Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below

Fieldset:
Aachen_Rizen_Banner_B_-_Copy.jpg

This is the In Character Thread for Kenno Matsuri.
[ (Initial Wave) Interest Thread ] - [ Out of Character / Signups ]

Previous Entries
[ Hymn of Origin ]

Fieldset:
[ Journal ] - [ Bestiary ] - [ Manual ]

Last edited:
Saburo
Saburo_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Outside Village Apothecary]

"Huh"

Saburo had the inkling to agree with the man. Turn around and walk back to that fire and have some more swallowbeak. Or go a tree. It all seemed very much more comforting then going through the hassle of this nonsense. Yet, The Pirate King felt as if he was inclined to at least attempt to use dpilomacy to get in there. He was certainly not using force anyhow. The oppertunity to ask Cirika questions by herself was too golden. Plus, if he asked a few more times then who could blame him for not actually looking over Cirika? He had tried his best afterall...

"T-that's good and all. But Kir- erm, Lady Moriya gave me specific orders to keep watch over her dear friend. I-It is a coup afterall...Usually means, well, inside men and all."
Saburo put his hands up. "If I'm here, you can't be caught off guard heh by a supposed friend backs-st-stabbing you. Making them free to harm Lady Cirikia!" Frowning for a moment, The Pirate King gestured to the crater. "Isn't that proof enough that I least mean no harm?"

Glancing around, Saburo puckered his lips. "I-I could have burst right through that door if I wanted to. Y-You and wherever the other guard is didn't even stop me from slowly dawdling up to the door. Extra..erm...mapower never hurts right?"

And if they denied him now. Well, he could just leave and eat more food, avoiding all obvious dangers. It made him wonder why he was bothering making a case for himself.
@Ehb

Kiri Moriya CC: #ffb7c5
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

[ Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / The Maplegrounds ]

"Huh...?"

Rapidly force blinking to speed up her adjustment to the brightness, Kiri frowned as she caught sight of the metal point by her face. All she could do was sit there and glare at the two traitors, trying to beam her mistrust and pain at them in spite. Their demands were met with quiet for a few short moments, before Kiri suddenly exploded into motion. In fact, the sudden burst of movement was almost as out-of-character for Kiri as crawling through a muddy tunnel. Today was crazy.

Thankfully, since neither of them thought her even capable of such movement, they were staggered just long enough for her to get a head start, and as Kiri began darting through the Maplegrounds, she was eventually lost to them altogether.

Kiri cupped her mouth with her hand, trying to quiet the intense gasping necessary from her sprint. Somewhere along the path, she'd darted underneath a bush to hide, and while the guards were nowhere to be seen, there was no telling when they'd show up. Nothing-- that was --except for the bright light of the torch in the distance meandering off to the side. What a convenient warning signal!

Rolling out from the bush as quietly as possible, Kiri slowly snuck off closer to the Keep, trying to minimize the crunch of the maple leaves lining the ground.

"Pleeeeease...! What if I... promised to sleep in my own bed for the whole week. Or... or maybe I could help Gyoku bake you a fancy food."

"I'm sorry, Lady Moriya. No, means no. No one but the ruling family and the doctor are allowed in for the time being. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be permitted if you just wait a little while."

A young, little Kiri glanced up at the guards posted by the keep entrance. The size difference was enough that if Kiri were to curl up just right, she might make a decent backpack for the larger one. It didn't stop her from voicing her complaints.

"You do this every time though," Kiri counter-argued, "Anyone can guess one of them is sick by now. Soooo... since everyone already knows, you don't need to keep us out anymore, right?"[/color]

The guards shared a synchronous sigh.

"It's a grown-up thing, Lady Moriya," one finally said. "The head family shouldn't be showing any sign of weakness. They represent all of us. Seeing one in such a vulnerable state sends a bad message."

"Vulb-- vulnerable state...?"

"Err... 'sick.' Seeing them sick."

"I just wanna visit Ciri..... ka. Cirika," Kiri finished her friend's name after a nasty, disapproving glare was shot down at her. "If she's not sick, then it's okay, right?"

He shook his head.

"Okay, I guess I can wait..." Kiri sighed,

Several minutes later, Kiri stared intently at the stone wall of the back of the keep. To the naked eye they all looked pretty much rock solid, and even looking closer it was hard to notice the few that were ever-so-slightly misaligned. For the tiny Kiri, pulling the heavy secret door open took some creativity, and even a bit of Earth force, but she managed.

"I know, I know... only use it in emergencies," Kiri answered some vague memory of Cirika.

"Sorry, Ciri..."

"...but this is important."

Kiri stared into the dusty tunnel that eventually ascended up a fight of stairs directly to-- if memory served her correctly --Cirika's room. That was assuming Cirika still slept there at all and wasn't some sleepless monster nowadays. Stealing one last, deep breath that unfortunately reeked of dried koi pond, Kiri stepped into the passageway and shut the 'door' behind her.

Last edited:
Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D
[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Maplegrounds Entrance]

@RedArmyShogun

Gyoku listened on to Rumiko's words. This beast of a person went over their supposed feats and capabilities. The only thing that genuinely got Gyoku's attention was when she demonstrated her Earth force manipulation. Saying enough with the gesture.

"I have stood on open waters and did sit ups in the snow, lived on roots and depending on the charity of others.. We were priests and exterminators."

"I can come up with a plan that involves light losses to us, but how much of the castle must stand, who is still alive or behind this? I can't make a plan from nothing, information is gold. And as I said we have our own reasoning, plus if things go wrongly, I can at least knock down most of the doors in our way. I might be a Bear, but always remember, bears often sneak up on hunters in the woods."

"Interesting tales you have I'd imagine. I'd be curious to hear of some of them if all of this ends well." The shadow said. "A bear you are. I won't argue. But taking down the castle is no easy feat. Destroying the castle in a way that you're describing will not bode well."

"I for one cannot ignore this, if I were to do so the situation would only repeat I fear.. So please at least let those of us who can help, help. If you could take that place so easily you would have already done it shorty."

"Right you are. Taking the castle with the men here is simple enough. But, the true problem lies in that we also know that the coup organizers are keeping the Daimyou and his family alive. They've been taken hostage. You can guess that the traitors would be quick to kill them before we take the castle by force.. For that reason, just knocking down the castle or storming it is not a good option."

Gyoku crossed her arms. She seemed to mentally be taking stock of the people currently available here. Would it be enough? She wondered.

"...I need you people to be a distraction. Simple as that. The shadows specialize in infiltration. I need you to feign an attack on the castle while the shadows go in to secure the Daimyou and whoever else is still loyal. In other words, decoys to divide the attention of the sentries."

In other words. To possibly get shot at, allowing for the possibility of infiltration into the castle.

"The people involved in the coup are slim in number. They can't cover the entire castle. But, if they feel threatened enough, or when it becomes apparent that their loss is impending, I worry that they'll kill the Daimyou and the people taken hostage before we have a chance to save them. That's why my plan is to use deception. Give them the impression that they're fending off our attack and compelling them to concentrate their forces on on side of the castle, allowing for infiltration on the other sides."

"What say you then?" Gyoku asked. "During the infiltration we'll open the gates to the castle. With more help, we can more quickly pacify and secure the castle. Will you help with this?"

Dissapointingly, in a way, the plan sounded a little bit like the sort of plan Gyoku was chiding Runara about just a moment ago. Just moving up to the castle. Of course, what Gyoku was suggesting wasn't exactly quite that either.

@_Everyone

Fieldset:

@Rithas

"T-that's good and all. But Kir- erm, Lady Moriya gave me specific orders to keep watch over her dear friend. I-It is a coup afterall...Usually means, well, inside men and all."
"If I'm here, you can't be caught off guard heh by a supposed friend backs-st-stabbing you. Making them free to harm Lady Cirikia!"
"Isn't that proof enough that I least mean no harm?"

"All that crater proves is that you got smashed into the ground by Hagakure."

"I-I could have burst right through that door if I wanted to. Y-You and wherever the other guard is didn't even stop me from slowly dawdling up to the door. Extra..erm...mapower never hurts right?"

"Yeah, you would've had a nice surprise in store if you did. But that's besides the point, eh?"

A little frustrated, the guard blew out of his mouth flabbily.

"I'm only going to say this nicely one more time. I'm instructed not to let any unauthorized persons in there. You can sound persuasive, I'll give you that. I sure as hell ain't gonna give an exception to some wanderer who can't even pronounce our Lady's name right!"
"Off with you now, shoo! You've already humiliated yourself enough for one day, yeah?"

Fieldset:
[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Haschou Castle, Cirika's Room]

@Luma

Kiri amazingly, eluded capture. Using Cirika's secret passage into the castle, she managed to lead herself directly into her personal quarters.
Looking around. It hadn't changed. Though, it was certainly much more well kept. It looked like a whole lot of the trinkets Cirika arranged in a sort of odd zen garden in the corner of the room was long gone. Though faint marks on the tatami mat bore evidence to it once being there.

Kiri couldn't help but imagine her younger self and Cirika falling asleep and being scolded for sleeping in a manner that was entirely unbecoming for young nobles.

The room itself was dark. There were no servants at work to light the lamps of the castle. Though Kiri could distinctly hear the sound of sentries patrolling the halls just outside. For the time being they were occupied with foes on the outside. They were unaware that the two guards on patrol had let Lady Kiri escape.

She had to be extra careful to not attract their attention.

Looking around the room for clues, Kiri noticed one of Cirika's Kimono's on the floor in a corner. Curiously, it was shuddering as if it had a life of it's own. Kiri wasn't immdiately armed by this however. She could guess the identity of what was hiding there. There was one resident in this castle who probably would go hide in his sister's room for safety after all...

"Saburo and Kiri PA-1,
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg
Saburo_Ico.jpg

Peculiar. Kiri didn’t remember how she got here, nor did she have any idea where ‘here’ even was. It was a nice structure: sturdy, ornately decorated, a cool breeze blowing through from the lack of walls. It even had a lovely bench for napping on! The only thing that would complete it would be the calm tingling sound of little bells strung up, but despite what she thought she knew of shrines, there wasn’t a single bell to be seen anywhere.

Delightful calm and beauty of the scene aside, the lack of any short-term memory was a little concerning. Kiri pondered it a moment, before it clicked: "Oooohhhh, I must be dreaming...!" It only made sense!

Kiri tried to step forward, but felt the shifting of unfamiliar fabric. Looking down, her eyes were met with an intricate blossom of frills, ribbons, and colors. She didn’t wear dresses all that often so it felt a little strange, but it wasn’t that uncomfortable. What wasuncomfortable was the lack of any pillows nearby.

Wandering to the edge of the shrine, Kiri noticed a purple-haired guy approaching. Lazily, she raised one hand up, smiled, and waved hello. Hopefully she didn’t look too crazy in this outfit...

丂卩丨尺丨ㄒ ㄥ丨几Ҝ 卂ㄒㄒ卂匚卄乇ᗪ

Hazy. It was hazy.

Who was he again?

He had been here before. Or was it that he would be here? In some time, or some realm. Memories and visions were hard to seperate.

There was a girl. A stranger, yet he knew her. Friend? Perhaps enemy. An obstacle to something.

She was waving to him. He waved back instictively.

Something inside of him was laughing.

He had walked up to her by now. He hadn't thought of what he should say. Staring at her blankly, the 'purple haired guy' remained silent.

Saburo blinked.

"You're wearing mother's dress."
He frowned. A sleepy anger arose from inside him.

"Give it baaaack~~~ It's not yours! You thief!"

As far as dream people went, this one was pretty unique. He resembled a purple-haired prince of some sort... kind of. Maybe this was a lovely romantic drea—

"W-what...!?"

...or not.

"I stole it...?! That’s horible... why would I do something like that...?" This was such a weird dream... Kiri was already a criminal! "I’ll give it back, right away...! W-wait a minute, but I’m wearing it so I have to— iiiieeeeeee....."

Kiri stood there whining, with her face scrunched up in confusion and guilt. "What a nightmare... Dream guy, what do I do to make amends for my crime...?"

Saburo stared at the girl with judgement as she spoke. A look that was only fitting to be given to her as she was a wretched thief full of trickery and lies.

Yes, truly there was no greater monster in the realms then the one standing right infront of him. The demons of the dark world would cringe in fear at the sight of Kiri. Which he someh-

He continued to waggle a finger at her as he searched for words. "Y-You. Yooooou! Yoooou PIRATE KING!" Yes, that was it. She must be the dreaded tale. It was the only explanation for this repulsive act. This pure defilation of his mother's heirloom.

"Amends?" Saburo finger stopped it's wild waggling. "Yes...amends..." Of course, the Pirate King had to pay for her crimes. For all the terrors she had commited. The worst of all being this!

Saburo gave a sleepy grin as his mind reached a well thought out conclusion. "You...You...muuust..."

Saburo stumbled sideways as a wave of tiredness hit him. "YOU MUST BAKE ME A CAKE!"

"J-just because I’m a Haschou noble, doesn’t make me a pirate king," Kiri insisted! "Unless I’m a pirate king in this place...... wouldn’t that make me a pirate queen though...?"

She didn’t have much time to ponder it.

"A... cake?" She searched her mind for the word. Cake, cake, cake... well it was something baked, that was a decent hint at least.

"Umm...." she stalled. "Okay, I actually.... have no idea what a ‘cake’ is. Is that some sort of foreign food? N-not that I don’t plan on making the apology... ‘cake’...! I just need time to figure out what it is."

Saburo casted a wary look at Kiri. "Not knowing what a Cake is. Truly the Pirate King....queen is one of true barbarism." He raised a finger in the air. "But if you must know."

Saburo voice took on a formal tone. "A cake is the embodiment of joy made into an edible food; with just a dash of lemon" He grinned for a moment, but his joy faultered as he looked around. He couldn't see a kitchen anywhere. That was a problem. She wouldn't be able to make him a cake to apologize with these surroundings.

"Stealing my mother's heirloom! Then running off to a place where you'd have an excuse not to apologize. Truly, the Pirate Queen is a crafty one!" Saburo gave a typical detective laugh.

"But don't you relax, P.Q! I'm onto you. The reperations will have to be t-tenfold now!" Yes, that only seemed fitting at this point. For trying to trick him like that.

Another wave of tiredness struck him. Which gave him another brilliant idea.

" A hundred - no....A million- no. A thousand pillows!"

Kiri's eyes widened with horror. How could he have known?! Her thousandth pillow party had been just the other month, and now this man wanted to take away this joy from this wondrous milestone that had been 12 years in the making!? All for a dress!?

"N-never," Kiri shouted defiantly! "You horrible fiend: trying to take away something so precious and irreplaceable! You should be ashamed of yourself. I officially... anti-apologize!"

Kiri attempted a sassy little hair swish. It was okay-ish, but didn't have the same effect girls with longer hair managed to get out of it. She made up for it with crossed arms.

"I think I would much rather be a pirate queen with pillows, than a normal person without pillows. So you can go ahead and think whatever you want about me."

"I knew it!" He struck his finger out at the Pirate Queen. "Saburo Shanzhai is too witty for the P.Q! Good triumphs evil!" Saburo took his turn swishing his hair. Kiri was very disappointed to see that Saburo's attempt was a lot better.

"Oh, I will~ think whatever I want about you!" Saburo smiled smugly, as he closed his eyes and turned his head to the sky.

"Like I bet you love eating stupid fish. I'm thinking that! I'm thinking that rolling around in mud is your favourite hobby! Why, I can't help but think sooooo many bad and lame things about you! Dress-stealing apologizing-faking pillow hoarder!"

The whole fish comment earned Saburo a funny look, but the mud insult seemed to hit home perfectly.

"W-well you’re...! Umm..." Kiri had to pause to consider it; a fact that bugged her even further. "A... pillow extortionist...? Yes! Framing me for crimes just to steal my most beloved treasures!"

Come to think of it, she wasn’t holding a pillow today. How strange. No wonder she felt all empty. It was then that a thought crossed her mind that couldn’t be contained...

"Say... you wouldn’t be this way just because you never had a pillow of your own, would you? If so, I suppose I could spare one..." Kiri offered. "It might make you feel less aggressive and loud."

"I am not aggressive and loud!" Saburo objected, crossing his arms so close that his hands were tucked into his pits.

If this was her way of trying to apologize to him he wasn't impressed with the effort. It felt more like an insult. Albeit, he was awfully drowzy. He could go for a nice nap.

"Perhaps a pillow could please me. But I'm not accepting any old pillow. No, I demand a pillow of the finest qualities. You're not tricking me on this!"

Kiri's face slowly grew cartoonishly smug as Saburo began to accept her offer.

"I knew it," she declared. "I knew all you needed a pillow. That longing face told me everything I needed to know."

Nodding in final agreement with Saburo's demand, Kiri pulled her personal pillow from her back. The pillow that-- according to dream-slash-anime-character logic --had been there all this time. She handed it over.

"Here, it's my special travel pillow. It pains me to part with it, but I suppose pillows always come to those who love to snuggle."

At first, Saburo took the cushion by it's corner. Initally skeptical that it wasn't trap in someway. Perhaps laced with the poison of the Dovenous Frog? Or just full on filled with knives? Nothing was too low for the girl opposite of him.

His hands slowly feeling towards the centre of the pillow. Saburo seemed to finally be sastified with the legitimacy of the pillow. Albeit, he did give her a bit of a dirty look. She had pushed the magnitude of this gesture a little too far. It wasn't the best pillow in the world. As he shamelessly cuddled it, he had to admit it wasn't bad.

Saburo gave a somewhat quizzing look to the sky as he seemed to catch a whiff of something. "Huh, it smells like maple."

Kiri watched carefully, holding her breath as the strange guy cuddled her pillow so cautiously. Finally, a smile crept across her face as he leaned into it: a smile that was obliterated as soon as he spoke.

"Oh, very funny," she spat sarcastically! "Make me feel bad, take my favorite pillow, then throw that stupid nickname at me. Fine. Enjoy the pillow, I don't care anymore. Goodbye, um... Whoeveryouare."

With another underwhelming attempt at a sassy hair swish, Kiri spun around and stalked off into the unknown.

Saburo stared at Kiri bemused as she stalked off. Something had upset her or something. He put it up to the fact that she was feeling intense guilt over the many horrible things she had done to him.

"She never gave back that dress." Saburo uttered into his newly owned cushion. Cuddling into it. He closed his eyes. He would make her give it back later. For now....for now he would sleep.

Saburo was so comfy that he didn't even realise when his surroundings began to fade away. Till eventually even himself faded into the Aether.

That was his Mother's heirloom though....

丂尸工尺丅乚工𠘨长 刀工丂丅卂匚卄乇刀.

Saburo
Saburo_Ico.jpg

"Yeah, you would've had a nice surprise in store if you did. But that's besides the point, eh?"

"W-Well that sounds overly ominous."

"Off with you now, shoo! You've already humiliated yourself enough for one day, yeah?"

Letting his head fall to the side. The Pirate King bit his lip. "A-Alright. No need to be rude about it!" Sighing to himself, Saburo rubbed the heel of his foot into the ground. "Well, I tried." His face taking one of thought for a moment. Saburo gave a faint thumbs up. "Be safe I G-guess. Try not to get Cirika killed."

Throwing the bone into a nearby bush. Saburo smiled to himself. He was going to have more delcious poutine.

@Ehb

• Spicy
Reactions: Luma
Kei Daidouji, #00FFFF
Kei_Ico.jpg

Kiri kept her word and helped them inside as well as Runara's tantrum helped them pass, after immediately going back through the tunnel. Oh well, maybe she could give them an edge somehow? He wasn't sure he could fit through that tunnel to help her anyway. So all he could do was silently wish her luck as they went through the guards. Hopefully she'd be able to find someone to help her.

Tsubaki fell asleep but the Miko had that in hand, so Kei just wandered in as he waited for Gyoku to explain the plan.

"You folk. I presume that my lady got the message and is staying back over there like a good little girl? Well, whatever. Not that any of that matters anymore."

"Well... sure."

"...So then. Any of you travelers know the art of infiltrating Castles? Or were you planning to offer to run right up and rush the gates?"

Kei had no idea how to go about this. He'd never been to this castle, never seen any part of it, and knew next to nothing bout the residents inside. New or old. The miko, however, had a plan. However, she was just as in the dark as the rest of them.

"During the infiltration we'll open the gates to the castle. With more help, we can more quickly pacify and secure the castle. Will you help with this?"

"Okay. However, you'll have to move fast. We aren't an unstoppable force and they have the greater advantage. We can hold them for a bit, but I'm not sure we can hold them off for too long. We'll be sitting ducks, which is ideal for a distraction, but not for keeping troops alive to storm in when you need them to."

He didn't have much of a better plan, and it wasn't like they could all sneak in through some secret tunnel. However, he wondered how Kiri was doing. He hoped that she was okay, because there was no guarantee of her safety. If she ran into someone, she might get hurt. Or worse. Kei had to chide himself for worrying about Kiri. She didn't care and more importantly he told her that he didn't care.

"Just tell us when."

Anzai Ikkari, #EB6B56
[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Haschou Castle, Cirika's Room]

He had no idea what was happening. The castle had been taken over by some crazy people who were holding his parent hostage, and somehow he'd managed to escape without getting hurt. Also, Cirika was off in the Maplegrounds when it happened.

He flattened himself against the floor as he heard someone enter the room. Anzai was terrified. He wasn't sure he could fend anyone off if he needed to.

Quickly, Anzai popped up and yelled, "I won't let you take me!"

Then, when he realized it was Kiri he said, "Kiri? What are you doing here? I thought that you were captured with your family."

@Luma

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Kiri Moriya CC: #ffb7c5
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

[ Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Haschou Castle - Cirika's Room ]

Whump.

"Oww..." Kiri whispered a whine, rubbing her forehead after having collided with the opposite end of the tunnel. Giving it a couple minutes to make sure no one was investigating the quiet bump, she slid the door-- a bookcase on the other end --to the side and stepped into the... dark. Still dark. Very dark. At least her eyes were sorta used to it by now.

Unsurprisingly, the room was full of memories, but it also felt wrong: as if the renovations Cirika had made were violating her nostalgia. Kiri was here on a mission! No time to get sidetracked by things like that pillow that had fallen off the bed. That pillow... which had fallen off... and clearly belonged right there next to the other one. Nope. Definitely no time for...

...okay, it would only take a few seconds.

Done... though it was really hard not to notice how her clothes weren't properly organiz--

"I won't let you take me!"

"Eep..." Kiri shrieked! She clamped her mouth as quickly as possible to mask the sound, but her voice was fairly insignificant compared with Anzai's little 'battle cry.' The tension waned a bit once she realized who it was, but now there was the lingering possibility of someone having heard them.

"I'm here to help them, of course," Kiri whispered. "I'm glad you're okay. You know about the bookshelf passage, right? You should be able to escape through there if you're careful." She squinted, trying to get a closer look at Anzai. He didn't look like he was hurt, and she was actually kinda thankful it was so hard to see. The less people to see her all muddy, the better.

"Sorry I can't come with you, Anzie. I still have to find some way to help Mother and the others." Kiri snuck over to the door, peeking out into the halls. They were so familiar, and she knew where each one led, but with all the suddenly hostile villagers roaming around, the halls had a much more ominous feeling to them. Deciding the most likely place she needed to be was the Throne Room, Kiri ran off in that direction.

@Ehb
@Karyra

Last edited:
Rumiko Mitsurugi - CC #b30000
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

The Miko sighs and shrugs at Gyoku's statements, she didn't much like the plan, but it was a plan nonetheless. "Just take whoever is suitable, hmm.. I guess I do have lots of stories, this one reminds me of one bandit camp some years ago.."

Looking at Kei he seemed at least more keen on the plan that shit did, then again she was likely going to be the first one to be shot. "Ah well, a few crossbow bolts won't kill me, though even more scars? There goes more of my chances at marrying even if I'm a pure Maiden." A half hearted attempt at humor at least as Rumiko let's out a laugh and rubs the back of her head with one hand in the almost childish nature she was given to at times.

"Bah and here I was wanting to try punching it down.. But yes we can do that I think, take whoever you want inside, I need to work on my insults anyways I guess."

Laughing heartily at that, it was unlikely Gyoku would have known all of the details on how they escaped the assassination attempt in the first place, if that idiot was on watch this time he would likely just fire on the Miko out of spite. "Though.. I'm not very good at holding back, how far can I, or we take this assault till the doors are thrown open? The trees will offer enough cover if you don't want us actually reaching the wall, this is your plan, the back up..well let's not worry about that eh?"

On the note of backups however, where in the name of the Spirits was that Kiri girl..did she seriously wander off some place to go take a nap? Where in the world was Saburo on that note... Groaning a bit she wasn't about to search for them, plus the Miko had a feeling the Doven would not be so agreeable with this plan as she and Kei were.. Just thinking about it made her wish she had her journal back to write things in..

@Ehb @Karyra ? @anyoneelse?

Runara, CC:#ffa64d
Runara_Ico.jpg

The party have finally been let through by the guards, Runara is still upset on what Gyoku did earlier. And to have her talk down on her like that would certainly make Runara lose her temper almost immediately. But it didn't happen as the hulking Miko grabbed her by her shoulders. Reminding her about Tsubaki who seems to be out of it. Handing Tsubaki over to Runara, Rumiko also gave her a pouch bag of salt. Stating that she should take care of her servant.

Realizing that, Runara looked over to Tsubaki who were set down to the ground. Sighing, she probably shouldn't lose her temper earlier. Seeing that Rumiko talked with Gyoku in a rather calm manner. If anything, more conflict wouldn't be preferrable during this time. Runara should focus on helping to stop the coup. But she is not sure if a Sapien made castle would be similar to those castles that Doven made. Gyoku suggested that they'll be a distraction while Gyoku and the other Shadows would enter the castle while their attention is distracted by the travellers. But Tsubaki have to be woken up first...

She placed her hand on Tsubaki's nose. "Sorry Tsubaki..." She said silently before pinching and pulling Tsubaki's nose. In hope to wake her up. When she wakes up, Runara would let it go almost immediately. "I'm sorry! I can't think of anything else on how to wake you up!" She said, immediately grovelling to the ground. One that would question her position of a noble being real or not. But immediately after, she rises up and point towards the Swallow Beaks cooking that is currently going on. "You must be hungry right? How about you go grab a bite? Make sure you grab some for me!" She suggested Tsubaki to get something to eat first before doing anything else.

Runara would then turn to face Gyoku. There were still some hatred in Runara's gaze towards Gyoku, but she tried to hold it back... Knowing that it won't do good.

"Alright then, before I agree to your plan on setting us to be arrow fodder... I want to ask some questions, particularly on the architecture of the castle. Surely you as a shadow for the Kingdom would know a lot about this right?" She asked confidently, although somewhat belittling on the last sentence. "So here's my question, back in my homeground, Castles would be equipped with multiple hidden escape routes. That perhaps would lead to some places around the village just in case an attack happened to the castle. To make sure the ruling nobles are safe and well, survives the assault. But that's the architecture of my kin's castles, I am not sure if this castle are equipped with such thing. If the castle does have it, it would've helped with creating a less risky path for us. So, does this castle happen to have hidden escape routes?" She asked the first question.

"In the case it does have one or more, which and which would lead to which part of the castle? Would you trust us outsiders who have nothing to do with the conflict and this village to know such escape routes? I mean, it surely would help your village better if we can resolve this problem without getting us even more harmed than after the fight with a damned dragon." She asked the second and last question, crossing her arms. She looked at Gyoku in hope that the party wouldn't be sent out as an arrow fodder. But then, she realized something...

"Oh! You know what, that reminds me... Does Kiri know about the secret passage if the castle does have such thing? You know... Maybe if she knew she'd use it so that she could pass without you noticing~" Runara remembered that ruling nobles and their vassals should know about such things as hidden passage or escape routes. Suggesting that perhaps Kiri would've used such passage if she knew about it.

@Miya
@Ehb
@_Dovenmasterrace!

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
#99ff99
Tsubaki_Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Maplegrounds Entrance]

At first, Tsubaki was awake, silently listening to the background. Unfortunately, she soon lost consciousness. By the time Rumiko decided to set her down so that Runara can feed her, she was already deep inside the dreamlands. If anything, her sleeping expression gave a slight glimpse of her somewhat innocent personality, rather than her forced stoic look and speech. After making an apology in advance, Runara pinched and pulled the noble's nose.

At first, Tsubaki lets out groan, before giving out a full blown scream at Runara.

"Nnn---aaaAAAHHHH! IT HURTS!"

The noble immediately grabbed Runara's hand in reflex, trying to get it away from her nose. Fortunately the Doven already let her nose go, and not much of a damage has been done afterwards. With a pair of weary emerald eyes, Tsubaki sat up and stared blankly at Runara, who was apologizing to her on all fours. After a blink of the eye, her employer rose up and pointed at the Swallow Beak grills that the villagers are preparing.

"You must be hungry right? How about you go grab a bite? Make sure you grab some for me!"

The white haired girl could only blink, before frowning at Runara with her mouth slightly opened in awe. Then she closed her eyes and lets out a rather exasperated sigh.

"Yes..." Tsubaki snorted afterwards, as if she was clearing any obstructions on her nose after it got pinched. "... Goshujin-sama."

She acknowledged her employer's orders, but she did not stand up when Runara returned to face Gyoku, as if she was trying to reorient herself.

("Tsu-chan, that's what you get for not getting up in time.")
("I have a feeling that this is my punishment for saying that she's useless when I was fighting that sneaky Shadow.")
("You deserved it, Tsu-chan~")

While her employer was asking about the castle's architecture to Gyoku, Tsubaki finally got on her feet.

"Excuse me..." She bowed at Kei and Rumiko, as she was excusing herself. "I'll try to get some food for both of you as well."

Her steps slightly wobbled when she passed by the previous guard checkpoint, back to where the villagers are. The Swallow Beak roasts are hard to miss, especially the obvious long queues that resulted from it. Tsubaki shook her head, thinking that this will take a while. Or maybe she can cut the queues to speed up the process.

("Either way, this will take some time. I hope that the others won't get too anxious to retake the castle... Ah, what am I saying? Of course they are anxious to retake the castle! Who knows how long the people inside will have before they get executed?!")

The noble sighed to her thoughts as the queue moved slowly. She then looked at herself, examining her stained and slightly tattered clothes. Seeing how the villagers mostly get one Swallow Beak roast, maybe she could get one for Kei and Rumiko with some clever plays on words and her looks.

After several grueling moments of waiting and arms crossing, it was finally her turn. Apparently it was a short haired young girl herding the queues and dispensing the food to the villagers. However, the silver haired girl seemed to be exuding a noble aura, judging from her militaristic outfit. If anything, this can get dicey.

Then, their eyes locked.

"Um... Excuse me..." She spoke in a weakly tone. "Can I get 4 Swallow Beak roasts?"

Tsubaki said with a desperate expression, her hands clasped together.

"I know this is might be too much, but I have 4 siblings that needs to be fed... My parents were not around anymore, and the farmlands are infested with Berserk Fangs..."

She closed her eyes.

"So please..."

@LowDefinition
@Rithas
@RedArmyShogun
@Karyra

Eimi
EImi_2_2.jpg

The Otachi noble wasn't in the greatest of moods. That thief had lost her in the crowd of hungry villagers. To take advantage of such a situation made her blood boil. All they had to do was wait, and they would get what they were due. Worse then that, they had looked better off then many of the others waiting. She wasn't sure that man even needed to do that.

She couldn't help but grumble quietly to herself once again about that whole interaction. Still, she had a duty to fufill. As she continued to organise the feast; Her amethyst eyes met with a fellow gray haired girl. Her tattered clothes gave the impression of her being a villager. But Eimi didn't get any sense of familiarity from her face.

"Can I get 4 Swallow Beak roasts?"

Eimi frowned slightly. "I'm sorry, but the-"

"I know this is might be too much, but I have 4 siblings that needs to be fed... My parents were not around anymore, and the farmlands are infested with Berserk Fangs..."

"..."

Watching the girl plead infront of her. The Noble felt a pang of sympathy. Such was the sorry state of things since the Berserk Fangs had gotten bold. They should have been going out to exterimate the monsters insead of having to deal with this!

"Again, I'm sorry for your misfortune. But order must be kept to prevent unrest and unintential harm. As has been stated. A roast will only be given out per person to prevent shortages. Wait in line for your turn. Patience, please. It'll come to you before you know it!" Eimi gave a tired smile, faultered by the fact she knew how little that helped. Tsubaki got the sense that the noble had given it to many this evening.

Staring at Tsubaki for a moment longer, Eimi eyes sharpened slightly. "Where are you and your siblings located now? Perhaps I can make arrangements for you after this. Ms...?"

@Miya

Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D

"Okay. However, you'll have to move fast. We aren't an unstoppable force and they have the greater advantage. We can hold them for a bit, but I'm not sure we can hold them off for too long. We'll be sitting ducks, which is ideal for a distraction, but not for keeping troops alive to storm in when you need them to."

"I'm aware of that. There are trees in the maplegrounds that'll give some cover. It is for that reason that we want the diversionary force to draw their attention to this gate where we're staging as most of the trees lie in this side of the castle. But yes, the danger of getting shot is still there."

"Just tell us when."

The shadow nodded to him. Rumiko then spoke up.

@RedArmyShogun

"Ah well, a few crossbow bolts won't kill me, though even more scars? There goes more of my chances at marrying even if I'm a pure Maiden."

Gyoku smirked along with Rumiko laughing at their own jest.

"Bah and here I was wanting to try punching it down.. But yes we can do that I think, take whoever you want inside, I need to work on my insults anyways I guess."
"Though.. I'm not very good at holding back, how far can I, or we take this assault till the doors are thrown open? The trees will offer enough cover if you don't want us actually reaching the wall, this is your plan, the back up..well let's not worry about that eh?"

"...Use the trees and keep your distance, if you keep around ninety Shaku from the castle they likley won't bother wasting arrows. l. But let me go ahead and say this: There are lamps on the corners of the keep that are only ever lit for harvest festivals. The infiltration team will have one of them lit to indicate that we're in the castle. You can take that as a signal to commence trying to break into the castle."

Gyoku them motioned her hand towards the silouette of the keep in the distance. Indeed, against the bright moonlit sky, one with good eyes could make out that there were lamps hanging from the corners of the keep's tiered roofs.

"If the defending force is faced with an attack from within and outside, then they'll likely be overwhelmed before they can mount any sort of counterattack. The guards here will also make an attempt to storm the castle, though myself and the infiltration team aim to take control of the keep's doors before they storm the keep."

Next, the Doven. Still showing a look of sourness from earlier.

"Alright then, before I agree to your plan on setting us to be arrow fodder... I want to ask some questions, particularly on the architecture of the castle. Surely you as a shadow for the Kingdom would know a lot about this right?"

Gyoku faced the Doven. She responded plainly.

"Would make sense."

"So here's my question, back in my homeground, Castles would be equipped with multiple hidden escape routes. That perhaps would lead to some places around the village just in case an attack happened to the castle. To make sure the ruling nobles are safe and well, survives the assault. But that's the architecture of my kin's castles, I am not sure if this castle are equipped with such thing. If the castle does have it, it would've helped with creating a less risky path for us. So, does this castle happen to have hidden escape routes?"

"Indeed, a distinct possibility."

Gyoku responded back in a completely unhelpful manner.

"In the case it does have one or more, which and which would lead to which part of the castle? Would you trust us outsiders who have nothing to do with the conflict and this village to know such escape routes? I mean, it surely would help your village better if we can resolve this problem without getting us even more harmed than after the fight with a damned dragon."

"That likley would not be good."

The shadow's expression remained unmoved.

"Oh! You know what, that reminds me... Does Kiri know about the secret passage if the castle does have such thing? You know... Maybe if she knew she'd use it so that she could pass without you noticing~"

The corner of Gyoku's lip twitched. A small squib on her otherwise impartial an hollow reception of Runara's words.

"My only answer is this: Will you still help reguardless?"

The nerve of this shadow.
Gyoku seemed tight lipped about revealing much. Thinking about it, there was a possibility that those very same secret entryways were the ones that shadows would use to get into the castle. It was safer to not reveal anything. Especially to someone who was still mostly a complete stranger.

Therefore, Gyoku's only logical answer was to just ask if Runara would choose to help or stay back out of danger.

@LowDefinition
@_Everyone(?)

• Spicy
Runara_Ico.jpg

Well, that was certainly a helpful answer from Gyoku.

"Huh, very helpful." Runara said with disinterest on Gyoku's answer. She looked around, and noticing that Saburo is missing, she wondered where he went off to, but more importantly, where's Kiri?

"Eh? I don't see Kiri anywhere around here, if she's doing what you told to she should probably still be around here sleeping no?" Runara said mockingly, such a nerve she had... To answer a sincere attempt on getting a better way to help with such unhelpful manner. If she played that way, fine, so be it. Runara just have to show that such unhelpfulness would go nowhere.

"But to answer your question... Maybe?" Runara played around, she was eager to help, but she had to feign uncertainty and disinterest in helping. So what, Gyoku does it first. It's only fair if she return fire. "Let's just say I want to help, then what? You expect me to be an arrow fodder after almost becoming a dragon snack? Pfft, there's no one, at least, not one as sane as I am that would do such thing." She just had to mock Gyoku's plan on using the travellers to be a bait even more.

"I mean what? I'd help, but there's like some better ways to help that don't involve being an arrow fodder. I don't know really... It's like you shadows are not even trained to do things efficiently." Continuing along with her mockery, she made a mocking smile towards Gyoku.

"I'm not asking any things that would be too complicated did I? I mean, I know that distraction plan would work but, you know... there are better plans. I'm not going to agree on that plan, so talk to me when you have a better plan than this stupid plan. In the meantime, I won't allow any of my vassals to help going with this stupid plan." She even went on to play it as if she have the command over the group, as she is... according to this world is a noble merchant who had a group of mercenary working under her.

@Ehb
@_letspourallthesalt

Kei Daidouji, #00FFFF
Kei_Ico.jpg

Kei listened quietly to the questions asked by the others. What was the sign? Were there secret entrances? Probably, considering Kiri disappeared down one. Gyoku's answers were short, all things considered. He was expecting more of an explanation, but he wasn't surprised at the same time.

"My only answer is this: Will you still help regardless?"

"I'm still here, aren't I?" Kei said.

"I'm not asking any things that would be too complicated did I? I mean, I know that distraction plan would work but, you know... there are better plans. I'm not going to agree on that plan, so talk to me when you have a better plan than this stupid plan. In the meantime, I won't allow any of my vassals to help going with this stupid plan."

"I'm not asking any things that would be too complicated did I? I mean, I know that distraction plan would work but, you know... there are better plans. I'm not going to agree on that plan, so talk to me when you have a better plan than this stupid plan. In the meantime, I won't allow any of my vassals to help going with this stupid plan."

For real?

"... Runara, would you want complete strangers who were accused of theft earlier today to know all the secret entrances to your Doven castle?" Kei asked. "I'm gonna save us an hour as you think about it and just say no you don't. We're fodder, Runara. As much as you're not used to that sort of thing, it's not my first rodeo. Unless you have a better plan that doesn't involve forcing Gyoku to trust us -which, spoiler alert she is not- there is no alternate plan. We don't know the castle. We don't know an entrance that is unguarded, and we don't know what is happening inside besides chaos."

Kei's voice was even and factual. Gyoku wasn't going to give them any information. As he looked at Runara, he realized that Tsubaki was off somewhere. She had said something about food? Kei had to admit that he didn't really listen to that woman half as well as he should have. However, she seemed to be stalled and stuck trying to get food from some guard.

"Hold on, Tsubaki is being held up by a guard. Probably some noble girl from how she holds herself."

Kei then wandered towards the situation, barely catching something about siblings. He quickly adjusted himself, and looking like a battered farmer was a little easy. He still hadn't slept and felt like garbage. Did sleep carry through on restarts? Either way, he hadn't slept in Kiri's house the first time and it was starting to all blur together.

"Baki... Rumiko and Runara were wondering how you were doing. We know it's a lot to ask for, but I told you can can just give someone my swallow beak instead. We only need three, so maybe that'll help." Kei shifted back and forth on his feet as though he was uncertain. He fidgeted like he was nervous. "M-maybe we can even split one so we could whittle it down to two? We should be okay with that... but I think that Runara might start crying if we don't feed her soon... I'm really worried about her. She hasn't eaten in so long and we don't have much else to give her..."

Kei seemed like a different person. Somebody more nervous, more hungry. A little desperate, maybe. Hopefully Tsubaki would catch on. The key to lying was a huge infusion of half-truths. Still... Kei only knew that there were siblings. His best guess was that the four of them needed food, and that she'd said that she needed four swallow beaks. Still, begging for the darned things he'd killed and been promised was humiliating.

"So, I hope you can please spare at least two or three swallow beaks? We don't have any idea when we'll be eating next, and with all these monsters nearby, I'm worried that something else bad will happen."

@Ehb
@Rithas
@Miya
@LowDefinition

#99ff99
Tsubaki_Ico.jpg

The one responsible for distributing the Swallow Beaks sympathized with Tsubaki's words, but she remained firm that only one can get a single serving. Tsubaki held her head down, low enough for her bangs to cover her eyes. If anything, she was gotten too ahead of herself.

"Where are you and your siblings located now? Perhaps I can make arrangements for you after this. Ms...?"

"It's okay..." She replied in a low tone. "I'll just take one and---"

"Baki... Rumiko and Runara were wondering how you were doing. We know it's a lot to ask for, but I told you can can just give someone my swallow beak instead. We only need three, so maybe that'll help."

Tsubaki immediately lifted her head and turned towards the unexpected voice coming beside her. With her widened eyes, she looked at Kei, feeling completely surprised by his sudden appearance. By logic, he should not be here. Of all people, why him? Kei is the last person that Tsubaki would expect appearing here, considering his notions of hating nobles, and Tsubaki happened to be a noble. Not to mention he actually played into her rather harmless lies.

"M-maybe we can even split one so we could whittle it down to two? We should be okay with that... but I think that Runara might start crying if we don't feed her soon... I'm really worried about her. She hasn't eaten in so long and we don't have much else to give her..."

Tsubaki could only blink at Kei as he continued on.

"So, I hope you can please spare at least two or three swallow beaks? We don't have any idea when we'll be eating next, and with all these monsters nearby, I'm worried that something else bad will happen."

("Hoo boy, look at him go! You should feel terribly ashamed for him to help you!")

While still feeling shocked, Tsubaki managed to muster a response.

"K-K-Kei! You shouldn't be here! You're barely got well from your illness!" She blinked, before turning to the military girl. "U-um, I think we'll settle with 2 Swallow Beaks! If you can give us an extra, that would be nice too! But no worries! The others need it too right?"

Her heart was beating wildly when she spoke. All she wants right now is to get away from here, as far as possible.

@Karyra
@Rithas

Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D

"Hold on, Tsubaki is being held up by a guard. Probably some noble girl from how she holds herself."

Gyoku watched as Kei moved back to retrieve their companion waiting back in the food line. She turned to look at Runara.

"Help us if you want. I've already said what help I need. If that's not good enough for you then fine, I wasn't expecting any additional help to begin with."

The shadow's ultimatum was short and simple. Appropriate for a Doven noble of like-mind.

Ultimately, the plan was set into motion.
As planned, the travelers took cover in the trees. Drawing the attention of the coup's warriors. This drew a few stray and bolts their way. But, none of them managed to find their mark. As Gyoku had mentioned, the Coup members seemed hesitant to waste their ammunition. Especially with the trees obstructing their view.

Shortly thereafter, the signs of a struggle in the castle began. Soon after, one of the ceremonial lanterns lit up.
The loyalists to Daimyou Ikkikari began to storm the castle in force.

[Collab - Haschou Castle - Luma & Ehb]
(Considered a Collab since it's otherwise Ehb and Luma spamposting.)

Kiri Moriya stalked the darkened halls of Haschou castle. Due to the coup, almost all light was shut out, as those involved in the coup wished to keep the castle in the door, or were simply unable to. Regardless, this atmosphere made it possible for the young noble to sneak about. Her goal was simple - find her mother as well as the others whom had been taken captive.

Most of the guards were looking outside, towards the town guard who were massing. They presumably were planning to take the castle back by force. Kiri did have the option to sit it out - but her desire to find her mother was greater.

By sheer good fortune, and due to the lack of men patrolling the halls, Kiri came upon the throne room.

Unlike the other parts of the castle, it was lit up. There were several individuals inside.
She could make out silhouettes through the paper walls. Men with weapons. And a woman... no, it was Kiri's mother!
Even by just her shadow Kiri could make out her mother's form. It was unmistakable.
"I see. Very well."
"Aye. We'll see to it."

She was so close. But at the same time... she was completely helpless.
She didn't have the travelers with her to beat down the men with weapons inside. If she attacked... the whole castle would find out.

The door to the throne room opened.
And out went the men, they bowed and closed the door behind them.
They departed. In the direction of the castle ramparts to join the others, or resume a patrol of sorts.

"...."
"What am I going to do...? Oh, Kiriha..."

Kiri's mother lamented from within the room.
She was alive!

Kiri followed the rough walls with her fingers out of necessity. The keep was never a friendly place, but it had hever felt this spooky either. Sure, the dark was actually helping her to hide from the real monsters, but she was still stumbling around through pitch-black hallways. It was unnerving.

When she finally came across the throne room, her face lit up, metaphorically speaking, upon noticing the familiar silhouette of her mother. It had to be, right?! Long hair, on the short-ish side, curved just so, and more especially that scarf. Not many people from Haschou had those strange, foreign neck-clothing, so it was kinda a dead giveaway.

Taking a minute to consider what the room on the other side of the paper contained, she couldn’t believe her good fortune when they just wandered away. Kiri was even more astonished when her mother called her name. Not being fluent in despair-speak, she naturally assumed...

"Y-you noticed me...?!" Kiri spoke in a hushed voice through the paper wall. "I thought I was hidden in the darkness... actually, never mind that. Mother, are you okay? Can you stand?"

"Eh...? Kiriha? Kiriha, is that you?"

Kiri's mother spoke her daughter's name, tension seeming to release from her voice.

Kiri's mother went out into the hall. Draped in the longer Kimono, Kiri was enveloped by her mother's sleeves as she was embraced...

"Oh my goodness. Kiri! I was so worried about you...!?"

Almost embraced.

She immediately noticed the state of Kiri - still showing clear evidence appearing to be the aftermath of having been dragged through the mud.

"You're.... so filthy, Kiriha!? What did they do to you? You're almost caked in mud!"

In classic noble fashion, Lady Moriya Senior reached out for her daughter, but hesitated seeming like she was fearful of the mud itself.

She eventually overcame herself. Cautiously picking off a twig that had married itself to Kiri's outfit.

"The Villagers. They didn't hurt you did they?"

"N-no, Mother, don’t...!" For a moment, Kiri was almost as worried about her mother touching the mud as she was. Thankfully, the warning wasn’t even necessary. "I’m okay... sort of, but Mother, we have to go, quickly," she rushed, stepping back a few times to point towards the hall she’d entered by. "They could come back any moment."

"Kiriha... the coup is an... adult matter and something you should not worry over. But this... filth. Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful!"

Lady Moriya, slowly seemed to be getting engrossed in taking bits off of Kiri. She was even able to manage swiping away at the top of Kiri's head. Though she shook her hand off like a cat that touched water afterward.

"There is nothing to worry about. Kiriha. We are in the safety of the castle. Soon, Father will come back with his reinforcements and make everything better."

Kiri's mother looked very strung out. Yes, unlike Kiri, Lady Moriya was more akin to a classic noble. Keeping confined to their own mansion.

Lady Moriya did hail from the more grandiose court in Senka. She was inherently used Tousawa high society in a way that Kiri had a hard time understanding, as the Lord Ikkikari's court was humble in comparison.

In a way, Kiri felt like her mother couldn't grasp... or rather was actively blind to the situation at hand.

Yes.. all of this was a hundred ways messed up. Just yesterday things were just normal. Normal enough to sleep through an entire day and see nothing change. But this coup, everything, was becoming too much.

Her mother was probably focusing on Kiriha not only out of concern for her, but also to take her mind off of what was happening.

"Kiriha. Please be a good girl and come get changed. We're going to wait until father arrives to break the seige. So let's wait for him, okay?"

"It really is dreadful," Kiri murmured in agreement. "So... you’re not in danger...?" Kiri wasn’t sure whether she was more relieved or confused. "But I... you were..."

She paused. Kiri seemed like she really wanted to take her mother up on that change-of-clothes offer, to the point where she was visibly shaking from trying to hold her position. For a moment, she even threw her mother a puppy-dog look.

"But what about Ciri, and Gyouku, and Anzai. Are they safe too? Mother, aren’t you worried about them?

"Of course I'm worried about them. Of course..."

Lady Moriya said as her voice trailed off. Like she was conflicted.

"Kiriha. Come. Let's get you out of those at least."

There was not so much Lady Moriya could do without servants, or a wardrobe. She removed a couple layers of her robes and draped them over her daughter. Reusing Kiri's soiled obi, she tied the robes together.

No amount of refolding or careful dressing could make up for the fact that her Kiriha was so small. Lady Moriya's robes were more draped over Kiri as opposed to her really wearing them.

Now in the throne room, sitting opposite from one another, Lady Moriya wiped off her daughter's face and with her scarf, now relegated to being a cleaning cloth.

It was about there when Lady Moriya began to speak again.

"Kiriha. Do you remember the stories? About where mother hailed from? It was a tribe to the South. Satsuma province. There, big, big palaces where all the princesses lived was as normal as having a servant. It was very nuanced. Every little thing you did. The princes were not even allowed to look upon our faces, so we would communicate who we were just by the clothing we wore. Our sleeves particularly."

Lady Moriya put her hand to her daughters cheek. Using her fingers she combed out the sticks and leaves out of Kiri's hair with her fingers.

"Hey, Did you know? If Mother had been married to another person. You would have been a princess just like Cirika is. Ah, but over there you'd probably live about the same way. There are so many princesses that... sleeping all day wouldn't even really matter to anyone."

Taking out another leaf. She set it down neatly in a pile beside them.

"Yes. There were so many princesses that it was easy to marry one off to another tribe in order to ensure peace. Mother had yo move from a big palace to all the way out here to be wed to your father. But, it was okay. That saved the lives of many soldiers and peasants since they wouldn't have to fight in a war any longer."

Letting go of Kiri. Lady Moriya set her hands in her lap.

"Hey, Kiriha. Suppose you could become a princess? You could become one like Cirika. You'd even be able to see the pretty gardens in Senka Palace. Does that not sound nice, Kiriha?"

Kiri couldn't resist it. Seeing her mother here, perfectly safe and unharmed, she just felt like an absolute idiot who'd rolled around in the mud for nothing. It was humiliating... but not much more than it was relieving; and so, she was easily pulled right in to the grooming session.

Kiri remained seated on a small wooden chair that clearly looked out of place in the fancy, regal room full of nice fabrics and grandeur thrones. As her mother went on about her years that Kiri herself barely even remembered, Kiri remained quiet, still lost in thought.

The combing of her mother's fingers was nice, it felt great to finally have her face wiped clean, and to be out of those dirty clothes, even if they felt baggy. However, Kiri was still shell-shocked, and it was pretty easy to tell just by looking at her.

'I think we might be happier if no one was a princess...' Kiri thought to herself, but she shut down the idea before it could form words. And really, maybe if both her and Cirika were the same, there wouldn't be this strange gap between them. Food for thought, at least.

"That sounds nice," she answered simply, before realizing her mother likely expected more than just an 'okay.' "All your stories made Senka's Palance sound like such a beautiful place. There's probably a lot of great spots to rest, right?"

Kiri turned around a moment to look at her mother before returning to staring down at the floor. "But I guess that's not how it happens. People don't just become princesses later, right? And I wasn't born one, so..." Kiri trailed off back into silence.

Lady Moriya seem pleased to reminisce about where she'd come from.

"Sure. Indeed that's certainly now how it is supposed work." Agreed Lady Moriya. "But, you remember the fable of Lord Buno, right? He was a commoner who did great deeds, and through cunning and willpower he became the Lord of what's now Buno Domain. A great person in their own right."

"So, it's not like it has never happened before."

Lady Moriya, catching herself, raised her hand - rather, her sleeve over her mouth.

"Hey, Kiriha. You know, Mother loves you dearly, right? You. Father. All I wish in the world is for you to find happiness. You know that more than anything else for that to be true, right?"

Kiri deflated a bit as her mother brought up Lord Buno's 'cunning and willpower.' Right now, she was feeling like one of the top ten idiots in all of Haschou, having freaked out over nothing. Ironic, considering the story was meant to have the opposite effect on her.

"Huh...?" Kiri spun around again, this time holding her gaze there. "Of course, but... I am happy. Or... well..." she tried tapping a bit of dirt off her shoe. "Today's not been the best day, but yes, I'm already happy. I just..."

Peering off to the side, then back to the ground again, Kiri finished her thought, "...wish my friends could share it with me. Why would you ask me this though?"

Lady Moriya leaned forward. Speaking in the tenderest of tones.

"Then, what about if you became a princess just like how Lord Buno became a lord? You could become one, just Like Cirika is. Or rather, the two of you would end up switching places. She might even become your vassal if all went well."

"Wouldn't that be nice? Princess of Haschou Province. A Princess of Senka just like you were supposed be."Lady Moriya smiled warmly.

This was a joke, right? Did this mean that Mother was the one responsible for the coup? Now that Kiri thought about it. The guards had let mother reside here in the throne room, not under guard.

Additionally, there was no traces of the other nobles, like Cirika's parents. Right now, she and mother were sitting here in this throne room like usurpers typically would.

Kiri felt a pain in her heart. It was instructing her to do something terrible. It tugged at her, like a doll who was having it's strings be pulled to act a certain way. But, the words of the travelers was holding her from completely having faith in following that desire.

"You see...some of you here in the not so distant future are responsible for some pretty significant things..bad things. So bad in fact our nation is lost and some of you are buried on Shang Land.."

That was her?"

"...Madam Kiri. There's a chance we won't save the future. Even if we do succeed. And if we lose to the wolves again... just know that us becoming heroes might not happen... okay?"

Was that her?

"I-I mean, if we did do this. If, cause we are a...fair and equal group. Perhaps this would convince you to look at us in a better light, hmm? C-Covers can be deceiving, so I heard."

Then... this entire time they...

"You said some people here did something awful... and you’re trying to stop them? I assume you mean the Pilgrimage coming up soon? What happened? We could just go and arrest them right now... after finding some evidence of course."

She winced at her own words.

Haschou being completely destroyed.

A grim and terrible future where she had betrayed Cirika and everyone... was that really what was supposed happen?

"And it's not that I think like your father... I don't spend my time daydreaming. I'd rather know a hard truth, than a pretty lie."

Did she actually do that in the future that they said they came from?

"...Kiriha? Do you understand? Mother wants you to become a princess. So..."

"Switching... places...?" Kiri echoed the thought nearly as grimly as it was echoing in her head, interrupting her mother. "Switching places... with Ciri..." she repeated lifelessly, sliding forward off the chair awkwardly until she was curled up on the ground in a shivering heap of oversized cloth.

A part of her wanted to accept. To live a cushy life of pillows and sleepovers with friends every day. Maybe even to be taken seriously.

An equal part of her wanted things to remain the same.

A part of her wanted to embrace her mother. To follow the woman who, at least partially, had raised her for her entire life and loved her.

An equal part of her wanted to push her away and hope she’d return to normal after she realized how crazy she was acting.

Kiri’s head was perfectly healthy, but inside, her mind was being ripped to pieces by a horrible choice with no right decision. Everything she knew about the world, about her family; it was all suddenly collapsing here and now.

"I.... I.... Iiieee..." the words slurred into a squeaky burst of tears. A few moments later she tried again, "Y-y-you.... y-youwa... m-m-me.... a-and... I..." she wept, still unable to chain even two cohesive words together.

"Kiriha!? Oh my... Kiriha! Are you-!?"

Lady Moriya reached down, pulling up her daughter, she let her rest her head on her shoulders as she embraced her.

"I know. I know... this is all a lot to take in, right? But, worry not. Everyone here is working hard so that things will work out."

"With Haschou under our rule, no one will have to be hungry anymore, or afraid of the animals outside of town anymore. Yes... we'll be able to bring peace to the land by uniting all of the tribes."

She explained as she stroked Kiri's hair.

"All this nonsense about a Pilgrimage saving the world. It's going to take something greater than wishes and superstitions to make everyone happy. Yes. What we're doing is right, Kiriha. Once father comes back. Once Haschou is under our control. We can start looking forward to the future where everyone's happy and content."

Mother's words were so sure. Kiri could feel that she had complete faith in whatever plan that this coup seemed to be entailing.

But. Kiri could only think about how Cirika would react.

She knew in her heart that Cirika and her family... and the people of the village that believed in them would not accept any of this. They would fight. They would fight even if they ended up dying.

Kiri could imagine Cirika facing a death volley of arrows in a last stand.

But was this what she really wanted?
Her friendship with Cirika that was a phantom of what it once was. The sleepy and cozy village that was slowly starving away due to the troubles that she chose to mostly ignore.

Was this what it meant to make adult decisions?
Choosing to throw away things you cared about in order for a greater good to happen?

Mother's embrace was warm. Kiri hadn't been held like this since she was a child, but it felt so comfortable. She started to feel sleepy....

Kiri could hear a distinct thwack, and the sound of a dog whimpering as it ran away.

She opened her eyes.

Standing before her, a girl with pretty white hair, wielding a training sword. She was just a kid, but she had such a proud air about her. Kiri could catch sight of the dog that was about to bit into her scurrying off around a corner.

The girl turned around to face Kiri. There were clearly scratch marks on her face. She was bleeding, likely from the tussle with the dog.

"Hey ...Heeey!"

This girl had just saved her.
Kiri had stuck out of the manor like she always did - against Gyoku's and her Father's orders. It was a miracle that the one time she actually got into trouble that another kid was there to save her.

But, it surprised her that it was another girl. She was swinging around that training sword as good as any of the village boys when they dueled with a stick.

No... that wasn't even explaining it properly. This girl actually knew how to use it. She was on a completely different level from the other self proclaimed Sword Attendants. Kiri, even without any training, could see it clearly.

"You know... you're always sneaking out of your house towards this direction. But, that's a bad idea. One of the town's people who keeps his dogs lives near here, and when one of them escapes they often go down this way."

The mystery girl sounded well versed.

"You should be grateful that I saved your butt. Girl of the Moriya house."

Rude!
Her savior swung her bokken over her shoulder. She posed like a bandit. She wiped the blood from her cheek and... rubbed it off into the dirt in a rather dirty fashion. That would've given mother a heart attack.

"We haven't met before right? I'm Ciri. You? I know you're a Moriya, but what's your Given Name?"

Kiri's eyes wandered over to the necklace dangling around 'Ciri's' neck. It had the Mon that was splayed at the village gates and around the Daimyou's Castle.

Did that mean that she was like, a servant from there or something?

Deep down, Kiri knew this was where it had all began. But, even knowing that, her heart yearned to play it just as she did originally. She could relive that first summer all over again. When she first met Cirika and became her friend.

"Ciri...? That’s just like my hame...! I’m Kiri," she chimed in childish wonder. In one, short tussle, the girl had managed to become something of a role model.

Stepping forward, Kiri suddenly wrapped her arms around this new person, squeezing her tight. In a way, it was Kiri’s go-to method of things like ‘thank you,’ ‘sorry,’ ‘congratulations,’ ‘I just want a hug.’ Basically, she did it a lot. This time, however, it was clearly a thank you hug.

"That was so scary I thought I was going to die..." Kiri choked, shaking her head clear. She wasn’t going to cry! "Sorry... Mother always tells me to stay home all day, but there’s so many new places and people out here, and almost nothing in the manor."

Kiri finally let go, lamenting the loss of such a comfy shoulder. This girl really appreciated some nice, soft fabrics.

"Um... Ciri? If you’re not busy, you could come and take a nap with me. I think I found the best ones in all of Haschou. The ones with a nice, quiet rustling of leaves, or where the sun hits you just right so it’s nice and warm. I’m a nap spot connis— ... cone sooooo— ...connn...." Kiri fumbled, trying to figure out the complicated word she’d only ever heard a couple times in passing. "Appreciater," she finally finished.

"Appreciater huh? I didn't that naps could be so nuanced."

Cirika smiled as she posed inquisitively after hearing Kiris words.

"So you're sneaking out of your house in order to take a nap. So... i guess you really are a rare creature, like the other kids said."

However she nods to herself.

"Normally I'd be sneaking out of my house in order to not have to take a nap. But, subverting that might give an interesting insight. Very well! I would totally be delighted to take up that offer!"

Ciri gestured her arm out enthusiastically..

"So then. Where is it?"

]"Subbert..." Kiri repeated the strange word in confusion. "Well, it's all around us. Like Otomei-san's roof over there... or the hay bales in the stable; those're comfy when they're clean. But today I have a guest, so I have to show you the best spot...!"

Kiri took Ciri's hand and lead her off to the Maplegrounds. It was that perfect time in the spring, when the leaves were fresh, the canopy above was green, and the breeze was just the right temperature. There, she pointed enthusiastically to the bench nearby, promptly curling up on top.

"Mmnn, it's the perfect spot. Comfy and peaceful." A few moments later and it almost looked like Kiri was half-asleep on the bench, perfectly content.

Unbeknownst to Kiri, her new companion's face grew a little bit more concerned as they came closer and closer to the special napping spot that Kiri had described. Certainly enough, it was at the gardens at the maple grounds.

"You know..." Ciri said as Kiri curled up on the bench to sleep. "You don't know but I just tried to escape from here. So..."

Ultimately Ciri gave up. Finding whatever she was going to say to ultimately be pointless. She resingned herself. Sitting in the open spot by where this strange noble was curled up.

"...You're right. It does feel kind of nice here. Funny I never noticed it before."

What followed was a pleasant summer. Napping. Exploring. Playing with the others. Due to the amount of time Kiri spent napping she didn't always have first hand memories of it all. But she could remember, many times where Ciri would find her sleeping wherever she had ended up that day. She'd talk about the adventures of that day to her.

Unassuming and regular things that kids would find fascinating. Finding a frog underneath the bridge. Finding a hidden passageway tucked under the house. Sneaking into the store-rooms or even making it out into the city walls to explore the farmland. It made Kiri feel like she was always with the other kids even if she wasn't.

That pleasant routine continued through their childhood, until one day...

It was the coming of age ceremony for the child of Lord Ikkikari. Of course, by now, Kiri already knew it was none other than Ciri.

She didn't like this memory.
Yes, Ciri hadn't shown up around town as much as she used. She was tending to her younger brother, and apparently her training and studies were starting to become more intensive. But, today she was supposed officially be allowed to go see everyone. That mean all of that was over, right?

Standing next to her parents, Kiri saw her friend approach.
But, she had a different aura about her. It wasn't as warm. Her face was super serious.

"Good Afternoon. I am Cirika Ikkikari. It's a pleasure to meet you."

What?

"Thank you for attending my ceremony."

Kiri felt her shoulder pushed down by her mother to bow along side her parents.
As she straightened back up, she looked into Cirika's eyes for an answer. Why so cold?

"....Lady Moriya. Is there something I might help with?"

This girl didn't sound like Ciri at all. Weren't they supposed be fiends? Why did Ciri go back to family names like they were strangers again?

"Ciri...?" Kiri stared back with a longing look in her eye, ignoring the horrible glares she was receiving from her parents. "Is it over now? Do you have time for us again...?"

She waited silently, barely even breathing. The world had just felt that much more empty without Cirika there retelling all the adventures of the day that she'd supposedly been right there for. Being a part of those adventures sounded dreadful, but being a part of them through Cirika was a wonderful way to enjoy them without the mess. She missed it, and she wanted it back more than anything.

"Ah, yes. Lady Cirika, thank you for taking care of our Kiriha. We're sorry for the trouble she's caused you all this time."

Kiri's mother apologized.

Cirika shakes her head.

"Think nothing of it. It's the duty of the Daimyou's Family to look over the village."

Duty...?
No. Cirika was lying. All that time, those years... that wasn't something that was done out of duty!

"...Lady Moriya." Cirika began. "It was very pleasant to spend time with you. But, to put it simply... I can't affort to just play around anymore like I used. I just grew up is all. It's something all of us have to do..."

"Well said Lady Cirika!" Kiri's mother agreed. "Anyway, Lady Cirika, if you may excuse us. Lord Moriya and I need to speak with your father on a matter."

Kiri's parents excused themselves. But, Kiri did not follow. Instead, her attention remained locked on Cirika. Maybe... now that they were gone, she'd lighten up... and...

"How should I explain this, Lady Moriya..."
"I've run out of time to spend time playing.So, I don't think we'll really see each other that much anymore after this."

"I'm really glad I met you. I felt like I could try really hard because of you. Because I wanted to have something really cool to tell you. But... I simply don't have time for such ventures any longer. So..."

Cirika's words were cold.
Kiri couldn't even believe Cirika could say something that cold before. And... was she trying to say goodbye here? Like this would be the last time they'd ever even talk?

"N-no... why..." Kiri choked, her eyes slowly growing moist? "Is that all our friendship was to you...? A venture...?" Her voice and expression were both unbearably upset.

"That can't be true...! You looked so happy back then; so much more relaxed. Are you telling me that growing up means you can never relax with a friend ever again...?! You have to know that's not true...!"

Kiri stood up, pointing to the corner of the adjacent room where a mound of pillows were stacked up into a fortress. "Look, I finally did it...! I finally collected enough to make a little house out of pillows, just like I always wanted. It's so comfy inside too."

Kiri leaned forward, taking Cirika's hands in her own and staring right into her soul. "You'll join me, right Ciri...? Come in and tell me all about the adventures I've missed...?"

Cirika was amazed. She didn't think Kiri would go as far as tk bring that many pillows all the way to the keep. Or rather, that she'd ask her servants to do something so monumental.

Indeed, Kiri wasnt half hearted about how she felt. And it was for that reason that she had to answer her honestly.

"That's an impressive fortification... of pillows, Kiri."

Ciri smiled weakly. Her pleasant expression melted away into a more stoic one.

"I really wish I had more time to play again. But, that's not something I can do anymore. I just don't have the time to anymore is all."

"There's a whole lot of things I need to do, Kiri. So... we can't. Not anymore."

"..."

There was a long, quiet pause as Kiri's hopeful enthusiasm was thoroughly demolished.

"You have... time to eat... don't you? You have time to eat... and time to sleep... and time to do your hair. You have time for all that, but none for friends? Or is it that I'm just too childish for you...?"

Kiri stood, circling behind Cirika without looking in her direction.

"I wish you weren't an Ikkikari... or that we were sisters... or... something..."

Shedding a quick tear, Kiri ran off into her pillow fortress, closing the pillow door behind her and retreating into the solitude.

Tsubaha(?) - #FF4D4D
[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Haschou Castle, Gate]

Rumiko Mitsurugi surprised the guards at the gate as she literally smashed through them like some sort of human battering ram. The other guards came streaming in after them, engaging the soldiers surrounding her.

As soldiers began to push in, the party was soon able to reunite with Gyoku, as well as the other shadows that had taken control over this entrance.

"...Well. That is a gate that'll need to be replaced during the repairs." She said in a regrettable tone. " That aside, the other shadows are sweeping the castle for any survivors. Lady Cirika... shall we sweep further into the castle?"

From the shadows, Cirika stepped forward. She was about as bandaged as before. Her face indicated that she was hardened to the pain. Pushing on despite whatever she was feeling.

"Yes. Please do that."

@Karyra

Trailing behind her was a young boy with white hair, much like hers. He was a little ashamed to be hiding behind his sister for cover, despite the injuries she was already bearing.

Cirika, who was supposed be resting back at the apothecary's home, greeted the party.

"I'm pleased to hear that you've decided to assist us. I take that none of you are hurt?"

@_Everyone

Last edited:
Runara_Ico.jpg

Really? Did Kei just took that ungrateful brat of a shadow's side? Runara wonders if he realized that they're already a hero for helping to stock food for the village for quite a while. She was about to answer Kei's question but he just cuts her off before she would say anything. Even after Kei left to help Tsubaki gather food, Gyoku just have the nerve to refuse her help.

"Fine, he have a point, go ahead with this stupid plan. You'll just regret it later anyways." Runara shrugged, glancing at Rumiko on mentioning the regret part. Ultimately, she took part in that distraction plan. Although not really helping as she would just stay behind one tree until Rumiko crashed the gate and destroyed it.

Runara walked lazily approaching the gate, looking at the damage caused by Rumiko at the gate's structure. She laughed a bit as she approaches Gyoku. "This is another exact reason why it's a stupid plan. I mean really, do you not see how huge she is? But I guess a gate this easily broken into should not cost much anyway~" Runara gloated even though she don't help much in the plan itself.

She was about to continue on but then Cirika appeared, despite having bandages covering her body. Behind her was a boy, who seemed to be a sibling of Cirika. She had a hunch that Cirika would use some sort of secret passage. All the nobles should have that. Really, what a dumb shadow.

"You should've worry about yourself and not us." Runara responded to Cirika, she then glanced at the boy who hides behind Cirika. "If anything, you two are the main targets of the coup no?" Runara walked towards the Castle. "I did say I'll help anyway, just not with this stupid siege plan on making us arrow fodder and let that hulk over there destroy the gate." She laughed a bit, although she went serious once again and turned to Gyoku. "Hey, one more thing I'd ask, no more questions after this... But, to whom are you loyal to? Is it to the Ikkikari or to their vassal? If it's not to the Ikkikari then say the coup was the idea of a vassal of the Ikkikari family that you swore loyalty to... Would break that oath?" Her face didn't show any intention of berating Gyoku. It was purely her curiosity, a rather dangerous one at that.

@Ehb
@_Ihelpedk

Eimi
EImi_2_2.jpg

A blue-haired boy showed up. From his words, Eimi clued in that he must have been one of those siblings that this girl was talking about. Another unfamilar face. He looked roughed up. But it still looked off. Often the villagers, despite the wear and tear they went through. Tried to present themselves as well as they could in front of nobles. Turning to their best angles, and hiding holes in the cloth. This felt like the opposite. Perhaps she was imagining things. That thief had gotten to her.

"Baki... Rumiko and Runara were wondering how you were doing." Eimi's eyes sharpened. "We know it's a lot to ask for, but I told you can can just give someone my swallow beak instead. We only need three, so maybe that'll help."
"U-um, I think we'll settle with 2 Swallow Beaks! If you can give us an extra, that would be nice too! But no worries! The others need it too right?"

Eimi clasped her gloved hands in thought. "Oh dear. I transpose...." Picking up two swallows. Seeming unfased by touch meals straight out of a fire. Eimi looked between the two. "Here is the most I can offer. I'm already bending the rules enough as it is." The duo stood there awkwardly, waiting for the Noble to actually hand the meals out.

"Runara...It's a nice name. Doven, isn't it?" Eimi smiled daintily at the two for a passing second. The fire crackling behind her.

It came across Kei and Tsubaki that at this point the Noble would have gotten the news about travelers that had caused a ruckus in the market.

"So I've read in the castle's library. Your parents had wide taste for peasents."

Twisting the skewers in her hand, Eimi sighed. "These villagers...yourselves included." There was that dainty smile again. "Depend on these meals for survival. As you've said, the times have been tough.

She jutted the shallowbeaks out. "My apologies. It is my duty as a lady of the Otachi family to upstain justice. There was a Magenta-haired thief earlier. The scum taking what wasn't his while I was distracted had gotten me in a rather foul mood. Still, here is your rations." Eimi tilted her head to the side.

"Take it, will you not?"

test
@Miya
@Karyra

Last edited:
Rumiko Mitsurugi - CC #b30000
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

"HAHAHA! NO MERE GATE WILL STOP ME!" Getting a bit carried away with her diversion task once the signal was given. Before the infiltration team could even open the Gate, the Miko rammed it at speed and power, breaking her way through the wooden construct, reinforcements that were with them came rushing in behind Rumiko, engaging the Coup forces in close combat. Moving forward to join up with the rest she was left rather untouched by the ordeal. Hearing Gyoku remark on her entry, the Miko pulls a shy girls "tee-hee" sort of expression but mostly just blew it all off.

"Okay! Where to now, shorty!?"

Before any sort of response could be given however a Mummy had arrived, or rather just Cirika. "Well I'm not going to ask why you are here, just take it easy, and no more than you are at least." She says in response to the question of if they were hurt, while the Miko may or may not have show her body was surprisingly durable to crossbow bolts, that didn't matter they were inside.

Now all that mattered was saving the hostages so they might could get some answers or find the source of the distortion.

"Anyways we-" And that's when the Doven Princess showed herself, she was indeed in a foul mood. Though her words and opinions were all but ignored and her servant as it were didn't play much of a role in the events either way, though she herself hadn't followed the plan all that well by breaking through the gate and some of the men on the other side. Slightly bored by the conversation Rumiko shrugs slightly before taking on a deadpan expression, starting to wander deeper into the halls she pauses briefly in a side passage, still within earshot of the others if only just in their field of vision.

(@Ehb @anyone else who has anything to say to the Miko)

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Haschou Castle, Interior]

With Coup forces running wild and the younger Mitsurugi being sidelined and keeping with the servants to a side room, the sound of battle could be heard, raging throughout the halls as the gate came crashing down and then of all things, of all unexpected things, a large rather tall and well built woman that struck the fear of the gods into him came through the door.

Her eyes widening Rumiko was legitimately surprised, she had entered this room on a whim to escape the blathering's of the Doven who was upset with the plan, taking her own little break from the battle.

"YOU!? HOWW?!" Raising her fist and rushing forward, the tale from three years ago would have to have a conclusion.

@EmperorsChosen

Last edited:
Kuroi Mitsurugi - CC #404e66
KuroiIco.jpg
Almost Three Years Ago

Gritting her teeth with a hostile gaze a woman in Priestess Robes stands before a Bandit camp, or what was left of it at least, fire still raging, some people still screaming. Rumiko had a duty towards the Kousen Sect and towards the Survivors from their far off homeland, as life was hard out here was no excuse for their crimes, banditry, robbery, slavery and even worse. But even so it was a challenge keeping her emotions in check, there would be no going back from this, for the leader of this Tribe was none other than her Father.

Or at least the man who was her birth parent, she was given up to the temple long ago.. While she missioned around the mountain tribes in their new homeland, borrowed from Shang, there wasn't much of a family connection, though that didn't mean she was ignorant of them or they of her.

Writing something down in her journal, the Miko walks forward among the flames, radiating blue Aura, killing any who dared approach with steel in hand. Be it out of mercy or as they were in the way, until she finally reached her main target, a man with dark brown hair, large as a mountain with a scar across his face and a big bushy beard and a younger more timid looking male at his side...

"Will you renounce your crimes and return home?"

"It's survival of the Fittest darling I mean to feed mine, plus with your size and scar collection I'm sure you eat a lot."

"You have stole and trampled upon the lives of the helpless and caused great pain, you crossed the line in surviving."

"And you set a bunch of ours on fire and tore your way through more.. Say, Why not join Papa, your strong, better than your brother even when it comes to slitting folks, we could easily take the family and become the Lords."

"... So you will not renounce the Evil in your Heart. Your Corruption is absolute.. There is no more need for words Genza Mitsurugi, you are Guilty in the eyes of the Kami, your Sentence is Death!"

"Heh.. Come on Kuroi, time to earn your keep, runt." Hefting a Warhammer into his hands the bearded man doesn't seem in the least bit apprehensive in taking down the large fighter before him as he nudges the smaller swordsman with a stern shove from his free hand.

Wiping sweat from his brow, a young boy hardly older than fifteen drug along a cart littered with a famland's various yields. Two others with weapons drawn walked alongside the transport, paying little heed to the struggle of the much smaller, thinner teenager.

"Can't... I get some help here?" The boy questioned to his two accomplices.

The two adults in question glanced back at the kid with more annoyance at him speaking up than compassion at him dragging the wagon by himself.

"You know why we have to be on guard, don't you runt? You're the weakest one here, Kuroi, that's why you're pushing the cart and we're guarding it," A disheveled man with dirty-blond hair replied, as if stating something completely obvious.

Letting out a sigh, Kuroi continued with the haul as the two went back to chatting. Sadly, the last few raids had been like this, him only being brought along to do the grunt work since he was smaller than everyone else. Thanks to some crazy person ambushing their routes within the last month or so, they had the perfect excuse to skip out on the work, too. Usually, it was just that, an excuse. This time, however, as they grew closer to their home, the smell and sight of smoke could be witnessed. Not the light aroma signifying a camp, however, no. This one was raging, threatening to overtake everything surrounding it.

Kuroi knew this smell, this sight. They had been cause for it more than enough times by now, albeit on lands not their own. This was far too close to their home to mean anything good, however, and upon taking note, wasted little time in dropping the haul and sprinting in the direction of the smoke.

Arriving at the camp, it was set ablaze, littered with so many bodies, bodies of his own people, that the combined stench and sight almost brought him to hurl. He was no stranger to blades and blunt objects, sometimes some idiot would try to play the hero and Kuroi took no pleasure in what happened to him next. This was something much more sinister, however. Beaten and broken, some with injuries no normal weapon should be capable of. Holes, as if the body had been impaled. Monstrous, was all he could come to describe it as.

Shaking from his unease, he ran until he could find his father, being fortunate enough that the man was alive. However, when he questioned what was happening, the man didn't respond, nor did he need to, as a woman approached and answered for him with her presence.

She radiated a strange aura, one of power. She killed so many people. What was he supposed to do against that? They were family, maybe... maybe she would stop?

Kuroi's mind ran wild. He could be seen as a coward even when in what would be described as normal combat. This, this woman didn't appear as his sister, but a monster.

Being prodded forward by his father, Kuroi shakily drew a blade, entering in an amateurish ready stance. Unlike Genza, who seemed almost nonchalant at the current situation, Kuroi was terrified.

And when nudged forward and forced to draw his blade, that was all he could do; play the part of someone ready to do battle while his muscles froze him in place.

"..." Reaching into her robes with one hand the woman grabs a fox eared mask as her eyes seem to flash a hint of red, not the normal color but that associated with a glow.

Approaching forward, the large Miko glowers at the smaller male before her, back handing him a bandaged bloodied, blood that did not seem to be all or even mostly her own at that, connects with his sword.

Using pure raw strength she parry's him back, knocking him into a pile of crates as if disinterested in him for the moment.

"Wait your turn..he goes first. Such a Coward Genza..sending your own son to die and buy you time..you won't be escaping."

"Heh. Well it was worth a shot, but can you really kill your father?"

Saying nothing the woman takes up a fighting stance to answer, thrusting for him. Swinging his hammer with full force Genzo throws a satchel of sand into the air with a flick of his wrist trying to blind her. As the clunk of Metal reaches her chest, a look of Victory flashed into the mans eyes, quickly draining away as a single hand laid atop the hammer head just pushing her back as her free right hand unleashes a sudden swift punch, her aura briefly vanishing and collecting into her body.

"FINAL IMPACT!"

As wind sweeps from her body and around the man, debris are scattered about. Falling to his knees the man spits up a fountain of blood as the sickening crunching of bones could be heard. A Thunderstorm rolls in seemingly instantly save for a single beam of moonlight striking the woman as the fires begin to die out. Turning her attention towards the interloper from before, he was the last she needed to judge..

Frozen in place, the hold fear took on the boy's body only broke when the woman before him smashed through his guard. He wasn't particularly big, or strong, or trained, but still. Being swatted away with such ease was a shock, just as much the pain from crashing into a pile of old crates; the difference strength tremendous.

Looking upwards, he took some solace in the fact that his father would perhaps be a greater match. Yet, that too was hope quickly quelled.

She caught the hammer, as if it was a branch, then with a single hit dispatched the bandit. The sound that followed was sickening, but for once, that wasn't Kuroi's focus. The relationship the two had could only be described as estranged at best.

Yet still, that was his father—His father... that she...

In a moment of bloodlust, suddenly all pain and fear the boy felt disappeared. In that moment, Kuroi gripped his sword and charged at the perpetrator, the cause of all this, and with a rough swing of his blade cut the mask upon her face, narrowly missing a counter as he stumbled to the ground.

Looking up with an expression of rage, Kuroi's body was once again overtaken with fear at the face of his sister. It was a horribly cold and distant look, something that shook him. In that moment, he could only stir his body to do two things.

"G-GET AWAY FROM ME... YOU DEMON!" He cried, scrambling to claw his way back to his feet and run. The woman appeared to take pause for whatever reason, not that he noticed. He just ran, mumbling and rambling for anyone to save him, his mother, his sisters, God, his mother again; anyone to save him from the monster he just saw.

Watching the sudden attack, the boy, her brother was rather fast, surprisingly so... But not fast enough.. Rearing her arm back and unleashing a single punch she would brutally destroy him, it was the only way.

But then she missed.. "...demon..?" Watching him run off, Rumiko catches her reflection in a pool of water from the ongoing rain, as a flash of lightning makes the effect even more so.

"..Father, I am sorry.. May the Kami give you rest.. I did what had to be done. Even so.." Closing the man's eyes she doesn't give chase of her brother as she sits under a small tent top, writing in her journal with speed and purpose.

Soon night became day and days became weeks, weeks became months and things, well things would change.

Years later...

A sword flew, seemingly almost carried by the air itself, and embedded itself in the neck of a rabbit. Approaching the stricken creature, the boy, now a couple years older, grasps it before yanking the sword out. Kuroi had made his home in near solitude in some forest in Shang territory. He was no longer a highwayman, more out of fear of that demonic gaze still clear in his mind.

He spent much time after that day still shaken at what had happened. Kuroi hadn't returned to see his other family, not with that woman still about. Instead, he remained hidden away in the forestry where none could harm him, surviving off the environment. He wasn't a hunter or trapper, but having been incentivised to train, he found some talent in the element of wind, using that to aid in his weaknesses. He was ashamed of what had happened that day, of his fear, his weakness—it irritated the older adolescent. So, he vowed not to feel that way again and bettered himself. Never again would he be the weak, scrawny child to be culled whenever those stronger wished. Never again would he be at the mercy of a demon.

Still, it wasn't as if Kuroi wanted this kind of life. Honestly, he wished to do something, get rich, live comfortably, but that wasn't so simple a task. At least, he didn't think so until one day.

Passing by a road, one day he noticed a flier for the Festival of Swords, a tournament glorified as being able to grant a wish to the victor. Kuroi wasn't a fighter, in fact, he loathed it. However, he was tired of just surviving. He was tired of living alone and in fear. No longer.

As Kuroi would learn about the Festival of Swords he would have to venture from the woods learning more and more as he went along until he reached a Shang trade city and would be encourageby local guards and Tousawa(n? nese?) Refugees who had came to live in the settlement to report to the checkpoint office if he were truly interested.

Upon asking his name at a checkpoint a sleepy and bored looking guard who had an arm in a medical sling with medical patching wrapped around his face suddenly chirped up.

"Please say that name again.. Mitsurugi? Please wait here." Leaving the man here, the guard quickly returns, bringing a notice and sending the boy to the Governor's mansion, which was seemingly having a couple interior walls replaced in a hurry. The notice in question was an invitation which cleared the way to a Shang official in overflowing robes with a long twin mustache that dropped to meet with his beard, his clothing and size clearly spoke of wealth if not much else.

"Oh-ho, Kuroi Mitsurugi is it, I heard you have an interest in the Festival of swords, how well provisioned are you, or how skilled? I would like to see Men of Tousawa such as yourself performing before his Imperial Majesty.. but no offense my dear man, you seem to be a bumpkin lost to the woods.. Also would you happen to have any family?"

When he returned to civilization, or what counted for it, Kuroi predicted numerable hoops to jump through and nuisances to deal with. However, being called up to the Governor's mansion was something out of his forethought. At first, when the guard seemed knowledgeable about his name, he feared the reputation of his father preceded him, which would undoubtedly cause trouble. However, something gave him the impression that that wasn't it, going by what the noble said.

"Bumpkin in the woods, maybe... Not lost," Kuroi responded with a blank tone, wary of the man before him. "I wouldn't address them with such an endearing term. Might I ask why some people here have such an interest in the name of a forest bumpkin?"

This situation was somewhat antagonizing to say the least. The man before him held much more authority than his own. If his father's clan had wronged him back when they were active, it could spell trouble. Best to distance himself from them.

"Ohoho, Mitsurugi is a good name is all. In fact we had a Priestess that was here not long ago that helped exposing some problems here on behalf of the masses. Hmm.. I like the cut of your Jib and I trust that sword is not for show."

As if reaching a snap decision the portly man reaches for a seal, stamping a sheet of paper. "You men of Tousawa aren't much used to Shang Civilization, this is a pass, you should find no problem in reaching the interior.. Provided you can pass the Guard Captain's Test, don't worry it shall be nonlethal, I just cannot have you running off and dying with my seal you see."

"Ah as to why I am doing this, one kind deed deserves another, plus it could not hurt me if you mentioned to other officials the magnanimity of his Imperial Servant Governor Xia Chi'ange... Now if you will excuse me, I have very important work to do."

Waiting for the boy to take his que to leave, the Govenor would have a bit of a talk with the Miko ending his conversation in the City prison with a;

"Oh come now, I'm betting very heavily on you to be among the winners, you'll make me more than you pitiful barbarians ever did from taxes. I'll give the taxes back even, plus, that Mitsurugi name..

Hmm Kuroi wasn't it? Well Priestess I'm sure we see eye to eye on your need to carry out justice."

Eyes opening slightly at the mention of the priestess, it had to be her, though whether she had actually done the man a favor and he sought to repay it through him, or simply wanted to use him as bait, he didn't know. Either way, this meant that the adolescent should expect to see his dear sister in the near future.

His expression tensing slightly, Kuroi took the pass. If they did meet—well, he wasn't as weak nor as cowardly as before. He wouldn't fall prey to that demon.

"If that's what you want, sure..." Kuroi wasn't all too sure of magnanimity, but the man gave him a pass. If all he wanted was to let people know he gave a forest bumpkin like him a pass, it was an easy deal. Plus, the test with the guards would give him a chance to test his new skills on actual opponents.

Nodding, he took his leave from the mansion, passing through the guard's so-called test. Whatever they were expecting of him, it appeared they weren't prepared for his elemental control. It wasn't godlike or anything, but the boy was right in being prideful of his abilities, at least a little bit. Next, and hopefully last, was the tournament.
The festival had gone less than favorably for Kuroi, as nothing seemed to go according to plan nor as he expected. Chased down by some crossbowmen, of whom he was sure were uninvited, he was forced into some graveyard and overtaken by a strange light.

He was transported, or at least that's how it felt. He found himself in some sort of castle, seen as some low-rank guard or something of the sort. Most of its inhabitants practically ignored him and went about their routine, whomever they were. Despite questions, despite statements, despite actions, they continued as if puppets being strung along.

When the sound of battle aired, the servants retreated to a side section of the castle and he, who did not owe any loyalty to any of these strange characters and had no interest of dying with these people. So, he stuck himself inside the room, waiting for the siege to end and the castle's ownership to solidify. Unfortunately, when he heard a ruckus growing ever closer to his room, he expected it to be the victors of either side and not—her.

Sitting on one of the rooms tables, elbow resting on thigh and chin in turn resting in palm, Kuroi began a yawn when the demon burst through, causing the inflow of air to halt and his eyes to stare ahead as if witnessing something alien. However, the woman gave little time for him to register what was occurring and charged at him.

"...What a massive pain...!"

Clicking his tongue, Kuroi gripped his blade, preparing for the worst. His sister was still as fast as he remembered, but he had improved much since then. By all means, he couldn't beat her in a bout of strength, but the wind could help even the odds.

Warping the wind into his palm, Kuroi would play the evasion game before thrusting forward with his palm, aiming for her abdomen. Muscle or not, the concentrated gust of wind would pack all the punch he needed.

@RedArmyShogun

The shuffling of feet and the utterances of goodbyes signalled the confrontation to come. Yes, his greatest fear had come true. He knew it would happen, but it didn't make this part any better.

He had reached the front of the line.

"G-Greetings." He nudged the bag of rice resting next to his feet. Shooting a small smile at the shopkeeper, Saburo tugged at his sleeves. "I was wondering, if perhaps....w-well. I'm rather short on coin right now. And really...I don't think th-this rice is worth this much...."

A few sighs could be heard behind him. Other villagers wanting to purchase goods who had gotten the sense that this would take a while.

She was a light in the darkness.
A diamond among a pile of trash.
A beauty among the ugly.

The mere fact this living Legend graced a backwater village such as this one should have been reason enough for the populace to bow before her. For she, was the greatest.

Yet, the pink-haired woman found it in her big heart to forgive them. Maybe because they were simple fools, ignorant of their own stupidity. Or, MAYBE, because her heart went doki doki?

For a second, she wondered. Was it fate? For a moment, she pondered. A mere coincidence? Until, promptly, she came to a conclusion.

"The power of love..." She whispered with flushed cheeks, holding tightly onto her chest.

"Saburo..." His name as sweet as a chocolate chip cookie.

"Saburo..." She threw a few sheepish glances at the man at the rice seller.

"Saburo..." The girl repeated a third time. Her voice firmer, before shaking her head and giving a strong nod. "The. Power. of. LOVE!" Determination in her voice. "You all shall see..." She whispered, taking one step after another, closer to the line, until...

"MAKE SPACE!" The greatest of Pirate King's could hear a voice from further behind the line. A simple woman was pushed aside.

"Oy girl, get in li-" A man flew a few meters away, kicked by a skull crested leather boot.

"Mommy, this woman scares me!" A mother, protecting her child, served as a stepping stone for a certain Ocean Princess to soar into the sky.

"OOF!" And the person directly behind Saburo was put to the ground, abused as a landing place, as instead a weirdly clothed girl now stood there. On her back an over-sized axe.

"Dynamic Entrance..." She murmured. Her deep, pink, eyes locking onto his. Shifting her stance, the girl stretched out her arm, pointing a finger at him.

"SABURO SHANZHAI, LET'S MARRY!"

A Declaration of Love.

Placing each coin down on the stall individually. Saburo slowly counted out his total change. Perhaps in some sort of futile attempt to convince the seller that the coinage he did had really was enough if you were to feel favourable that day.

There was a noise behind, probably some sort of disgruntled patron getting wound up by how long he was taking. "S-Sorry...." He mumbled to himself, trying to block out any time of grievances behind him. It was making it hard to count. The sooner he could get this done, the sooner he could stop being a nuisance to everyone.

"Theeere....enougH ri-eeeiight?" Looking up, Saburo felt panic strike his chest as he saw the face of the stall-keeper. It was certainly not one of pleasentness. Shrinking into himself, Saburo readied himself to grovel and beg. It was then he noticed the important detail that the shopkeeper wasn't looking at him.

"Uhm...."

Not being able to see something in the corner of his eye. Saburo let himself turn around.

There, standing in front of him. Was a girl taken straight out of a children's book. She was pointing at him, staring straight at him with some sort of expectancy.

He glanced behind him to see if she meant to be pointing at the shopkeeper. Perhaps she was just a very impatient patron. But at this point the keeper had shuffled off to the side to get something. And the girl's finger had not moved.

"...Huh."

His almost empty expression on the situation revealed something.

Whether the Princess realised it or not, Saburo had completely missed her 'Dynamic Entrance'.

What was even more graceless about the situation was the fact that she had been standing there in that pose for an eternity of a few seconds before he turned around.

Not wanting to meet her eyes for too long. Saburo looked behind her to see carnage.

The room seemed very quiet all of a sudden.

Saburo gave a clueless if somewhat worried smile. "Can I help you?"

The Ocean Princess took one step back as she slowly retracted her pointy finger and arm. "Of course..." She whispered to herself with a hunch of defeat. "The greatest of men wouldn't be so easily swayed... he's truly the one."

"SABURO!" She called out once again full of gusto. Her finger, pointy once more. "The King of all Pirates. Conqueror of the Jade Sea. Slayer of Gods. Monarch of the Waters. Mighty Shark of the Infinite Deep. The greatest pirate that ever walked this earth: SABURO SHANZHAI." In fact, the girl even did a small, courteous bow.

"I have travelled far and wide to find you, and now, we are finally united." The people around them looked in shock. While some seemed confused, even more in pure terror. The name, Saburo Shanzhai, was feared far and wide after all.

"I AM your future wife, Ocean Princess Bubblegum!" She explained.

Leaning further back as the girl rattled on. Saburo kept the continual smile you keep when you're faced with a person who was far off the deep end.

He didn't know whether to go pale with fear or red with embarrassment. He could feel the eyes of terror on them from the crowd of patrons. Saburo shifted nervously; This must be some sort of practical joke. His brothers must have hired an actress to make a fool of him once again.

That's what he wanted to believe. But there was a certain Arua off this 'Bubblegum' that betrayed the notion. Plus, this entire character was almost too cartoonish to be thought of.

Somewhere behind Saburo, The shopkeeper sorted lazily through many large blunt objects.

"I'm f-flattered, I think. But I think you have me mixed up. I-I mean, I am Saburo Shanzhai." There was a collective gasp from the crowd. "B-But all those titles and er.." Saburo coughed quietly. "Your hand in ma-marriage. Is meant fo-"

A large bar missed Saburo's head by an inch. Piercing a rice bag by him. Grains pouring out as the sack sagged.

The Rice seller roared. "GEEEET OOOOUT YOOOU CRIMINAL SCUM!"

Saburo couldn't seem to take his eyes off the metal bar. "I needed that rice."

"So humble..." The girl seemed in awe as the great Pirate King denied his titles.
"So dignified..." The girl kyaaaa'd internally as the great Pirate King declined her marriage.
"So kind..." The girl's legs grew weaker as he simply walked out after the rice sellers threats.

"I, Ocean Princess Bubblegum, am positively full of positivism! He's the one." Taking a deep breath, she followed.

"SABURO!" The pink-hair locked her arm with his, displaying a level of strength that seemed unnatural for her frame. "The rumours don't do you any justice!" Bubblegum said, cuddling herself against the greatest of people. "You're even awesomer in person! We're made for each other. You know! I, Bubblegum, am the BESTEST Ocean Princess! You and me. Together. We'll conquer the seas."

Clearing her throat, the girl now seemed nearly heartbroken for a second as she went on. "Of course... a man as great as you might not have even heard of me BUT! you know what they say." Before regaining her gusto with a wink of the eye.

"The greatest criminals are those that are never caught!"

He nudged his arms gently a few times. Futile. There was no escape from this girl's deathlock on his limb. Saburo kept the terrified smile going. Upsetting someone like this was going to end up with him being called One-Armed Saburo.

"A-Are we now..." Saburo sniffed, for someone who called themselves the Ocean Princess. She smelled nothing like the sickening smells of the ocean. More like Roses. Of a beautiful garden that Saburo could vividly image.

This would have been pleasant for him if he did not fear for his near future at the current moment.

Scratching his brain, Saburo searched for ideas to lower this girl's enthusiasm.

She's been saying a lot of nice things about this Pirate guy. A Pirate King couldn't be that nice.

Not that he knew who the hell this girl was talking about.

"Y-You don't understand. I-I've done terrible things. Raided the Sliver mountains. Burned the Dewdrop villages. Taken many...erm, p-princesses hostage! My deeds would turn your blood to ice. I c-could a tale unfold whose lightest word would eternally blight one's soul!" Saburo glanced at his kidnapper. He couldn't turn his head to her for the fear that the closeness would tempt her to do more.

"Surely you do not wish to be linked with me!"

Please, don't wish to be linked with me. He thought.

"That's okay!" Bubblegum answered cheerfully. "You have a reputation to uphold, after all. I, Bubblegum, know how rough it can be. I, your supreme waifu-to-be, have already noticed your sweet side! The rude rice seller? An act of kindness." Her grip tightened. "You even refused to marry I, Bubblegum, because of being a stranger! I'm so super beautiful and awesome ANY man would kill for my hand. But you? Even now, you..." Her heart-shaped pupils seemed to wander off into a daydream for a moment before returning to reality.

"I keep telling you, Saburo! We're meant for each other! I, Ocean Princess Bubblegum, can see for who you truly are!" Giving him a nod, she brought her face closer to Saburo's. Whispering into his ear. "How about I tell you a secret, my love? Have you ever heard the name—"

"DON'T MOVE!" A well-armed Shang looking man with a nice hat yelled.
"THIS IS SHANG LAW ENFORCEMENT!" A similar looking man, with nearly the same voice, added.
"Pirate King Saburo! You're under arrest! Leave the hostage, or we'll kill you on the spot." There were a lot of similar looking men. All armed to the teeth.

Bubblegum looked at them with a bit of confusion at first, before she yelled back. "THE GREAT PIRATE KING IS NOT SCARED OF YOU!"

"Damn." One of the enforcers whispered. "Is it already too late for her?" Another asked. "I heard he has the devil's charm. Guess it's true. Poor girl, so young."

"THE PIRATE KING SAYS YOUR HAT LOOKS SILLY!" She added.

The men gasped. "O-Our h-!? How dare you, this was designed by the royal fashion designer Tsu Le Beng. Insulting this hat is insulting the Emperor." A very angry Shang man said, before they all nodded in unison. "That's it. You're going down! JUSTICE!" And with a roaring battle-cry, the man charged forward.

Saburo had tried to defend himself numerous times. But each time he was interrupted by Bubblegum and then, as his situation got worse. The guards.

He could only watch the scene with horror as he realised what was happening. His eyes flicked between Bubblegum and the Shang man. "U-Uh wa-!"

The man charged forward at him. Saburo stood there flat-footed. Right up to the point his brain screamed at his nervous system to move away from the guard trying to beat him to death.

Saburo dived to the right. Atleast, that what he had attempted to do. What he had forgotten was that Bubblegum was still linked with him. This caused him, instead, to basically do a full rotated aerial spin. In the end, he slid on his heels till he was positioned the other way. Saburo faced the ground when something went *CLANG*.

Bubblegum landing back on her feet next to him, still linked to him. Saburo blinked. Where was....

Oh.

He looked down to see the previous rather angry man now sleeping peacefully on the ground. Sleeping and unconscious was not words he wanted to separate out into detail.

"By the emperor! He knocked out Jiben using the hostage!"
"Using that poor girl as a human weapon. This fiend knows no bounds!"
"He has no empathy towards other humans. Truly this is the Pirate King!"
"Don't worry men! Together we can avenge Jiben. Rescue the girl from his clutches before she's too damaged. And take the Pirate King hostage. We'll be heroes!"
"YES! IN THE NAME OF DESIGNER TSU LE BENG!"
"You mean the emperor"
"Y-yes."

Saburo turned slightly to the girl who in his mind had caused this entire situation. As the other guards readied to attack as a group.

"T-Tell them something!"

After Bubblegum was used as a living weapon, the girl's face was actually red from embarrassment. "T-T-T-T-Team attacks already!? N-N-No! T-Time out! Way too fast. Way too fast!"

Taking a step to the side, forcefully removing herself from Saburo, the quirky Princess turned her back to him as she buried her face in her hands. "It's okay! You're Ocean Princess Bubblegum! Take em how you get em! Support conversations? Pfffsssh, overrated. We'll just name our babi—"

"A chance! CHAAARGE!"
"FOR TSU LE BENG!"
"The Emperor, Kong-Bai! It's the Emperor."
"For my promotion!... and Jiben"

Taking advantage of the hostage not being a hostage anymore, the well-armed Shang people charged forward until—

"NOOOOOOO!"

And with a single out-cry, for just a moment, the earth shivered. There was no charm, no dance, no rhythm, and no pole dancing. There had just been four poor Shang men neatly grouped, a weapon called Love Tap that was also making for a really good bat, and a village shack that was now in ruins.

"How dare you interfere in a Princess's business!" The Ocean Princess said angrily under heavy breath. The over-sized axe firmly in her hands. "Seriously. No manners." The pink haired girl pouted as she put the axe on her back again. "S-Saburo, my love! What did you ask me earlier?" She now asked him with a smile.

No answer.

"...Saburo? You're there? W-Want a kiss!?"

Clap Clap Clap

It was then, after Saburo's prolonged silence, that a clapping could be heard. Behind the two love-birds, on well-armored horses, even more well-armored men! Three, in fact.

"So, the rumours were true. We've finally found him." One of them, a scar running along his face, said.
"We're a bit late, non?" The next one, with a magnificent moustache, spoke up.
"Whatever, let's just smash 'em and be done with it!" The third one, a baldie, complained.

Getting down from their horses and slowly walking towards the duo, the scar-face spoke. "Saburo Shanzhai, we're the Shang Elite Unit Hai-Dao, and we've come to take you captive."

The moustached one chuckled. "Hohoho, sooner or later, every criminal slips up. We know all about you, boyo. Chasing you for many months. A face that fits a hundred people, evading the eye of justice. BUT!" He pointed at Saburo. "Today you made a terrible mistake! An open display of your power."

"Not bad, not bad, Pirate King! But these small fries are nothing against me! You can destroy an entire shack? Pfffsshh, I CAN RIP A FREAKING MOUNTAIN!" The baldie proclaimed loudly as he pounded on his chest. "What about the hostage?"

"...What happens to her is none of our concern. Now then, Sa-"

"Just, SHUT UP!" Bubblegum cut into their word. "You hogged up enough screen-time already! Him? Doing THAT?" Before looking offended at Saburo. "But... I! You... how dare you take the credit for my super special achievement!? Even if you're cute, adorable, manly, nice, cool, great and... !!!! Hmpf!" She pouted, crossing her arms and looking the other way. "Apologize."

"Silent, like the wind..." With a single motion, the moustached man disappeared from his position just to appear behind Saburo a second after. His hand on his sheathed Katana, he clicked his tongue. "Oui, right, alive." Following with a series of fast finger-strikes all over Saburo's body: He couldn't move, yet was aware of his surroundings.

"You damn rat! I wanted a real fight!" The baldie complained as scarface raised his hand. "Shut up, put him on the horse, and let's go."

"And the girl?" - "Leave her alone."

"Not like the great Pirate King would need MY help, considering his power of taking on a bunch of mooks. BUT, maaaaaaaaaybe, if he'd apologize, I could lend him a hand." Bubblegum simply spoke awfully loud as Saburo was loaded onto a horse.

Too bad he couldn't talk.

"...Stupid man's pride...." She whispered with a disgusted face before her pupils became all heart-shaped again. "But that's what I love sooo much about him! Surely, he's just testing I, Ocean Princess Bubblegum! Everybody can defeat a bunch of mooky mooks, but distinct super special guys!? ALRIGHT, PIRATE LORD. I'LL PROOF MY LOVE TO YOU!... Uh, Saburo?.. Saaaaabbbuuurrrooo!?"

But nobody was around anymore.

Ocean Princess Bubblegum
Bubblegum-Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village, Haschou Village Central ]

Overbearing emotions.

A cursed haze.
An underlying premonition.
A sickening stomachache.

It had been a matter of to-be, and not to-be.
It had been a feeling of being satisfied of being unsatisfied.
It had been a standpoint of being happy without zeal.
Yet, the worst of it had been the dialogue....

'Welcome to Haschou Village!'
Too often she had said it. Yet, it had always felt disgustingly refreshing.

A friendly smile that had already drowned her very core.

Silenced words, repeated all too often.

An unrealized Nightmare she was supposed to blindly suffer.
An ignorant bird, imprisoned in its glass cage.

Tears fell down Bubblegum's face as she realized this all.
Feeling incredibly sad because of this torture she had been put through.
She broke the silence. She expanded her vocabulary. She gave herself reason. She destroyed the cage.

Slowly, her sadness was replaced by anger...

"How dare you..." She whispered, clenching her fist.

"How fucking dare you..." She clenched her teeth.

"TO TREAT ME LIKE A GODDAMN BACKGROUND CHARACTER?" She pointed at the sky. "Putting me through such humiliation... silly Nightmare... you WILL feel the Bubblewrath." Clearing her throat, the girl calmed down. She smiled. Happily. The reason this colourless nightmare was now filled, stood a short sprint away from her. "Saburo..." She whispered.

Yes, of course. She dreamed of him. Ever since that event, even now, she sought to be reunited. "Even Bubblegum's Nightmare producing brain can not defeat the power of love." Clearly, he must have been the key to this all. The fact that everything became lucid stood reason enough. Even if it was just a dream...

He was a prey in her hunt.
He was the damsel in her adventure.
He was the... fish to her... fishing pole?

Squish

Something warm wrapped around Saburo from behind. "Sa~bu~ro~ how I've missed you!" A voice whispered. A voice he had only heard for a single day, yet, burned in his memory for all eternity.

@Rithas
@Ehb just to check if all is okay with this ;w;?

Last edited:
  • Creative