Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below

Fieldset:
Aachen_Rizen_Banner_B_-_Copy.jpg

This is the In Character Thread for Kenno Matsuri.
[ (Initial Wave) Interest Thread ] - [ Out of Character / Signups ]

Previous Entries
[ Hymn of Origin ]

Fieldset:
[ Journal ] - [ Bestiary ] - [ Manual ]

Last edited:
Kiri Moriya​
Haschou Noble​
Kiri Moriya CC: #ffb7c5
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

[ Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Village Apothecary ]

"Tsubaha? I thought it was Tsubaki..."

"Of course I don't want to," Kiri answered Rumiko, "but I hav-- OWW!" Kiri's answer was struck dead by a surprise-- or perhaps 'not surprising at all' --slap on the face. The one ear rang above the angry voice now shouting at her and she rubbed the cheek which was stinging red.

As Kei went on and on, hurling insult after heartbreaking insult, Kiri's stare grew from defensive to freezing cold. There was so much wrong with his accusations and so much malice towards her that they'd be here all day if she actually tried to dispel them one at a time. At the present moment, when every second wasted could make a crucial difference between life and death, she just couldn't give it to him.

"I tried so hard..." Kiri murmured, repeating herself more aggressively with disgust in her voice. "I tried so hard to get to know you. I was hoping you might appreciate that, but... I guess not." Circling around the group towards the door, Kiri stood there silently, probably waiting for Gyoku to finish up. After a few moments, she spoke up again.

"You should meet father sometime," she echoed another thought that crossed her mind. "You both have very similar ideas on how nobility should work."

@Ehb
@Karyra

Last edited:
Kei Daidouji, #00FFFF
Kei_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Maplegrounds]

Cold stare met cold stare.

"And I thought I'd treat you as an equal. Not a fragile toy. If you thought that we could be friends... if you could be some kind of magical time traveling hero, that's not the case. Certainly, you know better than that? Or should I clear it up? I killed a man. A noble. I ended up in jail for five years. I was promised so much, and I was betrayed." Kei said. "And it's not that I think like your father... I don't spend my time daydreaming. I'd rather know a hard truth, than a pretty lie."

Kei could not pretend she was fragile. She deserved the truth, and as cruel as it was, it was the truth. She'd find out sooner or later, and he couldn't just pretend that he could stand by and watch someone dance around the subject with her. If she was going to be worth anything, lying to her wouldn't be the path.

"Now, are you gonna go lay down on your mountain of pillows once you know exactly what's happening... or are you gonna come along and do something about it."
Kei asked. "Because we have to do something about it. With or without you. There is no flinching or relenting if you agree to this. The consequences are yours and yours alone. Don't pretend your actions are just pieces moving on a board or other peoples' problems. If you think that your Dad is wrong about how nobles should treat people... prove it to me."

Kei stepped back. He felt disgust with himself. She'd never care. Why should she? Here he was playing the bad guy just because he knew that she'd be broken. Some stupid part of him hoped she'd turn tail and run away. Keep Cirika safe or something. She had no combat training, that much was clear. He didn't really want any of them to die again, the first time was traumatic enough. Kiri and Cirika would be safe enough here.

@Luma
@Everyone

Kiri Moriya​
Very Angry Haschou Noble​
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

"I don't want to prove ANYTHING to you," Kiri snapped! Her eyes narrowed into a leer which shot straight at Kei, and for once, she truly looked mad. "I have shown you nothing but kindness ever since you showed up! I gave you all the benefit of the doubt, I gave you a tour of Haschou, and I even tried to convince Cirika to let you stay in town! You didn't acknowledge me, you didn't thank me... you didn't even give me a SMILE!"

With an indignant twirl, Kiri spun around to face the door, hands balled up into little fists. Though she hid it well, one fist momentarily raised up to her eye to wipe away a few tears. "Everything was fine until you showed up. Now Mother, Gyoku, Cirika... so many others are all in danger, and it's like you don't even care! Maybe we're all just already dead to you future people!?"

Opening the door a crack, Kiri turned her head slightly towards Gyoku and spoke in a somber tone, "I'll wait outside for you... Gyoku. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable..." With that, Kiri stepped outside. Nearly anyone in Haschou could attest to Kiri anger being a rarity which was seen only by a select few. It was a once-in-several-years event that Gyoku, the doctor, and even the guards outside would find especially jarring.

@Karyra
@Ehb

Reactions: Ehb
Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D
[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Village Apothecary]

"Lady Moria... that's...."

"I have to make sure everyone's safe. All of you. We can always get a new servant, but we could never replace you. I can't just leave that to chance."

Gyoku exhaled in a resigned fashion. Kiri was generally apathetic about the various goings on of the village normally. But, because of that little slip up - that her mother was involved, Kiri now had this urge to get involved. Regardless, the muscled woman spoke up.

@RedArmyShogun

"Apothecary, I may have a few things to ask of you, patch up the Tsubaki, then gather whatever towns people are willing, what I'm trying to say is, gather who is brave enough or who the guards might think twice on shooting, as long as they don't try and go towards the keep they should be able to gather the birds..the Dragon might be a bit difficult but we got a few hours.. I'm not saying to do this for our feast, but as frankly I'm not sure when matters may allow us to deal with those wolves and your food rations are terrible enough as is, set about preserving and stockpiling them...as to the rice, if you have plenty of water I might be able to work out a halfway miracle, stretch that one bowl out into four or five with rice porridge... Speaking of water there might be something else we can do to help with your food situation from within the village,.

"If you are asking me to willingly petition the people of this town to become living shields then my answer is No.The people responsible for facing arrows are the town guard, woman! Tending to your friend, THAT I can do."

The doctor outright refused. There was even a distinct inflection of disgust. Rumiko's suggestion was outright reckless towards the lives of people who were not involved.

"I refuse to put the laypeople at risk if I can help it. As for the rice and water, a more reasonable suggestion. As I said, feel free to that rice bowl, as for the water I believe your companion there has come well prepared."

The doctor motioned to Noriko and his canteens.

Rumiko then turned to Gyoku.

"Sorry, no can do, Gyoku was it? We have to go do this as well, otherwise I think things will get much worse, plus with no clear authority we can't do those jobs purely out of kindness.. I also want to see inside of that keep, get my hands on that Assassin for a bit of a..prayer talk. Though I'm not sure we all should go..but that's a talk for another time, besides I don't think you can take it alone and I don't want to wait and see if Cirika tries charging it when she wakes up or kills herself over it."

We.
Somehow, it seemed like these complete strangers had some sort of stock in these upcoming events? As far as Gyoku knew they had only went up to fight the dragon at Lady Cirika's behest. On accout that the contract that lead to the Dragon being exactly what it was: a contract with pay promised. Despite the woman saying they had no intention of doing any jobs out of kindness, they were paradoxically offering their help.

What was the reason behind it? Did they just really want their pay for the dragon that badly? Granted, after defeating a lesser dragon handling a mere coup seemed like a downgrade in difficulty.

"If our esteemed dragon slayers wish to offer their assistance once more then meet me at the east gates of the Maplegrounds as soon as you can. We'll be attempting to take back the castle before daybreak."

Stepping away form Kiri, Gyoku continued to gather up supplies.

@Accelerator

"Tsubaha...-san?"
The lone request from Noriko went unnoticed to the person he was hailing. To Gyoku, already scurrying to pack as many bandages into a single cloth blanket the name of the person he was calling for was meaningless.

Gyoku felt like the biggest problem right now was how to take back the Keep and how to prevent Lady Kiri from getting into harms way. Maybe she could just lead her astray? No that wouldn't work. Maybe lock her into the mansion? Did she even have time to go all the way back there? There was just so much uncertainty. Why did this have to happen now?

"Sure you want to go in there Little Princess? You might not like what you find..

She just had to hurry. Get going. Ditching Kiri before the assault begins would be easy, and-

"Of course I don't want to, but I hav-- OWW!"
"Don't lie!"

Hearing Kiri's cry of pain and the sound of a slap Gyoku snapped into action. In a single move, the threw aside what she was doing, and at the same time reached into her Obi-

"Gyoku! Wait-!"

"How dare you insult my Lady!"

The tense atmosphere was completely shattered into one of complete belligerency.

"She's just as replaceable as the rest of your servants, isn't she? They're all just replaceable. When this coup is done it doesn't matter if they're dead or imprisoned, because you'll just get some other desperate fool to clean your clothing."

There was so many people in this little house Gyoku still had to turn to see who was suddenly spouting such disrespectful language. However, when Gyoku saw the person who was actually speaking... she froze.

"Gyoku. Don't lie to her about what you think. Because they're not going to be fine. You wanna know how you mother is doing. Kiri? She's dead. Gyoku there won't tell you this because she doesn't want to see you cry. But you're soft. They've babied you and you are acting like you're some kind of hero when you're just a scared noble kid who everyone treats with kid gloves! You're the... the-"
"You're supposed to be the daughter of the Spymaster, so toughen up or stay behind."

"I tried so hard... I tried so hard to get to know you. I was hoping you might appreciate that, but... I guess not."
"You should meet father sometime you both have very similar ideas on how nobility should work."

As her lady and the boy with the cyan hair began to bicker, the doctor wordlessly and fruitlessly tried to deescalate their confrontation. Gyoku, beings Kiri's guardian, was supposed have had a few throwing knives lodged into that boy's body by now. But as she was now, she was paralyzed.

As the two continued to trade discontented sentiments, the servant's mind was sucked off into memory. Whatever Lady Kiri had said had triggered this young man. In Gyoku's case, seeing this young man's face and his words triggered something in her own self as well. Things that were supposed have been buried well enough to not matter anymore were brought to the forfront.

Most present were locked on the Kiri and Kei. The magnitude at which Gyoku was struck just now in her heart was easily missed.

"Master Moryia. My Name is Gyoku Hagakure. Your personal shadow."
"Me personal shadow's name is Gyoku huh? Well, aren't we pretty cute?"

"As you are my master, I am yours. Do with me as you wish, My Lord."

"Everything was fine until you showed up. Now Mother, Gyoku, Cirika... so many others are all in danger, and it's like you don't even care! Maybe we're all just already dead to you future people!?"

"Right then, first things first. First order: cut the master crap. I have a name, and it's..."

"Gyoku. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable..."

Hearing her name in Kiri's voice, Gyoku slowly came back to reality.

"....Lady Moriya. No that isn't the case. In truth..." She attempted to answer...

Kiri closed the door behind her.

"...."

Gyoku looked at Kei with a somber expression. Though, she gathered herself up. She made her expression more harsh as she dug a kunai into the wall next to Kei as she stood practically face to face with him.

Kei felt a couple of cut strands of hair fall onto his shoulder. This woman didn't injure him.The knife did not draw any blood. But it didn't fail to draw blood due to an unsteady hand. She had simply chosen not to kill him.

That strike was accurate. He could even now feel the coolness of the blade radiating towards the tip of his right ear.

"Hiro.... that name. Does that mean anything to you?"

"Gyoku! Oh dear heavens I thought you actually stabbed him." The doctor began. "But, You can't be saying that he's... wait. Now that you mention it. That's-!" The doctor rubbed his eyes. "-Impossible. What sort of coincidence!"

The name Hiro was just as meaningless to Kei as excited as Gyoku and the Doctor seemed to be getting over it. It Kei, it was as meaningless to him as the name Tsubaha was meaningless to Gyoku. The moment of silence between the two only confirmed this.

Gyoku pulled her knife out of the wall and stepped away from Kei.

"If this was another time, I'd have killed you right there for speaking so coarsely and angering Lady Moriya like that. But you've made it clear that you have intentions to help stop this coup. Because we need all the help we can get: I'll forget the inflammatory things you said to my lady. To that end: if you wish for anything more, then I'll see you at the gates of the Maplegrounds on the eastern side."

She gathered up the bandages she'd dropped. As she passed, the Doctor weakly replied. Again repeating his solidarity.

"...Gyoku. You can count on me. I'll lend whatever support I can."

Nodding to the Doctor, she went out the door of the Apothecary after Kiri.

An awkward silence filled the room. The doctor after a fidget, impulsively reached out to the bowl of rice he'd offered to his guests.
He apologized as he took a pinch of rice out of it to eat.

"Getting a little unnecessarily stressful for me to handle. Sorry."
"Anyway, Rumiko it was? I've looked over your companions and have treated them as much as I could. Though, while I agree that Lady Kiri mustn't put herself into danger like this... I cannot agree with the way that's been gone about it in these past couple of minutes."

He looked to Kei. Pausing to form his words for a moment.

"Young man. While It is most deplorable that you spent years in jail because of your nobility, that is no excuse to respond so harshly towards Lady Kiri, who had nothing to do with it. Naive as she may be, Kiri hasn't done anything to anyone to be grinded down in such a fashion.
I see that in a way, you are trying to help. But you also do not understand that, well either way... none of your jaded views of the world will be of any use to Lady Kiri; in the long run...."

The long run.... wait a second.
What was that doctor saying? It felt like there was something more behind what he was saying.

@Karyra
@RedArmyShogun
@_Everyone

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Outside the Village Apothecary]

"Lady Kiri."
"....Lady Kiri. I know what I';m about to say is not what you wish to hear, so please forgive me."
"As uncouth as it was for that young man to say those things to you. He might've had a point."

The guards at the door, whom had heard everything that happened previously shuffled uncomfortably. Trying to pretend they weren't in the conversation at all.

"Those new friends you've made. The Doctor, Me, and everyone else in the village too. They're worried about you and don't want to see you get injured in this terrible occasion. It is is for that percise reason that such bravado such as 'wanting to see things through' or 'ensuring everyone is safe' is nothing but folly. To that end, I must now say this: As your shadow and as your guardian, I forbid you to go near the Maplegrounds until this is over."

Invoking the rule of being a guardian. And ordering her not to do something.
That was the sort of thing used for young nobles who couldn't stop running away from home to play with the kids like Cirika.
It was invoked for little kids, primarily. Little as Kiri was, she most definitely wasn't a kid.

"Lady Kiri.... just this once, please listen to what I say. If there was just one time where you could do that for me., please let it be this time."

So, in the end, even Gyoku was treating her like she was.... a nuisance. Just helpless. This was like, one of the first time she'd invoked that rule since she was young. But even then, Gyoku pretty much let her do her own thing for the most part. That was part of the reason why she gained her known habit of sleeping anywhere. Gyoku did not give it the time of day to rouse her awake to go to a proper futon.

In a way, reminding Kiri that she was doing this as her guardian was just a thinly veiled way of saying she thought of her as a child.Was Gyoko really going to focus on that rather than how rude Kei had been to her? Caring more about her being irresponsible rather than trying to save mother's and everyone else's lives in the castle?

How about that rule...

There was an unsaid rule about guardians in Haschou. It was said, that if you defeated yours in battle, you'd be grown up and not have to listen to them anymore since you'd be an adult.
This unsaid rule generally applied to young boys, who were expected to become great warriors serving the daimyou once they got older. So from the traditional paradigm, it meant that the guardian trained you until you were good enough to best them in practice.

"You're wearing such a defiant expression, Lady Kiri...."

Gyoku said, with a hint of grimness in her tone.

@Luma
@_Anyone...maybe?

Rumiko Mitsurugi
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Apothecary]

"If you are asking me to willingly petition the people of this town to become living shields then my answer is No.The people responsible for facing arrows are the town guard, woman! Tending to your friend, THAT I can do."

"I refuse to put the laypeople at risk if I can help it. As for the rice and water, a more reasonable suggestion. As I said, feel free to that rice bowl, as for the water I believe your companion there has come well prepared."

"What?.., I only want them to move in when we either have the guards attention, be it once we are inside or if a few of us can distract them. Either way that food must be collected, I've seen signs from the Mountain this winter will be unbelievably harsh, if you would feel better using the town guard then do it. I'm not asking you to do this as a distraction, if I had even the tiniest of amount of faith your people could deal with them or the wolf attacks I wouldn't suggest it."

Laying it out flatly that she had no ulterior motive in her request, Rumiko shrugs while shaking her head with a sigh. "Plus you can't even feed us now and if our promised food is foregone.." Eyeing her more criminal allies the Priestess was doing a bit of arm twisting to be sure, the pay she could go without, but the fact these people were that cowardly to not even seek out food when it was in front of them..

"To be perfectly clear doctor, your people will starve to death slowly in this winter, we could go out for your farm supplies once things are resolved, but that isn't a promise you should hold your prayers on, please reconsider and enact it during our request...unless we can resolve this all within 24 hours. Also the food I had in mind to grow were edible roots and mushrooms, you have a few months on those.."

Looking at the Bushy Eyebrows clone, Rumiko was about to clear the doubt registered on her face, the fact was they actually did need the pay, this village could not feed them and likely wouldn't even attempt, to put in cynically they were a village of lemmings 100% dependent on someone else to take care of their problems while the autocracy was utterly oblivious or uncaring to the reality in front of them while still focusing on Cirika's journey, it was a small wonder they had a coup, the corruption seeped from the stone walls of the Keep. All of this only served to anger the Miko that those in positions of power were so utterly stupid and had failed their charges this poorly.

That's when Kei went off on one of his tangents, while Rumiko had thought the exact same she knew better than to voice it, the passion in which he spoke, no, she didn't believe what he said earlier at all. He defiantly had a direct connection to these people in some capacity and a painful one at that. Or at least towards the old system of rule..just what was his story?

That was when something hit her, while she did look at bit like hired muscle, the Miko was highly observant and often had a good if nor forceful heart. With her friendly yet not so friendly, she sticks her right arm across a support beam, putting herself between the doctors and the rest before they could make a move.

]"Now Doctor...how do you know this about our friend? Maybe I'm looking into this too much, Apothecary, but right now you remind me of the story tellers that show up in books.. What do you mean by in the long run? Maybe I'm jumping at straws here, but we need some answers if you want our help." Was he some sort of Wizard, another person trapped here, the truth to the world, or simply a doctor who made a lucky guess?

Either way with the past outburst of Kei, there was no way this man should know about that, either way what she was doing wasn't so much to threaten him as to protect him, casting her gaze back towards her allies. "Maybe you would like it if some of us went to help Kiri?"

While she had no doubt others would speak up, or event caught on to those words, others might assume she was crazy, maybe she was. There was also the issue with the Hiro fellow, but one of the others could bring that up.

@Ehb @Karyra @others in the room

Runara
Runara_Ico.jpg

Runara had her wound treated, along with others... As it was revealed that the dragon they beat was just a lesser one. Runara sighed in relief, had it been a larger one she probably knows she won't stand a chance. Especially since she's a Doven who were a treat for the Dragonkin. But, in her historical studies she never recalled a coup happening here before the fated assassination of Cirika. That was certainly weird, perhaps their involvements with this timeline would also alter the course of events that will differs from the history that they've heard.

It was concerning that the Keep have been taken over by those disloyal people. There goes Runara's chance for food. More worryingly, that person who just came in, Gyoku... A servant of the Moriya family, bears a lot of resemblance to Tsubaha. Even Noriko called her out as Tsubaha...

But then, Kei snapped, hurling insults after insults towards Kiri. His hatred and malice was uncalled for towards Kiri. Runara couldn't help but to sympathize to Kiri. Perhaps Runara have been in Kiri's position before... She knew how it felt for Kiri to be in that position. And watching her leave after lashing out herself. Runara looked down, knowing that despite her rather lazy views and people not expecting her to succeed. Kiri still carried on, it was something that Runara wished she could do back in her home...

There were only silence from Runara, not even replying to Tsubaki who adressed her needs of food... A while after Kiri, and Gyoku leaves the building. Runara soon followed them

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Outside the Village Apothecary]

Runara came out to hear Gyoku ordering Kiri to not go to the Maplegrounds. No... This is definitely what she experienced back in her home... Looked down upon, just being referred as a kid while she really isn't one. Runara walked over to the two.

"Are you really not going to let Kiri grow up and be responsible?" Runara said as she joined in. Gripping her bandaged waist. She grimaced at the annoying tinge of pain on her wound.

"That guy was really harsh on you, I'm sorry on his behalf... But he does have a point, you are a noble. Sooner or later you have to grow up and show your responsibility as one... Especially since your dad is a Spymaster for the current ruling family right? While most won't expect you to. You will have to do your responsibility. And yes, treating us around and all is part of that, and I humbly thank you for your initiative on that." She adressed Kiri before looking towards Gyoku.

"She can hold off on her own, please let her help in retaking the Keep from those disloyal scums. I'm begging you as..." She wanted to say 'as a noble from a far away kingdom' but she couldn't. She couldn't admit that she was a noble. There were still some hesitation from Runara to show her real identity, even to this supposed memory fragment. It would be a shame that Kiri could brave on bearing that title while Runara just ran....

"As one who've fought beside her... Please, let her help. I can vouch for her ability..." She practically begged Gyoku to let Kiri join in on the retaking the Keep group.

[/hr]

Saburo
Saburo_Ico.jpg

When Saburo was a young child. A group of merchants had come to his local village. They had travelled from all over; Places that Saburo had never heard uttered before. They had chosen his village as a meeting point. Neutral ground for the various trade delegations to work out deals, disputes, alliances and all that.

They were dressed in such bright colours. Silk of the highest quality. He remembered watching, enraptured by the men wearing what seemed like beauty itself. He followed them through the market square. How the rising dust seemed to not even dare to touch their drapes. Their majestic glamour carrying him into the large tent of the trade deal.

He supposed that he was small enough that they didn't notice him hide behind the few storage boxes littered in the corner. Perhaps that is why, when they closed the drapes of the enterance. They did not wait more then a single second to throw off their silks. Their expressions hardening. Saburo watched the almost royal radiance crumble into sourness. Vague smiles turning into harsh snarls.

And then the explosion of noises. Words forming insults and threats crawled up the leather walls. Threatening to break through the canopy.

And all Saburo could feel, in the long hours he spent trapped behind those boxes. Was confusion. Such chaos and anger. Over things that he could never hope to understand. Situations that had happened many years ago in places many leagues away. Events that he had no culpability in. Even so, fate had laid him in the shade of that meeting place. Witness and victim of woes and sins. Confusion. All he could feel then was confusion.

He felt very much the same way now.

He forced himself to take some air in.

He found himself outside. First there had been what must have been the end's of Kiri's and her servant's discussion. Then, He found himself listening to Runara debate for Kiri coming with them. Oh, yes. Saburo reminded himself. The coup.

His mouth opened to say something. He should say something right? To 'add' to the conversation. Not just standing there. But Saburo found his throat empty.

"Uhm..." Saburo fiddled with his sleves. "K-Kiri?" His eyes counted the feet. Two, four, six.

"I, er, don't really have anything i-insightful to say, really. About this. B-but, well, your mother. I'm...I mean...I know how that... " Saburo eyes narrowed slightly. "Have hope, we don't know anything yet...right?"

Eight, if you counted his own.

"And, you're right. We...didn't thank you for your kindness. S-Showing us around and helping us. And accepting a story that, um, makes us look like lunatics. We, um, I...appreciate that. It was really nice of you. And I apologize for not showing that. I'll help m-march in there right with you...if that's what you want."

He glanced at the feet of Gyouko. Combat ready. "Again...not my place. B-but...to stop someone...I mean, to stop Kiri from....It's...cruel."

"Anyway...I'll just wait over here....go back with your convseration...sorry."

@Ehb

@Luma

@LowDefinition

Kei Daidouji, #00FFFF
Kei_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Maplegrounds]

"Everything was fine until you showed up. Now Mother, Gyoku, Cirika... so many others are all in danger, and it's like you don't even care! Maybe we're all just already dead to you future people!?"

"..."

Gyoku threatened him. However, as she did, everyone could see the fact that Kei had no reaction to Gyoku digging the knife next to his head. It was as if he'd put his all into putting himself into acting as if it didn't hurt. It was necessary. No attachments. Dead people or otherwise. It was necessary.

"Hiro.... that name. Does that mean anything to you?"

"It does not."

"If this was another time, I'd have killed you right there for speaking so coarsely and angering Lady Moriya like that. But you've made it clear that you have intentions to help stop this coup. Because we need all the help we can get: I'll forget the inflammatory things you said to my lady. To that end: if you wish for anything more, then I'll see you at the gates of the Maplegrounds on the eastern side."

"I see. Thank you."

She should have done it. She's right.

"Young man. While It is most deplorable that you spent years in jail because of your nobility, that is no excuse to respond so harshly towards Lady Kiri, who had nothing to do with it. Naive as she may be, Kiri hasn't done anything to anyone to be grinded down in such a fashion. I see that in a way, you are trying to help. But you also do not understand that, well either way... none of your jaded views of the world will be of any use to Lady Kiri; in the long run...."

"Yeah, but she needed to hear it right now. I wasn't going to let her be babied. If she was going to go..." Kei shook his head. "Doesn't matter. I just preferred that she knew the stakes now rather than... later."

He could play the bad guy. He really could. He was going to have to, anyway. What did it matter if Kiri was mad him now. It was like she said. They were all already dead so it didn't matter. He just had to do whatever it was that the world was asking of him now. Stop a coup, kill a dragon, whatever. But that didn't change history. They were all dead.

"Hey, before we depart. Who is Hiro? It sounds like he's important. You made it out like I should know him or something, but I don't."

@Ehb
@RedArmyShogun
@Everyone

Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

[ Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Outside of the Village Apothecary ]

"Lady Kiri."

"Gyoku," Kiri replied, turning to face her, "Are you rea--"

"....Lady Kiri. I know what I'm about to say is not what you wish to hear, so please forgive me."

"..."

Kiri waited. She listened patiently as Gyoku spun her respectful words together to make respectful sentences, and as they went along, Kiri grew more and more conflicted. Of all the times... why now...? Why were they still arguing about this when every moment mattered so much! And now she was staring. She couldn't help it.

"I... just..."

"Are you really not going to let Kiri grow up and be responsible?"

Kiri listened again, cracking a very subtle smile for a few seconds before it faded back into worry. "...thank you," Kiri murmured to Runara for her help. She was about to open her mouth again, when another voice came through.

"Uhm... K-Kiri?"

Once again, she turned from Gyoku to-- now --Saburo to hear him out. The smile she threw him lingered just a while longer: the cumulative effect of the both of them backing her up in their own ways.

"You're welcome," she finally answered Saburo to conclude his bit, before finally turning to Gyoku, raising the crossbow from her back to point it at her servant. The look on Kiri's face was a cocktail mix of worry, defiance, and what seemed to be indecisiveness. Gyoku had every right to give her that order, but it felt unbearable to sit by while she might be able to help. Hurting one of the most capable fighters felt equally wrong.

After a few tense moments, Kiri sighed and lowered the weapon, setting it down on a well-trimmed shrub nearby. She looked defeated and teary-eyed as she practically fell forward to hug Gyoku again. Shutting her eyes tight, Kiri buried her face in Gyoku's shoulder as she held on tight. "Why did this have to happen..." she choked, nearly weeping. "Why does everyone always have to prove themselves by fighting...!? It's so awful. Isn't that why this mess started in the first place...!?"

Even through the thin fabric covering Gyoku's shoulder, she started to feel a warm spot from Kiri's tears. Kiri's lament was almost silent, and only those right beside her could hear her make any sound at all.

The hug continued. Time passed, the final leaf from a nearby tree fell to the ground, wind rustled through the crossbow-adorned shrubbery, and still Kiri stood there wrapped around Gyoku for the second third time today. It was already an awkward moment for anyone nearby to witness, but it'd now gone on for several minutes.

Only after Kiri's crying had ceased-- and she continued to cling --did it slowly become apparent what she was doing. Maybe it hadn't even been her original intention, but regardless: Kiri was defining her own battle! A battle she was already winning.

"Do you concede," Kiri asked solemnly?

If Gyoku were to try and struggle out of Kiri's grasp, she'd immediately notice a lack of any progress. Kiri wasn't budging, even an inch. It wasn't just her grip either, but the fact that Kiri was literally rooted in place around Gyoku; fused with the earth. In fact, she was rooted and attached so tightly that the only possible way for Gyoku to separate herself was to seriously injure Kiri. She could remain there as the coup escalated further, or harm her lady: either way she would be violating the duties she took pride in.

"Don't you understand, Gyoku...? How could I live with myself if you were all gone? I'm not a great fighter like you, but I know I can help! I have to..."

@LowDefinition
@Rithas
@Ehb

Last edited:
Fieldset:

"Yeah, but she needed to hear it right now. I wasn't going to let her be babied. If she was going to go..."
"Doesn't matter. I just preferred that she knew the stakes now rather than... later."

The Doctor nodded, seeming to be in thought of a whole different topic. Something that Kei couldn't decipher exactly, for sure.

"You may be right on that front Young man." He said as he looked to the side.

Rumiko then spoke...

After hearing the muscled woman explain her suggestions in more detail, the Doctor could only let out a sigh. It certainly felt like if he tried to debate this any further it would only take up more time than necessary.

@RedArmyShogun

"....I'll see what I can do. Still, the townspeople should stay in the safety of their homes until we're sure things are fully resolved with the castle. Lets' try to focus on more pressing matters in the meantime."

"Hey, before we depart. Who is Hiro? It sounds like he's important. You made it out like I should know him or something, but I don't."

Rumiko also added in as well. Finding the peculiar anecdote to be curious.

"Now Doctor...how do you know this about our friend? Maybe I'm looking into this too much, Apothecary, but right now you remind me of the story tellers that show up in books.. What do you mean by in the long run? Maybe I'm jumping at straws here, but we need some answers if you want our help."
"Maybe you would like it if some of us went to help Kiri?"

"...Hiro was Gyoku's original Master. All the way back when she started out just as a regular guardian. He was a particularly accomplished Shadow. One of the finest in the village at the time. As you'd have guessed by now, Gyoku took after her master's trade in order to be able to better serve him."
"Naturally, Lord Moriya sees that his daughter would only get the best. Gyoku's one of his best Shadows in the village, and he's Daimyou Ikkikari's Spymaster. He made her into Kiri's Guardian. Simple enough, right?"

The Doctor looked at Kei. Seeming to inspect his appearance carefully.

"As for how that applies to you, young man. It really dosent, it would seem. However, not too often that I've seen a shadow, much less Gyoku freeze up like that. Then again, not too often someone who looks exactly like her former master shows up. Can only wonder what was going through her head the moment her master's 'ghost' appeared out of nowhere."

The doctor then stood up.

"That's all I know. The rest of the story is something that only Gyoku would know really. She was his servant, after all. But..." He said as he turned to Rumiko. "If you want to hear a sad story about the system of this valley and it's clans after all of this coup business and such concludes successfully, I'd be happy to tell you it."

Crossing his arms together, the doctor looked at the group still in his home, and Lady Cirika, resting without a care in the world due to her sedation.

"Right then. Lady Cirika needs her rest. The guards will keep watch. Since the rest of you've been healed up, let's leave for the maplegrounds."

Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D
[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Outside Village Apothecary]

"Are you really not going to let Kiri grow up and be responsible?"

The scantily clad woman with pointed ears and a tail spoke. She apologized for the things that Kei had said to her. But... on top of that, she also wanted to vouch to have Kiri participate in trying to save the people in the castle.

"She can hold off on her own, please let her help in retaking the Keep from those disloyal scums. I'm begging you as..."
"As one who've fought beside her... Please, let her help. I can vouch for her ability..."

@LowDefinition

"Yes. I've heard. Fighting a dragon is certainly something commendable. Still, with all of the help that My Lady Gathered I can only presume that she was never really in any danger in that battle." Gyoku turned to face Runara as she finished. "Given that Lady Cirika was there, doubly so. She would've made sure Kiri wouldn't get hurt."

Uhm..."
"K-Kiri?"

Another one of the outsiders arrived. A cowardly looking boy who appeared to be mustering about all of their courage in order to speak up.
They also attempted to thank Kiri for what she'd done for them.

@Rithas

Again...not my place. B-but...to stop someone...I mean, to stop Kiri from....It's...cruel."
"Pardon me?"
"Anyway...I'll just wait over here....go back with your convseration...sorry."

It was really strange. These people had just met Lady Kiri today. From what Gyoku understood, she only picked them up out of a passing interest. Originally, they'd been causing trouble and even had a scuffle with Lady Cirika in the Market. But, in the same day - they defeated the flock and the dragon at the castle. And seeing people wanting to speak up for Kiri like this. just what sort of things did they do together, exactly?

It was important to remain distrustful of them.
But, somehow, she felt like there was a sincerity with them that was getting harder for her to write off.

Click.

Gyoku stared down the bolt and crossbow that Kiri had pointed at her. Ah... that was right. According to tradition a child under protection of a guardian was mature enough once they were able to defeat their guardian in battle. Things like that didn't really need to apply to girls like Kiri, as they were never really meant to go to battle like the men. But... it would seem that Kiri's own misguided and patchy view of things was leading her to point that crossbow at her.

Taking down Lady Kiri was easy. She was wide open, and a shot from a Kunai would easily disable her.
But, it would be unsightly to offer Kiri with such an unsightly scar. The Lord would not like that at all.
The added part of disarming Kiri harmlessly was the hard part. Still, a crossbow was a weapon. A dangerous one nonetheless.

"...Lady Moriya."
"Is that your decision, then?"

Kiri cried into Gyoku's shoulder. She breathed out in relief. So, it didn't have to end in a fight. Gyoku thought to herself.

@Luma

"Why does everyone always have to prove themselves by fighting...!? It's so awful. Isn't that why this mess started in the first place...!?"
"....It's just the way things are in the world. Yoiiur father and their forefathers have done this for as long as anyone can remember. It would take something amazing for that to change."
"Certainly, if things worked with the gentle logic of My Lady then there would be no need for Shadows like myself anymore."

But, it was odd.
Kiri was holding onto her rather tightly. And.. it wasn't just clinging either. It was just like back in the- oh no!

"Do you concede?"

After a few fruitless nudges to free herself, Gyoku sighed.

"...My Lady's Earth Force Affinity. Clever."
"Don't you understand, Gyoku...? How could I live with myself if you were all gone? I'm not a great fighter like you, but I know I can help! I have to..."

"...By Dying, Perchance? Opening yourself to the chance of dying - do you really think that will do anyone any good, Lady Kiri? I alone can't protect you from everything out there in the world."

It pained Gyoku to have to talk to Kiri like this... but, she had to. If Kiri truly belived in what she was trying to do here, then Gyoku had to crush it.

"...There are more important things that your life entails than just answering to ill advised bravado and your own impulses. As much as you may suffer at the thought of what may have befallen to the people you care about. There will only be more suffering if you die here. For everyone... the whole village."

Gyoku put her hands on Kiri's shoulders.

"...Tricking me like that. That's very good. A daughter of the Spymaster should be able to use deception to gain an advantage. But... Lady Kiri you made a single mistake."
"I'm certain I'll be in big trouble after this."

@_Everyone

Kiri... couldn't speak!

Kiri appeared to be suffocating.
Gyoku had put her hand around her master's neck, and only garbled sounds were coming out of Kiri's mouth. With her other free hand, Gyoku was restricting Kiri from being able to struggle.

"...Kiri. A long time ago, I promised someone I cared deeply for that I wouldn't let any harm come to you. If I have to go the path of you never being able to leave the manor again to get into anymore trouble then I suppose a few sacrifices are acceptable. Like your legs, for instance."

Gyoku was willing to go to such extremes just to keep Kiri from fighting...?
Someone had to stop her!

The shadow turned to the door of the Doctor's home. Out of it came the Doctor, and the rest of the travelers. Immediately the doctor was horrified at what he could see.

"G-gyoku!? What are you doing with Lady Kiri!?"
"Stop this at once! Whatever your intentions are, this is unacceptable for a shadow, Gyoku!"

She turned to the others. Wistfully she smiled to the shocked travelers.

"Then why don't you make me, you Gaijins?"

There was only one way to get Kiri away from her.
Whatever twisted things Gyoku had somehow come up with, she had to be stopped!
They could take her out if they worked together.

@_Everyone

Information: Stop Gyoku!

1x Gyoku Hagakure (Tough)

--------------------------

GyokuBssIco.jpg

Gyoku Hagakure (Tough)
15/15 EP

Techs:

Ghost Edge (Base - Force) LV 3
Glimmer Dragon (Arkane - Force) LV 3
Dancing Blades Chaos (Mythic - Force)

Stinging Hornet (Base - Force) LV 2

Crossing Claws (Base - Wind) LV 2
Dragon Swarm (Arkane - Force) LV 2

Lion's Howl (Base - Force) LV 2

Last edited:
Reactions: LowDefinition
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

In Kiri's ideal world, Gyoku saw the resolve with which Kiri carried herself and finally gave in to the idea of trusting her. She'd return the hug, they'd all go off to save Mother only to realize she'd been safely at home the whole time, and everything would be fine. This was so far from her hopes that the reality of it was almost more painful than the sudden lack of oxygen.

"Gy...k..." Kiri tried to mouth the name. It was enough to get the idea, but certainly not enough to carry the full range of connotations and emotions she wished to convey in the tone of it. The tone of it simply couldn't ring out without more air.

Kiri's mortified face was still partially obstructed by Gyoku's shoulder, but her entire body began shivering. Maybe it was psychological horror, or the lack of oxygen weakening her body, it really didn't matter and was probably a mix of both. Her lungs started to burn, and the world began to spin in strange ways, but she still held on stubbornly. At this point, it wasn't just proving herself: it was stopping this horrible fight by remaining there as an obstacle.

"St...p," she sputtered, repeating it several times as loudly as she could manage, "STPSTPSTPSTPSTP!"

Gyoku felt Kiri's grip around her waist tighten one last time as she released a final burst of energy and willpower. Ultimately though, it only served as a final sprint towards the point where her strength failed her, and once a few seconds had passed, the grip softened and softened until Kiri collapsed to the ground, unconscious; possibly even dead. The Earth Force holding them in place broke its hold and there was no one standing between Gyoku and the strangers any longer.

@Ehb
@everyone_kinda

Noriko Amagawa CC : #54ACD2
iBJmVVk.jpg

It would seem Noriko would not get any response whatsoever from the woman named Gyoku as she seemed to pre-occupied with all the chaos happening around the village to notice what he had called her. Nonetheless, he didn't let it bother him that much. He understood that this world in itself was an anomaly and not a part of their world's reality. The coup was proof enough since he could not recall any rebellion taking place during this era from the history books he had read. The mere fact that other anomalies existed within this place during the "previous" timeline dismissed the idea that they have been sent back in time. Otherwise, this development would echo throughout their time and would have written history altogether.

"This place... isn't real. And that woman, while bearing some resemblance, isn't that person." He said to himself mentally as if to confirm and convince himself of these facts.

As if things weren't messy enough, Kei let his emotions get the best of him and snapped marvelously in front of everyone, throwing insult upon insult on Kiri and basically pronouncing that her mother was dead. While it was a likely possibility, Noriko never thought of being the harbinger of bad news for two things. First and foremost, even with that kind of atmosphere hanging in the room, he didn't have the facts to support such a claim, logically speaking. But there was really a more mundane reason: he didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. Despite Kei's harsh delivery, one way or another, Kiri had to come to terms with the possibility that her mother might have lost her life in this coup. Noriko may not had the chance to meet his real parents, but his mentor fulfilled that role for him. Even though he was struggling so desperately, Noriko knew that his wish was just his own way of coming into terms with what might have happened to that woman. So in a way, he knew what it was like to lose one's mother.

Still there was a chance that she could interpret this the wrong way and...

"Ah Shit!"

Noriko hurried after Kiri just as Saburo had left to chase after them. With all this negativity in the air, Kiri could just as easily shut them off and they'd lose her trust and friendship completely. But worse than that, if the History books bear any truth at all, then this incident could be one of many ways that would lead Kiri to a dark path... a path that would end with history repeating itself once again. If his hunch was correct, then Cirika would die in the hands of Kiri Moriya, but both of them would suffer tragic deaths.

Noriko arrived where Kiri, Gyouko, Saburo and Runara were nd witnessed most of the proceedings. Runara's speech, as well as the (self-proclaimed) Pirate King's words of encouragement, if one could call all that stuttering as such. Fortunately, it had seemed that Runara and Saburo's support was enough to quell Kiri's emotions. if anything, it seemed to have lit a flame of conviction in her eyes. Despite her Guardian's wish for her to avoid putting herself in the middle of this conflict, Kiri was adamant in getting her approval and even resorted to a sly trick that would do any theater performer proud.

Unfortunately, her Guardian shared a similar stubbornness and was apparently not above harming her ward just to get her point across. Although Kiri's tactic seemed to have been effective at first glance, she made one critical oversight. With Gyoku in such close proximity to her, the Shadow easily incapacitated Kiri through suffocation before issuing what seemed like a challenge to the party.

In Noriko's eyes, what Gyoku did was unforgivable. Harming the person she's supposed to protect just to isolate her from a reality she must face one day... it had seemed that Kei was in the right on this one, despite the callousness of his methods.

"Harming your ward just to protect her from harm? Isn't that ironic, a bit fucked up even? That's some twisted idea of protection you have there. You weren't there when Kiri stood up to that Dragon and yet you have the nerve to trample on her bravery and strength without witnessing it firsthand? By sheltering her from pain and reality, all you're doing is delaying the inevitable and tormenting her heart and soul that longs for growth, progress, and maturity. You've disillusioned yourself from seeing how strong she has become and continue to live in that delusion that she would always need to be isolated in order to be protected. If this is how you see things then we have no choice but to break that illusion of yours!"

Noriko did not have parents. He was abandoned outside the Daimyo's homestead who secretly raised him to become one of her infamous child assassins. His childhood was not filled with laughter and joy, but instead, hardship and suffering. However, due to this harsh upbringing, he was able to learn the skills he has today. If there was one thing he learned from Celica Ikkikari it's that pain, hardship, and failure can lead to progress, growth, and maturity.

[Noriko used Blade of Still Water (Base - Force) - LV 3 ]

[Auto Success!]

With no hesitation whatsoever, the black haired swordsman swiftly closed the distance between him and the black haired guardian and quickly delivered an upward strike of his blade towards her. He managed to change the way he held his weapon however, making sure that he connected his strike using the back of his blade. After all, even if Gyoku had harmed her liege, he was certain that Kiri still cared about her and would frown upon the idea of anyone dealing life threatening damage to her guardian.

[Noriko used Blade of Flowing Water (Arkane - Force) - LV 1 ]

[Attack Success]
Whilst Gyoku was hurled defenselessly into the air, Noriko, saw it as an opportunity to deal some more damage to her. While still using the back of his blade, he jumped after Gyoku before delivering a barrage of strikes, targeting her limbs in an effort to incapacitate her as fast as possible. After all, when one loses the ability to use their hands, they also lose the ability to wield a weapon. Similarly, losing one's legs reduces one's mobility and evasiveness.

[Noriko used Secret Technique: Guillotine Stream (Mythic - Force) - Lv 1 ]

[Attack Failed]

Still adamant in continuing his assault, Noriko planned to use one of Nagareruha's secret techniques on the Guardian . However, he abandons this idea after barely making a decent landing and instead focused on distancing himself away from Gyoku.

Last edited:
Saburo
Saburo_Ico.jpg

It had taken some time for him to register what was going on. The action that Gyouko was taking to accomplish what she wanted. Horror. He could only watch in horror.

Such chaos and anger. Over things that he could never hope to understand.

His legs trembled, his feet seemed cemented to the ground. Saburo felt as he was being choked himself.

"St...p," Kiri gave one last desperate reach for life. Before falling limply on the ground.

Was she!?!..

Why hadn't he had done something. He had watched it happen. She could be....He could have....

Coward

Saburo used [Water Whip (Base - Water) - LV 3]

AUTOMATIC SUCCESS.

There was no gap between Noriko's and Saburo's attacks. Perhaps that is why Saburo managed to successfully land a lash on the shadow. His next attack however;

Saburo used Frozen Snake (Arkane - Water) - LV 1

Fail

Was not so lucky. Whiffing slightly, Saburo eyes landed on the potential corpse of Kiri. "W-w-we need to check if she's okay!"

@Ehb @Otheeeers

Last edited:
Kei Daidouji, #00FFFF
Kei_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Village Apothecary -> Maplegrounds]

Kei listened. Someone... who looked just like him? That wasn't possible. But... then again Kei really never knew where he had come from, so maybe it was like a grandfather or something? Or some weird thing with the fake ghost town. He nodded as the doctor finished his story and moved them to whatever was next.

"Yeah, I think that I'd like to-"

The sounds from outside alarmed not only Kei, but also the doctor. Scrambling outside, Kei saw Kiri being strangled by Gyoku. "What in the-"

He hardly had time to process before Kiri fell unconscious. It was bad, whatever was happening.

"And you just finished threatening me with death for raising my voice at her! I feel that there are some serious double standards here!"

Kei quickly prepared a knife and threw it at Gyoku. Wound? Kill? He wasn't sure, but others already had attacked so he attacked.

[Kei used Knife Throw Lv 3!]

[Auto-Success!]

It stuck deep into Gyoku's arm, solidly injuring the Shadow. Who was this guy that made her this crazy? How could she hurt her charge like this? She was... a monster. Was that him?

[Kei used Prison Drive lv 1!]

[Failure!]

Kei pulled out more knives but they all fell to the ground, clanking uselessly as they did. He was a monster, wasn't he? Was this his fault?

"W-w-we need to check if she's okay!"

"R-right!"
Kei said, dashing forward to check on Kiri. Was she okay? He never meant for this to happen. Was it his fault again? Did he just make another monster?

@Ehb
@Everyone

Last edited:
Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D

"St...p,"
"STPSTPSTPSTPSTP!"

Kiri's pleas for Gyoku to stop grew weaker and weaker. Slowly, but abruptly Kiri became silent. Her grip on her servant went limp.
Her master incapacitated, Gyoku set her down. Letting her sit up against the trimmed shrub Kiri had set her crossbow down on.

But, even then, it seemed like the onlookers had about enough. They began to make their first moves.

"Harming your ward just to protect her from harm? Isn't that ironic, a bit fucked up even? That's some twisted idea of protection you have there. You weren't there when Kiri stood up to that Dragon and yet you have the nerve to trample on her bravery and strength without witnessing it firsthand? By sheltering her from pain and reality, all you're doing is delaying the inevitable and tormenting her heart and soul that longs for growth, progress, and maturity. You've disillusioned yourself from seeing how strong she has become and continue to live in that delusion that she would always need to be isolated in order to be protected. If this is how you see things then we have no choice but to break that illusion of yours!"

@Accelerator

Gyoku received his words with general apathy. He sure liked to talk at great length.

"Strong she's become? I'm sure the whole evening you've spent playing hero with her has given you a betterinsight into just how strong Lady Moriya is. Better than somone whose protected her all their lives too even? Fool. Don't mock me with your ignorance."

Noriko attacked.

Rather, more pressingly, he and the cowardly boy launched their attacks. Gyoku mentally braced herself to receive those strikes. The two attacked in unison, the one lacking in brevity with his sword - the one who appeared to be dealing with his own emotional turmoil struck at her with his whip, enchanted with what seemed to be water force.

They were tough blows. But somehow also blunt. Noriko seemed to be using the blunt edge of his weapon to strike. Probably, from that speech something about honor or some nonsense. They did not incapacitate her. Not even close. But more than anything else, she felt frustrated. Being attacked like this was not her element.

Noriko and Saburo's follow-throughs were weak. Their assaults being cut short not necessarily due to Gyoku's own counter moves, but due to their ineptitude. They could not capatilize on their attacks much further.

But, after landing and recovering from being knocked skyward by Noriko, Gyoku felt a sharp item jab into her arm.

"And you just finished threatening me with death for raising my voice at her! I feel that there are some serious double standards here!
"...Ngh!"

That particular strike managed to draw blood. It had come from that same boy who had lashed out against Kiri.... and the one who looked just like Hiro.

"W-w-we need to check if she's okay!"
"R-right!"

Seeing them go after Kiri, Gyoku yanked the knife in her arm out. She wielded it and went after Kei and Saburo.
She was fast. Frighteningly fast. Despite Kei and Saburo having attacked her at a safer distance, she closed it instantly!

@Rithas

[Gyoku Used Base: Ghost Edge - LV 3!]
[Auto Sucess!]

Saburo felt the accute killing intent, even moments before Gyoku warped right in front of him. Her blade - borrowed from Kei - was poised for a slash.

With a slight movement, she slashed him across... and at the same time, at the back. He recognized that move. Tsubaha was practicing it against a fallen pillar at the shrine. And it indeed hurt to be hit with it just as badly as the eyebrows made it looked like. Moving fast enough to make two strikes seem like one. Damn, was this Gyoku actually Tsubaha or was she really just some far off relative?

[Gyoku Used Arkane: Glimmer Dragon - LV 3!]
[Auto Sucess!]

it wasn't over. Saburo slid forward partially on his face as he was struck with an additional hard hitting slash from behind that knocked him forward. The slash seem to cut the air itself. Letting out a clear and and almost ear piercing shriek.

[Gyoku Used Mythic: Dancing Blade Chaos!]
[Roll Sucessful!]

He then felt a tug at the back of his shirt.

"...No Apology! All you had to do was refrain!"

Gyoku tossed him up into the air. As he rose, she disappeared.
Airborne, the pirate king was assailed by slashes as Gyoku warped all around him. She cut him from all sides relentlessly.

"Riding Breeze. Evil Storm. Combine and destroy, Slash and Rend....!"

Mythic-Tech-Gyoku.jpg

"Dancing Blade Chaos!"

In one final warp, the shadow landed on top of Saburo. The downward momentum sent him smashing into the ground.

[Saburo was Incapacitated!]

The shadow, after doing this. Landed onto the ground, and placed herself between the party and Kiri.
With a flick off her wrist, she tossed the spent knife at Kei. The shoddy thing with a now bent blade broke apart into two pieces as was dropped onto the ground between them.

Curiously though. No blood on the blade. Was that because it was so useless?
From her obi Gyoku drew out her hidden blade. Her true primary weapon.

@Karyra

"After the unfortunate thing that's befallen your friend, you sure you should be worrying about strangers?"

Kei was forced to stop in his tracks, ad much as he'd desired to go check on Kiri.
The whole 'looking exactly like someone she once knew' thing seemed to have worn off pretty quickly. There was this distinct death glare that Gyoku was giving. Indeed those eyes told much more about her to Kei. She'd already experienced what it was like to take somone's life - to Kill.

But still, that also made him wonder too. Despite Saburo's severe pounding just now, he was still alive. If Gyoku had used that sword she was wielding just now in that attack, the 'Pirate King' would've been cut into peices. Landing with a wet flop rather than a hard crash.

Yet, this crazed shadow still chose to use that obviously useless knife.
He and the others couldn't afford to think too hard right now though.

It was obvious that something bad had clicked in Gyoku's head, and she had to be stopped.

@_Everyone

Last edited:
#99ff99
Tsubaki_Ico.jpg

Like Runara, Tsubaki mostly kept to herself, as if she was attempting to conserve energy. Although the apothecary offered a meager sum of food, Tsubaki once again stood up and bowed at him with gratitude. She also paid attention to the ...conversations that unfolded inside the apothecary's house. The argument between Kei and Kiri. The knife guy killed a noble and all he got was a 5 years worth of jail? If anything, that sentence was just too light even for Tsubaki, who accidentally did the same thing and gotten exiled from her family. As for Kiri's plight, blame not the sleepy child, but their overprotective parents and servants who gave her a golden spoon from the beginning. Back then, Tsubaki had to earn the golden spoon for herself at a young age. Fail to do so, and she will be shunned and treated as a burden for the rest of her life.

She shook her head and sighed as Kiri stormed out the room in anger. Runara and Saburo followed her afterwards. The noble once again shut her eyes, her back leaning on the wall, while trying to withstand the pain from her injuries acquired from the Swallow Beaks. She did moved a bit when the apothecary decided to treat her wounds. Once everyone was patched up, the others continued to converse with the apothecary, asking about the man named Hiro. Once he was done, the rest of the party left the house...

... Only to witness the servant choking her charge.

"..."

The apothecary frantically trying to tell Gyoku to stand down, but his words do not seem to be working as her grip becomes tighter. As for Tsubaki, her left hand was gripping her sword, as the others immediately rushed in to stop Gyoku, when Kiri lost her consciousness.

("... This world is really really gone bonkers. Psychopathic even, if you ask me. It makes us look like we're schoolchildren for a change.")

Then a chuckle within the noble's mind.

("No wonder the Demon Crown Mountain decided to erupt and tried to do us a favor by killing ourselves. Hadn't the volcano erupted, we still be having crazy stuffs like these down the streets.")

However, their attacks were not effective against Gyoku. Her heart is swelled with unbelievable awe and questions. Tsubaki could not make what she was thinking. Is she really that of a zealot to protect Kiri, let alone exposing her to the slightest of dirt? Or was it something else, mostly related to the death of her former master, Hiro? Even with Tsubaki, she could not bear herself to harm Runara when her employer decided to do something idiotic. She would just let her go there, while silently following her and save her when she truly got herself into corner. If anything, this is the most suitable way to teach adventurous folks like Runara about life lessons without letting them getting scarred too much on mental, or otherwise.

("Wow. I felt that. Looks like that crazy Shadow wench's insanity stemmed from her past with her former master. She is really insecure about her charge's safety. I understand that baggage of emotional scars when you failed to protect the ones you're tasked to do, buuuuuut that doesn't mean you can force them like that! That just plain insanity!")

Kei and Saburo decided to save Kiri. However, Gyoku dealt a punishing blow to Saburo, knocking him out from the fight. The Shadow placed herself between Kiri and the rest of the party. As for Kiri herself, it looked like her chance of survival is getting slimmer and slimmer as time passes.

At this moment, saving Kiri seemed like a lost cause. With the information that noble has garnered from the village's apothecary on Gyoku, she can attempt to talk down Gyoku. However, securing the party's survival is ultimately Tsubaki's objective.

The Shadow has to be taken down, one way or another, lest the party risk losing their progress towards their escape from Haschou, the Village of Memory. Then again, Tsubaki was glad that Tsubaha was not that uncomfortable to interact with.

It is time to put an end on this train wreck of a debacle. With a quick dash...

Tsubaki used Slash Lv3!
[Auto Success!]

Tsubaki unsheathed her sword and made a single upward diagonal slash in a single, quick motion, which landed on Gyoku's torso. With cold fury in her emerald eyes, she pressed on her attack...

Tsubaki used Pierce Lv1!
[Failed!]

A grunt of disapproval can be heard from the noble when her attack got deflected. Rather, the outcome was predicable as Gyoku's skills are on par with Cirika's. But she was not planning to give up. With a slight distance between them...

"We, as servants are supposed to stand on our Master's side, supporting them the best as we can! Not forcefully submit them to our will that we think is right!"

Tsubaki continued on, her hands still on her weapon.

"I understand that you have suffered greatly from the loss of your former master, Hiro-sama, as well as Moriya-ojousama. But this is not the right way to do it! What if you have killed Kiri just now? Are you willing to carry another guilt of having another person died under your protection, but this time, it was from your own hands!? How would Moriya-sama feel if he actually finds out what you have done!? He entrusted you the lives of his beloved family members!!"

The noble raised her voice at the end, while baring her teeth.

"I too, have failed myself... I have failed everyone... I have failed the Hanejima family. I even took my own childhood friend's life!!!"

A cracking sob escaped from Tsubaki, as tears started streaming from her emerald-colored eyes. Anger and sadness mixed at its purest form.

"I even nearly get that useless Fox Doven killing herself... for letting her participating in a free for all deathmatch tournament, when she thought that it was just a mere harmless dancing festival!!!"

Her sadness soon gave way to fury, as she wiped away her tears while referencing the Kenno Matsuri that both Runara and Tsubaki had inadvertently joined.

"Do you think you should kill or incapacitate your charge for that? Or would you stand alongside with him or her, and fight until the bitter end?"

Tsubaki took a deep breath, preparing herself for more attacks from the Shadow. All this while, she still remained up front, as if she was shielding the rest of party from Gyoku.

@Ehb
@LowDefinition

Last edited:
Runara
Runara_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Outside Village Apothecary]

Runara didn't expect the events that unfolds after this. Gyoku choking Kiri, adamant on not letting Kiri get into harm's way. Even if it means isolating her in the Manor for good...

No...

Runara have seen this before... In fact, what happened to Kiri was exactly the last straw for Runara back in her homelands. But... She didn't seem to reach for her blades as Gyoku challenged the travellers to stop her. It was wrong... Yet she just couldn't bring herself to fight Gyoku. Not because she was afraid but...

Pathetic.

What a pathetic way to protect a child. They won't grow up that way... Runara knew that for sure, as Saburo got himself struck down by Gyoku. She took a step forward, but her movement stopped as Tsubaki dashed forward to strike Gyoku. Shouting at Gyoku for her twisted ways of protecting her master, to remind her that as a servant, despite how much of a fool their master is... They have to support them at the very end. Even calling Runara useless...

Useless...

That hurts... But that's the truth, she was the one that got Tsubaki and herself into all of this mess. And she knows that very well, she's held responsible for what she did. Taking a few steps towards Kiri, she would then kneel down next to Kiri and hold her to see if she was okay.

"Useless huh..." Runara said solemnly. Tears started to flow from her eyes... "I wish I could carry on despite what everyone think of me... But I couldn't... I ran away from all my responsibilities as I got sick of people looking down on me." She sighed before looking towards Gyoku. "What you're doing right now... It's just... Wrong." She said while taking care of Kiri. "Just as wrong as those people who looked down on me... I... I'm a princess of Moonsky Kingdom. And just like Kiri, no one expected me to succeed... Childish, immature, useless, naive... All those words just fits me as much as Kiri too..." She turned her attention back at Gyoku. "But Gyoku, do you not care of your master that you just can't bear to see them grow up and learn? That's just pathetic..."

"But, I can't really say that as I ran away too, which is pathetic." Runara lowered her voice, realizing that she's also as pathetic as Gyoku is. "It is as Tsubaki said, you don't force your masters on what you think is right. You teach them, not confine them! I learned a lot more outside than just inside the confinement of the manor. As a fellow noble who were looked down upon... I won't." She glared straight at Gyoku, determination, anger, sadness mixed into one. "I won't let you harm Kiri any further just to get your point across... That's just wrong! Why would you stop a child from growing up to an adult!?" She yelled out in anger, holding Kiri in her arms.

Why, just why would Runara willingly throw her body to save Kiri? A stranger that she know not even a day ago. Only known as the daughter of the Spymaster of the ruling family of Haschou. Yet she was seen as a useless child. Not meeting their expectations... From there Runara could see a part of herself in Kiri...

@Ehb
@Miya
@_everyoneelse

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ehb and Luma
Rumiko Mitsurugi
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

"..Very well." With a vein pulsing on her forehead it seemed this world's rules were still in effect, that or the Doc was more clever than he looked, either way if she got some information, though as loath as she was to admit it, her attention span wasn't up to a history lesson.. Well she could bring in someone else. "I'm sure it's the same story as everywhere else. Power corrupts unless one is strong enough to resist that pull. Though I am curious either way."

Of course things could not be that simple, it never was, walking out after the others with the commotion breaking out, the Miko frowns heavily at what was playing out, eyebrows..or a descendant there of was running through a somewhat questionable logic. "...idiots.."

Watching as the rest had their own words and as the pirate king got taken out, Kei's attack was stopped, the Swordswoman failed part way through her attack...and the Doven was having a mental breakdown that ended up resolving into a lecture of sorts. Truthfully the Miko had stopped listening to the party some time ago, srating off with a deadpan expression, had one been paying attention they would have noticed her secretly pocketing some sort of leek like plant growing under the doctors steps before nibbling on part of it. Suddenly aware of the situation she moves forward cracking her knuckles.

"Ah yes, uh well said comrades, it would be easier if your father carried you on his back till you were an adult, but that's not how people work, I'll just knock some sense into you with my fists."

Stepping off and with her fist in full swing, or rather, plants her feet and opens up with a full on and quick exchange of blows, 6 rapid fire fists strike out.

Rumiko used HR Volley Fist! Base - Force - Lv3]
[Auto Success!]

Continuing her all too familiar and basic combo, if not the most powerful in a manner, the Shrine Priestess takes begins focusing ki into her body, radiating the blue flame aura, quickly breaking from her, Rumiko stops her assault, crouching down slightly pulling her right arm back from a sudden prayer stance, it shoots forward with a sudden surge of power..

[ Rumiko used HR Spirit Impact - Arkane - Close - Lv1]

[ Roll Success!]

Impacting with it's full force, the flatted hand connects, almost comically with the size disparity between the two, one could say it was again to a bear swatting what was in front of it. As in many times previous, Rumiko was not content with letting her opener end here. Collecting her summoned Ki, the blue flame condenses then seemingly vanishes as does the Miko, jumping backwards she's gone in a sudden blur of movement.

[ Rumiko Used HR Final Impact Mystic - Close - Lv1 ]

[ Roll Success! ]

1540415428267.png

"HOUTEN RYU FINAL IMPACT!"

Suddenly appearing a large scared fist plows directly into the stomach of Gyoku. The all too powerful and familiar shockwave enveloped the girl, air pressure traveling towards Rumiko and chiefly around and through Gyoku, it was the same as the Revenant punched long ago and the Dragon but so shortly before, the Priestess had not held back in the slightest.

"Should you really be fighting us? I kinda wanna suplex a guardsman..or four.. If you insist then I'll drop you on your head next.." Standing her ground the Miko was preparing to follow up on her threats, curiously she had not cleared the zone as in their previous battles, as if baiting the young Bushy Eyebrows into attacking her in a follow up rather than the rest, sparing not a glance at the Pirate King nor Kiri, the little eyebrows was too dangerous to risk taking her eyes off of for even an instant...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Luma
Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D

After Saburo was downed, Tsubaki moved forward for a revenge attack! Her quick and fierce slash drove for the shadow's torso. It found it's mark. Gyoku did not allow for a follow up on that hit however. Tsubaki, attempting to land another strike, was parried away by the shadow's quick reflexes.

"We, as servants are supposed to stand on our Master's side, supporting them the best as we can! Not forcefully submit them to our will that we think is right!"

"What is your point, Swordstress?!" Gyoku scoffed back as she stood at the ready against Tsubaki.

"I too, have failed myself... I have failed everyone... I have failed the Hanejima family. I even took my own childhood friend's life!!!"

Odd. There was this change in tone. Like a different person almost.
Gyoku was focused, but a little intrigued as well.

"I even nearly get that useless Fox Doven killing herself... for letting her participating in a free for all deathmatch tournament, when she thought that it was just a mere harmless dancing festival!!!"

Tsubaki was literally crying.
The story that Tsubaki relayed was sad indeed. But, it seemed more of a product of blissful ignorance than anything else. Assuming the 'fox doven' she spoke of was the half naked one standing at the rear, then didn't that mean that she managed to get her out of the situation safely?

"Do you think you should kill or incapacitate your charge for that? Or would you stand alongside with him or her, and fight until the bitter end?"

@Miya

"Don't you even try to project your own incompetency on me. Traitor Swordstress. I know what's best for my master! Do you think I've spent my life watching over Lady Moryia slacking off!? I know that whatever 'skills' she has is useless in a battle like the one she foolishly wishes to take part in!"

"Useless huh..."

The fox eared one with the tail. Gyoku had been so occupied engaging Tsubaki that the animal woman had managed to reach Kiri.
There wasn't much she could do in her situation. Gyoku was still entirely outnumbered.

"I wish I could carry on despite what everyone think of me... But I couldn't... I ran away from all my responsibilities as I got sick of people looking down on me."
"What you're doing right now... It's just... Wrong."
"Just as wrong as those people who looked down on me... I... I'm a princess of Moonsky Kingdom. And just like Kiri, no one expected me to succeed... Childish, immature, useless, naive... All those words just fits me as much as Kiri too..."
"But Gyoku, do you not care of your master that you just can't bear to see them grow up and learn? That's just pathetic..."

"A Gaijin princess of a Gaijin race has no right to judge the functions of the Sapien Race and our people. I do not expect you to understand, but if you want to tell me that I do my Master wrong because it dosen't seem pleasant to you forigners... Be Cast Unto the Neithare. You don't understand a thing about us."

Even as the others began to surround Gyoku she continued to remain unperceptive to their words... or rather, their judgements.

"You travelers certainly must come from far away if you cannot understand the workings of this valley. All you've convinced me of is your arrogance to the customs and traditions of these lands. I am not impressed by any measure."

"Ah yes, uh well said comrades, it would be easier if your father carried you on his back till you were an adult, but that's not how people work, I'll just knock some sense into you with my fists."

"What!?"

The muscled woman was such a big target. Even Gyoku couldn't understand how she got blindsided by her. Even with so many enemies she was trying to keep track of, this hulk of a woman should've been been easy to see even before they got close to land a hit.

...!

Gyoku took the brunt of the blows, but still managed to land back on her feet.
She was left gasping and wheezing for air. The blows to her stomach took the wind out of her.
Gyoku's expression remained defiant despite all this.

"Should you really be fighting us? I kinda wanna suplex a guardsman..or four.. If you insist then I'll drop you on your head next.."

@RedArmyShogun

"...I shall not stand down."

Shakily, Gyoku stood up, in a ready stance.
A line of blood ran down one of the edges of her mouth.

"...Of course I know there is no way I'm going to win. Even the most novice of shadows would know that winning this battle is impossible for me."

"But... I 'm aware of it. My Lady lives a gilded life. I know that she's practically spoiled rotten. But, did you know? Even though Lady Kiri has the softest bed that her father could find, she still opts to sleep in the finest unassuming and mundane places this village has to offer her."

"Even as the daughter of the most shadowy noble of this village, she does not fear being out with the people. For she has not experienced the terrors that lie in the real world. She can explore the world of this village with unbounded curiosity, like a child."

From her Obi, Gyoku drew out a second shortblade. She poised both of them towards her foes.

"She mustn't lose that. Until that fateful day comes when she has to grow up and face the realities of who she is. She mustn't lose that. My mission is to protect the little pieces of happiness she can find until they day she is destined to face the realities of this world... that is the promise I made to Lord Moriya and my former master,. Serve until death. That is... the honor of a Shadow!"

Gyoku charged forward!

[Gyoku used Base: Cross Claw LV 2!]
[Success!]

"Traitor Sworstress...!!"
She raised both of the blades up, and delivered powerful downward slashes on Tsubaki. Crossing her body!

[Gyoku used Arkane: Dragon Swarm LV 2!]
[Success!]

"Don't insult me with the precepts of loyalty, you damned turncoat!"
Gyoku followed up. Delivering an assault of slashes with both of her blades. A final slash, with Gyoku swinging her entire body and both blades blasted Tsubaki far back. It was a relentless assault!

With an Urkish cough. Gyoku coughed as she recovered from striking. She wiped the excess blood from the corner of her mouth.

@_Everyone

Last edited:
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

Kiri 'awoke' to find herself lying on the dining room table of her manor. It was dark, polished mahogany, so naturally it was a very exquisite bed. That didn't make it comfortable though. She got off.

Landing on the ground, it was soft and grassy. She looked down to notice the ground beneath her shoes: dirt, grass, and even a few mushrooms. She glanced up. Kiri was now in an open field, standing right in front of the dragon from befo— IN FRONT OF THE DRAGON?! She turned to run. There was a dragon there too. Everywhere she ran, every direction she tried, there was always a dragon...

Kiri backed away. She tried running backwards, but the world around her remained in place as the dragon crept forward until it towered over her. With a deep inhale, it was ready to prepare Kiri from rare to well-done when it suddenly exploded into confetti. That was what dragons exploded into, after all. Obviously.

In the beast's place stood a band of faceless heroes, standing as dramatically as possible: triangle formation, sun shining behind them, wind rustling their hair. They even came with their own music! Kiri smiled, but the sense of safety and security vanished quickly. The sky grew dark, the golden slight was replaced with hateful shadows, and where there were once heroes, now there was only a shadowy malice.

The darkness rushed forward toward Kiri, but despite bracing for it, the shadows rushed behind her. She was frozen, and the only thing she could do was stand there as the screams of Mother, Father, Gyoku, Eimi, Arara, and so many others pierced her ears. Covering her ears did nothing, and shutting her eyes had a similar futility. After what felt like an eternity, it all slowly faded away...

"Mmh..." Kiri stirred as Runara helped her up.

"...just like Kiri, no one expected me to succeed... Childish, immature, useless, naive... All those words just fits me as much as Kiri too..."

"Haaarsh..." Kiri complained quietly, rubbing her eyes for a second. Reality hadn't quite had the time to sink in yet.

"...I shall not stand down."

"...Gyoku...? Oh, Gyoku!" Kiri's memory finally snapped back all at once and she rose to her feet, taking in the awful scene as Gyoku finally explained her mission. Sprinting in-between Gyoku and the strangers, Kiri held both her arms out and shouted loud enough to reach even the Keep: "STOOOOOOP!!!"

Kiri stared at her servant with a regretful and disappointed look. She was even a little mad! "If there was ever a day where I should have to grow up, it's today! And I'm perfectly capable of finding happiness and growing up at the same time," Kiri countered! "Stop this! Everyone! They're all in danger and you're fighting over nothing!"

Wandering over to the crossbush, Kiri de-crossbow'ed it and turned towards the Maplegrounds. Quickly, she started down the road, calling out, "I'm going to help them whether you like it or not! You can return to forbidding things for me later when it's less important!"

Pausing for just a moment, Kiri turned back to the Doven of the party, holding out her hand and prompting, "Come along, Runara. We 'useless' people will take the lead."

@Ehb
@LowDefinition
@_everyone

Last edited: