends since he entered this school a week ago, then after he reached here and got his food and looked around to find a seat, he suddenly got attracted by that girl at the table in the corner. He instinctually felt that they shared some sort of similar things, immediately after figured that, he intensely glared at her, the easiest way to send out some small amount of killing intent and as expected, she instantly noticed it. "So she actually sensed others' sight... Alright, since we're common in many things I will try to make her my first friend at all cost"

He walked to the table where that girl sat, said "Hi" and tried his best to smile to her, but since he was someone who never smiled friendly, his smile looks more like an evil smile that gangsters let out before fighting with him, and it's not like that he didn't know that fact. "...Good, now I f****d up all first impression thing." He cried that in his mind while still tried to keep his smile(?).

He chuckled, seeing as the male couldn't tell the difference between a knife or a sword. Then again, that would be Maxwell trying to differentiate between two types of similar magic, other weapons, or powers in general. Over time, though, thanks to his memory, he could remember some things here and there. "Besides these swords," He pointed to the one in the sheath. "I can't see the differences between anything else like magic and other things like that..."

"I'd actually like to see more of your drawings from time to time. They're actually really good, no matter what other people say."
Learning the boy's name - Haruka, it felt easier to call out to him if he ever needed anything. After all, Maxwell really only needed one or two friends to rely on. Since he never really would joke around, he didn't have a sense of humor, and he grew to become strict and never show his feelings until it was appropriate. He could tell Haruka liked to spend his time alone judging from how he acted, and both of them seemed anti-social. Then, he realized that Haruka was going to leave just because of the amount of people going in and out of the cafeteria building. How weird, he actually yearned for a longer conversation. Very unusual.

"Ah, you're leaving? Oh well, I wished we'd gotten to know each other better before power practice. I probably won't be talking to anyone else joining that practice because of how I am during lessons and classes. Well, good luck." Smiling, he waved as Haruka left.

Somehow, he felt insecure after Haruka left, more than usual. Oh well, he'd just have to get used to it.

Feeling slightly disheartened by the fact that he had had to cut there conversation short out of no better reason than his own personal faults, he fastened his scarf around his neck. He internally kicked himself for not being able to handle more than a few people at a time and shifted awkwardly on his feet. "Maybe next time I'll bring my scrapbook, and you can try teach me the difference between those weapons?" He smiled slightly, for whatever reason he wasn't sure he wanted to talk more with Maxwell. "By the way... I wanted to apologise for freaking out before when you touched me." He avoided making eye contact with the other, hoping he wasn't going to mess things up. "I'm just going to say this out of the small possibility you might actually intend to talk to me again in the future, I'm not good with people. I don't do the whole 'friend' thing. It just doesn't irk with people like me." He stated bluntly, coming off slightly cold. "But, I'm not dismissing it. You aren't too bad." He turned quickly, having said what he had wanted and not wanting to see the reaction.

Apparently, his sense of insecurity slightly subdued when Haruka was reluctant to leave just yet. The idea of trading knowledge was great - for knowing the difference between weapons and looking at the exquisite drawings that Haruka made. However, it could feel awkward at some point - with one talking about violence and the other drawing beautiful things. Maybe sometime he could surprise Haruka with something other than talking about weapons? After all, it would get boring just to talk about swords.

Then, an apology came. It was about the first few minutes of their meeting - Maxwell touching him and Haruka had flinched and moved to the side. True, he was disheartened and slightly hurt about it, but it did turn out for the better since they got to know each other slightly. "Hah, no it's fine. I was in the wrong for startling you in the first place. I should have tried a different approach instead of directly touching you." He nodded, giving Haruka a smile. Then, the 'friendship' topic came. It did actually sound as if they weren't going to get along, but the idea was disproved from the conversation they had earlier. "I wouldn't think that being having less contact with people would necessarily make people dislike you and become hesitant when asking to be your friend. It works with most people actually unless you and they are unwilling to have a relationship. I personally wouldn't want to deal with someone who doesn't even try," Seeing as Haruka decided to leave on that note, Max left him with one more thing. "But I see you're different from those horrid people, and I guess that's what makes me like you better than most people. Well, enjoy your day."

"Hi"
As someone said that to her, Velia turned to the voice and found a boy with the same age as herself and an evil smile on his face. She completely ignored how the boy smiled, but normally, she would smile back to anyone who greeted and smiled at her, but for some reason, she could tell that the boy in front of her wasn't someone who'd be easily fooled by a mere acting. As she saw some of the boy's old scars which showed their owner's experience, Velia tossed an unnecessary smile she was gonna make and coldly replied
"
What do you want?"

Status
Not open for further replies.