Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below

Fieldset:
Aachen_Rizen_Banner_B_-_Copy.jpg

This is the In Character Thread for Kenno Matsuri.
[ (Initial Wave) Interest Thread ] - [ Out of Character / Signups ]

Previous Entries
[ Hymn of Origin ]

Fieldset:
[ Journal ] - [ Bestiary ] - [ Manual ]

Last edited:
Ocean Princess Bubblegum
Bubblegum-Ico.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Here and There ]

There was a Success. Ocean Princess Bubblegum wasn't all too sure in what she succeeded with, but she was aware of succeeding, and that was all that would have mattered. Would have. If not for the fact that Saburo Shanzhai took, ONCE AGAIN, all the glory. He was now hailed as a Hero. Yet, what had he done exactly?

Bubblegum was the one who tore down the Great Wall of Haschou Castle with her sole might. Bubblegum was the one who sought beyond the endless Horizon, descending like a shooting star as a Goddess of Victory. And then, Saburo was the one burned the girl's wings and pushed her into an Abyss.

And an Abyss it was. There were pillows. Pillows. Pillows. Pillows. Pillows. Pillows. The Ocean Princess was sure she had never seen so many pillows in 10 times worth her life-time. Never had the fearless Ocean Princess thought that pillows could be so terrifying. Yet, even so. She was a survivor. Even so, after a hard-fought battle against drowning fluffiness itself, she saw the light of the day again.

But it had been too late.
Way too late.

By then, the die had been cast, the situation resolved. Her chance of an Dynamicu Entranceu and impressively impress the Pirate King's companions ruined. Yet, at the end of the day, it was all well. For He was the Pirate King, and Ocean Princess Bubblegum would conquer the world if he so desired. All in the name of Love.

Also, pillows were now her eternal enemy.

[ Month of Renewal, Haschou Village / The Maplegrounds ]

In the time that passed, Bubblegum has had her very own agenda that ultimately made her stick around only from time to time. Doing this and that here and there. If anything, the most important part the pink-hair made sure was that the group was aware she was the Pirate King's fiancee and him her fiance, by extension.

She had to be careful about all of this. Bubblegum knew that dreams had their very own rules of time, but she also knew of people who never woke up again. It was just too bad that nobody ever bothered explaining to her. That was, at least, until Rumiko spoke with to Cirika. Being a genius, it was only natural that she didn't listen yet listen at the same time. Perking up upon talking about a graveyard and whatnot.

Was it... familiar? Bubblegum couldn't really tell, but what was important was the fact that the Shrine Maiden gave a possible solution to this prison. Dream, Nightmare, or whatever else, something was better than nothing! Finally, everything started to fall into piece.

"Nobody here is crazy." Bubblegum finally spoke up. "I, Ocean Princess Bubblegum, can assure you of that." Apparently Cirika not believing Saburo's henchmen was a thing, so she had to make sure to convince her! Although, her seal of approval should have been enough...

"If you can not believe the shrine maiden, try to think about it like that: In life, there are four types of actors! Main ones, supporting ones, and background ones. Now you're a supporting actor and Rumiko is a main actor! If a main actor tells the supporting actor something, she usually does well to listen!" The Ocean Princess smiled. "Once you accepted and realized you're a supporting actor, it will just make sense!" Surely, that would help her understand!

@Ehb last speech part
@RedArmyShogun
@Rithas
@Karyra
@others!

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luma
Kiri Moriya CC: #ffb7c5
Kiri_KNMIco.jpg

[ Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Haschou Castle, Daimyou's Suite ]

Kiri’s eyes shut tight as she awaited the agony that typically came from a ceiling collapsing on you. With any luck, it would be swift and painless. Screams, shouting, and panic tore at her ears from all angles as she retreated to her mental happy place, but there were a few sounds rapidly approaching that she couldn’t ignore.

"Rumiko..... no..... NO..... STOOOOP!!!"

kiridepressed-png.169805

[ Month of Frost, Haschou Village / Moriya Ikkikari Manor ]

Standing by the very same counter Kiri remembered her own servants cooking on, Kiri absentmindedly chopped a carrot into awkward looking slices with a well-sharpened kitchen knife. She stole a moment to glance up from her pitiful slouch at Cirika, currently discussing some sort of trade deal in the neighboring room.

"...they can still be saved..."

Gripping the knife tightly enough for her knuckles to whiten, Kiri thrust it forward into the air, shaking merely from the sensations her own imagination had supplied. The blood, the horrified shriek, the slow ebbing of life. Truly awful.

She continued to mutter this empty promise to herself as she prepared dinner, seasoning the freshly chopped carrots with salty teardrops.

[ Month of Renewal, Haschou Village / Moriya Ikkikari Manor ]

Any remaining gimmer of hope Kiri might have had for the future had been slowly wrung out of her like a towel over the next two months. That hope took with it several other emotions as well; one of the biggest was joy. Even through the rowdy, energetic celebration, she couldn’t bring herself to smile, even for a moment.

As Cirika invited Rumiko to share their story, Kiri threw the giant a quick look before standing and wandering into the next room. Today was a day not only to celebrate, but for many, it was also an opportunity to honor those who had passed recently by building a shrine for them. While the outside was filled with grand shrines and bountiful offerings, those of the Moriya family were confined to this small room, hidden from the public eye. Even allowing this much was a display of leniency on Cirika’s part.

Kiri stared down at the meager little table with its tiny candles and the partially-defaced painting of her mother. Slowly, Kiri pulled the scarf her mother had once worn from her neck upwards to cover her quivering lips.

"...this w-wasn’t sup-supposed to happen... t-t-this-s... w-w-wa...." her eyes shut tight, unable to hold back the tears any more.

@no_one_but_technically_everyone

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Rithas
Kuroi Mitsurugi - CC #404e66
KuroiIco.jpg

[Month of Harvest, Haschou Village / Haschou Castle, Interior]

Meanwhile, as the group was trying to threaten, bluff, and hug their way out of the situation, soon enough more weirdo's showed up. First was a woman shouting and running toward the dangerous situation—excellent choice, Kuroi mused—and then another two whom crashed through the ceiling and unwittingly saved the hostages with a daring exclamation of being a "Pirate King". With him was someone whom Kuroi for some reason would note as "Cotton Candy" for her strange appearance.

Deadpanning, the situation wasn't improving and sure enough, the sleepy-looking girl cracked the wall and the castle started to crumble. However, just as it began to, Rumiko charged the woman like a mad bull, causing him to flinch upon seeing the impact of the tackle. That had to hurt, but then again, they just tried to indirectly kill him. So, fuck'em.

What was surprising that this act of brute aggressiveness was not just Rumiko being Rumiko, but rather it achieved in causing the castle to tumble outwards, saving the lot of them and allowing the group to evacuate. More mixed feelings enveloped Kuroi. Still confused, however thankful to be alive, and not so thankful it was his big sister who technically saved him, bringing a scowl to his face even in a time where it should hold relief.

[Month of Renewal, Haschou Village / The Maplegrounds]

As the time for celebration arrived, everyone dissolved into their own cliques that they had developed. A pity that they had all had time to work and journey together when he had been stuck in that castle the entire time they all were transported to this damned place. What was more unfortunate, however was that, like the Pirate King, Kuroi was also dragged along by many of the other guards, who perceived him as one of them, into drinking.

Kuroi didn't like the taste of alcohol. Most of it was bitter and disgusting and the better kinds were just slightly tolerable, at least going off the crap his dad used to make him drink. However, while initially wanting to tell them all off, competition got the better of them. One of the guards had unintentionally struck a nerve, teasing him all too much like his father used to and it didn't take long for the now vagabond to prove them wrong, or attempt to.

By the end of it, there was good news and bad news. The good news was that Kuroi now knew he wasn't a complete lightweight and had managed not to throw up from stuffing his face with alcohol. The bad news was that he wasn't anywhere near sober enough for the conversation that would follow with the Swordmistress.

As the group gathered together and the woman apparently sought some way to repay them all, even though Kuroi did more damage to his sister than the actual enemies, and Rumiko decided to spew out an entire novel in return.

Staring with a blank face at her story, Kuroi shook his head lightly. "I'm not sober enough for this..." He murmured to himself, taking a rather wise choice to sit down before he stumbled into something or someone.

It was unfortunate, really. All this time he had been wanting answers only to get a full-detail explanation while too inhibited to process any of it. Fate would likely have it that he ask for the very same explanation the following day with a rather large headache, not recalling any of Rumiko's answers.

It wasn't the only thing that didn't register either. Earlier the cotton candy had rambled to him shortly after his little drinking competition. Something about a fiance and the pirate guy. He wasn't much listening, but even intoxicated he could get the same sense from the girl, that she was strong in a way that made him wary. Without even having registered the full conversation, only one thought came to his mind.

That guy. Is fucked.

And now here she was calling herself an Ocean Princess—and something with bubblegum. Crazy cotton candy. She kept talking but Kuroi still didn't understand. That was probably the alcohol, right?

There was also the sleepy girl that tried to collapse a castle on them. Why was she here? More importantly, why didn't she have a gaping hole in her chest? Rumiko tackled her, didn't she?

Glancing back over to his sister, there the demon was, joking and laughing with friends like a normal person—Could she always look not evil and terrifying?

"...Why can't... anything make any damn sense..." He muttered to himself once again.

@Noone but everyone

Cirika Ikkikari - #808080
Cirika_Ico.jpg

Kiri stepped away from the meeting. Cirika, at this point, at a loss at how to help her, simply allowed her away.

"I would not know where to start, but I shall try."

For now, most importantly was for her to listen. Rumiko agreed to tell her everything she knew about their strange circumstances.

Rumiko went into detail about the traveler's circumstances. A lot of detail. It was an interesting one about a world where the Festival of Swords Failed. A place called Shang where a grand sword festival was held. A graveyard. A girl with peculiar eyebrows. Indeed, Rumiko basically told more or less everything they knew. Regardless, Cirika appreciated that Rumiko was about as gentle as she could be with what she revealed, even when revealing all the bad that came with that knowledge.

Ultimately, it seemed like their escape was based on her own survival.

"Rumiko. that is quite an amount to say. Excuse me..."

The young woman felt a wave of different feelings come over her.
Failing the pigrmige and dying, and the troubles that Haschou and Anzai would have to bear. So, there existed a world where all the worst things that could happened had indeed, happened.

"If you want to help us, then allow us to help you, at the end of this all I think we'll find the source and then and there we can defeat it and punish it and you will have finished your Duty and allow all these here to rest at long last.. We cannot remain here Lady Cirika and while I don't know what effects this world may have, I can recall comrades we have lost in this world, likely taken by the horrors of the Swamp, but I cannot recall their names. It all is not doom and gloom, your school still survives but this world is just a vengeful reflection of the past.

If you can accept all of this, or want to humor the words of a madwoman, you get company on a lonely road and saved from an assassination. If however the Madwoman is right, I will do all that I can to see to it that a proper shrine is built and that you all are reburied in the rightful homeland. Either way it's more work for me. And if I cannot do it, then provided I can find a suitable enough fool, my children will."

"That is very considerate of you."

It was a sincere intention. Cirika couldn't help but be a little uncomfortable with the thought though. Thinking about already being dead was too morbid.
"What about putting it lightly Rumiko!"

"Ah well need to find a man with peculiar tastes I guess."

Cirika chuckled along with the Rumiko's jest.

"Yeah, you need to find a man who can handle the fact that you could suplex him to death, Rumiko."
"But seriously, we really have to leave. Unfortunately, all of us are in this tournament either because we don't want to be, or need something from it desperately. We can't just ignore it. Even if we wanted to. Although we could all just be crazy, simultaneously somehow."

"Knowing some of your acquaintances in your menagerie, I feel like that isn't as farfetched as one might think."

She said. She was likely referencing Saburo's Self-Proclaimed Fiancee.

"We don't actually know about that being the way to get out of here! But.. Most of that is basically it....yeah."
"I'm not Tousawan. The opposite, if anything. So I never read much into your history. B-But...If you do hear us now. We really do need to get out of here. Whether we have already saved you from your... Assassin. Or not. If that's even what we needed to do. But it's something to do with you."
"Try not to go in shock...pretty please."

Cirika shook her head at Saburo. Seeming to say 'not even close' with the gesture.

"Nobody here is crazy."
"I, Ocean Princess Bubblegum, can assure you of that."
"If you can not believe the shrine maiden, try to think about it like that: In life, there are four types of actors! Main ones, supporting ones, and background ones. Now you're a supporting actor and Rumiko is a main actor! If a main actor tells the supporting actor something, she usually does well to listen!"
"Once you accepted and realized you're a supporting actor, it will just make sense!"

"...Despite the length of Rumiko's tale I somehow manage to find your allegories even harder to decipher, Fiance of Saburo."

She replied back pleasantly. Knowing Saburo wasn't quite on board with her being so acceptful of Bubblegum's boisterous proclamations.

After saying this, the party seemed to sit quietly. Though between the background festivities and the ambience of Rumiko's brother trying to nurse the alcohol overconsuption, the party could understand that Cirika was still trying to process all of what she had heard. The biggest question on their minds was what she would say, and intend to do, knowing the things that they've come to learn.

The fate of an entire world, even one of memory, was grand. Rumiko had a respect for the people here, even if they were long gone in her own world. Cirika didn't really know how to respond to any of this, really.

But, there was one thing she really wanted to say.

"...I think I might know of the girl whom was left behind.About the cemetery where your unconscious bodies now lie. I've seen all of it."

Looking up at the party. She began.

"This girl. She wields two swords and is quite short, isn't she?"

Without a doubt. Most of the party knew she was talking about Tsubaha. The swordstress whom presumably got them all into this mess together - even if unintentionally. But, why was Cirika saying she already knew of her?

"I've had dreams of that girl, when I sleep. First starting with her wresting control of a blade. Then, trying to revive her comrades with no response. These past few months I've seen this progressive dream of her trying to take care of you all - whom are unresponsive. Right now... she's fighting a girl with purple hair. She's about to lose."

@_Everyone

"Does any of that make sense to you all?"

Cirika's revaluation was important. That meant in these past few months that time in their original world was flowing much more slowly.

Saburo
Saburo_Ico.jpg

"I somehow manage to find your allegories even harder to decipher, Fiance of Saburo."

Saburo frowned, "That's not..." Biting his lip, The Pirate King could feel the eyes of gum-brain boring into the back of his innocent skull. Oh, it was not worth dying when they were finally getting closer to the real world. He was still holding hope that the world has just produced a great nightmare for him and that she wouldn't be there when he woke up.

"This girl. She wields two swords and is quite short, isn't she?"

A pang of hope laced with frustration unearthed itself in Saburo's heart.
"Eyebrows"

From what Saburo could gather, Tsubaha was still there. Which given that she wasn't for some reason watching over skeletons. Meant that it couldn't have been that long since they were sucked in here.

Saburo flailed his hands in the air. "That's us! I mean...the bodies. A-And that girl is Tsubaha. The stupid eyebrow girl! But you said she's in a fight? Of course she is! B-but that means we're in danger. I don't like being in danger. When we die out there we die...for real!" He quite disliked the thought of dying.

"Time is of the essence! Is there any other things you thought weird but now see as potentially helpful. Like a door saying 'Exit out of ghost world?'"

@Ehb

Rumiko Mitsurugi - CC #b30000
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

Listening to the oddly named one, goin on about actors and stages, the Miko wasn't sure what to say about that, though she had expected others to try and soften all that she had said.. Then again the girl who called herself a princess, body of water and a type of food she never heard of while assuring everyone she was in fact sane did not help matters.. And the Miko was not so sure she believed her at face value, was she really alright? Then there was her brother, off drinking, she still needed to explain to the rest who he was and how they knew one another..some details aside unless he decided to share those.

Actually how did she end up here.. She had much to ask this one at a later time. Though more pressing issues were at hand. Cupping her right hand under her chin the Miko shuts her eyes and frowns. "If you are dreaming it then time is flowing slowly.. I'm afraid who she is fighting sounds a lot like who chased us into the Swamp in the first place.. We'll need to resolve this and hope we make it in time, that swords woman is as skilled as you." All in all she could tell Cirika was still processing all she was told, the others could soften it if they wished, but the Miko was wagering Duty would move the spirit forward, what came after was beyond her grasp, when the time came she would also listen to any final wishes the swordswoman may have.. But for now, this was all very sudden and pressing.

Putting down her rice bowl the Miko stands to her feet letting out a heavy sigh, there was no such thing as a break it seemed. "We should get ready. Time should be on our side but I don't know how long Short Stuff will last."

At least she once again had her journal to write in now.

@Ehb @anyone else there who wants to talk to her.

kiridepressed-png.169805

[ Month of Renewal, Haschou Village / Manor -> The Maplegrounds ]

The tears continued to pour down her cheeks for a few minutes before they finally ran out. Whiping her face dry with her sleeve, Kiri placed a pinkieless hand on her mother’s painting, letting it slowly slip to the bottom.

"It’s not fair at all," she thought aloud. "Even if I brought you back... I wouldn’t remember. I wouldn’t remember how much I miss you... or how much I hate them... it would all be doomed to repeat..." Kiri’s hands balled up into fists and she began to shake with fury, but it passed quickly, like it always did.

"I’m sorry, Mother... I’m sorry I’m not brave enough..." she apologized, turning to leave. On her way back, she caught sight of several little stands offering a variety of foods, and snatched a candied apple. A few months ago, she’d have killed for one of these, but tasting it now, the flavor was almost unpalatable. She tossed it aside.

Without a word, Kiri returned to her seat across from Cirika, closing her eyes, seemingly to try falling asleep in that awkward position. She went through a great deal of effort not to look any of the travellers in the eye, taking it so far as to be awkwardly rude about it.

Runara Rumiko Private Action 1 - Shrine
Runara_Ico.jpg
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

Out of all people that would be part of the rag tag group. Runara can't help but to stare at a certain giant of a shrine priestess. Partly because of why would a religious kind join this bloodshed, and also that she stood out so much considering her size that is larger than even the men, and that she's buffed as hell.

But Runara should know better to talk than to just stare at her. So she approached the miko...

"Um..." She hesitates, it was different, looking from a distance and being so close to the woman who towers over her.

"Um... Hi..." No way... This is scary, what if suddenly the giant of a woman punched her? She was pretty much terrified. The woman could see that Runara was shaking alot.

"Um... Uh..." No good, this could go nowhere real fast...

Watching the commotion it already seemed the little band was going off this way and that, with little direction or purpose. Minus one group, about to offer them their assistance however another figure had interrupted her... Or rather one of the Doven, the more prolific one at that, or the one deserving of some pity for how she was being used as a petting zoo animal earlier..

Looking at the smaller woman, she wasn't the Fearless Eyebrows small but still petite. "Hmm.." And afraid at that.. Sighing these were always the most difficult to deal with.

"Well I could say not to be afraid as I have a righteous fist, but eh I doubt that would work. So Greetings, I am Rumiko Mitsurugi, and no, I have no intention of petting you unless you are like a small dog and that calms your nerves. Please be at ease."

"Ah no, no..." She shook her head, still visibly shaking. "That's not... What I'm afraid of..." She looked away slightly, lowering her voice.

"I mean... You're so tall!... And-and beefy too!" She immediately pointed out the glaring difference between them. "If anything... I'm more afraid of you... Hurting me..." She probably should've said this sooner than later, with that figure and strength... Rumiko could easily kill Runara with just one punch most likely.

"So... yeah..." Runara tried to direct her attention elsewhere...

"Well..." With a brief overcast to her expression the woman keeps a fairly blank expression to her face and eying over the dancer, Rumiko's demeanor changes a bit to a more friendly expression.

"I have no cause to hurt you do I? Though you are right I suppose. Well you don't seem to be as Evil as some in our Company, maybe a little underdressed but..well that's not something to attack you over.. "

Reaching out with her right arm to pat the girl on the shoulders the Miko at least didn't seem bothered by the accusation so much as distracted by something else.

"Well, what is your name? I rather not just call you Animal or Dancer, more so if you worry I mean you harm. Though I'm curious why you decided to bring that up, a more sinister person would not."

"Well... That's a bit reassuring..." Runara sighed in relief, knowing that Rumiko won't hurt her, she eases up... Letting Rumiko pat her shoulders.

Maybe this priestess is just a giant with a kind heart. Runara shouldn't just judge this priestess based on her gigantism and her battle scars... and well, her rather intimidating presence.

"Erm... Runara, just call me Runara. I'm... just a dancer you know... I'm afraid of getting hurt..." she slowly lighten ups.

"ahaha, Don't worry about that. I actually am a Priestess, just don't that kill monsters or bandits, oh top of other things. Though your fears I cannot help with really. Well no, yeah, yeah, just hold a second."

Reaching within her red Hakama and drawing out a few paper slips, with writing on them. "These are of the Kousen Sect, I'll explain them in details more, but you just pray with them in your hands, then if you are afraid or have worries you write your wishes on them and the Kami will come to see them. Luckily I am a Priestess that can dispose of them or deem the important enough for sending off on the pyres. Otherwise it can be kept with you as a charm for good luck and safety." Handing one of the bundles open, Rumi shows how the paper would split off and how a small ink quill could be used for the writing.

"I can say Runara, A few in this group are in need of being watched our for, or do not belong... But I do this job as I Want to, not for wealth or power, this is a troubled world and I aim to help it how I can. And there are other strong ones here. If you are ever troubled please come to see me. These robes and this body should tell you much on what I do and I do both parts of it."

Giving some long words and a bundle of prayer slips, the Kousen Priestess was at least trying to pretend to be the real deal.

Taking what seemed to be a paper talisman, according to Rumiko's word... Runara took some time to inspect the paper.

"So... This is... Some medium for you to communicate with your deity... Kami was it?" She asked while she wondered what to write in the paper.

"You know... The dances that I do... It was a form of communication with our own protective spirit. The nine-tailed fox." Runara moved the quill to write the first word of the sentence she would put on the paper.

'Love and Safety'

That should be good enough for Runara, she wondered if she should keep it on herself or to give Rumiko the paper...

"Hehe, you looked really scary but you're a real sweetheart like a big sister." Runara smiled, holding the paper with both hands. She lighten up fully and seems to admire Rumiko.

"Thank you." She bowed.

"Ah no, hahaha, the Paper is just for fortunes, they are blessed but the power in them is belief and your own efforts. No amount of Gods can change your life, but their presence is all the same.

All we can do is live by correct examples and give thanks for what we have.. And at times they'll give their aid if respect is shown in giving thanks."

Handing the Talisman over, it was a shame that the Spirits rarely intervened directly, but none could outright deny the existence of them given the magical powers they all seemed to wield.

"Your Spirit Fox would likely be considered a Kami by the Kousen Sect, in fact we tend to associate our Temples and Shrines regionally, into lesser and Greater Spirits.. Ah, seems the crowd is stirring, but your Spirit is no doubt the Overlord among the rest in the Doven Lands."

Smiling at the big sister remark, the Miko does a light bow, turning her attention back to the others.

"You are a fairly sweet girl, be watchful and may the Spirits Bless your path, it is nice to hear about other regions in regards to the spirits.. May we speak again."

Runara, CC:#ffa64d
Runara_Ico.jpg

A season passed since the whole betrayal happened. Runara, what she did was to help Iris get settled and informed on what she's been doing up until now. When she heard about Iris' condition after she ran from Moonsky, she was deeply sorry that such unfortunate circumstances have fallen unto her. But she will make sure that she did it right. Other than that, and that she also helped in taking care of the Berserk Fangs during the Month of Frost. She made a routine on checking up on Kiri. Despite getting the cold shoulder treatment everytime she checked on Kiri, she wouldn't stop, confident that after a while she would open up...

And now, the festival that the group should deservedly have... If only the coup didn't happen and well, other stuffs. Runara couldn't seem to enjoy the festivity despite the fact that she's the one who were very excited to have the festival earlier before the coup happened. She would constantly glance at Kiri, worried that she still couldn't cope with the loss, and that she don't even talk to others...

Runara listened on as Rumiko told a long tale on the group's circumstances to Cirika. Occasionally stealing glances towards where Kiri went before she started the tale. And Rumiko didn't spare any details from Cirika, too much details in one go. It would be pretty hard to digest for Cirika. She was about to say this had Saburo didn't mention that Rumiko should put her tale more lightly.

But despite that, Cirika surprisingly understand and told everyone that she had a dream, where Tsubaha tried to control her blade... Desperately trying to revive everyone present, and a battle that would happen between her and Tsukaha. It seemed that despite the time they spent here, the time on the living world flows way more slowly than here. Even so... They should find their way out soon, Tsubaha is about to have a battle that she will almost definitely lose.

"Of course... That does makes sense... A little bit..." Runara said out loud, she glanced at the others. "If anything, we should prepare for the pilgrimage! At least, that would be our final piece of the puzzle to get out of this world!" She said, slightly excited that she could finally get out... But, Kiri... "Will you help us?" She asked Kiri who were trying to rudely (and awkwardly) go to sleep and ignore everyone, with her hand reached out towards Kiri. "We'll make this right... One way or another."

@Luma
@Ehb
@_Others

kiridepressed-png.169805

People continued to discuss things, stuff, and volcano mountains. As it went on, Kiri let it all fade into jibberish as the world drifted away into slumber. Suddenly, she felt a warm touch on her shoulder, forcefully dragging her out of her dreamland and back into reality.

Kiri opened her eyes and turned to the side to stare back.

"Nothing about this is right," she hissed back like a distant rattle that was barely audible, even to Runara who was relatively close.

Facing forward again, Kiri shut her eyes once more and tried to shrug Runara’s hand off of her.

"I have to follow Cirika," Kiri stated emotionlessly. "I’ll protect her whether you’re there or not."

@LowDefinition

Ocean Princess Bubblegum
Bubblegum-Ico.jpg

Making good use of the various foodstuffs that were being presented, Ocean Princess Bubblegum continued to stuff herself full. Despite the amount of food she was taking in, which was a lot, she still somehow managed to appear graceful and with manners while doing so.

Overall, Bubblegum could only really make sense out of half what was being said. Considering her own fuzzy memory, she didn't leave the possibility of this all being her dream completely out of question. Nonetheless, from all what was being said, the most important bit was about the Pirate King saying how he could possibly die. Not that Bubblegum was concerned that it would actually happen, for she was assured they could overcome any dilemma, but they had to do something.

"As the Shrine Maiden mentioned. Everything will be in order once this, uh, pilgrimage is done!" Clapping her hands together before eating another bread-roll, she continued. "So let's not waste any time and get going! And about these assassins, no worries, with Ocean Princess Bubblegum on the team, we won't fail anything!" She gave the group a wholesome smile. "Isn't that right, Saburo?" Before resting her head on his shoulder.

@Rithas
@others

• Bucket of Rainbows
Rumiko Mitsurugi - CC #b30000
Rumiko_Ico.jpg

While Cirika hadn't had the chance to respond yet, the others seemed to be in a hurry to get a move on and most of them showed some sign of not approving of her direct means of how to deal with this. They should have just told the story themselves, glaring a bit she had went through all this effort of story time and summoning up her findings over the course of the remaining ventures.

Of note was Kiri's return, the Miko understood in part how the girl felt, but her reactions were..odd.. Runara of course could not leave well enough alone and went to pester the girl, who in turn shrugged of her hand, or at least tried to. It would have been amusing if not for the fact Kiri actually could be a problem.

Glancing at her brother the pair of them being around just made the Priestess want to reach for her journal all the more, plus she still needed to have a talk with him... Getting her mind off of the situation at hand was the Princess, that one she had many questions for... Either way this was all getting tiresome. Staring at Runara Rumiko shakes her head side to side directly saying

Don't.

She understood the girl needed her space and likely thought poorly of them all at this point, but they couldn't afford to play this song and dance yet again. Had those here remembered things here it could all be avoided and frankly dealing with the incompetent jerks that ran this country would only have lead her down the path of just killing them all, of that she was sure.

"Well.. I'll be around the main gate if anyone needs me, think I'll go look at some of the stalls as well till we can meet up to leave." Excusing herself from the others she honestly just wanted some space now, though she wouldn't be against conversation or companionship..mostly.

@whoever @shameless pointsgrabsoIcanevenmypostcountout.

Last edited:
  • According to Plan
#99ff99
Tsubaki_Ico.jpg

So this is it. Saburo being hailed as the hero, with the Ikkikari Daimyou happily carrying him around like a pillow. The villagers around them were joyful as well, seeing that the coup and other hosts of problems plaguing Haschou has been quelled. For the first time ever, Tsubaki felt relieved in this cage of a nightmare. Maybe fate decided that it was enough for the party, and they now finally get a breather. Or perhaps, a calm before the storm. The noble merely leaned on the comfortable chair while keeping her eyes closed, as if she was trying to enjoy the atmosphere.

("Ahh, peace. You only know how important it is, once you lost it.")

"...Everyone. Thank you very much for the past few months. It was no doubt thanks to your combined efforts that we've finally been able to hold an
actual proper feast and festival, as I'd promised all the way back during the Month of Chill."

Tsubaki reopened her eyes and straightened her sitting posture, with her focus on Cirika as she addressed everyone.

"Please tell me. Up until now I've just been depending on all of you, but I want to now return that favor. But, I must know more of it, if you may."

("This is it! The ticket off this nightmare village!")

Rumiko then told everything to Cirika. For some, especially Saburo, felt it was quite heavy handed. Then again, in Tsubaki's opinion, it was better to go all the way through. When the Bubblegum person spoke, the noble turned off her attention switch, before reenabling it when Cirika replied. She actually described about Tsubaha's details...

"I've had dreams of that girl, when I sleep. First starting with her wresting control of a blade. Then, trying to revive her comrades with no response. These past few months I've seen this progressive dream of her trying to take care of you all - whom are unresponsive. Right now... she's fighting a girl with purple hair. She's about to lose."

"Does any of that make sense to you all?"

Tsubaki narrowed her eyes, before giving an acknowledgement to Cirika.

"Yes. It does. But that also means we're running out of time."

Then comes Runara mentioning about the Pilgrimage and... of course approaching Kiri who is apparently suffering on her own. Tsubaki noticed that Kiri remained unable to accept the cold hard truth that befell upon her.

("Even all these months, she still can't get through it. I don't know what's up with her parents, pulling a coup like that. Makes me feel pity for her when she's basically clueless of everything, and not to mention, she was severely sheltered. At least we got thrown around a bit before we were sent to the chopping block.")

Feeling that there was nothing much she can do with the situation of Kiri, Tsubaki merely reached for her cup and sipped some water, waiting for more interactions.

@Ehb

Last edited: