A smol group rp w/ Witches and other things(Anime-esque)

Status
Not open for further replies.

envogue

Rotten and Delicious
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk
large.gif

OPEN SIGNUPS - BellaDonna's Home For Witches

Basic Plot Stuff

Hello! It's your (mostly) friendly neighborhood magical girl. So, if you're in here you must be curious about my witch roleplay. Let's get some things out of the way about that as this roleplay is still a work in progress and what I write here is mainly going to be a sort of rough draft. Our core group of characters will be witches, no other supernatural characters will be the main characters. They will be side characters mainly for me, or you to control and can be any gender.

The girls will be living in a sort of group home/safe haven for witches who have yet to find a covenant for whatever reason. The home is run by a matriarch, who is also a witch, but she's gone missing. Not only has she gone missing, but strange things have been happening in and around town. Witches didn't usually like to involve themselves in those sort of affairs, but with the head of the household missing, the girls begin to wonder if it could possibly be linked together.

You see, witches were supposed to be the governing force over all other supernatural creatures. With the matriarch missing things begin to spiral out of control and it begins to have negative effects on the city and its civilians.

Did I mention that witches are a dying race? Fewer and fewer are being born, and even less are practicing it due to fear and the stigma against it. A lot of humans seem to think that magic has no place in the world, and the rise of the technology only furthers to prove that theory.

Setting/Environment

Modern Victorian will most likely be the setting, as I really love the aesthetic of that and it seems to match with the supernatural world very well. I'm not expecting this story to be overly dark or lighthearted, but for what I have planned already it may lean either way at some point. This rp will probably take place in some sort of European country, maybe, but don't quote me on that.

Ideal Roleplayer

I'm seeking advanced writers that will post regularly, at least once a week. I don't have a set number of players that I want, but no more than 8 players total. That's all I can, and want to manage right now. I'd like very dedicated roleplayers to join me on this journey, and some help and suggestions along the way about anything would be appreciated. If you regularly drop roleplays or disappear without a word, probably not the roleplay for you! :)

Magic

So the focus of the roleplay won't be on the girls learning how to do magic, but developing their powers and fine tuning what they already know in different situations. They will learn new stuff along the way, however, through a system I've created for 'leveling' up. I've also decided that people can create their own basic spells, but once it's spoken all the other characters can do it as well, unless they fall under your characters specialty magic. More on that once the OOC is up.

Alrighty. That's most of the basics, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. Please keep in mind this is still a WIP. If you are interested, feel free to tell me what you hope to see in this roleplay and what initially caught your eye?

Last edited:
interested

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: envogue
Sure thing.

I appreciate the interest daird but you've quit most of my roleplays pretty early on, and I'm looking for those that will stick around for the long haul. Hope ya understand.

I want to know more about the "levelling up" system before I commit fully, but I'm certainly interested.

I want to know more about the "levelling up" system before I commit fully, but I'm certainly interested.

The leveling up system will actually be side quests of sorts, where your witch can hunt down a grimroire. The quest could literally be anything, and would potentially unlock new spells and such for the witch. I'd most likely be creating said quests for each witch tailored specifically to that individual. But that would be later on in the rp, I think. :)

The leveling up system will actually be side quests of sorts, where your witch can hunt down a grimroire. The quest could literally be anything, and would potentially unlock new spells and such for the witch. I'd most likely be creating said quests for each witch tailored specifically to that individual. But that would be later on in the rp, I think. :)

Right, so it's nothing to do with any actual numbers or levelling so to speak, it's just a way to unlock new spells and powers. That suits me just fine!

You can put me down as interested now, for sure.

• Love
Right, so it's nothing to do with any actual numbers or levelling so to speak, it's just a way to unlock new spells and powers. That suits me just fine!

You can put me down as interested now, for sure.

Nope. Nothing that complicated.

Also, noted. Thanks for the interest! :3

Reactions: Kate
Sounds super good to me, count me in/terested!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Baddamobs
Sounds neat. And I'm coincidentally messing around with a witch-styled character as an art project, though I think she may be a bit different from the concept aimed for here.

Anyway, witches and such are pretty cool. The sort of Victorian aesthetic can be a lot of fun, it's a nice period, with a lot going on in the world, industrial revolution, and all that. Well, and I'm a fan of Sherlock Holmes, which is around that period. I've got a Call of Cthulhu supplement set for it, and might comb through it for handy ideas.

I feel a bit like I'm just hopping on the bandwagon, though. So, while I like the look of this, I think I may leave the room for others to join in. Part of the fun of roleplaying is playing with new people, after all.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Sounds neat. And I'm coincidentally messing around with a witch-styled character as an art project, though I think she may be a bit different from the concept aimed for here.

Anyway, witches and such are pretty cool. The sort of Victorian aesthetic can be a lot of fun, it's a nice period, with a lot going on in the world, industrial revolution, and all that. Well, and I'm a fan of Sherlock Holmes, which is around that period. I've got a Call of Cthulhu supplement set for it, and might comb through it for handy ideas.

I feel a bit like I'm just hopping on the bandwagon, though. So, while I like the look of this, I think I may leave the room for others to join in. Part of the fun of roleplaying is playing with new people, after all.

Not at all. If you joined that's what, five people. Still room for three more if their soul desires. So, totally up to you on whether or not you'll join, but I'd love to have you :3

True enough. I wonder if being covered in crazy arcane tattoos might be too extreme for the time period...

True enough. I wonder if being covered in crazy arcane tattoos might be too extreme for the time period...

Not at all. She'd just have to keep them covered, if she doesn't want to draw too much attention to herself.

Ohhh, I like this. I'm actually a little curious about the technology of the time though! Just because witchcraft and technology might not be that dissimilar... *winks before disappearing in a cloud of smoke*

Ohhh, I like this. I'm actually a little curious about the technology of the time though! Just because witchcraft and technology might not be that dissimilar... *winks before disappearing in a cloud of smoke*

Mostly steam technology. There would probably be some improvisation on everyone's part, because this isn't intended to be historically accurate. The technology would be great enough to improve most people's lives and cause them to abandon their dependence on magic/magical items, as well as more primitive modes of transportation. That said, I'm not intending this to be a steam punk roleplay lol, at least, not visually.

Mostly steam technology. There would probably be some improvisation on everyone's part, because this isn't intended to be historically accurate. The technology would be great enough to improve most people's lives and cause them to abandon their dependence on magic/magical items, as well as more primitive modes of transportation. That said, I'm not intending this to be a steam punk roleplay lol, at least, not visually.

That sounds cool! I actually really like the idea of a steampunk witch ^~^ Not visually, but I'm thinking about enchanting small toys for specific purposes? Like servitors. Or possibly going a more alchemical route? Or is that too steampunk-y? Sorry, I have a lot of feelings about modern witchy stuff... >~<

That sounds cool! I actually really like the idea of a steampunk witch ^~^ Not visually, but I'm thinking about enchanting small toys for specific purposes? Like servitors. Or possibly going a more alchemical route? Or is that too steampunk-y? Sorry, I have a lot of feelings about modern witchy stuff... >~<

You're welcome to throw out ideas and such. I think once I get everything figured out on my end of things as far as magic, potions, enchantments and such, you'll have a much better image of what your character can do. :)

You're welcome to throw out ideas and such. I think once I get everything figured out on my end of things as far as magic, potions, enchantments and such, you'll have a much better image of what your character can do. :)

Alright! In the meantime, definitely count me interested.

Well, that's six, so I'll be planning heavily from this point on. :) I'll try and get the CS out very soon, but I want to make sure it includes all the important stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.