A Second Day Out Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sun shone bright upon Zoey's face, which was plastered with sunscreen. Squinting, and covering a hand over her iPod, she checked the time. 2:15 P.M.. It was an early, hot afternoon in July and she sat at the local public pool by her house. Her one piece band logo swimsuit in black was starting to feel uncomfortable, and her patience was testing. Declan was always the one to be late.

Knowing him, he's probably still sleeping. School's finally out for the summer now too..

She gently tightened her ponytail, which was a bright neon pink (to match with her swimsuit's band logo colour, of course). Afterward, Zoey grabbed her sunscreen bottle out from the bottom of her purple striped bag and reapplied some on her arms. Thinking about how eager and excited she was to be spending the day swimming with Declan, a small smile appeared on her face. Maybe..She'll be able to see him with no hoodie again. She already had forgotten that Declan was late.

Jokes on Zoey-

The bus was just running late seeing as it was extremely busy.

Declan pushed up the sleeves of his plaid shirt and pulled on his t-shirt under it in hopes of feeling some sort of relief from the heat. This time he ditched the hoodie for something less...sweaty after almost dying from doing so last time. Of course, he still wore those cursed black jeans, the sun absorbing their colour through the smudged bus window. He grabbed his messenger bag atop his lap and jumped up at the stop, pushing his way through a bunch of people.
After hopping off, he sprinted to the outdoor pool where Zoey wanted to meet.

Man, why did she have to pick such...an...embarrassing activity to do. Of course, it was summer and what else would be more perfect to do. He hadn't been swimming for years, probably seven whole years. At least he could remember how to swim.

Once he paid, he stepped into one of the change rooms and dropped his bag onto the bench, thank god there was privacy or he might have copped out of the whole thing. There was absolutely NO WAY he was going out there with no shirt on, no way at all. So, Declan slipped on a black V-neck shirt he had never worn before along with his swim trunks. At least they felt better than the clothes he was wearing on the way here, less sweaty but still...BLACK. Just in case, he grabbed a rubber band from his jeans pocket and placed it around his wrist, having dark hair in the summer got hot faster than any clothing choice.

It took a bit of wrestling with himself to come out of the change room but if he didn't hurry, he was afraid Zoey would get upset at how long he was taking. That thought got him to quickly rush out the change room with his bag and to the pool side. Of course it wasn't hard to find his friend, she stuck out like something wonderful in a room of ordinary things. Not that it was a bad thing.

"Z-Zoey?" Declan's soft voice called out as he walked toward her with his things in hand, a worried look across his slightly sweaty face. He was nervously glancing at all the people around.

• Love
Reactions: starrysky
"Heyy (: hope u will be here soon~ I'm waiting ^w^"
Lucky for Zoey, she was able to catch the nearby library's wifi. She was about to send Declan a text until she heard his sweeter than candy voice.

Immediately she jumped up in excitement and gave her friend a hug, accidentally throwing her iPod on the cement.

"You're finally here!" She pulled away and raised her arms up high, both hands in a cat paw like position. "Oh~! We're both wearing black today."

Zoey raised a hand to her mouth, covering her giggle with a fake cough. It was an odd sight to see Declan like this, but she was thankful he had a shirt on. Him wearing no hoodie is already enough to give her a heart attack. She still thought he was cute like this.

"So?" Zoey gently grabbed his hand. "Shall we go swim?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
The sudden hug made Declans entire body freeze up like some kind of tense statue. He looked down at the top of her head when she did and blinked rapidly, trying to process the last five seconds.

"Haha...sorry...the bus was running really late and I couldn't find my swimsuit at home. I actually didn't even know I had one..." His eyes glanced downward at his shorts once she mentioned their colour choices and suddenly felt even more self conscious. All of his thoughts crashed down when her hand grabbed his, bags dropping onto the floor without a care.

"Oh...yeah..." Declan looked over to the clear pool, water rippling with waves from the other people in it. Though, he gave in and walked with Zoey, hiding his face as she held his hand.

• Love
The pool was filled with people and there was a faint smell of chlorine as they approached the ledge.
Zoey decided to lead Declan to a shallow area first, just in case he couldn't swim. Something deep down in her hoped that he couldn't, just so she could grab his hands just a bit longer and teach him. She was decent, and swimming underwater was the best she could do at the moment. Floating on her back was her favourite, so she could watch the clouds.

Zoey turned and smiled wide at her friend as she sat down on the pool's ledge. "I'll go first!" She jumped in, getting her whole body wet at once. The water was cold at first, which she never seemed to mind. Her long black hair dripped onto her back once she got back to the surface. "Come, Declan! You'll be safe here with me."

• Love
When Zoey let go of his hand and jumped straight into the water, he stood at the ledge, watching her rise back above. She was so used to these kinds of things and to be honest she was cute about it.

Declan crossed his arms and kept glancing around at the people, refusing to get into the water. It meant getting wet, wet clothes, wet hair.....

"Just...don't tease me about anything..."

Finally, he gave in and sat down on the edge, slowly dropping into the water. His facial expression told it all, the water was freezing to him. Both his arms wrapped around his body while going completely still in an attempt to not get any more wet.

"It's cold." Voice coming out in a breathless whisper, Declan didn't move from the spot he was in while gritting his teeth.

Watching Declan be so afraid of the cold was so cute. Zoey almost wanted to dunk him in the water herself, but she thought that might be too cruel.

"Come on!" Zoey laughed and splashed water onto his chest. "I'll make you the BEST chocolate cookies later if you get into the water."

Bribing him seemed to be the best tactic for when she wanted him to things. He always did love her baking. When that's not enough.. Zoey grabbed his hands and led him once again. She dragged Declan into the deeper water, which would gradually make him get used to the water. "By the way, can you swim? I can teach you, if you want!"

• Love
The bribe was quiet convincing alright...Zoey is amazing at baking....

Once the splash hit him, he winced while stepping back a bit but before he could dwell over it too long, she already had his hands again and they were going deeper into the water. "Geez! You'd think the sun would heat up the water but I guess it's just for show." Declan was just being a huge baby, the water was fine.

"But, I can see that you wanna play the splash game, huh?" He completely dodged her question about his swimming ability and dove under the water in an instant. Even though it had been forever, it seemed all of it came back in seconds. Declan grabbed Zoey from under the water and lifted her up, coming above in the process. "Try me." He chuckled quietly while smirking upward at her.
All of his hair was soaking wet and stuck to his face, the drops of water highlighting the long eyelashes he probably never even knew he had.

• Love
Zoey was completely caught off guard. She wasn't the lightest, so to see someone like Declan capable enough to carry her was cool. You really can't judge a book by it's cover. Declan's hands were cold as usual, but they never failed to warm her face with a slight blush.

"I can see so much from up here!" She teased. Declan wasn't carrying her up too high, so the view was just a bit taller than what she's used to.

"Don't you dare throw me!!" Zoey frantically looked around the pool in case he might follow through in throwing her. She didn't want to land on an unsuspecting person. Though, after calming down, her eyes always seemed to meet again with his.

Last edited:
  • Love
As much as Zoey seemed to be enjoying herself in his grasp, he only grew more sly looking after the comment about tossing her.

"No promises."

Declan opened his arms, letting her fall back into the water while he laughed. It completely skipped his mind that he was soaked from top to bottom.

Out of instinct, his hand went under his bangs and slicked them back, making his whole face visible. He blinked a couple times and waited smugly for Zoey to come back up.

• Love
Zoey screamed loud as if it were lava beneath her, as she fell to her demise. She was fully immersed in the cold water once again. It didn't last long though, since she quickly brought herself back to the surface.

"I could have drowned!!" She laughed. Although she had never came close to drowning, she was pretty afraid of it.

Once she took a look at Declan, she completely froze. "Y..your," Her voice trembled. "Your bangs! Oh my gosh.." Zoey put both hands over her face. It was tinted red with blush and she could feel the warmness on her fingertips. She had never seen Declan willingly put his hair out of his face.

"You're so cute."

• Love
The grin was wiped off his face at Zoey's reaction, going wide eyed. He didn't think she'd point out his hair, let alone he was unaware of doing so.

"W-WHAT!?" Declan went into a flustered panic and splashed a bit of water at Zoey, then crossing his arms and looking away. There was an extremely visible red hue across his cheeks and it wasn't just from the summer heat....

"You're making my face hurt." His head turned away even more, shutting his eyes from the compliment.

• Love
Zoey playfully splashed water back. "I think the sun's gotten to you too much!! Have some water to cool off~" She knew he was intensely blushing, but didn't want to embarrass him even more.

Although.. She did enjoy watching him like this. He was always so cute. She was happy to be spending alone time with Declan. He was different around her. A different side, that not even his best friend Teague would see.

"Hey, I have an idea!" Zoey swam behind Declan, to lean against the pool wall. "Let's have a race. From this side, to the other!! If you win, I have a surprise for you." She grinned innocently.

• Love
Declan smiled in return to the teasing and listened to her challenge.

"Fine, I'm going to lose though, I already know." He didn't even wait for a countdown and instead pushed himself off the wall and into the water. It was a cheap move but he swam as fast as he could to the other side of the pool. There was no way he could resist a surprise and knowing Zoey it was probably something strange.

"No way!" Declan was swimming before Zoey could get herself in position. "Hey, wait up!"

She swam with a breast stroke, which was not her favourite, but it was pretty fast. When catching up to Declan, they were so close to the finish that it could be a tie. Zoey still couldn't get over the fact that he was so strong.

• Thank You
He reached the other side of the pool and held onto the ledge, panting. That was harder than he thought it was going to be. There's literally no way he'd ever get used to being active unless he was running for his life or something- even then not really.

Declan watched Zoey approach through the water and spoke quietly to himself. "I win, hehehe"

• Love
This went just as planned.

"Oh no!" Zoey cried in defeat as she reached the ledge after Declan. "Guess you can get your surprise now." She raised a fist up to her mouth like a cat paw. How Declan could put up with her embarrassing things was something she always appreciated deep down.

"Close your eyes." Her voice went down to a whisper, still audible due to being so close to Declan.

Swimming closer, she put a gentle hand on his upper neck. His hair was wet, but always felt smooth and soft. She planted a kiss on his cheek, leaving some sticky, glittery lipsmackers lipgloss on his blushing face. After pulling away, Zoey swam far from him, splashing him in the process. Did I actually just do that.. She must've been more flustered than him.

• Love
Declan smiled at her quirkiness then completely let his guard down. "Close my eyes?" He asked curiously but did so anyway, shutting them slowly. Her warm hand startled him on his neck, he both hated and loved when she touched there. It felt like a spark of electricity that made him wish she'd never pull away. It was totally out of his character to feel that way but he just couldn't help it.

Once her glossy lips left his cheek and she splashed him, Declan had no idea what to do. Slowly, he raised a finger to his cheek and wiped some of the lipgloss off, placing it on his own lips. He did this while she swam away.

"Cotton candy..." A quick lick of the gloss revealed the flavour, it was really sweet. The red of his cheeks got even deeper while he covered his face after tasting it. He found himself craving sweets now...or maybe even something more from her. Thanks Zoey....

Unsure of what to do now, he remained at his side of the pool, looking around sheepishly.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Zoey swam to the pool's ladder and stepped out. The cold air against her wet skin was nice enough to distract her from how red and flustered her face was. She walked to her bag nearby to grab her iPod, and started tearing up. It was laying there on the concrete, with a crack on the corner of the screen. After all these years of taking good care of it, now it decides to crack.

Wiping her tears, she walked back to Declan. She secretively took a photo of him resting against the pool ledge. He looked so effortlessly cute, this might be her most favourite photo.

"DECLAN!!" Zoey exclaimed, as she approached her friend. She sat down on the ledge near him. "Let's take a pic together~!" She opened a picture messaging app, and scrolled through the selection of face filters. Zoey's favourite. Cat ears and a black nose, looking like they were drawn on their faces.

"Ohh~! Declan you're so kawaii!!" Zoey took a few photos, and posted one to her story.

Last edited:
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.