Academy at A.R.M.S OoC (A Future Fantasy Roleplay)

Reanimator Buns

Just some gal who's a necromancer
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Genres
Fantasy Romance, Scifi
CR | IC
o6s9vxC.png

__abandoned_star_hyndra_pixiv_fantasia_and_1_more_drawn_by_moyatarou__sample-2696aa0e33c566624dac4e1aebe12306.jpg

duLZ8bC.png

Fine Day Recruit
We call upon you as a member of Civilization. You have tested positive for high levels of Prima Brain Waves, thus stating that you are capable of Magic. As a wielder of this chaos, either by birthright or by chance, we request you uphold you Civil Duties and protect your home, your family, and your fellow citizen. While we value the freedoms and liberties of our citizens, we must also inform you that with the discovery of Prima Brain Waves, you will be required to register to our list of Potential Catastrophes. You will not be treated as any less of a citizen, but in order to ensure the safety yourself and your countrymen, you will partake in mandatory monitoring and research and will be restricted from any use of "Devotions" as a citizen. That is the minimum of your Civil Duties
However, with the acknowledgement of your abilities, a new door of opportunity opens up to you. We formally invite you to attend the Academy at A.R.M.S. At the Academy, you will be trained in the ancient art of melee combat as well as "Devotions." You will recieve a sizeable stipend for yourself and assurance that you and your future family will live comfortably for as long as you serve under the Banner of the King and after 6 years of service you may retire in comfort, following the rules of other Citizens who posses the Prima Brain Waves (Albeit with more leniency).
This is a duty that asks you to go above and beyond. There is no guarantee of your safety in the fight against the Primal Titans which seek to break our city walls, but there is a guarantee that by serving and fighting, you earn the honor, glory, and respect of all the citizens, the King, and of our Protector, Ordos. In this message you will find an application. You have 8 weeks to deliberate on your decision. If you have not submitted your application by the deadline, you will be treated as having waived your invitation. You may take the entrance exams next year if you change your mind.
Signed from the Seat of King Engrem and Arch-Bishop Lightwall

Civilis City
c7897a1673fe4e816bf24a26e9f9bc21.jpg

The city-state of Civilis currently stands as the shining gem of humanity. Boasting the strongest infrastructure, the safest city, the hardest working citizenship, and the most powerful military might, it is impossible to deny their success. Founded almost 300 years ago, after rebuilding from the ashes of Humanity, the first King of Civilis rallied his people to his banner, claiming that he had been shown the way past survival and to the rebuilding of civilization through the use of the very essence which had brought upon it's destruction. But his dreams were allegedly vague and difficult to decipher. That was when a scientist and researcher began to work alongside of the future king, and together they created the "Ordos Restraint," after the king, who was later believed to be an incarnation of Civilization and Progress and worshiped as more than a mortal man.

The Ordos Restraint worked by setting a limitation to the high concentration of Prima Energy that was located in that part of the world and narrowed down it's possibilities. How this was done is somewhat of a mystery and is far too complex for most to understand, but the basic principle is that Prima is the essence of chaos. It is at once, all possibilities in all universes, and when it is free to run rampant, it can cause many disastrous effects. So then, what if you were somehow able to limit it's possibilities? Ensure that it can only do and be one single thing? All of it's power would be directed and concentrated making it easier to contain. In other words, it forces the cat to choose whether it is dead or alive. Then it can be harnessed properly.

This advancement gave humanity a means to rebuild, as well as be applied to humans who held a high concentration of Prima inside them, enough that they could decide for themselves whether the cat was alive or dead, and command the chaotic force to their own will. The first King of Civilis, Luka Ordos, at first did not wish to lead, but soon discovered that without a person to spearhead change, there would be no hope of survival. And so, the first king was crowned as the city began to rebuild humanity.

While the Ordos line has since ended, the current ruler, Luther Engrem, was deemed the successor of the late king Emmet Ordos III who lacked any offspring. For nearly 15 years now, the new regime seems to be making progress, and has focused many efforts on the Academy, hoping to expand their territory further and ensure that civilization returns and expands, even in the face of supernatural forces.

Screenshot 2022-03-13 215250.png

The Academy at A.R.M.S

The Academy is the only way that one can attain the proper training in joining the fight against the Primal Titans and for some a means to rise in status from simple commoner to nobility. A.R.M.S stands for "Armored Response Mobile Squad." Most act as a secondary police force, who's primary objective is handling crimes involving the unauthorized use of Prima from rogues, scoundrels, or the occasional radical, but they are called upon to deal with any supernatural threat or calamity. All citizens of Civilis City are tested for Prima brain waves at the age of 17, as that is when the average citizen's sense of ideals start to solidify and they can form proper "Devotions." However it developing earlier or later in life is not unexpected or even unheard of. Still, because most don't learn of their abilities until this time, the decision to join the Academy is quite sudden. It is believed that as many as 1 in 100 citizens possess Prima. Of the percentage of citizens that possess Prima brain waves, roughly 70% join the academy, although only 25% of that 70% stays until graduation.

The Three Noble Knight Families

Since there is a genetic aspect to Prima Brain Waves, it isn't uncommon for families to have multiple Knights from among them. If enough from a particular family earn enough renown, they are often times seen as the most elite of civilians. Even acting as a servant to one will elevate your status beyond even some lower ranking elites. There are of course other Knight Families, but many are either sub-groups under one of these 3, or not noteworthy enough to be considered all that special. Because of this, there are many politics coming into play, including marrying for power or to merge one family with another.

The Fenneth Family

d1xzjeg-ee2074e4-bc01-443c-b6c7-bcaedf062dd9.png

The Fenneth family is the newest family to be recognized as one of the great Knight Families. It is quite difficult to do so, and as such many are impressed by their rise to power. Of the 3 houses, this house finds their allegiance with King Engrem's ideals of expansion. They believe that progress must be done swiftly and many knights form their devotion to King Engrem and his policies. They are looked at as weak by the Mortar Family due to their craftiness and attempts at power grabs, and the Lightwalls think they are too short sighted for their own good. They were once several seperate families who all agreed to merge into one through marriage and unite under one rule. The current head of family , Walter Fenneth, is quite young and ambitious at the age of 27.

The Lightwalls

Screenshot 2022-03-13 224809.png

The Lightwalls are devout followers of Ordos. If a Lightwall is not a Knight, they are no doubt a member of the clergy or a researcher of Prima and the Ordos Restraint. They believe similarly to the teachings of King Ordos from the beginning: That the best way to ensure the safety of the people is to be a bastion of defense. They take this to mean that their efforts should be focused inward and improving the city alone in that others will follow in their example. Many of the Lightwalls find their devotion to be to their faith and the church. The Mortar's believe they are too "holier than thou" and the Fenneth's think they are too stuck in their ways to really make a change. The matriarch of the Lightwalls is a shrewd old woman with a kind smile and a sharp tongue that she knows when to use - Anastasia Lightwall

The Mortars

91652273-emblem-symbol-logotype-sign-badge-sticker-boar-pig-hog-swine.jpg

The Mortars are a heavily militaristic family. Any member is expected to serve in the military, law enforcement, or A.R.M.S with the latter holding the most importance. They believe in the strength of a civilization's military is it's determining factor for success. Many Knights from the Mortars enjoy the thrill of combat and seek honor and glory in the domination of their enemy. The Fenneths think they are too aggressive and that their bloodlust will burn bridges rather than create them and the Lightwalls fear that their motives are far too self-indulgent and that they may be closer to calamity than the Mortar's think. The current head of the Mortars is Kent Mortar, currently the General of A.R.M.S.

Prima
__der_vasa_rau_and_lord_zeruforuto_pixiv_fantasia_and_1_more_drawn_by_sasebono_mari__sample-ea39b39460531cdca11f7dd5ab708ca5.jpg

Prima is the chaotic force of all the possibilities of the world. It could be described as how certain theories apply their laws onto our world. In Multiversal theory, it is the force that makes all things possible whether it actually happens. With Murphy's law, it's how things go wrong. With Schrodinger's Cat, it is both the living and dead cat. It's effects were never always as prominent, but could be seen.

It is now believed that any and all natural disasters of great scale were caused by this randomness, but now it is in high concentration after "The Disaster" which has resulted in the appearance of fantastic and supernatural beasts which can only be harmed by Prima, or metals which have harnessed a large amount of Prima called "Disastrite." This has also had an effect on humans as well. Some may possess the ability to manipulate Prima, and humans now have even begun producing offspring with phenotypes never before seen: Different colored skin, hair, fur, scales, etc.

Prima is both the cause and the solution to it humanities problems. A Pharmakos that must be reigned in on a leash to propel humanity forward and if humanity fails, they will be pulled into despair as their cities collapse once again.

Rules:

~ Please do not keep secrets. If you have some Character Backstory that you plan on keeping secret it must first be disclosed with me ~
~ No Godmodding ~
~ I am the Law, and that will need to be respected. If I add in Co-GM's they will also need a similar level of respect ~
~ Be Respectful to other players and keep OoC as drama free as possible ~
~ If anything has upset you or you have questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll see how I can remedy them ~
~ Post your CS here and wait for approval! After that I will have you transfer that to the Character Depository ~
~ Have fun! ~

(Image of Character here)
~ General Info ~

Name:
~ Biography ~

Family Name:
(Does not need to be one of the 3 Major Families)

Personality:
(A brief description of how your character acts)

History:
(A longer description of how your character's life was growing up)

~ Abilities ~

Style:
How does your character best fight? Are they more skilled in their bladework? Do they perhaps rely solely on their brute strength to leverage an advantage? Do they possess a keen tactical mind? Are their Devotions strong enough to be their sole weapon?

Devotions:
Devotions are essentially spells. How does their Devotion influence Prima? What does that look like as it effects the world around them? (Feel free to add up to 2 "specials" and 1 "finisher" if you're looking to do something flashy. Otherwise not really required)

Weapon of Choice:

~ Extra ~
This section is more freeform, typically involving more meta information such as Theme Song, Alternate outfits, Voice Actor, who the Face Claim is etc. Feel free to add anything you want to here. Extra info is not required but never a bad thing.

NOTE: CS's will be looked at thoroughly and if something is not up to par I may ask for changes to be made before accepting.

Attachments

• __abandoned_star_hyndra_pixiv_fantasia_and_1_more_drawn_by_moyatarou__sample-479214598e7a6e89b...jpg
    __abandoned_star_hyndra_pixiv_fantasia_and_1_more_drawn_by_moyatarou__sample-479214598e7a6e89b...jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Two questions before I start working on this:

1. Would a civilian servant of a Knight family be recruited/adopted into the family upon becoming a Knight?
2. In terms of character aesthetic or art, are you looking for more fantasy or futuristic designs? Just so I can narrow down what art to use.

Two questions before I start working on this:

1. Would a civilian servant of a Knight family be recruited/adopted into the family upon becoming a Knight?
2. In terms of character aesthetic or art, are you looking for more fantasy or futuristic designs? Just so I can narrow down what art to use.
1: Yes, that would be a very common occurrence

2: As much of a blend as you can find, but for the sake of simplicity I suppose I'd say a more fantasy appearance is preferred. That or something more like Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear would work too.

Gotcha, I'll try to get my CS up within a day or two.

I guess I should ask this before I forget. When the opening post here mentions never before-seen traits, it lists things that are all superficial and visual. Have traits appeared that are more than this, say, another appendage like a pair of useless wings or tails, cat ears or other outlandish weirdness, or are all of the new traits a visual-only thing?

Progress has been made on mine, so it should also be good in 24-48 hours or so, assuming no creative block slams in the meantime.

I guess I should ask this before I forget. When the opening post here mentions never before-seen traits, it lists things that are all superficial and visual. Have traits appeared that are more than this, say, another appendage like a pair of useless wings or tails, cat ears or other outlandish weirdness, or are all of the new traits a visual-only thing?

Progress has been made on mine, so it should also be good in 24-48 hours or so, assuming no creative block slams in the meantime.
Maybe not solely visual. Like someone with animal traits may possess stronger senses of smell, but that was mostly a means to add in fantasy "races" without having to make them actual races

Reactions: FireDrake150

Maybe not solely visual. Like someone with animal traits may possess stronger senses of smell, but that was mostly a means to add in fantasy "races" without having to make them actual races
Fair enough. I suppose I should ask what the maximum extent is, And whether it's closer to say FFXIV's races (Cat ears and a cat tail on an otherwise human model) or DnD's races (Such as Dragonborn)

Deliberating with myself on running something different or playing it 'Safe' and some of these things will help me hammer out the things I'm still mulling over.

Also, Do we need to agree 100% with one of the three major families or on most things but have slightly differing opinions on aspects?

Am close to finished with first theoretical draft (I shall consider it a draft until approved) this should help me hammer out some of what I haven't yet selected.

Fair enough. I suppose I should ask what the maximum extent is, And whether it's closer to say FFXIV's races (Cat ears and a cat tail on an otherwise human model) or DnD's races (Such as Dragonborn)

Deliberating with myself on running something different or playing it 'Safe' and some of these things will help me hammer out the things I'm still mulling over.

Also, Do we need to agree 100% with one of the three major families or on most things but have slightly differing opinions on aspects?

Am close to finished with first theoretical draft (I shall consider it a draft until approved) this should help me hammer out some of what I haven't yet selected.
For apppearanes i would say that it mostly only goes as far as lizards, and those are rare. No real wings(at least not big ones) or wanting anything. So lizardfolk on terms of DnD is good Dragonborn are a bit too extreme, and mostly anything like ff14 is good

And no you don't have to agree with the 3 families. They are just the most influential in the system.

I was thinking of a kind of willing, in the fact he was raised by wolves and spent half his life with them. He is really recruited into the kennith family because of his affinity and skill with wind and earth prima. He believes the elements and creatures of the world should be respected. He can speak but prefers sign language to communicate; he meditates every day to keep his darker nature at bay. Even to this day, he still doesn't fully trust humans, but he is starting to understand them. He is enrolled in the strengthen his gifts and fully reintegrate into the human world. Open to other ideas on this
There's no real elemental affinity in Prima. Prima is in a basic definition, pure chaos. It is all things, all people are doing is narrowing its potential outcomes. Also Devotions are illegal to use without proper clearance, so unless this was a much bigger operation that ran deep into the states government, he would not be legally allowed to demonstrate those abilities.

Not to mention being raised by wolves in this world is... difficult to say the least. Especially when one of the key principles of the city is civilization. Perhaps not impossible but its the kind of backstory I'd really need to trust someone with

RBRUfnh.jpg

General Info

Name:
Astrid Fenneth

Biography

Family Name:

Fenneth, formerly Roaille. Adopted into the Fenneth family upon testing positive for Prima Waves.

Personality:
An ambitious glory-seeker ever hungry for advancement. She craves the thrill of victory and aims ever to increase her standing and prestige. Despite this, however, Astrid isn't so ungrateful as to forget about her benefactors. She understands that her current position is maintained only through the good grace of House Fenneth, and is fiercely loyal to them, and by extension, both theirs and King Engrem's ideals as a result. Thus, she tows House Fenneth's party line in politics.

On a personal level, Astrid exudes confidence in herself. She is pragmatic and calm, willing to give ground and concede points to others so long as it meant she could get what she wants later.

History:
The Roailles were just one of several civilian families sworn to serve one of the Knight lineages that intermarried to form the Fenneth line. As such, Astrid was raised to aspire to be nothing more than to be an agent and bodyguard for House Fenneth. She was instructed in swordplay, fieldcraft, politics, and etiquette to elevate her above other civilians in preparation to be useful in the house's power plays and protect the house's actual Knights from harm at home. However, a taste of power and ability only had her wanting more out of her life than she was afforded.

Thus, when Astrid found herself capable of Devotions, she leapt at the opportunity that fell in her lap. Having already trained her in the non-magical aspects of combat, House Fenneth adopted her into their line almost immediately, elevating both Astrid to the status of apprentice Knight with all the rights and privileges thereof.

In the weeks following Astrid's almost-immediate submission of her application, she has been adjusting to her new life as a true member of the house. Her hours are spent alternating between receiving additional training from the Fenneths in preparation for the Academy, and beginning to truly immerse herself in the politics of Civilis, as expected of a member of House Fenneth.

Abilities

Style:

Relies on swordplay first and foremost. Because of her sword, Astrid prefers to strike with superior skill and overwhelming speed rather than brute strength. Astrid's sword style relies on swift iaijutsu strikes improved with support Devotions.

Devotions:
Most of Astrid's Devotions are centered around physical enhancement for herself or those around her. She favors haste spells that enhance speed and agility, but also uses strength enhancements at times when she can't rely on her high-frequency blade alone to cut through a beast's hide. At range, Astrid augments her sword with wind to deliver strikes from a distance by creating vacuums and shockwaves with a swing of her blade. In addition, she is also capable of using her magic to create brief platforms of air pressure in order to reposition and reorient herself midair.

Astrid's devotion is to glory and victory, seeking to pull herself and those around her ever higher.

Finisher:
Will of the Blade - Astrid combines her two favored spells of haste and wind augmentation to charge forward and cut a target from seemingly every possible direction in a single instant.

Weapon of Choice:
Wields a high-frequency vibration katana with an accompanying scabbard.

Extra

Voice actor: Kari Wahlgren

Theme song

Last edited:
I'll be bringing Julien in first, though if I'm allowed two I'll bring in Bianca as well.

((Ignore the name plz))

lene_original_drawn_by_morry__0d5164156b56e292c641843e33b68e4b.png

~ General Info ~

Name:
Bianca

~ Biography ~

Family Name:
Vheldyn

Personality:

"Punk" would be the best word to describe Bianca. She has a tough exterior because of her years being treated like a pack mule by the elites, though she has them to thank for the strength she has now. All she knows is that she cannot be seen as weak or she will be taken advantage of. Bianca's toughness also spreads to her words, which she will not hesitate to spit with venom if she feels threatened or looked down on. Though Bianca does not come off as friendly, she's actually pretty nice once she feels the other person is of no threat to her or her brother and is really easy to please. A nice meal typically calms her down.

Currently, she's a little peeved at her brother for playing socialite with elites for her when she was breaking her back for him.

Her interests vary from technology and hand-to-hand fighting styles to anthropology and urban legends.

History:

Bianca and Julien were born to a sickly mother who was in and out of the hospital constantly. Though they were able to get care for her, their father suffered the worst of the turmoil watching his beloved wife slowly waste away. It eventually got to him, and when his wife died, an event happened that led to Bianca and Julien without their parents.

Their uncle Tobias adopted the both of them, taking them to the unsavory side of town.

There, Bianca and Julien learned about the knights, what Devotions were, the hierarchy of the country, and what was expected of them. Since their uncle didn't seem to have any hope that his niece and nephew would test for a lot of Prima, he figured it would be in their best interest to learn how to get by life properly.

And so he taught them. But once they'd become 15, he started being gone for longer. Julien had shown signs that his immune system and physical body were not as healthy as they could be. Though he was capable of living a long life, it might take him longer to recover from illnesses and wounds. This saddened Julien, because Bianca became more adamant about protecting him. Even at the cost of her own health.

Their uncle would visit them and provide support, with money for any medicine they might need always appearing. He told them that since they were becoming adults, it was better that they started learning how to handle themselves and to call for him when they needed him. He would be there.

Around that time, Bianca had gotten dragged into playing servant for lower elites. They treated her as a pack mule, making her carry their heavy belongings back and forth, working any hard labor jobs, and basically doing what she could for any extra money she could scavenge for her family. She did this without complaint, but resentment grew within her when her kindness was treated as pushover behavior. This led to her current attitude.

Julien felt bad for his sister. He understood why she was doing what she was, but he didn't want to be stuck doing nothing while Bianca worked her ass off. If she wanted to work, that was fine, but he didn't think she should have to destroy herself physically to give him and their uncle a comfier living. When he was 18, he decided that enough was enough, no matter how much Bianca protested.

He wasn't nearly as capable as her when it came to physical labor. But, he thought to himself, why should he dirty his hands when there were other means of getting money?

This is when he started socializing with some of the younger and lower elites, and learned just how desperate older women and men were for a pretty companion. A little attention here, and a kiss there, and suddenly they were so willing to buy him whatever he wanted. And what they bought him could be sold easily for a pretty coin.

There, Julian grew and learned. He would bring books for him and his sister to read, clothing, and whatever else the older women and men spoiled him with. He learned to dance, to pretend, he learned to read the room, and became known as "Angel eyes" among the lowers.

Julian detested the nickname, but well, his true feelings wasn't going to help him or Bianca, would it?

His socializing became a touchy subject between him and Bianca. Bianca wanted him to stop, but Julien said it was easy money and she should stop instead. Bianca told him it was her job to protect her younger brother and he shouldn't have to go around manipulating people. These arguments always ended in stalemates, and so the two learned to navigate around these topics.

When the time came to test for Devotions, Julien, Bianca, and their uncle were all shocked to discover that not one, but both tested high in Prima waves. Of course they both accepted the invitations, and their uncle congratulated them. He told the two that bigger and better opportunities would arise from this, and that they should not be afraid to reach for them. Even if it meant leaving.

Julien and Bianca thought he meant "leaving the house". But when a family within the Lightwalls seemed interested in Julien and another family in the Mortars wanted to see the carnage Bianca was capable of, they now truly understood what he meant.

As of now, they are undecided if they want to be adopted into Elite families.

~ Abilities ~

Style:

Bianca relies on brute strength to fight. She wields a greatsword that she holds with both hands with ease. However, at the cost for all this strength, Bianca's defenses are pretty low. She's meant to cause a lot of damage, but not be able to tank a lot of hits.

Devotions:

Bianca's devotions are centered around physical enhancements that work only on herself. The physical enhancements focus mainly on strength, but they can also assist her reflexes to help her dodge better. Considering Bianca's lack of defense, the reflex spell is necessary to prolong her survival in battle.

Finisher |
Grand Slam: Bianca's spell triples her strength and sets her greatsword ablaze. This technique is usually followed by her slamming her sword against the ground or her opponent to do a large amount of damage. The resulting impact is usually strong enough to leave a crater.

Weapon of Choice:

Greatsword

~ Extra ~

b7be07b58f796ef7a6ae7620e3df4987.jpg

~ General Info ~

Name:
Julian

~ Biography ~

Family Name:
Vheldyn

Personality:

Julian is a deceitful, cunning man able to read other people like a book after spending years manipulating others just so he could try and keep his sister out of the fields or carrying around the elite's belongings like a mule. He used his appearance to brush elbows will people of higher rank than him, doing his damnedest to get on their good side so Bianca could live life a little more peacefully. He understands she does what she does to keep him from undergoing the same thing, but Julien would rather play nice with some elites and entertain them than have his sister break her back from all the hard labor.

Despite his upbringing, Julian's heart is surprisingly in the right place. He is rather kind and is curious about this world he resides in, with a special interest in all the finer things in life. He holds a particular interest in history, geology, technology, and people as a whole.

History:

-See Bianca's sheet-

~ Abilities ~

Style:

His Devotions are his primary weapon, but it isn't much. Julian is a healer, and so focuses on healing his teammates. He will need his allies to protect him if they want him to work at his best.

Devotions:

Julian's main spell is healing and cleansing. This devotion heals others' cuts, bruises, broken bones, and other wounds, but cannot cure any diseases they might have. His healing can also cleanse others of harmful side effects of other weapons, such as poisons and burning.

His secondary spell is to create shards and launch them at his opponents. He can launch a good chunk of them at a time, but each shard shatters upon impact when they hit hard surfaces. Julian cannot recall any shards that shatter and will have to make more.

His finisher spell is a large AoE type of healing spell. He creates a dome that all allies can use to heal and cleanse their bodies. The dome stays in one spot and is under a time limit, but the healing works quickly.

Weapon of Choice:

His Devotions.

on my way to University so I won't be able to post mine until I get home because the draft is a local copy on my desktop.

Should be able to get it up sometime after though.

probably a stupid question, but as I haven't used Iwaku for more than 1x1's for a couple years (Time constraints and Writer's block, Ya know the deal) How does one make sure the entire sheet folds up, or is that just the good ol slashSpoiler stuff?

Yeah the code is (spoiler)INSERT YOUR STUFF HERE(/spoiler)

Of course with [ instead of (.

And no worries. I have my characters all planned out just haven't had the chance to make them yet (or play elden ring for that matter).

Also @Jessica @Psyker Landshark both of you are accepted! For the time being I think Bianca will not cause an issue (I also wanna make 2 characters) but time may not be kind to us but we'll burn that bridge when we get there.

Yeah the code is (spoiler)INSERT YOUR STUFF HERE(/spoiler)

Of course with [ instead of (.

And no worries. I have my characters all planned out just haven't had the chance to make them yet (or play elden ring for that matter).

Also @Jessica @Psyker Landshark both of you are accepted! For the time being I think Bianca will not cause an issue (I also wanna make 2 characters) but time may not be kind to us but we'll burn that bridge when we get there.

-screams in excite-

Another hour of class and a commute home and then I should be able to finish up. What are your thoughts on languages?

Another hour of class and a commute home and then I should be able to finish up. What are your thoughts on languages?
Like of they speak a different language? Well real people do that, but they'd likely be bilingual to some degree, even if they struggle in some parts

Unless you're asking to write posts in a different language, in which case I'm fairly certain most of us wouldn't be able to read it (which would suck :()

Basically like, for instance of if someone spent time outside of the main city and worked with or learned other languages, Or Started on a different language before learning and using that of the cities. Basically would amount to little more than a word or phrase here and there that may need translation where required but used for flavor.

I WISH I was confident enough in another language to post in it but no, that's not what I meant. :)

Oh absolutely okay. Hell you could probably make it a new language of some sort of you wanted (probably derived from a real language) but that's entirely fine. While I love to do my world building, I also love when it's done through tiny details from the other members of the cast

also not sure why the quote is below but of well!
Basically like, for instance of if someone spent time outside of the main city and worked with or learned other languages, Or Started on a different language before learning and using that of the cities. Basically would amount to little more than a word or phrase here and there that may need translation where required but used for flavor.

I WISH I was confident enough in another language to post in it but no, that's not what I meant. :)

I like the idea of a new language, and have done some Linguistic Anthropology courses, as well as currently in one for Writing Systems, But I'm not sure I have the knowledge to make one from scratch JUST yet. Easy to just keep vague about it though, so the possibility to flesh it out can remain. :)

Also, I SHOULD be able to have the thing up tonight, depending what happens. If not tonight, then after tomorrows quiz. :) Time, where art thou? XD