A Second Day Out Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Huh!?" Declan was thrown from his daze to see Zoey approaching him with her IPod in hand. On no she wants to take a picture together...
Before he knew it she was behind him and the camera was in front, showing off his confused face. Not only that, he had bear ears and a pink nose from the filter. A part of him was about to pull away from embarrassment but when he seen the smile on Zoey's face, the feeling faded and he tried his best to match with her.

"Not as....uh...kawaii? As you." Declan scratched his cheek in confusion, hoping whatever the hell that meant, it was good and he used it right.

After taking pictures, he climbed up the latter to the pool and began wringing the water from his shirt. At this point his hair was beginning to dry up and fell back onto his face in a separated mess. "Hey...Zoey?" Declan looked over near the parking lot and saw an ice cream truck parked there. After tasting her lipgloss he couldn't shake the craving for something sweet. "Want to get some ice cream? My treat. Oh...but first can you...tie my hair for me?" Taking the rubber band off his wrist, he held it out toward her shyly. He had trouble most of the time getting it neat enough and judging from Zoey's well tied hair, she was good.

• Love
Reactions: starrysky
Following Declan as he swam over to the pool ladder, Zoey stared carefully at the water. She kept a firm grasp on her iPod, hoping it doesnt fall in. It would be a shame to lose the photos she took with Declan earlier. She was too focused on this that she didn't even notice him calling her name. Looking up at him when he mentioned ice cream, she felt like there was something different about him. Zoey's eyes wandered to his lips, which is when she noticed..

Is he wearing her lipgloss!? He could've just kissed her if he wanted some to rub off on him.

"Ice cream? Yes!! I would love some." Snapping herself back to reality, her words were sudden and excited. Zoey's eyes grew wide, and had hands clasped together. "And..! Sure I'll tie your hair." She took the elastic band and went behind Declan. His drying hair, though full of chlorine, looked so nice from the back. Grabbing Declan's hair into her hands, she lightly pulled the rubber band onto his hair, and twisted it twice, securing the ponytail without hurting him. Zoey turned him around and was star struck at how he looked.

"You really need to put your hair up more often. You're handsome like this~" Zoey giggled while keeping her soft gaze on his eyes.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
There was sunshine in Zoey's smile, he thought while looking at her get so excited. Declan swore if it was something that could rediscover his love for the summer sun, it was going to be her; the bright ray of light standing in front of him. A low chuckle escaped him while noticing her eyes lock to his lips. It was a tad embarrassing knowing she could tell but he secretly liked it.

While she gathered up hair, his eyes slowly closed and felt her gentle fingers leave a soft touch over his head. No one had ever really touched his hair before but her and if he could, he'd let her play with it all day. Declan's eyes opened when she pulled it tighter and he was back to reality, the sounds of the outdoor pool loud and bright.

Zoey's wide, blue eyes locked with his own wide eyes and it took a minute to process what she said.
"H-Handsome?! Nah...it's just to keep it neat...that's all..." Voice quiet, it got softer every word until trailing off. A hand was reaching back and feeling the tied hair while doing so in a nervous mess.
To distract himself from the bombardment of compliments, he ran over to his bag, reaching inside a pocket for a $20 bill. He motioned for Zoey to follow him to the truck with a subtle smirk.
Once at the truck, there was no one in line so he walked up, glancing at the options just below the counter. There was so much to choose from, you could choose flavours and a cone or buy pre-packaged icecream. Of course, he chose the most expensive option.

"Could I get a chocolate triple scoop on a sprinkle cone?"

No shame whatsoever.

His mouth was practically watering thinking about it. The employee nodded with a smile and told the other to start preparing his. Meanwhile Declan looked at Zoey, wondering what she wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Zoey smiled and followed Declan closely to the ice cream truck. His ponytail swayed with his uniform stride. She took it as a signal that she tied it good. Admiring him from the back reminded Zoey of old days when they weren't friends. She would always be captivated in Declan's presence whenever he was walking by in the school hallways, or when she sat behind him in class. They've come a long way since then.

As they approached the ice cream truck, Zoey knew exactly what he was going to order. She's baked him enough things to know his tastes. He looked content with his order, making her happy too. Little things like this always made her day. To see Declan like this just from a simple ice cream reminded her that you don't need grand things to be happy.

"Nice order." Zoey gave him a thumbs up. Looking over at the menu on the side of the truck, and behind the counter, she spotted her favourites. Debating between a Hello Kitty shaped ice cream popsicle, or a strawberry cone, she decided to get the cheaper one. "Can I have a strawberry single scoop with rainbow sprinkles, on a waffle cone, please?" Zoey smiled wide at the employee, and waited eagerly for her sweet treat.

• Love
Declan was given his ice cream and it looked like a lot for one person in all honesty. After Zoey was handed hers, he looked at it curiously. Now that he thought about it, he never tried strawberry. If he liked the actual fruit covered in chocolate then the ice cream must be just as good paired together.

The total came to $12.75, Declan paying without a care in the world. After shoving the change into his shorts pocket he began walking back to the pool side to sit on their towels.

"Is that your favourite flavour?" He asked while attacking the large scoops of chocolate ice cream in front of him.

When the ice cream truck employee handed Zoey her cone, she smiled bright. There was just enough rainbow sprinkles, and the scoop of strawberry ice cream was big, which had bits of strawberry in it. She waited to start eating it until they went and sat down by the pool. While walking back, she felt her hands start to get sticky from her melting ice cream. Didn't think it was that hot out today. Upon finally sitting down on her purple towel, she secretively wiped her fingers on the edge of it, and afterwards started to lick her ice cream cone. It was sweet, and some sprinkles have melted, which made it look cool.

"Yeah, strawberry is so good. It's my favorite color too!" Zoey turned to look at Declan, only to find him in his true form. Eating chocolate ice cream as if it's the best thing in the world. She giggled at the sight, never judging how he acted.

• Love
After sitting down on his green towel next to Zoey, he paused from eating and watched her for a moment. His own ice cream was also melting on his hands but he could give less of a shit at the moment. With a expressionless face, he gently grabbed her wrist holding the ice cream. Declan took a large bite of his chocolate then gave her rainbow strawberry scoop a bite too. While doing so his dark brown eyes glanced at her with the most innocent face.

After letting go, he licked his glossed over lips and laughed a bit. "That tasted better than I thought." It was as if nothing happened for him and he went back to enjoying his own cone.

The heat was getting to him again while he squinted toward the clear water in the pool. Even the ice cream wasn't helping anything. With skilled hands, Declan began to take off his black shirt while holding his ice cream. It was the absolute last thing he ever wanted to do but was becoming a sweaty mess quickly. Once it was off, he kept his face edged away from Zoey next to him. From the looks of it, it was obvious he had grown up from the last time she seen him without a top on.

"This was a mistake..." He thought to himself while on the verge of dying from embarrassment. If only the sun could burn him to ashes right now.

• Love
"..My ice cream." Zoey gasped, looking at Declan right when he took a bite out of her ice cream. Her face rose up in a furious red blush, and it became more intense when she continued eating. An indirect kiss. "Y-Yeah, it's good." She willingly smiled, trying to cover up her embarrassment.

While finishing up the last bit of strawberry ice cream, Zoey had nearly dropped her cone. "Declan.. You're nakey." It was just one thing after the other today. When Declan wasn't looking, she peeked over at his figure. He was a bit chubby, with his stomach taking up most of the fat. Deciding that she had already given him enough compliments today, she held back from saying anything outright about it. Although, hints were always good with her.

"You're my fluffy teddy bear~" Zoey balled her fist into cat paw and held it up to her mouth, while keeping a loving gaze on Declan.

• Nice Execution!
It didn't take him long to finish the ice cream, most of it being all over his hand and the ground from the heat of course. His mind was focused on ignoring the fact that he was not wearing a shirt, but it failed once Zoey whispered in his direction.

Nakey?

Whatever that meant, it was obviously directed at him taking his top off. Declan's face twisted into a slight scowl at the mention of it. He knew she wouldn't ever say anything bad...still he couldn't help but think it could happen. Just before he fell too far into a self pity, she said and did the most embarrassing thing.

"Wha—!" It was as if his entire lungs stopped working while he choked on the hot summer air. "What's that supposed to mean!?" He exclaimed, voice still low and soft. A confused expression overtook his face while being unaware he was blushing furiously over it. "That's..." Declans voice trailed off as he wrapped his towel around himself shyly.

• Love
"Oh~! No..!! I mean.."

Zoey's hands flew up to cover her face. For Declan to put his towel around his naked chest, she must've embarrassed him pretty badly. "I mean.. I think you look nice. I love your body! I wish I could take off my shirt too, so you won't have to feel alone." She dropped her hands, resting them on her lap. Trying her hardest to keep her eyes on him, she noticed how cute he looked when he was blushing. Some of it had passed onto Zoey, feeling her face get warm. After wiping her sticky, ice cream hands on her towel a last time, she got up and walked in front of Declan.

"Declan. Please, keep your towel off. Your body is so nice.." She reached out a hand for Declan to grab. "Super hero Zoey is here to help. No need to feel shy, I'll make your bad feelings fly by like a butterfly. Let's go swimming." Looking at him with a comforting smile, she hoped he likes her cheesy rhymes.

• Love
He sat there staring at the ground while Zoey talked on, even though he was listening, it didn't look that way. Declan knew she meant no harm and kind of found it funny seeing her scramble for words to say. How come he always found them in situations where she was making him feel better about a worry or insecurity? Somehow he cared deep down enough to hope that he did the same for her sometimes, despite his minimal words and awkward glances. His bad habit of coming off the wrong way always messed things up, maybe one day he'd be able to tell Zoey the right stuff.

"What kind of rhyme is that?" A small chuckle fell from his lips even though they were laying in a subtle frown at the moment. Finally, Declan's dark eyes looked up at her with a squint from the sun, it was only 4pm and he was tired, only if more sugar could cure the never ending exhaustion. "You're so strange." His hand reached up toward her and dropped his towel in the process but instead of taking it normally, something else came over him. Softly, his hand took hers and fixed it so his fingers would intertwine with her own, standing up. Declan's eyes kept a solid gaze upon their hands, taking notice to her bright pink nails and soft skin. For some reason while he stood there all he could do was laugh a bit. "Reminds me of how Teague paints his nails, but you do it way better than he ever could." The small talk filled up all the lingering awkward feelings in the air, paying no mind to how his other hand had also intertwined with hers on 'its own'.

• Love
Zoey jumped to strike a pose, with two peace signs in the air. "Well, that was called the Have No Fear, Declan! rhyme. Made by me, Super Hero Zoey~" She laughed and returned back to her normal state.

Upon feeling Declan's hand intertwined with hers, a wave of an electric calm washed over her. Though this was a common feeling, it always seemed to become magnified each time they had some kind of physical contact.

"Y..yeah, oh Teague. How about I paint your nails one day?" Zoey was struggling to find words, as her mind was enveloped in Declan's soft touch. Going out together in public with matching painting nails was a nice thought, though.

"How about you lead me this time?" She smiled at him, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

• Love
"You really would?" Declan laughed and finally looked up from their hands finding Zoey's face. Upon locking contact with her bright eyes settled down at his hands, it made him feel terribly embarrassed. But once she smiled at him it was like the entirety of his face was up in flames, a sheepish smile trying its best to keep his eyes locked toward her.

He never wanted to see that sparkle leave her eyes.

It was something so precious to the world.

To compare her bright attitude against his dull existence was like looking at a black and white painting next to a vase of flowers bursting with colour. They contrasted but the background of monochrome set the stage for all the different colours to be showcased, Declan wanted her to shine no matter what his life was hued.

"You're lucky I don't throw you in the pool right now." He laughed and pulled her along.

-

How did this agreement end up happening?
He was going to Zoey's house for a sleepover and honestly, the whole way it ended up to be was a blur. There was nothing he could do about it now except try to be as positive as possible. Declan slipped his plaid shirt over the t-shirt he was wearing earlier and kept his hair up for now seeing as it was still kind of wet. After lacing up his shoes for once he pulled out his cell phone to check the time.

4:57pm

With a bit of a sigh, he slung his bag around him and walked out of the change room to wait for Zoey. The sun was still bright and it would probably be that way for a long time since it was summer. Where was he going to sleep at her place? He had only been there a few times but not a whole night over!? Was he going to make her feel uncomfortable? All the thoughts filled his head while he took a seat and waited for his excited friend.

• Love
It was difficult to concentrate on getting ready to leave the pool. Zoey's mind always wandered to worrying about what'll happen at the sleepover. They've slept over together before during the winter last year, but that was at Declan's house. As much as Zoey wishes they could be able to sleep in the same bed, she tried not to get her hopes up. She just wanted everything to be perfect for him for the night.

After drying off the last bits of water on her bathing suit, she put it in her bright purple and black fabric bag, and threw it over her shoulder. Luckily the change rooms weren't that full, so she was able to change comfortably. Zoey then walked over to the mirrors. "Kawaii as usual." She winked and pointed two finger guns at her reflection. She had her hair down, with most of her bangs behind her ears, and was wearing a pink flowy dress. "Ready, Zoey?" Smiling at herself in the mirror, she ran off to meet Declan.

The sound of flip flops came down the change room hallways, getting louder and faster with each step, and eventually entered outside. "DECLAN!!" Yelled Zoey as she ran toward her friend. She stopped for a moment in front of him to catch her breath. "It doesn't look like it but these change rooms are big. I was so excited so I just ran to you" Zoey smiled bright. "Really loving your outfit, by the way." Aside from Declan's blue hoodie being her most favourite, she also loved when he wore plaid.

"The bus is coming soon at 5:05! Let's go sit at the bus stop. It's only a few stops till my house." Zoey had the schedule memorized, since this was the bus that took her to the LRT station.

• Love
Declan could hear her coming, she is the only one that would run out of the change rooms after all. The sight of Zoey in a dress never failed to surprise him for some reason and paired with her hair so free was nice.

"Zoeyyy." He called out along with her while smiling softly. The comment of his outfit caught him off guard. "Oh, it's just a bit more suited for the heat I thought...was all...still sweaty though..." While his voice trailed off for the millionth time that day, Zoey seemed to have the bus all figured out.

"Let's go then." Declan gave a nod and then secured his messenger bag before starting to walk. He just hoped the way there it wouldn't be too hot. There was no way he wanted her to see him become frustrated by the heat.

• Love
Zoey walked alongside Declan, maintaining a steady pace to keep up with him. He walked pretty slow, but for a boy taller than her it was fast. The short trip to the bus stop a few blocks away was quiet. Concrete sidewalks beneath footsteps, birds chirping in the large Aspen trees, and the evening wind blowing against their backs were all prominent sounding. Zoey looked up at the sky, always fascinated how fluffy the clouds looked. They reminded her of fresh scoops of vanilla ice cream, which in turn, made her face turn red when thinking about earlier events.

As they started to approach the bus stop, two blue lights could be seen in the distance indicating that the bus would be there shortly. Zoey reached inside of her large bag and took out some change from her panda wallet. She smiled over at Declan as the large bus came to a stop in front of them. Walking on with a skip in her step, she then grabbed Declan's hand after dropping her bus money into the box.

"Let's go sit in my favourite spot! Nya~" The bus was full of people, which usually Zoey would be terrified of, but Declan brought out her more careless and extroverted side. She led him over to the back of the bus, letting him have the window seat. "It's nice and cold in here, huh?"

• Love
With the sun turning an orange rather than being a blinding light of heat, Declan found himself a bit more comfortable outside. He watched Zoey look up to the clouds wishing he could also do so again and be reminded of wonderful things. A few dandelion fluffs flew by her and floated into the never ending blue overhead, maybe to join the clouds or only to make people like her appear as an angel. Well, she sure was an angel, one disguised in black.

Declan pulled his bus pass from his back pocket and walked on with Zoey, he wasn't surprised to see how busy as it was still work hours. Besides he was used to busy public transit rides.

Letting her take his hand, he took a seat with her, sighing in relief to be out of the sun.
"Yeah, still, I'm really hot." Giving a small chuckle, Declan scoffed. "But that's just me. I don't like the heat." After the words fell from his mouth, he glanced out the bus window and watched the unfamiliar neighbourhoods pass by. There were people outside all over. Playing, jogging and even a family walking their large fluffy dog.

• Love
Zoey looked over at Declan, watching his ponytail bounce with the bumpy roads as the bus passed over them. "You're just being you. I'll let you sit beside the fan in my room. It's cold." Her eyes still were watchful on his ponytail, almost as if she was in a trance. She then traced her gaze along Declan's neck, noticing some sweat starting to appear. Good to sweat out all of the candy he eats.

Snapping out of her daze, Zoey watched all of the people on the bus. Most struggled to stay balanced during sharp turns, which were frequent on this route, making her giggle. Though everybody looked unfamiliar, one person stood out of the crowd.

"Oh my god is that Caiden." Zoey nudged Declan, then placing her hands over her eyes. The young boy seemed to resemble one of her childhood friends, whom of which she was secretly glad they didn't communicate often. He was standing near the back entrance of the bus, in turn making Zoey wince at the thought of him noticing her. It wasn't that he was a bad friend, Caiden seemed to never grow up from old ways. Though, Zoey couldn't say much about that, since she—

Next stop is 134th Street.

Zoey scrambled to find a request stop button, since this was where they were supposed to be getting off. "Come, Declan. We're here. Hehe~" She picked up her bag and made her way toward the back entrance.

• Love
"In your...room...?" Oh yeah, he forgot that he'd have to go into her room for more than a few seconds while staying over.

The thoughts panicked his mind...as immature as it was. Quickly, he pulled out a lolipop that was in his pocket, coloured red and stuck it in his mouth. Shoving the wrapper back into his jeans, he noticed Zoey worrying over someone.
"Caiden...?" Upon following where her eyes had been looking, those very familiar plaid pants and chains combo he couldn't forget caught his glance. "Isn't that the guy that called me competition or something and he referred to you as dark p—" She got up to request a stop so he fell silent, hoping the strange guy wouldn't say anything to them. Declan followed Zoey and stood behind her so she wouldn't fall on the moving bus.

"Zoey!?" Caiden, or better known as Kaiser unfortunately seen the two. He shoved his way through a few people, beginning to make a ruckus. Once he saw Declan with her, his expression turned sour. "So...you're with him again, huh?" While the bus pulled up to the stop, Kaiser was doing something ridiculous with his hands and bothering the people around him. "Never fear, dark princess! I'll save you eve—"

Before this guy could cause them even more embarrassment, Declan grabbed Zoey by the waist and pulled her off the bus as soon as the doors opened.

"H-Hey?!" Kaiser couldn't say anything else after the doors closed.

Noisily, the bus took off and it was silent again, except for the familiar sounds of summer. "Wow...he is...annoying..." Declan shook his head a bit and pulled the lolipop out of his mouth while glancing to Zoey next to him.

• Love
Upon hearing Kaiser's shrill tone of voice, Zoey was almost glad that Declan pulled her off of the bus, though she was more embarrassed by his hands on her waist. She politely smiled at Kaiser as the bus passed by them, then proceeding to let out a sigh in relief. "Oh..My dear Dark Prince.. I never got to say goodbye." Zoey wiped her fake tears with a gloomy expression. "Yep. He's something." She laughed, returning to her normal state.

"So, from here, my house is like.." They had been walking for a few minutes since they first got off the bus. "Here!" She pointed over to the house in front of them. It was a small two-story residence, painted white with a dark brown roof. Some lilies, marigolds, and clusters of forget-me-not flowers were planted sporadically in the green grass. Zoey ran up ahead to the door, looking back and smiling at Declan as she placed her keys in the lock. A faint scent of white wine coming from the living room traveled over to her nose, cringing at the smell. Her older sister Samantha was sitting on a small part of the black leather couch, while an unfamiliar young woman laid sleeping on the rest.

"I'm home~! I brought someone." Gesturing for Declan to come in, Zoey threw her bag onto the coat hanger near the door.

Samantha looked up from her lipstick stained wine glass, eyes lighting up when her gaze laid on Declan. "Well look who we have here. The princess and her princ-"

"HEY HOW ABOUT WE GO UPSTAIRS NOW.." Zoey covered her face in a furious blush, hoping that didn't embarrass Declan too much.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.