Hysteria
What the fuck
What the fuck
What the fuck
What the fuck
What the actual fuck?!

If he weren't so terrified out of his mind, Jay would have looked down to see if he pissed himself. . . Or worse. As it stood--as he stood--amidst the chaos that was the rampaging lightshow freak on a power trip in the middle of the room, he was about frozen with fear now that most everyone was gone.

Oh shit, I'm going to see someone die--

Wait, shit, I did see someone die, is that guy smoki--

Fuck-fuck-fuckfuckfuckfuck, I'm going to die, I'm going to--

Someone was talking to him. Cyril, was talking to him. He looks at him dumbstruck, his face slowly screwing up with recognition despite the dank ass wings sprouted from his back. "You don't think I know that, clusterpuff?" He tries to move his legs and flee the scene. There weren't really any women and children here, were there? Not anymore. Not ones that probably counted. I mean, if they were still here, that window-licking level of genetics were probably best left out of the next generation. . .

He was moving now at least. His legs were numb. He was horrified to check if they were still there -- if his ass could move, what did he care, he was going to bail. He didn't ask for this. He wasn't crazy like Tom Thumb over there, and he didn't have wings like Cyril. Fuck, when did Cyril get powers -- how come that boob got to fly and he was just some sort of fuck up.

Ⱨ̻̪͖̟̯̼̒ͦ Ɏ̨̪̥ͧ ̷͇̖̔̓₮̡͎̙̈́̉́ͅ Ⱨ̔͘ Ɇ͔͖͗ ̐ͧ̑₣̈́̄ͣ̆̄͊ Ʉ̡ͬͤ ₵̺̹̤͈̞̪̽ͮ̕ ₭̟̤͇͒ͧͩ͆ͣ̂ ̣̳̼̮̣ͬ̎̇̿ Đ̙ͯͥ̿ͣͮ̾ ł̻̝̲͎ͯ̐̚ Đ̖̤̤͑̉͗ͧ͑̚ ͥ̒̉ ł̢̹̮̿ͬ̿̀̓ ͍̝ͯ̾₵̯̗̮̤̔̎͑ Ø͉̖̳͂̓̿̀ ₥̟̻̻̦̽̈́ Ɇ͎̟͕̬͈̱̫ ̧̬̟͕̈̎̅ͮͪ̓฿̤͓͛̏̎̾̚ ₳̤͇̭͈̙̗ͨͩͧ͘ͅ ₵̺̘̳̮͍͚͕̌̃̔ ₭̟͖̫͂̏ͯ̑͌ ?̫ͭ̌ͣ̽ͬ !ͭ̉͑

[fieldbox= Uskir Lazlow, olive, solid] The light jog felt good after his shower. He'd forgotten how fresh and clean the air was in the Village and how much he'd liked that. The sounds of the birds and the compacted but natural earth at his feet almost made him feel guilty. He liked the Village, but she wasn't in it. He was beginning to build this bad habit of remembering her whenever he was enjoying himself, but immediately after bring himself down with the guilt of having fun without her.

He was nearing the assembly when he heard the noise. The natural light of day prevented him from identifying the cause, but as he paused to look around he began to see those fleeing the site.

"What's going on? Hey! What happe-" he tried asking but his words fell on scared ears.
" Awakening! An unnatural one. Boy go back home. The Patrol will take care of it," the man had paused long enough to explain before ushering his wife along.

Uskir stood there, a tree observing the herd pass him by. His mind was racing into a wall thinking of his grandma, while his legs stayed frozen.

"Uskir! Are you ok? Have you seen my dad?" Saskia looked around, "Your grandma's not with you?"

Her words snapped him out of his pessimism and fear and before he'd even thought to answer her, his body was already running into the direction the crowd was running away from. Uskir was not a brave man per se, but he could be incredibly impulsive at times. Usually at the worst of times as he once again proved by running towards the unknown danger.

As soon as he got near enough for a visual of the situation, Uskir was held back by someone.

"What the hell do you think you're doi-"

"Grandma! Granny!"

"Shit" grunted the person struggling to hold him, "fucking giant! Stay put!" He exclaimed as he brought his tonfa down. With a thud, Usker fell unconscious.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Tempest
The rays of sunlight shone through the windows of Lionel's room in the old Silvain family home. They were really just small square holes in the upper part of the back wall -save for the one skylight in the ceiling- but they were fine in the summer months, though with the change of seasons, he'd have to put the glass panes back in soon.

Lionel lazily half-crawled, half-fell out of his hammock. He usually woke up pretty early, but he'd taken today to get some more rest. He pulled on his usual outfit, a long-sleeve shirt, a pair of pants with leather on the knees, and a pair of old worn-out boots. He then strapped on a pair of leather bracers, grabbed his bow and quiver, and headed downstairs and out the door. Lionel headed straight for the woods behind his house to do some hunting and target practice. He spent a few hours out there, but he didn't see anything out today, maybe all the animals were laying low for a bit since a ton of people just returned. Speaking of tons of people, to avoid the crowded village square and bathhouses, Lionel washed up in a spring that was a little ways into the woods.

By the time Lionel got back home, it was well past time to go to the assembly. He quickly put on his family's 'formal' wear, a simple dark green tunic with a silver arrowhead sewed on the chest for decoration, with form-fitting sleeves that were meant to show off the muscled arms of a Silvain, the arms of born archers. After all, a person did have to be decently strong to use (effectively anyway) one of the Silvain-crafted longbows. And then he headed off, toward the assembly location.

By the time he got there, all he could really tell was that something went really wrong. There were people running and screaming, nearly trampling each other to get out. Lionel grabbed a passing person by the arm. [COLOR= #25c65e]"The hell is going on here?!"[/COLOR]

"S-someone just suddenly started killing people!", they said as they wrenched free and ran.

He couldn't believe it. He couldn't seem to move from where he stood either, and only a few words escaped his mouth. [COLOR= #25c65e]"This kind of shit never happens..."[/COLOR]

Reactions: Mglo
Ami had been walking towards the assembly with her parents, and her brother, Jokari, and his wife and child when it happened. There were lucky enough that they were far away enough that the blast didn't knock them over. "What's happening? Jokari?"

Jokari quickly scooped up his child and handed it to his wife, "Ami take mom and dad and [wife's name] home. Then go find the doctors and tell them to prepare for a large amount of pateints. I'm going to be asking people take the injured over alright? Make sure stay safe though."

Ami looked with fear in her eyes at the wild power coming off of the awakened, killing everyone who got to close, "Jokari wait! How are you going to stop that thing? It's too dangerous!"

"Ami just do as I say!" Amitola nodded and then quickly followed out her brother's instructions. Most everyone was at the assembly, but she was able to find a few village doctors and help them start getting everything prepared for the injured coming in.

"Hey! Hey! Uskir! Wait!" Saskia ran after Uskir after he suddenly took off. A patrol who had tattoos stopped her, telling her had to leave, just as another officer hit Uskir in the head with a tonfa. "What the hell was that!" She pushed the man attempting to stop her, running to Uskir and kneeling down next to him, shaking him, "Usi! Uskir! Deer boy!" He was out cold.

"What is going on here?" Jokari asked, jogging up to the group.

Saskia rolled her eyes, "Not another one of you. You call yourselves patrol? You guys are fucking pathetic. Half of you are shut up in their houses hiding and pissing your pants, and the rest of you are out here knocking civilians out because you're you don't know what the hell you're doing. I know nothing ever happens here usually but aren't you supposed to be trained on how to act during these kinds of situations? Or is hitting people all you guys know how to do?" She turned back to Uskir and tried to wake him again before sighing and sitting back. "Have fun carrying him to safety. Dude's a fucking giant."

Jokari sighed and turned the patrol with the tonfas. "You knocked him out, you take him." The man with the tonfas started to protest but soon gave in and started lifting Uskir. "And take this one too. Get him some new pants." Jokari added gesturing towards Jay.

Saskia burst out laughing when she saw the stain in the front of Jay's pants, "Damn I know I said people were pissing themselves but I wasn't serious."

"Saskia! Where's your mother? Why are you laughing? This is a serious crisis"

Saskia recognized the voice and ran towards it, "Dad you're ok!" Saskia gave him a quick hug and whispered something in his ear. He seemed to scold her slightly but was holding back a laugh

Dorian Saxon was coming out of the mess, holding two people. One on his back and another with one of his arms. Jokari quickly got two patrol to come over and take them from him and bring them to safety. "Dorian. Thank you for all your help, but you should take your daughter and go back to safety. The patrol will handle it from here."

Dorian raised an eyebrow, "The patrol will handle? Right because you guys obviously have everything under control. Any idea how you're going to stop him? Or you're just going to wait for him to burn himself out? I'm sure you need all the help you can get. And my daughter...She's gotten a little fat and slow, but she can still handle herself. I trust her. You should be more worried about people like him." He pointed his thumb towards Jay.

Last edited:
Reactions: unanun
"How troublesome.." Frey watched the scene with both arms crossed, he leaned on the wall gazing at the change of events in his traditional formal attire. It was a mess, chaos stormed in like it was nothing. He sort of felt pity, however, he certainly doesn't feel a thing about someone's pain. There was a sight of bloodshed in the middle of the crowd. And the more they fear, the mess becomes even greater. He crosses his fingers that he won't be aiding in the scene. Knowing their limits, it's just he won't be enough to handle them here in this enclosed area. There was nothing he could do but watch them blindly being humiliated. After one of another, there was still hope to be made. The chances are rare but few of them should be able to awaken here in this mess. He can't blame himself for doing anything. All he could wait is to strike an opportunity last before the others.

Outside this hall, it's what he was implying in his tactics. Outside it will be a completely different story. Frey watched as if he's giving them a chance whether they can succeed or not.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows

[bg=#09324B]
T

The chaos trickled into a semblance of order as the surviving civilians fled or where guided from the scene. The Patrol, though nothing before this could have prepared them well enough to handle the present situation, did what they haphazardly could. It had not been enough. The burning power that had flooded out like a broken pipe of the modern cities had been too much. Once most of the bodies that could be reached were pulled away, all the Patrol could do was watch from the sidelines as the screaming individual burned out and expired like a flame without oxygen. Vikentije lay near the scorched spot, his life saved only by the extinguished power. His upper arm badly burned, his once pristine formal attire reduced to blotched rags and still he stared stupefied not by his own survival but by the result of a forced awakening.

Cyril looked around, wondering if nobody would complain if he left. Frey continued to watch the scene, arms crossed in thought. Askeli stood by, noticing some onlookers carefully nearing the unplanned wall the Patrol created around the scene with their own bodies. Aurelio and Jokari whispered in fervent discussion not noticing that Lionel listened intently.

Somewhere in Uskir's living room a Patrol Guard gasped for breath, a little old lady shoved a cup of water onto his hand before going to her grandson who was sitting up from his once sprawled position while Saskia rudely explained the nap-tap as Jay pulled on a pair of sweat pants he once swore he'd never be caught dead in after washing himself in the outhouse.

Meanwhile the Village hospital was at its busiest. Fang, despite his years of expertise, was struggling to keep up with a demand he hadn't experienced since the virus seven years back. In an attempt to keep order, he had enlisted the help of Wolf and Amitola, both of which had helped bring in the wounded.

Peyton drank from her root beer float searching for comfort that wasn't there as Jhanne eyed her for a weirdo before paying for her drinks and going back home.

****​

A few days passed in numbness as the Village Council fought over each other's voices and Guard Patrols struggled to manage with low numbers. The incident had taken many civilians, but it had also sacrificed some of the best and most dutiful Guards. At length, messengers were sent to the greater bloodlines traditionally trickling down to the smaller bloodlines until everyone was informed of the circumstance:

The Council was drafting from the populace to replenish the Guard Patrol. They had sent word to the Government and the Government had replied by sending supplies and words of encouragement. It was clear the Government now doubted the Village had some ploy at hand, but they remained weary and therefore did not offer a hand beyond the supplies.

Messengers were sent out to the drafts and were given a time and location to present themselves. The following names formed one of the new Guard groups to be led by recently promoted Aurelio Boon

Uskir Lazlow - Mglo

Vikentije Rona - Mglo

Saskia Saxon - ItariChan

Amitola Spiegel - ItariChan

Cyril Guvon - Drifter

Jhanne Yormung - Drifter

Frey Ywan - Alpha

Akseli Ranta - CasketCase

Lionel Silvain - Takashi

Akira aka Wolf Nakano - Sanctus

Peyton Kinnar - Snowball

Jay Vladislauv - Snowball

Fang Blotia - Rads

[/bg]

Reactions: Itari and unanun
[fieldbox= Vikentije Ronan, purple, solid]
He was early. The early morning was cold and the small clearing in the trees was made colder by the autumn wind. New day, new Guard group, and new leader. Vikentije had nothing against Aurelio, he was a good soldier but he was not powered. Vikentije had only submitted to the leadership of his previous Guard because the lead had an ability.
He leaned back on the trunk of a tree and moved to cross his arms as he waited for the ragtag group to gather, but the burn on his arm bade his arms to drop to his sides.
One glimpse at the list of names had disappointed him. The Council was wrong to spread itself so thin, sending the best of the Guard to different groups. This was a long term bandaid and it wasn't going to work. How long would it take to train recruits? What did those who grew up in the cities know about the Village grounds?

Vikentije hadn't spoken to them yet and he already looked down on them.

"What? You trying to make me look bad?" sighed Aurelio as he entered the clearing. "I thought you might be here already actually, How's your arm?" like Vikentije, Aurelio was clad in his Guard uniform with the only difference being the stripes on the shoulders.

"Healing," was Vikentije's only reply.

"You think we're wasting our time..." Aurelio was well aware of the eccentric individuals in the Patrol. You had your Vikentijes on one end, and your Cyrils in the other. None beat them at their own eccentricities, and that made them hard to deal with.... and here was Aurelio stuck with both of them in his team. They weren't even the only eccentrics in the group, but he had to stop himself there before he got a headache.
[/fieldbox]

Amitola carefully checked over her things for the 100th time and then sighed. It was true that during the incident she had helped direct and bring people to the hospital, but she it had never once crossed her mind that she would be drafted into the Patrol. She was not a soldier and she hardly knew anything about fighting. She could understand people like Saskia or Lionel being recruited. They had been training skills that would be useful since they were young. Ami one other hand hadn't done much but teach children for the past few years.

"Ami, are you ready?" It was Jokari. He was worried. He didn't want to put her in danger.

Ami nodded silently and shouldered her bag. "Let's go."

The separated at the Patrol headquarters. Jokari went inside to find his new recruits who were told to meet there while Ami continued on to her own meeting place. Only two others were there, "Good morning. Bit chilly today isn't it?"

Saskia landed hard on her butt and then looked up at her father who was shaking his head in disappointment, "Come on Sasi, you're better than that. You should have been able to avoid that strike easily." He sighed and helped her to her feet "You best be going. Don't want to be late on your first day. If you leave now you might even be early." He looked at her in the eye, "Take care, listen to your superiors. Don't let anyone bully you. They hit you, you hit back 10 times harder you got it?"

Saskia nodded, "I'll be fine dad." She picked up her things from the ground, strapping a sword to her waist.

"Saskia." She turned and looked. Her father looked...worried. It was strange. "Train hard. Get stronger. Things are only going to get worse. Just...take care of yourself."

Saskia walked over and gave him a hug, "I'll be fine. I promise."

It was early in the morning and there was a slight breeze, making it seem colder than it actually was. Before going to the meet up place, Saskia went up to look at her tree. It was the end of season but there still were a few fruit left on its branches. She took 3. One for herself, one for Akseli, and one for Uskir. Then, she made her way slowly to meeting place.

Miraculously, she was early. She had never been early for anything before. It felt strange. Only Vikentije, Amitola, and the new lead was there. The notice had said he had been recently promoted. Poor thing. He was in for a rough time. "They sure gave you the short end of the stick didn't they?"

Last edited:
Uskir left his house well fed and clothed thanks to his gentle grandma, who was still yelling from the door as he walked away, telling him to make sure he stopped by for that unusual cousin of his. Uskir knew what she meant, even though the years had passed Jay was pretty much still Jay. He'd definitely adopted more of the city life than Uskir ever had, and precisely because of that Uskir worried about his cousin. At least we're in the same group, he told himself, letting his negative mind think about Jay's possible downfall, one that would have nothing to do with the clear and present danger the forced awakening of powers presented.

"Morning Jay," he said as he flopped onto the bed, full body landing on the sleeping younger cousin.

In the time away, he had forgotten what the beds at home were like. By the time Jay had fallen asleep, he had been exhausted from tossing and turning and slept like the dead. With a lurch, Jay was bounced off his mattress and sent spilling, tangled in sheets as Uskir landed, though. A half-asleep caterwaul escapes his lips, unsure what was going on but entirely convinced it was some sort of natural disaster and he was going to die once again. The village had become his death sentence. It was an elaborate ruse to dispose of him by those who had stayed behind, he was entirely sure of it now. How else could he have been swept up in massacres, earthquakes and patrol duty.

It was slow-going before he realized he was not actually deceased. Largely, because he was thoroughly against opening his eyes. Vision returned, though, he looks up from his cock-eyed position half-on the floor to his cousin. "Morning? No one wakes up in the morning. That's the realm of stiffs and johns. You'll have to drag in my corpse, cuz, I'm not going. I'm not wearing that." His hand disgustedly points at the abominable uniform of the patrol.

Uskir sat up as Jay babbled his distaste, "You can, uh… fold the sleeves or something? C'mon, I'll give you a piggyback ride like when we were little. That'll be an unforgettable entrance!" Uskir mocked. He stood up, the full length of his body looking down at Jay, and walked around with a smile as the unchanged room reminded him of fond memories. "I'll give you 10 minutes before I drag you out," he chuckled.

Jay narrows his eyes defiantly, adjusting his boxer-briefs and murmurs low, "You wouldn't dare, lit'l Us-Us."

"You owe me, of course I dare. Hurry up or we're going to be late… or we'll be on time with you in all your naked glory," Uskir picked up a framed drawing of the two as kids, Jay sporting a big smile while a small Uskir was sporting an ugly crying face.

There was a loud sigh before Jay thumped the rest of his body none too gracefully to the ground in order to get free. "God, but no one looks good in that thing…" He reaches up, swatting at the outfit until the hanger knocked loose and it flopped down to join him. He tugs the pants loose and proceeds to climb into them, legs flailing before stopping in the air. "Who the fuck did these belong to? Was it that one fat kid? How am I supposed to keep these on?! It's a circus tent! A gawdy, bland, circus tent!"

Uskir laughed, but not too much considering his own uniform was too short on the sleeves and pant legs, "I thought Maria looked pretty good in it actually, and of course probably Vi- vying for everyone's attention. Anyway," he said hurriedly "Since when do you care about impressing the village?" Uskir knew the best way to veer Jay's attention was through his vanity.

He offers a crooked smiling after cinching the belt, pulling on his white tee and tying the jacket off at his waist. "Whatever. I can only imagine how awful Saskia looks in it. Makes it a little more bearable." He frowns, looking at the boots… before slipping on his Taylors. "Do I at least get something to eat? I like the prospect of having something to hurl later."

"Grandma packed your lunch and breakfast, sometimes I think she favors you more than her own grandson," Uskir handed him the extra shoulder bag. "You have something for Saskia? Or is she in our group? I didn't really see the list, since I found out about the draft from grandma," he said as he walked to the exit.

He snorts, shouldering the bag, "Like hell I do-- and I really don't know, but she's just always around. Remember how she was always being paired up with me in school to keep me out of trouble?" He shakes his head, following after Uskir, fishing for whatever grandma had made for breakfast to eat along the way. He got the feeling Uskir wanted a reprieve from his mouth-running.

Jay didn't finish his breakfast until they both reached the edge of the forest, "I'm not liking this meeting spot, why set it up in some private spot? I heard the neighbor's kid was going to the Patrol station near the Doppler bridge," Uskir commented as they continued on through the trees.

He frowns, "Because they're embarrassed of us?" he freezes in his tracks, "God dammit, I told you. There she is! You know, maybe I wouldn't be such a fuck-up if they let me do my own thing, but noooo I'm always being babysat." He snorts, crossing his arms, thoroughly disgruntled. "What is with this group, even? God, I bet that weird tree-creep is here, too. What was his name…" He drums his fingers on his forearm, "Linus! Linus, I bet he's just lurking around. God, who was even in charge of putting this group together."

Uskir was quiet, his demeanor suddenly changed. He grabbed onto the leather necklace he was wearing, a gift from his city girlfriend whose reply letter he was still waiting for. "I'm pretty sure that's not his name," Uskir replied uncomfortably. He cleared his throat and said, "Good morning" to the group in general, stealing a quick glance at Vikentije before turning to Saskia, "I should've checked the list, I wouldn't have been too nervous about the Patrol meeting had I known you'd be in it Saskia."

"Morning Usi." Saskia handed Uskir the peach she had picked for him. "From the tree that I planted way back when. Told you it'd work. How's your head?" she said, watching Uskir rub his head and smile in reply. Saskia smirked when she saw Jay, "Not gonna piss your pants today? I can't believe you actually wore the uniform. Weren't you the one who was always talking about being stylish?"

Jay grumbles low, "Oh, yeah, so much coming from the butch hag."

Saskia raised an eyebrow, "Butch hag? Really? For someone who's what, 25 years old? Your comebacks are worse than a junior high school girls."

"Guys," Amitola took a step towards Saskia and Jay, "I know you two have never gotten along the best, but we're a team now and this is our first day. We shouldn't be fighting."

Aurelio gave them a friendly smile, but whether it was his experience or charisma or whatever betrayed his clearly professional attitude. Uskir didn't recognize him, he thought him just another one of the group, but could clearly see the guy was a Patrol original, not some lazy hair dyed complainer who'd prove himself useless later on.

Vikentije only glared at the new arrivals, no discomfort or awkwardness in his face. Unlike Uskir, he'd paid no mind to the childhood rumors. Considering the way he was glaring though, Uskir thought he remembered clearly. In truth, Vikentije was getting pissed off by the bloody height.

Jay looks between the duo before chirping in, "Hey, Viki. Guess you didn't die. Good deal. Might I say, womanhood has made you all the more lovely. It suits you." He gives Vikentije a wink and a thumbs up.

Aurelio instinctively stepped in, saying only one worried word "Vikentije." In the split second Aurelio had reacted, Vikentije had also leaned away from the tree and closed the distance. "Don-" Aurelio began, but Vikentije had side-stepped him and was now standing in front of Jay.

"Say that again you mongrel. I dare you," Vikentije's anger usually was suppressed by his pride, loss of control being too unbecoming, but the rage seemed to crawl on his skin. He'd been on edge since the assembly, pissed off at his own inability to help more people at the time. The powerlessness of just watching the power burn out of a person… as he challenged Jay, he almost wished the guy would take up the challenge. His spine itched with the want to grab that stupid face and squeeze.

Aurelio sighed, shaking his head. Less than an hour and his team was already trying to kill each other.

Peyton pauses at the edge of the group, her hands on her camera nervously, "Uhm… Is this where I'm supposed to be?"

• Love
He just couldn't sleep anymore, the group was too loud. Lionel lazily stepped down to the branch under the one he'd been on. He was now visible, no longer masked by the thick leafy canopy. He'd gone here the night before and slept in the tree so he'd be here on time. His experience with not being too obvious was apparently paying off, though Leo had no idea how the group would react to his being there. He hadn't bothered with the uniform and had worn his normal hunting clothes instead. He reached up and retrieved his now and quiver from the branches he'd hung them on the night before and sat down on the branch, rubbing his eye sleepily. "You people finally here?"

• Nice Execution!
Since yesterday's incident, Frey didn't bother to help despite being self-aware that he's a complete nuisance. Frey simply moved on knowing it has become a small hassle. He didn't intend to volunteer. He thought of better possibilities and he watched as if it's nothing. The bravest amongst the guards were the frontlines, as usual. They fended off perfectly and did their job as expected. Frey highly think of those possibilities to become true, however, the fuss about being afraid and to be encouraged, he had trouble choosing which is which he had to act towards the scenario. The good thing about watching the victim burst into the crowd, Frey can simply get a glimpse what will happen next if this were to happen another time. As things will turn and repeat those mistakes, Frey ensures they all may not happen. Things have started raw and he made a decision to be the one who is going to stop all those from happening. If this is not his perfect role, Frey will end up killing them.

---
The autumn leaves falling as they land on the river surface, Frey greeted his uncles with a single fading wave before he heads off ashore. Outside he can feel the chilly morning air breezing past his ears. It was time to feed his cohorts. Frey's house has become a zoo for a variety of bird species. But they are not meant for battle, they were just a collection Frey found out further in the mountains. The rest were found in the foreign lands outside the village by his uncles. Though he doesn't mind if they were different.

Once fed, he made his exit from the green thickets. The rest of the village children would gladly meet him showing some gratitude. Frey lets out a smile and leaned forward towards his destination, waving at them individually and hesitated to show his teeth while smiling at his little cousins, brothers, and sisters. He made his entrance towards the meeting place. He was briefly informed to meet somewhere in the village.

Last edited:
"Alright, alright everyone calm down and gather up. Hey! I said gather up!" After 20 more minutes or arguing and chaos Aurelio finally got everyone to gather in a sort of semi circle around him. He made extra sure to keep Vikentije, Jay, and Saskia away from each other, using the other people as buffers. Not everyone had arrived yet, but they had already wasted enough time with the bickering and he wanted to get moving. "My name is Aurelio. Starting today, I'll be your team captain and you guys will be a team. Remember that. You should trust each other with your lives. We'll be training all of you in a the basics of everything, but as you find what you're good at we can have you specialize. Remember, this isn't a competition. People who are the best should be helping those who are struggling. We need everyone to work together to create a strong team.
"I know most of you know each other but it's been a while wince you've seen each other, so I just want everyone to introduce themselves and tell us a little bit about yourselves, including your family. I'll start. As I said before my name is Aurelio. I'm from the ____ family. No ability, and I've been recently promoted but I still expect respect, loyalty, and obedience from all of you." He looked over all of them as he said this, pausing briefly on the troublemakers as if to say, this means you! "Alright Amitola, you start"

"Alright. My name is Amitola Spiegel. I'm not very experienced in combat, but I'll do my best. I look forward to working with all of you." She gave everyone in the group a friendly smile.

Aurelio nodded his approval and indicated the next person to go.

"Saskia Saxon. Not much else to say. My family name tells you what I'm good at and I'm not going to lie and say that I'm excited to be here because I'm not."

[bg=#09324B]
T

hings had settled into a calm frenzy. While the risk of a burning bloodline loomed over the whole village, they continued on as always. Tradition powered the wheels and gears that kept life moving as expected. Only the recruited and the trained felt closer to the scene from weeks ago that had showed them the life burn out of a person as their bloodline was instantly lit with too much vitality. They patrolled the village and interviewed the suspicious. Still, only the other day they had heard of a person's bloodline firing up in their sleep. The blood of a branch of the Blotia clan had splattered the entire room, leaving cut wood, destroyed furniture, dented metal and broken glass.

Aurelio Boon had known the person. A woman whose bloodline had never woken, her blood abilities dormant though she's expressed wishes of being true to her clan like her relative the doctor.
He now sat, under the light of the moon and stars, by the north ridge where he awaited the remaining members of his patrol to arrive. It was the farthest lands to the north of what was considered Village territory, and therefore far from the population. Here lay farms and nature. A route previously not assigned patrol duties for its emptiness. So far the job promised only walks. Some enjoyed the scenery and socialization, and others preferred an alternative. Whatever the case, it was a peaceful time in so much as the looming threat could allow. The eye of the storm.
[/bg]