Academy for the different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray looked around. He needed someone to test his teleporting against. It would have to be someone fast. Maybe some sort of sparing session. He hoped a fake fight wouldn't draw any attention from the teachers.

"I need someone really quick to help me out. Anyone here feeling fast?"

Mya was a little confused, but didnt mind, unsure as to whether or not he needed quick or agile. She was a little of both, so if no one else objected or wanted to be the helper she gladly would.
"Need anyone in particular for whatever task this is?" She asked a bit more confidantly, bending over and pulling at a seam in her skirt, it coming apart so that she could tear off a good amount of it, the dress now only coming down past her knees now in case she did need to be the runner

He stopped and watched her basically pull part of her skirt off. He blushed a bit. Mind out of the gutter. Here to practice. Don't think about wardrobe malfunctions!

"I-I was thinking of something where I'd have to dodge something or run. I'm really bad at teleporting while I'm moving, and even standing still I've got problems. If you want to have a race maybe, and I can try not to trip on myself."

Mya paused for a moment, thinking it over, but coming up with another idea.
"How about we all have a race? We can use anything we want to use to try and win! You can teleport, shapeshifting would be allowed, telekenetic tripping people, anything goes!"

Ray shrugged. "I'm cool with it, but some people here don't know what they can do. If everyone else wants to, then sure."

Zanna smiled. "Sure I know just the animal. Or at least the sort out of the cat family." She let her ears, and tail become one such as a cheat's. "Just tell me when to will start." And with that she completed the transformation and looked up. "See ready when you guys want. Oh and where we racing to?"

'A race?' Lala wasn't sure about whether she should participate or not. But seeing that all of them were really excited about it she decided to give it a try. Winning wasn't the reason why she joined anyway. 'Well I guess I can join.' she said.

Ray looked around, trying to find a straight-line destination to race to, since apparently they were doing that now. He saw a building at the end of the field. He was pretty sure it was the library. "How about there?"

Kaori sat in front of her brother, glaring at the book cover as he read, totally engrossed with the book. She tapped her fingers lightly on the arm rest, as she twirled the ends of her hair slightly, a frown playing on her lips. "You should get a book to read or something." Her brother spoke up as he flipped to the next page.

She shook her head, grumbling something under her breath as she leaned back into the chair, trying to rest her eyes. A few seconds later, Kaoru put down his book which startled Kaori since he was so into it before. She looked at him, as if her face could speak, they both could still communicate through facial gestures. Kaoru shook his head before picking his book again.
"I picked up a lot of voices. I'm sensing a group of people coming here." He mumbled, flipping another page.

Zanna looked at the destination Ray was looking at. "Fine by me. Just say go when everyone who is racing is ready I guess." She was already jugging how fast she would run in the cheetah form and hoped she would get there before she might have to turn back.

Ray stood at a spot he seemed to automatically designate the starting line. Soon Zanna, Lala, and the others seemed to be trying to line up to that position too. When everyone seemed ready Ray shouted, "Go!"

He broke off running, as did others. While he went, Ray focused on a spot a few feet ahead, that he wouldn't get to on foot for a few more minutes. He focused, concentrated hard on the spot - and pop, he was there. But he wasn't upright. He appeared at an angle, and a little above the ground, and tripped up on his footing and stumbled over. Any lead he'd gotten through teleporting was lost with his fall. He looked up and started getting up to run again. This time when he teleported he was three feet off the ground, and fell to the earth with a string of profanity.

He got better. His next teleportation didn't involve falling at all, however there was a large enough amount of stumbling to keep him from keeping any sort of lead. But hey, there was improvement.

Zanna heard Ray say go. She began to run imminently dodging a stub in the ground. She noticed Ray ahead but he had tripped she made sure to try and avoid bumping into him. As she got closer she felt her muscles straining. She knew that she would need to think of another animal and fast. She wasn't sure what she was trying to think of something she had done before that might give her an advantage but couldn't really then she remembered about a roadrunner, Pronghorn antelope, and a elk. She chose the roadrunner. She changed and continued to race and dodged kids till finally she arrived. She turned back into her self with a no cat like features. She wanted to catch her breath before she saw what place she may have been in.

Hakaru watched on in amazement as the shape shifter and the teleporter used their abilities. He'd been told these kinds of people existed, but he had never seen such a thing in person. he found himself watching, completely absent of other thoughts. Why couldn't he have something like that? Why was he stuck with whatever it was that he had when others got cool abilities like this? It wasn't fair.

Lala awaited the sign. Ray shouted the word 'Go'. That was the sign. Without thinking Lala began spurting in the direction of the library. But as expected, when it came to running Lala was no match for the others. '..I have to think of a way to use my telekinesis in this situation..' Tripping them couls work, but she didn't want to hurt anyone so she had to find a way. And then she knew what she had to do. Up ahead there was a large pile of leaves. Lala closed her eyes and started concentrating on the pile of leaves. Whithin seconds the leaves flew away in the directions of the others and blocked their visions. Lala got her usual headache again, so she was slowed down as well.

As the leaves threw themselves at the runners, Ray got quickly lost in them. There wasn't really enough to lose track of one's self, but couple that with teleportation and it was surprisingly easy. He popped all over the place, in front of Zanna, behind her - he tried jumping out of the leaves and found himself going ten feet in the opposite direction. He turned around and ran for the pile again, teleporting and making everything shake with his arrival. The leaves were dispersed by the sudden rush of air that accompanied him. He started off again. He was sure that was just done by Lala.

Aaryn looked at all the students starting a race to test their abilities. He didn't particularly want to show off just yet. Seems to be too showy, besides if he were to use his power...he would end up making it blizzard instead of a slight snow. Now water on the other hand, he can make it freeze and control it that way. Much easier than making it freeze without water. Aaryn heard one of the students shout, "Go!" The race had begun and some of the students had begun to use their powers.

One kid, a boy teleported and landed at an angle tripping himself. Aaryn snickered, that kid would be a great candidate for his jokes. As he continued to fall as he teleported and landing short while falling. Noticing a pile leaves moving, Aaryn saw a girl controlling the leaves. She seemed to be aware of her ability. The black haired boy might have some competition.

He tapped the bleachers he was sitting on and made it slick with ice. He grinned wide as the ice spread 2 feet from him. It all depended on how much he wanted to freeze. He can concentrate on how cold it has to be and see how far it can go. Aaryn seemed to get headaches afterwards. He rubbed his temples and continued to watch the race.

(( JUST TO CATCH UP v LONG POST ))

Maxwell watched Ray leave and gather with a few other people he didn't recognize. As more people started to come, his curiosity of the unknown overwhelmed him. As he started over there, he suddenly stopped after a couple of steps. Hanging his head down, he placed a hand on his stomach. A painful frown appeared as he averted his eyes away from the group. Even though he said he would participate, he just... couldn't. Memories were flooding back to him. Taking his hands away from his stomach, he gripped the handle of his sword tightly, and forcefully turned away. He wasn't going to participate with them, not one bit. Maxwell figured he was developing xenophobia - the fear of the unknown.
Quickly, he rushed back towards his room to grab a coat, only to shield his face. He was not scared of what his new friend would think of him, he was scared of what type of face he would make during the time he sat out. He would do anything to hide that expression. It had only taken a few minutes, approximately seven to get changed. Maxwell, who wore a yukata on his first day here, completely change his look. Slipping on some skinny jeans, an ordinary pair of shoes, and a dark green hoodie, he seemed to blend in with some people here. The look he despised, but Maxwell thought it was necessary.

When he came back, a few people were huddled over by the library. Maxwell's sharp eyes could pin point them -- if they weren't moving too much.
Ray and two others. Haruka seems to be watching as well as... others.
Just as he were trying to remember names, the three people sprinted off. It was hard to tell who they were now. With a gentle sigh, he sat down on the walls of the cafeteria building and turned his head towards this supposed race.
"Maybe next time...," He murmured to himself. "Next time I'll definitely participate..."

Haruka sat down with his book and began sketching down vague ideas onto the blank pages. seeing things like this that were so, so awe inspiring he couldn't help but want to put down on paper the extraordinary sights he had seen. In a way he was jealous, and in others he wasn't. The thought of being able to teleport or shape shift or those kinds of amazing things captivated him, but then again, it was too attention grabbing. Hakaru would much rather be the kind of person who could be easily forgotten and left alone. He had no desire to make an impression, lest he be trapped in the endless torture known as the human malfunction of friendship. Though; he had to admit, he wasn't immune. As soon as he had left his home he had noticed that despite thinking himself vacant of such feelings, he missed his brother and the general feeling of human conpanionship, and he was sure that eventually he'd fall victim to more and more useless emotions. He didn't know it, but he really did crave friendship, but to him the feeling was mistaken for emptiness. This was what Hakaru used to explain himself. In his own belief, he was an empty canvas that was constantly being tainted by the emotional energies of what happened around him and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.