Academy at A.R.M.S OoC (A Future Fantasy Roleplay)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

For those who have been accepted, feel free to post your CS here

Hi there. Just have a few questions about the ability types.

How creative can we get we these abilities?

Are there any particular abilities that are off limits?

Does cloning technology exist in this world? Is it actively used and can clones inherit abilities of the original?

Hi there. Just have a few questions about the ability types.

How creative can we get we these abilities?

Are there any particular abilities that are off limits?

Does cloning technology exist in this world? Is it actively used and can clones inherit abilities of the original?
That last question frightens me.

You're free to be creative with your abilities. However let's not try to go to Jojo stands levels of things, and if I'm afraid it will be too strong I'll say something. Mind you though abilities are likely gonna be on the stronger side of things. We are fighting dragons and the ilk after all. But taking down a Dragon SOLO should be like an incredible feat and only the strongest knights would even have a chance at then and even then survival isn't guaranteed.

So keep in mind that usually a victory over primal titans is gonna be a team effort

Off limit abilities... none immediately come to mind and if I see it ill let you know, but keep in mind that these are RECRUITS who have basically just finished basic training and learned about their powers relatively recently. They aren't going to be making black holes or stopping time any point soon

And as for cloning technology... uh... give me a bit. Maybe we can discuss its relevance in PM

Too spooky?
So keep in mind that usually a victory over primal titans is gonna be a team effort
Power of friendship and teamwork above all, gotcha.
They aren't going to be making black holes or stopping time any point soon
My hopes and dreams have been crushed.

Based on what I've seen so far, I see a burst damage dealer, dps and healer. So abilities are something closer to RPG abilities then?

Too spooky?
Power of friendship and teamwork above all, gotcha.
They aren't going to be making black holes or stopping time any point soon
My hopes and dreams have been crushed.

Based on what I've seen so far, I see a burst damage dealer, dps and healer. So abilities are something closer to RPG abilities then?
Sorta? That was just how things happened. Didn't help that I made a tank. Soooo... yeah a little bit. You don't need to conform THAT much

and what I'm working with, and just need to polish before posting is somewhat of a ranged DPS. XD Too much FFXIV RDM I guess.

Oh no, Astrid's absolutely a Vergil. I just wanted to dog on longsword players for a second.

I run SA, hammer, SnS mostly in Rise. Used to play GS and Lance too in previous games, but I don't like their movesets in Rise. That, and Lance is stuck with an ever-increasing Guard tax that really shouldn't be a thing in the first place.

Reactions: FireDrake150
Sheet edited after I noticed one paragraph suddenly cut off abruptly when there should be something there. Idk, copy paste didn't take or something.

25100e3ec1f1d3f4920e8b44b08c945c.jpg

~ General Info ~

Name: Lumikki

~ Biography ~

Family Name: Heartblossom

Personality:
At first approach, Lumikki appears haughty and flippant, even arrogant. She has little time for foolishness, which for her is defined as anything that isn't fighting or training to fight. She can go from flighty insouciance to terrifying intensity at the flip of a switch - a highly unnerving experience until you get used to her moods. She feels deeply, and is both generous and loyal to her friends, but her sole overriding passion is to become the greatest warrior in Civilis.

History:
The Heartblossom family is a cadet branch of the Mortars, who are perhaps even more martially focused. While the Mortar line covers all aspects of the military, the Heartblossoms seem obsessed with single combat and individual prowess. They have produced some of the greatest Prima-wielding talents in the history of Civilis, and several of its top duelists. Brought up in this intensely competitive culture, Lumikki may be its apotheosis. She and her elder brother were personally brought up by the family head, their grandfather; their father had disappeared on an expedition outside the walls, and they were the heirs to the family's fighting system, the Flower of Battle. At some point, her brother died under murky circumstances, and Lumikki left the family to take service in the Academy.

~ Abilities ~

Style:
Lumikki practices an exclusive fighting system called the Eight Trigram Madness. Eight Trigram Madness is firmly based on a classical foundation, but takes it several steps further. It emphasizes the use of short swords and rapidly closing the distance to one's opponent, fighting within their circle of power and working the twin blades like a combine harvester of doom.
She is determined to show the world that the Eight Trigram Madness is the greatest martial art ever devised, and to become its greatest practitioner.

Devotions:
"Golden Bell Cover" - A defensive technique, this uses the blades to form a whirling, seething sheath of metal that deflects attacks or cuts off anything approaching too closely.
"Eight Steps Traverse All Under Heaven" - A movement technique that increases one's running speed, leap great distances and so on. At higher levels, becomes a "flash step" entry technique.
"Eight-armed Queen of Heaven" - When Lumikki wishes to increase her offensive power, she directs Prima into her blades, allowing her to use up to eight swords nigh-simultaneously by releasing and then re-grasping them so quickly that it is as if she had hands on all eight of the swords - in effect juggling the swords in a flashing display of lethality. She can use this even without the aid of her sheath (see below) but has trained extensively to include it in the technique as well.
"Eight Trigram Hell" - This ultimate technique integrates the "Eight Steps", "Queen of Heaven" and "Golden Bell" techniques to get into hugging range of an opponent and prevent them from escaping and also receiving external help. It traps Lumikki and her opponent in a space bound by arms' reach, where she can flay them with her full array of blades. Using this technique represents her willingness to enter the Asura Realm, the Hell of Revenge, and accepting the risk that she might never return.

Weapon of Choice:
The Eight Blades - Lumikki keeps these short Disatrite-forged dao swords in a belt-sheath system that stores the blades across her back, moving with her as though part of her body and providing passive armour. They auto-deploy as needed, and she's trained the learning system of the sheath to enhance her techniques, especially "Golden Bell Cover", where the blades parry as required.

~ Extra ~

(Heavily altered from the original drafft, as inspiration struck)

Lumikki's hairclips are actually small throwing knives. Just in case.​

Last edited:
Assuming someone were to do something illegal and die. Would their children be responsible for the punishment or would the person who committed said crime and died be considered as having sufficiently paid because they died?

Just curious.

Last edited:
Izana Kunigiri
1647557742333.png

~ General Info ~

Name:

Izana

Male

~ Biography ~

Family Name:

Kunigiri

Personality:

Kind-hearted and loyal. Very likely to put himself into harm's way for the betterment and protection of others, especially those that have done nothing wrong, regardless of circumstances. Selfless, to an almost personally detrimental level. He effectively takes the old Star Trek quote, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" to heart.

History:

Izana was a part of a family of 6 for the most part living in a settlement outside the city walls. His elders understood the risks and still felt that it'd do their children some good to live away from all of the hustle and bustle of the city whilst they grew up, or at least that's always what they told the children. Many of them were engaged in research that was sketchy at best and borderline illegal at worst, but didn't wish for the children to be aware, much less able to be held accountable for their actions, should things go awry. This, however, would seemingly be a double-edged sword, as his younger sister would come down with, and ultimately die because of a completely treatable illness. Treatable, that is, if they had been living in the city at the time. Even following this event, his elders still chose to live away from the city, despite how the three remaining siblings felt. Izana's older sister Yuuki resolved herself to become a highly-skilled doctor, in order to help as many as she can. His older brother, Taiki, on the other hand, chose to take up swordplay, and effectively forced Izana to spar on an almost daily basis, for multiple days at a time. Izana privately hated this, but went along with it, knowing full-well that his brother would be the more likely to make a difference through physical means, but, not certain how to help others himself, went along with it. 'No useless knowledge,' as he kept telling himself.

The three of them planned to go to the city as soon as they legally could after their youngest's untimely demise, either due to a desire to study or to find better ways to train and make a difference. Before they had the chance, however, their settlement is attacked and, effectively wiped off the map, due partially to their being away from home at the time. Taiki having made the trip into the city to take his Prima test as the oldest of the three, while Yuuki and Izana were out running an errand at the time. This negatively affects Izana, making him swear to help as many as he can through whatever means possible, even going so far as to consider helping his sister with her studies as best he can. Unfortunately, however, they got separated very shortly after departing, leaving each of them uncertain to the ultimate fate of their siblings. Carrying on with his original plan, Izana arrives in the city, and takes up odd jobs here and there for those that need them done, regardless of what they are, both to earn a living, as well as to create a form of reserve to potentially start researching methods through which he can make a difference. Due, likely, to the events that saw him to the city, he missed the initial invite by a little over a year. He ultimately tested positive once he got the chance to take the exam, and through the initial stages of his training he learned of devotions, something he was able to pick up far quicker than he was swordplay.

Eventually, Izana hopes to learn what has happened to his siblings, and discover whether they were successful in their own endeavors or not, as well as potentially bring them to the city if they haven't arrived yet. As it stands currently, however, Izana is unsponsored, and for better or worse still using the 'Kunigiri' name. Supportive of the idea of both the king and Fenneth's ideas of expansion, but with the caveat that such an expansion should only be attempted once it's certain that those that are brought into the protection of the city can be protected to the same standard as before, while not weakening the security of everyone overall, which he feels can happen if expansion is done too quickly. Izana also happens to lack the commitment to conflict and fighting that would see himself successful anywhere near the Mortars, and lacks any of the religious conviction he'd likely need to get along perfectly with the Lightwalls. He would also be hesitant to accept adoption to any of the three either, without communicating with his siblings first, as they're all that's left of the 'Kunigiri' line, and getting adopted into any one would likely affect the others standing and relations.

~ Abilities ~

Style:

Izana primarily fights through the use of devotions, but falls back on swordplay when he needs to or devotions themselves aren't proving effective. He is known to combine the two, almost like enchantments or augments as well when needed. While not a particularly practiced tactician as of yet, He does look to exploit the weaknesses of 'enemies' and shield ally weaknesses where he can. Not being particularly tanky himself, he works better in a group, and preferably one that can help keep assailants off of him for the most part. He can complement this by giving supportive enhancing effects to those he's fighting with like speed, defense or agility increases as well. (FFXIV's Red Mage loosely used for Inspiration here)

Devotions:

Izana's Devotions usually take the visual form of flames, lightning, earthen constructions or wind, depending on what he's trying to achieve, with fire being the most common. Likely due to his commitment to protecting others, while not outright being a shield himself, this is likely part of the reason that his flames are both more common and usually of a sapphire-blue hue, reflecting his fierce passion of helping all that he can.

Weapon of Choice:

Devotions primary and One-handed Sword / Rapier Secondary

~ Extra ~

Fluent in a Conlang (Constructed Language) I have yet to make (#Laziness_And_Inexperience) First

Reasonably fluent in the common language of the City, possibly with a slight accent that's fading with time

Japanese Voice Actor:

Video Of Ultimate Raid Clear on Character Claim (Yes my character. :) )

Battle Theme:

Non-Battle Personality theme:

(Translated Lyrics)
Walk on wandering souls

For your respite we pray

Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,

Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free

So walk on and become the light that guides the way

You stare up at the stars in the clear, endless skies

Slowly fading light shining back in your eyes

Completely consumed with your search for certainty

You'll lose sight of everything and get left behind

We can leave this place together – all alone, you and me

We both know the road to follow and where it may lead

But if the world should come between us and you fall behind

Then just call me

Let your voice reach out, and tell me to wait because

All I know is that I want to be with you

To be the one that, 'til the end, you can hold on to

I'll keep you safe, so place your trembling hand in mine, I'd

Give everything for you to say that you'll stay by my side

We've made it through the storm

Take my hand and run with me

Someday, somewhere

Only the two of us

Together we'll be free

"Don't waste your life on me. Save yourself instead," you cry

"I'll be fine on my own"

Pain wells up in your eyes

I brush away your tears and take you in my embrace

"My life's only wasted without you by my side"

I thought I'd leave this place forever – don't look back, just let go

In the rain I started walking down the only road I know

And just when I thought it was over,

You're the freedom that found me

So don't let me go

I'll run anywhere if you'll run with me, too

I just want to hear your voice to ease the fear inside

Just let me know that you'll be here, always by my side

Let me take you in my arms and hold you tight

If I'm with you and you're with me, we can get through the night

I know the way you feel

You don't have to lie to me

So close your eyes now

I'll stay right here with you

I'll be fine – you'll see

And I know that if I promise it's not over

It'll only make the end come even sooner than expected

But when the day comes and there's nothing left to do

I'll be here to reach my hand out

'Cause the end won't come as long as I'm with you

And of everyone in this world, you and I came together

If you call me

And let your voice reach out, then

I'll always wait because

To be the one that, 'till the end, you can hold onto

I want to hear your voice to ease the fear inside

And let me know that you were here, waiting right by my side

'Cause you're the one that, in the end, I can hold onto

Hold on tight now – don't you let go of me

I know the way you feel

Someday, somewhere

Only the two of us

Together we'll be free

Walk on, wandering souls

For your respite we pray

The light shining brightly to guide the way

Potentially initial sword

1647557831615.png

Potential Achievement Sword / Something to work towards:

1647558036126.png

Can make the other two mentioned if needed or wanted. I don't mind, just haven't gotten them written up yet.

Izana Kunigiri
View attachment 227418

~ General Info ~

Name:

Izana

Male

~ Biography ~

Family Name:

Kunigiri

Personality:

Kind-hearted and loyal. Very likely to put himself into harm's way for the betterment and protection of others, especially those that have done nothing wrong, regardless of circumstances. Selfless, to an almost personally detrimental level. He effectively takes the old Star Trek quote, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" to heart.

History:

Izana was a part of a family of 6 for the most part living in a settlement outside the city walls. His elders understood the risks and still felt that it'd do their children some good to live away from all of the hustle and bustle of the city whilst they grew up, or at least that's always what they told the children. Many of them were engaged in research that was sketchy at best and borderline illegal at worst, but didn't wish for the children to be aware, much less able to be held accountable for their actions, should things go awry. This, however, would seemingly be a double-edged sword, as his younger sister would come down with, and ultimately die because of a completely treatable illness. Treatable, that is, if they had been living in the city at the time. Even following this event, his elders still chose to live away from the city, despite how the three remaining siblings felt. Izana's older sister Yuuki resolved herself to become a highly-skilled doctor, in order to help as many as she can. His older brother, Taiki, on the other hand, chose to take up swordplay, and effectively forced Izana to spar on an almost daily basis, for multiple days at a time. Izana privately hated this, but went along with it, knowing full-well that his brother would be the more likely to make a difference through physical means, but, not certain how to help others himself, went along with it. 'No useless knowledge,' as he kept telling himself.

The three of them planned to go to the city as soon as they legally could after their youngest's untimely demise, either due to a desire to study or to find better ways to train and make a difference. Before they had the chance, however, their settlement is attacked and, effectively wiped off the map, due partially to their being away from home at the time. Taiki having made the trip into the city to take his Prima test as the oldest of the three, while Yuuki and Izana were out running an errand at the time. This negatively affects Izana, making him swear to help as many as he can through whatever means possible, even going so far as to consider helping his sister with her studies as best he can. Unfortunately, however, they got separated very shortly after departing, leaving each of them uncertain to the ultimate fate of their siblings. Carrying on with his original plan, Izana arrives in the city, and takes up odd jobs here and there for those that need them done, regardless of what they are, both to earn a living, as well as to create a form of reserve to potentially start researching methods through which he can make a difference. Due, likely, to the events that saw him to the city, he missed the initial invite by a little over a year. He ultimately tested positive once he got the chance to take the exam, and through the initial stages of his training he learned of devotions, something he was able to pick up far quicker than he was swordplay.

Eventually, Izana hopes to learn what has happened to his siblings, and discover whether they were successful in their own endeavors or not, as well as potentially bring them to the city if they haven't arrived yet. As it stands currently, however, Izana is unsponsored, and for better or worse still using the 'Kunigiri' name. Supportive of the idea of both the king and Fenneth's ideas of expansion, but with the caveat that such an expansion should only be attempted once it's certain that those that are brought into the protection of the city can be protected to the same standard as before, while not weakening the security of everyone overall, which he feels can happen if expansion is done too quickly. Izana also happens to lack the commitment to conflict and fighting that would see himself successful anywhere near the Mortars, and lacks any of the religious conviction he'd likely need to get along perfectly with the Lightwalls. He would also be hesitant to accept adoption to any of the three either, without communicating with his siblings first, as they're all that's left of the 'Kunigiri' line, and getting adopted into any one would likely affect the others standing and relations.

~ Abilities ~

Style:

Izana primarily fights through the use of devotions, but falls back on swordplay when he needs to or devotions themselves aren't proving effective. He is known to combine the two, almost like enchantments or augments as well when needed. While not a particularly practiced tactician as of yet, He does look to exploit the weaknesses of 'enemies' and shield ally weaknesses where he can. Not being particularly tanky himself, he works better in a group, and preferably one that can help keep assailants off of him for the most part. He can complement this by giving supportive enhancing effects to those he's fighting with like speed, defense or agility increases as well. (FFXIV's Red Mage loosely used for Inspiration here)

Devotions:

Izana's Devotions usually take the visual form of flames, lightning, earthen constructions or wind, depending on what he's trying to achieve, with fire being the most common. Likely due to his commitment to protecting others, while not outright being a shield himself, this is likely part of the reason that his flames are both more common and usually of a sapphire-blue hue, reflecting his fierce passion of helping all that he can.

Weapon of Choice:

Devotions primary and One-handed Sword / Rapier Secondary

~ Extra ~

Fluent in a Conlang (Constructed Language) I have yet to make (#Laziness_And_Inexperience) First

Reasonably fluent in the common language of the City, possibly with a slight accent that's fading with time

Japanese Voice Actor:

Video Of Ultimate Raid Clear on Character Claim (Yes my character. :) )

Battle Theme:

Non-Battle Personality theme:

(Translated Lyrics)
Walk on wandering souls

For your respite we pray

You stare up at the stars in the clear, endless skies

Slowly fading light shining back in your eyes

Completely consumed with your search for certainty

You'll lose sight of everything and get left behind

We can leave this place together – all alone, you and me

We both know the road to follow and where it may lead

But if the world should come between us and you fall behind

Then just call me

Let your voice reach out, and tell me to wait because

To be the one that, 'til the end, you can hold on to

Someday, somewhere

Only the two of us

Together we'll be free

"Don't waste your life on me. Save yourself instead," you cry

"I'll be fine on my own"

Pain wells up in your eyes

I brush away your tears and take you in my embrace

"My life's only wasted without you by my side"

I thought I'd leave this place forever – don't look back, just let go

In the rain I started walking down the only road I know

And just when I thought it was over,

You're the freedom that found me

So don't let me go

I'll run anywhere if you'll run with me, too

I just want to hear your voice to ease the fear inside

Just let me know that you'll be here, always by my side

Let me take you in my arms and hold you tight

If I'm with you and you're with me, we can get through the night

I know the way you feel

So close your eyes now

I'll stay right here with you

I'll be fine – you'll see

And I know that if I promise it's not over

It'll only make the end come even sooner than expected

But when the day comes and there's nothing left to do

I'll be here to reach my hand out

'Cause the end won't come as long as I'm with you

And of everyone in this world, you and I came together

If you call me

And let your voice reach out, then

I'll always wait because

To be the one that, 'till the end, you can hold onto

I want to hear your voice to ease the fear inside

And let me know that you were here, waiting right by my side

'Cause you're the one that, in the end, I can hold onto

Hold on tight now – don't you let go of me

I know the way you feel

Someday, somewhere

Only the two of us

Together we'll be free

Walk on, wandering souls

For your respite we pray

The light shining brightly to guide the way

Potentially initial sword

View attachment 227419

Potential Achievement Sword / Something to work towards:

View attachment 227420

Can make the other two mentioned if needed or wanted. I don't mind, just haven't gotten them written up yet.
Also your CS looks fine to me. Curious about why you added the raid video, and the FF14 screenshot is fine for now as a place holder but I think it would be nice if it was a drawn image (id be happy to try looking for an image.

Also just for world and story building i may message you in regards to the research your characters family was doing.

But with those said, you are accepted